Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/2/2014
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2014, 12:01:44 PM »

Well, time to mow the lawn.  Guess I'll smoke a seegar.
I'm doing the same,  fuck the lawn!
Don't hurt you back doing that
I had all intentions of doing yard work today.  Had a cup of coffee at 10 last night with a cigar.  Big mistake,  was up until 3:30 this morning.  Crying grandson woke me up at 7:00. Now I don't feel like doing anything.

I got the key to the shed.  Almost there.  Just a little while longer now.

« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2014, 12:02:16 PM »

Well, time to mow the lawn.  Guess I'll smoke a seegar.
I'm doing the same,  fuck the lawn!
Don't hurt you back doing that
I had all intentions of doing yard work today.  Had a cup of coffee at 10 last night with a cigar.  Big mistake,  was up until 3:30 this morning.  Crying grandson woke me up at 7:00. Now I don't feel like doing anything.
Sorry to hear that Fred but I was picturing you laying face-down outside actually trying to fuck the lawn
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/2/2014
« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2014, 12:04:56 PM »

5 Vegas Gold, 'nuff said.

Maybe with this new site everyone can stop swinging off CI's nuts.  And Cigar.com's.  And "the beard" and his dumb email deals.  CI fills a niche, but it's clearly the Walmart of the cigar world.  They've got the cheap shit, everyday stuff and the occasional deal on something nicer, but I've spent FAR more money over the years at Cigar Monster, Tampa Humidor, Atlantic, Holts, CigarsAtYourPrice.com, and various other retailers as sales pop up.

And have proper formatting for text.  And, once Tony gets to it, we'll have a forum proper for places to post stuff.  I don't think we need an off topic place--the daily thread would take care of that, but for specific cigar or beer reviews, herf meetup/picture threads, and such.

And best of all, it would stick around.  At least until the server crashes.  Wouldn't be wiped away with the daily reset button that CI has.

Oh, and we can cuss, too.

« Reply #123 on: June 02, 2014, 12:05:12 PM »

OK, fixed the return to topic thing.  Also changed it so most recent posts are listed first, so I can refresh it just like I've got it set on CI's banter.  Hate having to scroll all the way to the end to read each new post.  Most never end up being worth the effort.  No offense.
I have the same post count as JOE!!! Take that beyotch!

Well, hell.  We'll get the beer talk going soon enough. 9am on a Monday morning and I'm already thinking of doing some shopping.
I was having a VaS on the patio yesterday afternoon and couldn't decide what to smoke. I asked my wife to go into my humi and pick something, she came up with a Tat Black CG, said she liked the label

« Reply #124 on: June 02, 2014, 12:10:25 PM »

5 Vegas Gold, 'nuff said.

Maybe with this new site everyone can stop swinging off CI's nuts.  And Cigar.com's.  And "the beard" and his dumb email deals.  CI fills a niche, but it's clearly the Walmart of the cigar world.  They've got the cheap shit, everyday stuff and the occasional deal on something nicer, but I've spent FAR more money over the years at Cigar Monster, Tampa Humidor, Atlantic, Holts, CigarsAtYourPrice.com, and various other retailers as sales pop up.
-- All joking aside, we have the potential here to build something worthwhile.  The banter format is a good way to function - the conventional forum approach gets cumbersome and bloated. We only really needed a few more features than CI offered, and to get out from under the thumb of the arbitrary censor.  If Tony keeps it simple, the likelihood goes up that the major players here will stay involved.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #125 on: June 02, 2014, 12:12:29 PM »

OK, fixed the return to topic thing.  Also changed it so most recent posts are listed first, so I can refresh it just like I've got it set on CI's banter.  Hate having to scroll all the way to the end to read each new post.  Most never end up being worth the effort.  No offense.
I have the same post count as JOE!!! Take that beyotch!

Well, hell.  We'll get the beer talk going soon enough. 9am on a Monday morning and I'm already thinking of doing some shopping.
I was having a VaS on the patio yesterday afternoon and couldn't decide what to smoke. I asked my wife to go into my humi and pick something, she came up with a Tat Black CG, said she liked the label

Nice choice!  I had a Stone Collective Distortion IPA (9.3% ABV) bomber after a few whiskeys with dinner and fell asleep in my chair.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/2/2014
« Reply #126 on: June 02, 2014, 12:12:59 PM »

Grabbed a San Miguel torpedo from way back when they first showed up.  Now I'm really going to mow the lawn.

