CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: 3/9/2021  (Read 4175 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 3/9/2021
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2021, 11:21:48 AM »

The Falcon and Winter Soldier starting in 10 days.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2021, 11:21:59 AM »

Another Megan and Harry lull?
How many times are you going to watch that Tony?
I think Oprah released some footage that didn't make it into the original special, he must be using that to fill in the blanks.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2021, 11:25:06 AM »

Here in a new banter segment, we have the entertaining cigar description:

"It tastes like rye bread on top of some weird creaminess and tertiary flavors of coffee bitters and horseradish. The finish has both rye bread and nuttiness, though it’s now joined by herbs, pre-ground black pepper and touches of saltiness. The retrohales show off even more of the saltiness joining a different bread flavor—more like a sourdough—along with strawberries and a tiny bit of harshness. The finish of the retorhale is similar, though there’s a bit more meatiness and virtually none of the strawberry flavor."
And later in the same review...

"...continues to be led by the rye bread flavor, though predictably it’s now joined by toastiness and saltiness that seem to come over from the retrohale. There’s also a bit of a Thousand Island dressing flavor, though it’s a very distant secondary offering. The finish has more toastiness, a bitter creaminess, white pepper and black pepper. While it’s not particularly spicy, the pepper flavors do seem to stick around more than the other flavors on the finish. The largest change for me is that the flavor is now definitively in the full category with tons of richness. While the smoke production sometimes requires me to increase puff rates to prevent the cigar from going out, I’m able to correct the issue without the use of the lighter, at least until right around the point where I go to remove the band. By that point—the final third—the profile no longer has any bread flavors. Instead there’s a nutty mixture—sometimes leaning towards macadamia nuts—over grapefruit sourness and white pepper. The finish is a bit more vibrant with nuttiness, citrus rinds, a sweet creaminess and a black pepper that lingers on the front of my tongue for a minute or so. Retrohaling provides even more citrus notes joined by nuttiness, popcorn and a bit of meatiness. Interestingly, pushing the smoke out through my nose also leads to an even stronger black pepper on my tongue that once again continues for minutes."
Get the fuck out of here with that description.
Indeed.  BTW, that was a Halfwheel review of Crowned Heads Mason-Dixon (Southern ed.)

https://halfwheel.com/the-mason-dixon-project-limited-edition-2014-southern-edition/390860/

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2021, 11:26:42 AM »

Glad you could stop back to help get us to page three LTG.
Did you order your Exclusivo Bueso's yet?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2021, 11:35:46 AM »

Here in a new banter segment, we have the entertaining cigar description:

"It tastes like rye bread on top of some weird creaminess and tertiary flavors of coffee bitters and horseradish. The finish has both rye bread and nuttiness, though it’s now joined by herbs, pre-ground black pepper and touches of saltiness. The retrohales show off even more of the saltiness joining a different bread flavor—more like a sourdough—along with strawberries and a tiny bit of harshness. The finish of the retorhale is similar, though there’s a bit more meatiness and virtually none of the strawberry flavor."
And later in the same review...

"...continues to be led by the rye bread flavor, though predictably it’s now joined by toastiness and saltiness that seem to come over from the retrohale. There’s also a bit of a Thousand Island dressing flavor, though it’s a very distant secondary offering. The finish has more toastiness, a bitter creaminess, white pepper and black pepper. While it’s not particularly spicy, the pepper flavors do seem to stick around more than the other flavors on the finish. The largest change for me is that the flavor is now definitively in the full category with tons of richness. While the smoke production sometimes requires me to increase puff rates to prevent the cigar from going out, I’m able to correct the issue without the use of the lighter, at least until right around the point where I go to remove the band. By that point—the final third—the profile no longer has any bread flavors. Instead there’s a nutty mixture—sometimes leaning towards macadamia nuts—over grapefruit sourness and white pepper. The finish is a bit more vibrant with nuttiness, citrus rinds, a sweet creaminess and a black pepper that lingers on the front of my tongue for a minute or so. Retrohaling provides even more citrus notes joined by nuttiness, popcorn and a bit of meatiness. Interestingly, pushing the smoke out through my nose also leads to an even stronger black pepper on my tongue that once again continues for minutes."
Man, now I'm hungry.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2021, 11:42:08 AM »

I'm neither mentioning nor commenting on a certain tv event featuring certain celebrities.  I don't know what on earth possessed the almighty Algorithms to think I give a flying fuck in a rolling donut about foreign aristocracy, but it's driving me up a wall, and if I mention any of the names here, I'm sure the flood on my news feeds will only get worse. 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2021, 11:52:34 AM »

I'm neither mentioning nor commenting on a certain tv event featuring certain celebrities.  I don't know what on earth possessed the almighty Algorithms to think I give a flying fuck in a rolling donut about foreign aristocracy, but it's driving me up a wall, and if I mention any of the names here, I'm sure the flood on my news feeds will only get worse.
I think the algorithms are out the window on this one, as the powers that be assume we all want to know about the royal family, for some reason.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2021, 11:54:06 AM »

If they were a smaller size, I might consider it. I've only had a couple of that particular blend.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2021, 11:59:10 AM »

If they were a smaller size, I might consider it. I've only had a couple of that particular blend.
TNWSS

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2021, 12:05:15 PM »

Heck, if Tony ever showed up, we'd be on page 4 by now!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2021, 12:06:17 PM »

I think the algorithms are out the window on this one, as the powers that be assume we all want to know about the royal family, for some reason.
Folks just love the dirt....as long as it's someone else's.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2021, 12:10:24 PM »

One of those things I don't know that I'll ever understand.
People always seem to like to root for the underdog, the Cinderella, but heaven forbid that underdog makes it, is successful, we now need to find a way to bring them down, see them fail.

I would ask Bill Gates about that, but the microchip that I got with the vaccine makes me go blank whenever I start discussing him....
ah......what was I saying?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2021, 01:02:39 PM »

People always seem to like to root for the underdog, the Cinderella, but heaven forbid that underdog makes it, is successful, we now need to find a way to bring them down, see them fail.

I would ask Bill Gates about that, but the microchip that I got with the vaccine makes me go blank whenever I start discussing him....
At least the 5G signal coming from your head must give you pretty good service.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2021, 01:06:51 PM »

Yea, but that 5G causes COVID...

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2021, 01:07:53 PM »

Yea, but that 5G causes COVID...
See, that's how they get ya.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6