CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: 9/13/2018  (Read 10470 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 9/13/2018
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2018, 02:25:43 PM »

Today from SBC:

Thursday Special!

Today only we have one special on three categories!

Campesino
 La Barba
 Viaje

CODE: THURSDAY = 20% off plus 5% reward points

You have any recommendations, O'LearnedOne?
Don't know Campesino.  I've become tired of Viaje as it's a total crapshoot as to what a new offering tastes like.  Plus premium pricing for said crapshoot.
La Barba are good.  Red and Purple are ones I've enjoyed.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2018, 02:26:43 PM »

Is it raining on anyone's parade yet?
Skies are gray here, but no rain at the moment. Afternoon, flip.
Skies have been gray for a week!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2018, 02:28:22 PM »

Today from SBC:

Thursday Special!

Campesino
 La Barba
 Viaje

Don't know Campesino.  I've become tired of Viaje as it's a total crapshoot as to what a new offering tastes like.  Plus premium pricing for said crapshoot.
Besides, as you know, even with the discounts, they are more expensive than other sites.  They just have some scarce items in stock when the larger boys don't have them.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2018, 02:43:42 PM »

did a little shopping and stopped for tacos and burritos for lunch.
Home Depot parking lot?
no, that's for Italian sausage and hot dogs.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2018, 02:44:06 PM »

Threebean

« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2018, 03:03:42 PM »

Today from SBC:

Thursday Special!

Campesino
 La Barba
 Viaje

Besides, as you know, even with the discounts, they are more expensive than other sites.  They just have some scarce items in stock when the larger boys don't have them.
Thanks for the info.  They are on the pricier side, but I'm in the mood for something new (TWSS), and 20% discount with FS is my trigger point.  Hit the Campesino sampler and a sixer of the La Barba Red. 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2018, 03:26:18 PM »

Today from SBC:

Thursday Special!

Campesino
 La Barba
 Viaje

Thanks for the info.  They are on the pricier side, but I'm in the mood for something new (TWSS), and 20% discount with FS is my trigger point.  Hit the Campesino sampler and a sixer of the La Barba Red.
Good deal, I will await your assessment.  You saw my response earlier about Southern Draw being on Famous Auctioneer, yes?

Threebean

« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2018, 03:38:42 PM »

Today from SBC:

Thursday Special!

Campesino
 La Barba
 Viaje

Good deal, I will await your assessment.  You saw my response earlier about Southern Draw being on Famous Auctioneer, yes?
Yes, haven't check it out yet.  Fixin' to relocate to the man cave. 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2018, 04:05:13 PM »

Today from SBC:

Thursday Special!

Campesino
 La Barba
 Viaje

I did the same taking a flier on a sampling of Archetype offerings.  First pass was a big no for Strange Passage and an above average for Axis Mundi.  Fable Fourth Prime was also an eh on first pass.  La Palina Bronze is noticeably different from the line, solid smoke...still trying to make up my mind if it's in my wheelhouse.  My Father La Gran Oferta is a solid as is Room 101 Farce  (the latter being a bit pricy)!

Was very pleased with the Diesel Whiskey Row (not a CI exclusive)
Have some others resting that I plan on visiting soon including Punch Diablo, The "T" Connecticut, Aganorsa Leaf Connecticut (previously Casa Fernandez), 2018 Las Calaveras, Black Label Trading's Morphine....maybe this weekend.

Threebean

« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2018, 04:15:55 PM »

Today from SBC:

Thursday Special!

Campesino
 La Barba
 Viaje

Yes, haven't check it out yet.  Fixin' to relocate to the man cave.
Maestro del Tiempo petite rob on fire per HurricaneDave's example yesterday.

Threebean

« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2018, 04:16:50 PM »

Today from SBC:

Thursday Special!

Campesino
 La Barba
 Viaje

I did the same taking a flier on a sampling of Archetype offerings.  First pass was a big no for Strange Passage and an above average for Axis Mundi.  Fable Fourth Prime was also an eh on first pass.  La Palina Bronze is noticeably different from the line, solid smoke...still trying to make up my mind if it's in my wheelhouse.  My Father La Gran Oferta is a solid as is Room 101 Farce  (the latter being a bit pricy)!

Was very pleased with the Diesel Whiskey Row (not a CI exclusive)
Have some others resting that I plan on visiting soon including Punch Diablo, The "T" Connecticut, Aganorsa Leaf Connecticut (previously Casa Fernandez), 2018 Las Calaveras, Black Label Trading's Morphine....maybe this weekend.
That is quite an on-deck lineup. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #116 on: September 13, 2018, 07:23:42 PM »

My cigar of the day was a well deserved Davidoff Nicaragua robusto. My favorite Davidoff to date. Woodsy and nutty notes with a smooth retrohale. I'd definitely smoke it again if it were gifted. Too expensive otherwise.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]