« Reply #127 on: June 02, 2014, 12:15:18 PM »

OK, fixed the return to topic thing.  Also changed it so most recent posts are listed first, so I can refresh it just like I've got it set on CI's banter.  Hate having to scroll all the way to the end to read each new post.  Most never end up being worth the effort.  No offense.
I have the same post count as JOE!!! Take that beyotch!

Well, hell.  We'll get the beer talk going soon enough. 9am on a Monday morning and I'm already thinking of doing some shopping.
I was having a VaS on the patio yesterday afternoon and couldn't decide what to smoke. I asked my wife to go into my humi and pick something, she came up with a Tat Black CG, said she liked the label

Nice choice!  I had a Stone Collective Distortion IPA (9.3% ABV) bomber after a few whiskeys with dinner and fell asleep in my chair.
I drove out to the shop that had the VaS only to find they are out, saw that Stone Collective there. I bought the VaS marked 11/13 from my local place. Had another Horny Goat Choc PB Porter also, slightly less bitter than the SBJ with all the flavor

« Reply #128 on: June 02, 2014, 12:16:41 PM »

OK, fixed the return to topic thing.  Also changed it so most recent posts are listed first, so I can refresh it just like I've got it set on CI's banter.  Hate having to scroll all the way to the end to read each new post.  Most never end up being worth the effort.  No offense.
I have the same post count as JOE!!! Take that beyotch!

Well, hell.  We'll get the beer talk going soon enough. 9am on a Monday morning and I'm already thinking of doing some shopping.
I was having a VaS on the patio yesterday afternoon and couldn't decide what to smoke. I asked my wife to go into my humi and pick something, she came up with a Tat Black CG, said she liked the label

Nice choice!  I had a Stone Collective Distortion IPA (9.3% ABV) bomber after a few whiskeys with dinner and fell asleep in my chair.
Take the beer talk to a sub-forum. Sheesh.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #129 on: June 02, 2014, 12:17:45 PM »

[...]

The Stone was interesting... with elderberry and coriander.  Not sure I could taste either of them in the beer but my wife said she could definitely smell the coriander.  She pulled some out from her spice drawer... still couldn't find it in the beer myself.  Tasted good which is all that matters.  Favorite beer of the weekend was Alpine Nelson.

« Reply #130 on: June 02, 2014, 12:18:27 PM »

OK, fixed the return to topic thing.  Also changed it so most recent posts are listed first, so I can refresh it just like I've got it set on CI's banter.  Hate having to scroll all the way to the end to read each new post.  Most never end up being worth the effort.  No offense.
I have the same post count as JOE!!! Take that beyotch!

Well, hell.  We'll get the beer talk going soon enough. 9am on a Monday morning and I'm already thinking of doing some shopping.
I was having a VaS on the patio yesterday afternoon and couldn't decide what to smoke. I asked my wife to go into my humi and pick something, she came up with a Tat Black CG, said she liked the label

Nice choice!  I had a Stone Collective Distortion IPA (9.3% ABV) bomber after a few whiskeys with dinner and fell asleep in my chair.
Take the beer talk to a sub-forum. Sheesh.
The CI banter is floundering
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/2/2014
« Reply #131 on: June 02, 2014, 12:21:00 PM »

So here's the dark corner of the interwebs ya'll are hiding.

« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2014, 12:22:22 PM »

So here's the dark corner of the interwebs ya'll are hiding.
-- Oh, damn.  Steve found us.  I mean, Hi Steve!

« Reply #133 on: June 02, 2014, 12:23:34 PM »

[...]

I think CI will be more relieved than anything. They don't have to monitor us at all, and they don't have to listen to us bitch (not b!tch) about the deals all the time.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/2/2014
« Reply #134 on: June 02, 2014, 12:23:52 PM »

So where's Tony anyway? Where's the complaint department? NO FUCKING PAGE NAVIGATION ARROWS!?! WTF!