CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: 9/22/2016  (Read 20448 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 9/22/2016
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2016, 07:28:00 AM »

Charlotte Riots Report:   one rioter shot dead in the head by another rioter, One rioter shot in the ass by cops with a rubber bullet which was too damn funny and tear gas galore.

National guard moved in and slowed things down.

Uptown Charlotte (been there and a very nice area) looks like a war zone this morning with many businesses closed and workers staying home.
Funny thing is the Austin Cops have shot two dead this month and hardly a word about it.  Where are our riots so I can stay at home?
You want something done, you gotta start it yourself. But stop by and check out the coffee rack, first.
Plan to go check the coffee rack as soon as daylight hits.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2016, 07:29:41 AM »

Charlotte Riots Report:   one rioter shot dead in the head by another rioter, One rioter shot in the ass by cops with a rubber bullet which was too damn funny and tear gas galore.

Uptown Charlotte (been there and a very nice area) looks like a war zone this morning with many businesses closed and workers staying home.
Funny thing is the Austin Cops have shot two dead this month and hardly a word about it.  Where are our riots so I can stay at home?
You want something done, you gotta start it yourself. But stop by and check out the coffee rack, first.
Plan to go check the coffee rack as soon as daylight hits.
Riot Update:

Last night the Charlotte Police Chief (seems to be a pretty good guy) said the one shot in the head was dead but this morning the Charlotte PIO says he was "only" critically injured.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2016, 07:30:57 AM »

This is the kind of chit that goes on when the Nazi's take over your city:

http://kxan.com/2016/09/21/bus-hauling-police-around-austin-seeking-distracted-drivers/

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2016, 07:32:32 AM »

I think it's in the hoodlum rioter  peaceful protester bylaws....protests must last for a minimum of 2 1/2 days, at least one major store must be looted, one major fictitious alternate reality story be developed.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2016, 07:32:58 AM »

There were actually several very nice offers on the Jam yesterday and they were even further enhanced by the extra 20% off!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2016, 07:34:18 AM »

I think it's in the hoodlum rioter  peaceful protester bylaws....protests must last for a minimum of 2 1/2 days, at least one major store must be looted, one major fictitious alternate reality story be developed.
They looted the NASCAR Hall of Fame Store, a CVS and at least one other store.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2016, 07:34:37 AM »

http://kxan.com/2016/09/21/bus-hauling-police-around-austin-seeking-distracted-drivers/
So much easier policing those that just pay the fine and move on.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2016, 07:35:15 AM »

A WalMart I believe.

Threebean

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2016, 07:36:13 AM »

Morning Dean, Golf, Bean, Fish and Travellin Dave.  Looks like we got a Big crowd gathering early for some rioting this morning!!!!
I'm waiting for them to bust up the 7-11.  Free taquitos all around!

Threebean

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2016, 07:39:48 AM »

Indeed, don't leave us hanging again, you have responsibilities here, buster.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2016, 07:40:26 AM »

So much easier policing those that just pay the fine and move on.
The fine is $500 + court costs so many do not just pay-the-fine and move on.  Conviction rate is very low.

One little quirk that gets them is the officer who signs the ticket must also have observed an illegal activity prior to stopping the car so a cop on a bus radioing to a cop on a motorcycle will not hold water if they go to court.  Also, going to court will tie up at least two cops for a good while along with their in-car computer so most are quietly settled with the prosecutors office at a significant cut rate.

Threebean

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2016, 07:43:42 AM »

This is one crack down I can support.  Douchebags on their phones while behind the wheel are a menace. 

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2016, 07:44:39 AM »

A WalMart I believe.
WalMart was on the first night but they did loot a Flemings Steak Restaurant and broke windows in the Omni and Ritz Carlton Hotels.  Uptown is a very high-tone area with a lot of nice restaurants and bars. Yuppieville!  Sad reminder for me,  Warden and I lived in SC then and were celebrating our anniversary in Uptown Charlotte the night my father died.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2016, 07:45:41 AM »

This is one crack down I can support.  Douchebags on their phones while behind the wheel are a menace.
Cops on a city bus coordinating motorcycles chasing people down on I-35 is a very dangerous menace too.

And that law has not reduced distracted driving one tiny bit either.  Fuk'n Lakeway has the same law and has not done doodly crap their either other than generate revenue for the Kangaroo Court.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2016, 07:49:51 AM »

Painting work was slow going yesterday, not so sure they will finish today as planned but hope they do so we can have our house back!

Doing a really nice job though.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15