Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2015, 07:45:39 AM »

We had one hell of a storm last night about 8:30, golf ball sized hail with 50-60 mph wind and it hailed for a good 15 minutes.  Lot of damage around a wide area, about 3 miles from me they had hail twice that size.
felt like a storm moving in last night but got nothing.
About 15 minutes warning on this one, crazy as hell.  There was a line of light to moderate storms moving ENE for a while that would have mostly missed us.  This small cell broke away from the south end of that line quickly strengthened and moved ESE directly at us at 35-40 mph.
did you suffer any damage,
Undoubtably had to have destroyed my roof, and every other shingle roof in about a 10 mile wid path.  Still dark can't tell much.

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2015, 07:46:44 AM »

We had one hell of a storm last night about 8:30, golf ball sized hail with 50-60 mph wind and it hailed for a good 15 minutes.  Lot of damage around a wide area, about 3 miles from me they had hail twice that size.
felt like a storm moving in last night but got nothing.
About 15 minutes warning on this one, crazy as hell.  There was a line of light to moderate storms moving ENE for a while that would have mostly missed us.  This small cell broke away from the south end of that line quickly strengthened and moved ESE directly at us at 35-40 mph.
did you suffer any damage,
Undoubtably had to have destroyed my roof, and every other shingle roof in about a 10 mile wid path.  Still dark can't tell much.
Oh crap, that will suck.

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2015, 07:55:14 AM »

We had one hell of a storm last night about 8:30, golf ball sized hail with 50-60 mph wind and it hailed for a good 15 minutes.  Lot of damage around a wide area, about 3 miles from me they had hail twice that size.
felt like a storm moving in last night but got nothing.
About 15 minutes warning on this one, crazy as hell.  There was a line of light to moderate storms moving ENE for a while that would have mostly missed us.  This small cell broke away from the south end of that line quickly strengthened and moved ESE directly at us at 35-40 mph.
did you suffer any damage,
Undoubtably had to have destroyed my roof, and every other shingle roof in about a 10 mile wid path.  Still dark can't tell much.
Oh crap, that will suck.
For sure!  Daylight now I am going to survey my damage.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 4/19/2015
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2015, 07:59:15 AM »

We had one hell of a storm last night about 8:30, golf ball sized hail with 50-60 mph wind and it hailed for a good 15 minutes.  Lot of damage around a wide area, about 3 miles from me they had hail twice that size.
Ibet your deductible is like ours down here, they made it now where they almost don't pay much at all to replace you roof.
felt like a storm moving in last night but got nothing.
About 15 minutes warning on this one, crazy as hell.  There was a line of light to moderate storms moving ENE for a while that would have mostly missed us.  This small cell broke away from the south end of that line quickly strengthened and moved ESE directly at us at 35-40 mph.
did you suffer any damage,
Undoubtably had to have destroyed my roof, and every other shingle roof in about a 10 mile wid path.  Still dark can't tell much.
Oh crap, that will suck.
For sure!  Daylight now I am going to survey my damage.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 4/19/2015
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2015, 07:59:33 AM »

Good morning Dean and Native.

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2015, 08:21:51 AM »

Never seen this before but it literally stripped all the leaves off the live oak trees.  Lots of the mineral aggregate from the roof shingles is on the ground so the roof will undoubtedly have to be replaced.

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2015, 08:24:57 AM »

Never seen this before but it literally stripped all the leaves off the live oak trees.  Lots of the mineral aggregate from the roof shingles is on the ground so the roof will undoubtedly have to be replaced.
Ouch.  Sorry to be reading all this.  Try to have a good morning anyway, Dave.

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2015, 08:25:20 AM »

And good morning Chip and Dean too.

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2015, 08:28:35 AM »

And good morning Short Stack too if you're still lurking.

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2015, 08:29:46 AM »

[...]
the deductible  for hail damage is different than everything else.  It is a % of the home value and will probably amount to about half the roofing cost as I remember from when we bought it.  That is the standard in  TX because there are so many hail storms.  At least there was not a damn tornado!

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2015, 08:30:30 AM »

Good Sunday Morning Tony.

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2015, 08:31:17 AM »

Never seen this before but it literally stripped all the leaves off the live oak trees.  Lots of the mineral aggregate from the roof shingles is on the ground so the roof will undoubtedly have to be replaced.
Ouch.  Sorry to be reading all this.  Try to have a good morning anyway, Dave.
Thanks, sadly it is part of living in most of Texas.

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2015, 08:33:43 AM »

There are still a lot of hailstones in the yard.

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2015, 08:35:09 AM »

Here are the leaves off my pear tree that were on the tree yesterday,

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2015, 08:49:38 AM »

Never seen this before but it literally stripped all the leaves off the live oak trees.  Lots of the mineral aggregate from the roof shingles is on the ground so the roof will undoubtedly have to be replaced.
Ouch.  Sorry to be reading all this.  Try to have a good morning anyway, Dave.
Thanks, sadly it is part of living in most of Texas.
I'll have to put that in the CON column.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6