Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Big groper news for the morning, pedophile groper is narrowly defeated in Alabama election.
Glad he lost but I can't believe people went out to vote for him at all.
I say y'all are pedophiles. It must be true. I can produce the same amount of evidence on you that was produced on Roy Moore.

Jayzus. Do you guys believe everything you see on TV?
Don't you?
Hell, I don't believe what I say half the time.
Ain't that the truth.  Morning Raz.  What firearm are you giving yourself for Christmas?

Morning RevRaz, ReturnedDalek, SmokebreakSam and BackInTheSaddleCB.
Afternoon Dave.  You home for the holidays?

Everyone's got something to be embarrassed about. Especially politicians.

But this was Roy Moore's eighth election, and only now the 30-year-old allegations come out? And they're automatically true? Because they're leveled by women?
Riding the wave of #MeToo, people are giving it a different weight.
You are right, the specifics about Moore's situation are not proven, but we both have been around long enough to know how prevalent this is and how easily it has been swept under the rug until recently.

In regard to Moore, whether it is true or not, there are enough other FACTS about the nutcase that should have made him unelectable anyway.  Take for example him currently waiting on God to tell him he lost the election.... ::)
Yes, it has been swept under the rug, but it's dangerous to swing the other way to where we believe accusations without evidence. Emmit Till, anyone?

People can vote against anyone for whatever reason they want, false accusations, looney behavior, whatever. And Roy Moore is a character, to be sure.

I'm just not crazy about otherwise seemingly rational people who really seem to believe the accusations are fact.
Having dealt with the "perception is reality" wave for a number of years in work, and being fairly close to the Duke Lacrosse near- linching, I know full well what happens with the good intentioned "rational" folks.  Probably the bigger problem is that most of us "know" that many in politics, business leadership, the clergy....whatever positions of power have long fostered a real tolerance of "boys" bad behavior.  Hell, nobody batted an eye when we elected the groper in chief....does anyone doubt he's done all he's been accused of and more?  There are plenty of recordings of him celebrating that exact thing, and what really creeps me out are the comments about his daughter.  People were OK giving a pass on all of that.

Morning RevRaz, ReturnedDalek, SmokebreakSam and BackInTheSaddleCB.
Afternoon Dave.  You home for the holidays?
No more travel for the year.  Taking off Friday, Monday and Friday of next week and all of the following....along with a recovery day of Jan 2.

Big groper news for the morning, pedophile groper is narrowly defeated in Alabama election.
Glad he lost but I can't believe people went out to vote for him at all.
I say y'all are pedophiles. It must be true. I can produce the same amount of evidence on you that was produced on Roy Moore.

Jayzus. Do you guys believe everything you see on TV?
Don't you?
Hell, I don't believe what I say half the time.
Ain't that the truth.  Morning Raz.  What firearm are you giving yourself for Christmas?
I think he bought himself a gun safe this year, but I could be wrong,
I got married, twice!

[...]

Just because someone gets elected doesn't mean they got a pass. There is no objective standard for "electability." People can vote for who they want for whatever reason they want. The only requirement for the US Senate, to take but one example, is that the candidate must be 30 years old, a citizen of the US for 9 years, and an inhabitant of the state that elects them. That's it. Being a felon, a pedophile, a murderer, or even insane or mentally deficient are not disqualifying factors except in the minds of some percentage of the electorate.

There's evidence that Trump has been a sexual harasser. People can decide that disqualifies him from office, or they can decide it doesn't, or they can decide it's less important than other factors. Whatever.

My point is, the obvious evidence of Donald Trump's behavior toward women, and the probability that a lot of other politicians behaving the same way, isn't an indicator of Roy Moore's behavior, sans any corroborating evidence.

[...]

That is correct sir.

Big groper news for the morning, pedophile groper is narrowly defeated in Alabama election.
Glad he lost but I can't believe people went out to vote for him at all.
I say y'all are pedophiles. It must be true. I can produce the same amount of evidence on you that was produced on Roy Moore.

Jayzus. Do you guys believe everything you see on TV?
Don't you?
Hell, I don't believe what I say half the time.
Ain't that the truth.  Morning Raz.  What firearm are you giving yourself for Christmas?
I think he bought himself a gun safe this year, but I could be wrong,
I got married, twice!
Way to bring us down for Christmastime there Flip.

