Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1989, a popular uprising began in Romania that resulted in the downfall of dictator Nicolae Ceausescu (chow-SHES'-koo).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1991, an Egyptian-registered ferry, the Salem Express, hit a reef and sank in the Red Sea; at least 470 people died, although some estimates are much higher.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 2001, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Italy, was reopened to the public after a $27 million realignment that had dragged on for over a decade.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Ten years ago: Time Warner Inc. agreed to pay over $500 million to resolve federal securities fraud and accounting investigations of its America Online unit. American telecommunications giants Sprint Corp. and Nextel Communications Inc. announced they would merge in a $35 billion deal. Pauline Gore, mother of former Vice President Al Gore, died in Carthage, Tennessee; she was 92. The boxing drama "Million Dollar Baby," starring Clint Eastwood (who also directed) and Hilary Swank, was put in limited release by Warner Bros.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Five years ago: World leaders formally opened a U.N. climate change conference in Copenhagen. The Washington, D.C. City Council voted to legalize same-sex marriage. Boeing's new 787 "Dreamliner" jet went on its long-delayed first test flight, lifting off from Paine Field in Everett, Washington. Evangelist Oral Roberts died in Newport Beach, California, at age 91.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

One year ago: Nelson Mandela was laid to rest in his childhood hometown, ending a 10-day mourning period for South Africa's first black president. Michelle Bachelet easily won Chile's presidential runoff. Academy Award-winning actress Joan Fontaine, 96, died in Carmel, California. Harold Camping, 92, a California preacher who'd used his radio ministry and thousands of billboards to broadcast the end of the world and then gave up when his date-specific doomsdays did not come to pass, died in Oakland, California.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Today's Birthdays: Actor-comedian Tim Conway is 81. Singer Cindy Birdsong (The Supremes) is 75. Rock musician Dave Clark (The Dave Clark Five) is 72. Rock musician Carmine Appice (Vanilla Fudge) is 68. Actor Don Johnson is 65. Actress Melanie Chartoff is 64. Movie director Julie Taymor is 62. Movie director Alex Cox is 60. Actor Justin Ross is 60. Rock musician Paul Simonon (The Clash) is 59. Movie director John Lee Hancock (Film: "Saving Mr. Banks"; "The Blind Side") is 58. DNC Vice Chairwoman Donna Brazile is 55. Country singer Doug Phelps (Brother Phelps; Kentucky Headhunters) is 54. Movie producer-director Reginald Hudlin is 53. Actress Helen Slater is 51. Actress Molly Price is 49. Actor Michael Shanks is 44. Actor Stuart Townsend is 42. Figure skater Surya Bonaly is 41. "Crowd-hyper" Kito Trawick (Ghostown DJs) is 37. Actor Adam Brody is 35. Actress Michelle Dockery (TV: "Downton Abbey") is 33. Actor George O. Gore II is 32. Actress Camilla Luddington (TV: "Grey's Anatomy") is 31. Rock musician Alana Haim (HYM) is 23. Actress Stefania Owen is 17.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Thought for Today: "Silence is more musical than any song." — Christina Rossetti, British poet (1830-1874).

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Axioms
-------------------------

Life isn't like a box of chocolates; it's more like a jar of jalapenos: you never know what's going to burn your ass.

I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by.

Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it.

Needing someone is like needing a parachute. If they aren't there the first time, chances are you won't need them again.

I don't have an attitude problem, you have a perception problem.

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where in the hell is the ceiling?

My reality check bounced.

On the keyboard of life, always keep one finger on the escape key.

I don't suffer from stress. I am a carrier!!!

You are slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.

Everyone is someone else's weirdo.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Be careful...a pat on the back is only a few centimeters from a kick in the ass.

Don't be irreplaceable --- if you can't be replaced, you won't be promoted.

The more crap you put up with, the more crap you are going to get.

You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a clipboard.

So this isn't Home Sweet Home . . . Adjust!

Ring bell for maid service. If no answer, do it yourself!

I came, I saw, I decided to order take out.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

I'd love to live life in the fast lane, but I'm married to a speed bump.

Men have two emotions: hungry and horny. If you see him without a hard-on, make him a sandwich!

What should you give a man who has everything? A woman to show him how to work it!

How can you tell which bottle contains her PMS medicine? It's the one with bite marks on the cap!
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Nap time.

Morning Chip.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

8 Gran Habano 3 SLS Torpedo (6.1"x56)
         10/25.00
7 E.P. Carrillo Dark Rituals Toro (6.0"x52)
          5/25.00
 6 Padilla 1932 Robusto (5.0"x50)
         10/39.99
 5 CAO Extreme Toro (6.0"x52)
          5/21.50
 4 Diesel Unlimited d.6 (Gordo) (6.0"x60)
         10/24.50
 3 Cohiba Puro Dominicana
          5/29.99
 2 Liga Privada Papas Fritas
          8/35.00
 1 Cuenca y Blanco
          5/20.00
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

8 Gran Habano 3 SLS Torpedo (6.1"x56)
         10/25.00
7 E.P. Carrillo Dark Rituals Toro (6.0"x52)
          5/25.00
 6 Padilla 1932 Robusto (5.0"x50)
         10/39.99
 5 CAO Extreme Toro (6.0"x52)
          5/21.50
 4 Diesel Unlimited d.6 (Gordo) (6.0"x60)
         10/24.50
 3 Cohiba Puro Dominicana
          5/29.99
 2 Liga Privada Papas Fritas