CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: 8/10/2016  (Read 20857 times)

Threebean

Re: 8/10/2016
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2016, 07:27:10 AM »

Can't remember the last time I ate at a Denny's or IHOP.
I hate IHOP (fuk'n commie yuppie hangout with way overpriced food which is mostly not that good) but I had Denny's breakfast in San Antonio a few months back.
Nothing wrong with Denny's, as long as you don't mind the sometimes sketchy clientele.
That would be Waffle House with the scary clientele regardless of the time of day.   And goes for their help, too. 

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2016, 07:27:50 AM »

I hate IHOP (fuk'n commie yuppie hangout with way overpriced food which is mostly not that good) but I had Denny's breakfast in San Antonio a few months back.
Nothing wrong with Denny's, as long as you don't mind the sometimes sketchy clientele.
That would be Waffle House with the scary clientele regardless of the time of day.   And goes for their help, too.
Agree with that also! 

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2016, 07:31:11 AM »

Welcome relief on the way, yeah sure!

Dangerously high heat and humidity today
 Updated: 16 mins ago

A Heat Advisory is in effect for much of the area for temperatures that will feel as hot as 112 degrees. Welcome relief arrives this weekend…

Threebean

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2016, 07:32:50 AM »

A Heat Advisory is in effect for much of the area for temperatures that will feel as hot as 112 degrees. Welcome relief arrives this weekend…
F'n dewpoint is 78 deg right now.  81 deg, 91% RH.  Oh yeah....

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2016, 07:33:13 AM »

161 Days!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2016, 07:50:13 AM »

Don't know if there are any Waffle Houses in Yankeeland, but I agree.  Do have a nostalgic need to visit the one in Clemson on visits however.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2016, 07:51:07 AM »

Isn't the dewpoint in TexDave's pool less than that?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2016, 07:56:38 AM »

Don't know if there are any Waffle Houses in Yankeeland, but I agree.  Do have a nostalgic need to visit the one in Clemson on visits however.
LOL, they have one in Ruston too and I think about stopping in for old times  sake every time I drive down I-20.

The more popular joint for us in my day was the Pit Grill which is long gone in Ruston but I have noticed in my travels there are a few scattered around the country, mostly in small towns.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2016, 07:57:06 AM »

Isn't the dewpoint in TexDave's pool less than that?
Chit, the water temperature in my pool is not too much higher than that.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2016, 08:11:33 AM »

Definitely don't have any north of the Mason/Dixon line, but it's a must visit when heading to the dirty south.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2016, 08:14:03 AM »

Definitely don't have any north of the Mason/Dixon line, but it's a must visit when heading to the dirty south.
Ok, I take that back. Apparently, we have a bunch of them in Ohio. Had no idea.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2016, 08:14:42 AM »

Good morning, humpees.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2016, 08:15:24 AM »

Threebean

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2016, 08:16:46 AM »

Ok, I take that back. Apparently, we have a bunch of them in Ohio. Had no idea.
I do believe it's in their franchise agreement that cigarette smoke hang in the air at all times. 

Threebean

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2016, 08:17:11 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16