Big groper news for the morning, pedophile groper is narrowly defeated in Alabama election.
Glad he lost but I can't believe people went out to vote for him at all.
I say y'all are pedophiles. It must be true. I can produce the same amount of evidence on you that was produced on Roy Moore.

Jayzus. Do you guys believe everything you see on TV?
Don't you?
Hell, I don't believe what I say half the time.
Ain't that the truth.  Morning Raz.  What firearm are you giving yourself for Christmas?
No firearm for me for Christmas. Twelve guns is enough for one year, and I have two builds underway. Have to pay for the gun safe and the hunting trip in Montana, and I'm buying the wife an expensive set of china dinnerware tomorrow morning.

Big groper news for the morning, pedophile groper is narrowly defeated in Alabama election.
Glad he lost but I can't believe people went out to vote for him at all.
I say y'all are pedophiles. It must be true. I can produce the same amount of evidence on you that was produced on Roy Moore.

Jayzus. Do you guys believe everything you see on TV?
Don't you?
Hell, I don't believe what I say half the time.
Ain't that the truth.  Morning Raz.  What firearm are you giving yourself for Christmas?
I think he bought himself a gun safe this year, but I could be wrong,
I got married, twice!
Way to bring us down for Christmastime there Flip.
Pipe down, or I'll sing Christmas Shoes, followed by The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

Big groper news for the morning, pedophile groper is narrowly defeated in Alabama election.
Glad he lost but I can't believe people went out to vote for him at all.
I say y'all are pedophiles. It must be true. I can produce the same amount of evidence on you that was produced on Roy Moore.

Jayzus. Do you guys believe everything you see on TV?
Don't you?
Hell, I don't believe what I say half the time.
Ain't that the truth.  Morning Raz.  What firearm are you giving yourself for Christmas?
I think he bought himself a gun safe this year, but I could be wrong,
I got married, twice!
Way to bring us down for Christmastime there Flip.
Pipe down, or I'll sing Christmas Shoes, followed by The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.
I'm fine with that....as long as we have 50+ miles between us.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!

Big groper news for the morning, pedophile groper is narrowly defeated in Alabama election.
Glad he lost but I can't believe people went out to vote for him at all.
I say y'all are pedophiles. It must be true. I can produce the same amount of evidence on you that was produced on Roy Moore.

Jayzus. Do you guys believe everything you see on TV?
Don't you?
Hell, I don't believe what I say half the time.
Ain't that the truth.  Morning Raz.  What firearm are you giving yourself for Christmas?
I think he bought himself a gun safe this year, but I could be wrong,
I got married, twice!
Doesn't necessarily make you wrong, insane maybe...  Hi Flip.

Big groper news for the morning, pedophile groper is narrowly defeated in Alabama election.
Glad he lost but I can't believe people went out to vote for him at all.
I say y'all are pedophiles. It must be true. I can produce the same amount of evidence on you that was produced on Roy Moore.

Jayzus. Do you guys believe everything you see on TV?
Don't you?
Hell, I don't believe what I say half the time.
Ain't that the truth.  Morning Raz.  What firearm are you giving yourself for Christmas?
I think he bought himself a gun safe this year, but I could be wrong,
I got married, twice!
Doesn't necessarily make you wrong, insane maybe...  Hi Flip.
Hello Sam,  and it was two different women, at least I didn't make the same mistake twice...

Big groper news for the morning, pedophile groper is narrowly defeated in Alabama election.
Glad he lost but I can't believe people went out to vote for him at all.
I say y'all are pedophiles. It must be true. I can produce the same amount of evidence on you that was produced on Roy Moore.

Jayzus. Do you guys believe everything you see on TV?
Don't you?
Hell, I don't believe what I say half the time.
I don't believe you the other half of the time.

Big groper news for the morning, pedophile groper is narrowly defeated in Alabama election.
Glad he lost but I can't believe people went out to vote for him at all.
I say y'all are pedophiles. It must be true. I can produce the same amount of evidence on you that was produced on Roy Moore.

Jayzus. Do you guys believe everything you see on TV?
Don't you?
Hell, I don't believe what I say half the time.
Ain't that the truth.  Morning Raz.  What firearm are you giving yourself for Christmas?
I think he bought himself a gun safe this year, but I could be wrong,
I got married, twice!
Doesn't necessarily make you wrong, insane maybe...  Hi Flip.
Hello Sam,  and it was two different women, at least I didn't make the same mistake twice...
Sounds to me like you made exactly the same mistake twice.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6