CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: 12/17/2020  (Read 2476 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 12/17/2020
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2020, 07:58:22 AM »

Puffing a little C&D in my handmade Brian Kalnitz bulldog
That sounds like fun. Hoping to find my tobacco and join you one day soon.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2020, 08:02:28 AM »

Been just told that we're getting the three days after Christmas off from work as a thank you for the great job we did this year. They are officially closing the doors to the virtual office. That puts me in a bit of a precarious position since I don't get paid for those 3 days AND I promised clients we would be delivering on those days and now we won't be.

Threebean

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2020, 08:05:38 AM »

Been just told that we're getting the three days after Christmas off from work as a thank you for the great job we did this year. They are officially closing the doors to the virtual office. That puts me in a bit of a precarious position since I don't get paid for those 3 days AND I promised clients we would be delivering on those days and now we won't be.
In other words a three-day layoff for you. "Thanks for the great job, now GFY!"

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2020, 08:10:14 AM »

In other words a three-day layoff for you. "Thanks for the great job, now GFY!"
I saw it that way but I hate that I'm so cynical. It's great for the staff.

Threebean

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2020, 08:10:24 AM »

Meanwhile we added three days of vacation to everyone's acct so all next week is paid time off.  That photo I have of the HR director with a sheep has really paid off.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2020, 08:21:46 AM »

So you can't still work and get paid?

Threebean

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2020, 08:34:33 AM »

Sure, save the vaca days for another time, but that is not a popular option. 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2020, 08:46:14 AM »

I meant Tony, who's not gonna get paid and at the same time screw over his clients.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2020, 08:47:46 AM »

I meant Tony, who's not gonna get paid and at the same time screw over his clients.
Thats the plan

Threebean

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2020, 08:57:01 AM »

Seems they are closing the "virtual office" so nobody can work, but likely I don't understand the mysterious machinations of an intergovernmental organization.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2020, 08:58:47 AM »

Seems they are closing the "virtual office" so nobody can work, but likely I don't understand the mysterious machinations of an intergovernmental organization.
Few do.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2020, 09:06:24 AM »

We have what's called shut down days. We get 3 every Christmas. Group that with the holidays and some vacation days,See you next year. As I'm essential personel and I have seniority. I plan this off every year. We haven't had a raise in 5 years but the time off can't be matched any where else.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2020, 09:10:52 AM »

Puffing a little C&D in my handmade Brian Kalnitz bulldog
That sounds like fun. Hoping to find my tobacco and join you one day soon.
I actually took a two year hiatus from pipes. I'm working through some great tobaccos and a recent order. I have quite the collection. I can post some pictures over the next few weeks. If it's no interest I will refrain.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2020, 09:20:05 AM »

Has anyone checked on Dean?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2020, 09:20:54 AM »

Meanwhile we added three days of vacation to everyone's acct so all next week is paid time off.  That photo I have of the HR director with a sheep has really paid off.
I'll have to get myself one of those.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5