CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: 7/22/2015  (Read 30146 times)

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 7/22/2015
« Reply #270 on: July 22, 2015, 07:31:05 PM »

I see CB has 65k worth of posts on Joe's Daily..  That's allot of posting...!  Congrat's man..
The original postwhore.  Evening BD.
Brother Reed is the original postwhore before he went and took up permalurkin.
That's JR right...?
Jr in Lakehills, John Reed hisself.  Afternoon BD.
Are you staying out of trouble CB....?  Are is that possible...?
For the most part.  Warden hasn't given me the stinkeye for a week.  Been too hot for even that.
That's strange, my wife has been acting pretty nice too.  Rubbing my neck, and wearing cute pj's during the day. She's on vacation next week, so I guess she's trying to smooth things over so we don't fight all during her vacation.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #271 on: July 22, 2015, 07:37:48 PM »

Did anyone notice that Tesla Motors now has a new speed setting for their Model S called, "Ludicrous Speed."  0-60 in 2.8 sec.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #272 on: July 22, 2015, 07:54:35 PM »

It's time for a Bare Knuckle and some Fighting Cock Whiskey.  Lurk Mode: On

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #273 on: July 22, 2015, 07:58:36 PM »

Did anyone notice that Tesla Motors now has a new speed setting for their Model S called, "Ludicrous Speed."  0-60 in 2.8 sec.
How ludicrous - the speed that is.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #274 on: July 22, 2015, 08:09:23 PM »

Rather quick, new $250,000 610 hp Lamborghini is not that fast 0-60 3.1 seconds for it.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #275 on: July 22, 2015, 08:14:18 PM »

Rather quick, new $250,000 610 hp Lamborghini is not that fast 0-60 3.1 seconds for it.
And it's electrickle!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #276 on: July 22, 2015, 09:54:13 PM »

And it's electrickle!
Electric cars always have more potential torque than internal combustion engines - by a long shot. The challenge is building a strong enough architecture to transfer that torque to the wheels, and getting the wheels to stick to the ground. Tesla has done well at both. I have a friend who has a Tesla. Most powerful car I've ever ridden in, and I've ridden in some very powerful cars.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #277 on: July 22, 2015, 10:30:01 PM »

And it's electrickle!
Electric cars always have more potential torque than internal combustion engines - by a long shot. The challenge is building a strong enough architecture to transfer that torque to the wheels, and getting the wheels to stick to the ground. Tesla has done well at both. I have a friend who has a Tesla. Most powerful car I've ever ridden in, and I've ridden in some very powerful cars.
I was watching youtube Telsa vs Hellcat, and the Hellcat lost due to not being able to get traction.

Threebean

« Reply #278 on: July 22, 2015, 10:38:44 PM »

And it's electrickle!
Tesla is a kick-ass car, electric or otherwise.  As for electrics, hopefully other mfg's will follow suit and not put out anymore pussymobiles like the Leaf.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #279 on: July 22, 2015, 10:59:32 PM »

And it's electrickle!
Tesla is a kick-ass car, electric or otherwise.  As for electrics, hopefully other mfg's will follow suit and not put out anymore pussymobiles like the Leaf.
+1. I love internal combustion, but I'm no bigot. Torque is torque, and speed is speed, and good engineering is good engineering. Bring it.

Threebean

« Reply #280 on: July 22, 2015, 11:36:30 PM »

And it's electrickle!
+1. I love internal combustion, but I'm no bigot. Torque is torque, and speed is speed, and good engineering is good engineering. Bring it.
All that needs to happen is solve the battery issues.  Got to be something on the horizon.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]