CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: 3/8/2018  (Read 9558 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 3/8/2018
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2018, 08:17:59 AM »

Good morning shovelers. 44 deg here, high of 70 expected with sunny skies.   8)
Long past due for a GFY!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2018, 08:20:32 AM »

Good morning SCTex, Dave, and Scott.
Morning Tony, Scott. How bad did you guys get snowed in?
We got about 10" but the timing was bad. No school for kids today, they didn't re-plow my street until about 5:30 this morning and I had to shovel the dreaded end of the driveway before I could leave for work
That's always the worst part.
Just to understand, wouldn't you want them to plow the street before you clean your driveway?  Otherwise you'd have that plow mound at the apron to get back out and redo.
Doesn't work that way.  First off, if you waited for the plow to come through, you'd be out at 2 in the morning shoveling or SOL when it all freezes up like with Tony.  Second, regardless of whether it's shoveled or not, they seem to make a point of mounding up in front of driveways.

sfish

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2018, 08:27:53 AM »

We got about 10" but the timing was bad. No school for kids today, they didn't re-plow my street until about 5:30 this morning and I had to shovel the dreaded end of the driveway before I could leave for work
Just to understand, wouldn't you want them to plow the street before you clean your driveway?  Otherwise you'd have that plow mound at the apron to get back out and redo.
Just shut it and enjoy Texas!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2018, 08:29:28 AM »

Just shut it and enjoy Texas!
Well, enjoy the weather, at least. ;)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2018, 08:30:01 AM »

Doesn't work that way.  First off, if you waited for the plow to come through, you'd be out at 2 in the morning shoveling or SOL when it all freezes up like with Tony.  Second, regardless of whether it's shoveled or not, they seem to make a point of mounding up in front of driveways.
I'm with Mark, I want the street plowed first so that after I shovel the drive, I don't have to do the apron again later.

sfish

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2018, 08:43:24 AM »

I'm with Mark, I want the street plowed first so that after I shovel the drive, I don't have to do the apron again later.
I called the township and asked if they could do that for me, you can't imagine the response I got.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2018, 08:51:13 AM »

I called the township and asked if they could do that for me, you can't imagine the response I got.
In a NJ township, I absolutely can imagine. Lol

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2018, 08:53:59 AM »

One lady had her car towed in because it was making weird noises. We checked a few basic things first, then started it to see what the noise sounded like and the exhaust system spit out a whole bunch of nasty sludge and smoke but wouldn’t actually run.

Turns out, she thought the opening to add gas was the opening to add everything. When she first started having problems, she dumped oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, and windshield washer fluid in there to “make sure it wasn’t running low on fluids.”

Happy Women's Day

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2018, 08:57:22 AM »

One lady had her car towed in because it was making weird noises. We checked a few basic things first, then started it to see what the noise sounded like and the exhaust system spit out a whole bunch of nasty sludge and smoke but wouldn’t actually run.

Turns out, she thought the opening to add gas was the opening to add everything. When she first started having problems, she dumped oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, and windshield washer fluid in there to “make sure it wasn’t running low on fluids.”

Happy Women's Day
Ya know, dozens of things come to mind but I shall just refrain.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2018, 08:58:03 AM »

Happy Women's Day
I was 75% of the way through this before I realized it was a joke, and not something that happened to you last night. Morning, Dean.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2018, 08:58:48 AM »

Usually people compete against each other in "can you top this", but you do it all by yourself Dean.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2018, 08:59:40 AM »

Oh, and good morning Mr. Dean.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2018, 09:03:06 AM »

In addition to International Womens Day, we have the following to celebrate:

NATIONAL OREGON DAY  (wonder if that pisses off Washingtonians )
 NATIONAL PEANUT CLUSTER DAY (wonder if that's related to #1)

Threebean

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2018, 09:04:17 AM »

Wow, after cigars and Nate's potential to win an Oscar, that's a third thing we agree on.  Progress!   ;)

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2018, 09:06:54 AM »

Usually people compete against each other in "can you top this", but you do it all by yourself Dean.

yep.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9