CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on August 10, 2022, 12:09:10 AM

Title: 8/10/2022
Post by: CigarBanter on August 10, 2022, 12:09:10 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 05:30:51 AM
Morning, all. Happy ApparentlyNewPayDayWednesday.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 05:31:23 AM
Joe:

Man O' War Puro Authentico Corona - 10/39.99
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 05:32:14 AM
Sis:

Door #1 - Ave Maria Holy Grail (Salomon) - 10/44.99

Door #2 - Rocky Patel Broadleaf Toro - 10/39.99

Door #3 - Diesel Uncut d.CT Robusto - 10/29.99
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 05:59:06 AM
#Heardle #167

🟩

https://spotify.com/heardle
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 06:02:28 AM
Wordle 417 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 06:28:44 AM
Now it looks like my Quickdraws will be arriving today.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 06:43:39 AM
Morning, all. Happy ApparentlyNewPayDayWednesday.
That's not a bad change.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 06:47:46 AM
Now it looks like my Quickdraws will be arriving today.
When I looked yesterday it appeared the tracking stopped after the UPS-USPS handover. So I'll just patiently wait.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 07:11:03 AM
Now it looks like my Quickdraws will be arriving today.
When I looked yesterday it appeared the tracking stopped after the UPS-USPS handover. So I'll just patiently wait.
Mine did a lot of traveling yesterday and got to the post office this morning.

Morning, Tony.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 07:11:38 AM
Morning, all. Happy ApparentlyNewPayDayWednesday.
That's not a bad change.
I'm definitely not complaining. Confused as to why they're suddenly showing up early, but I'll take it.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 07:32:47 AM
Happy day of humping, Dave.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 07:41:29 AM
Happy day of humping, Dave.
Hope springs eternal. ;)
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 07:52:03 AM
#Heardle #167

🟩

https://spotify.com/heardle
#Heardle #167

🟩

Easy one today.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 07:53:32 AM
The last two days I played Filmle with no clues in hopes of seeing something happen but nada.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 07:56:19 AM
The last two days I played Filmle with no clues in hopes of seeing something happen but nada.
Yeah, thinking that one must be dead.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 07:56:42 AM
#Heardle #167

🟩

https://spotify.com/heardle
#Heardle #167

🟩

Easy one today.
Indeed, nice to have a ringer now and then.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 07:58:56 AM
Wordle 417 4/6*

🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
This could have gone very wrong...

Wordle 417 5/6

⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 08:00:57 AM
I started the last post in Tapatalk and then finished it on the browser. Not sure it was worth all the effort.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 08:10:54 AM
I started the last post in Tapatalk and then finished it on the browser. Not sure it was worth all the effort.
It sure does look prettier though.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 08:22:20 AM
I started the last post in Tapatalk and then finished it on the browser. Not sure it was worth all the effort.
It sure does look prettier though.
My thought exactly, that's why I posted mine through the browser today. Lol
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 08:22:49 AM
Wordle 417 4/6*

🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
This could have gone very wrong...

Wordle 417 5/6

⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Definitely had a lot of potential options today if you got the bulk of the word.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 08:23:34 AM
I started the last post in Tapatalk and then finished it on the browser. Not sure it was worth all the effort.
It sure does look prettier though.
My thought exactly, that's why I posted mine through the browser today. Lol
Though, oddly enough, my part of your quoted post goes back to looking all wonky. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 08:52:14 AM
I started the last post in Tapatalk and then finished it on the browser. Not sure it was worth all the effort.
It sure does look prettier though.
My thought exactly, that's why I posted mine through the browser today. Lol
I hadn't noticed because I screwed you up when I quoted you using Tapatalk. Your original post looks great!
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 08:55:53 AM
I started the last post in Tapatalk and then finished it on the browser. Not sure it was worth all the effort.
It sure does look prettier though.
My thought exactly, that's why I posted mine through the browser today. Lol
Though, oddly enough, my part of your quoted post goes back to looking all wonky. Sheesh.
We'll try this again tomorrow.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 09:01:23 AM
I started the last post in Tapatalk and then finished it on the browser. Not sure it was worth all the effort.
It sure does look prettier though.
My thought exactly, that's why I posted mine through the browser today. Lol
Though, oddly enough, my part of your quoted post goes back to looking all wonky. Sheesh.
We'll try this again tomorrow.
In the grand scheme, it means less than nothing, I just find it odd that it somehow gets screwed up via the app.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 09:22:11 AM
I started the last post in Tapatalk and then finished it on the browser. Not sure it was worth all the effort.
It sure does look prettier though.
My thought exactly, that's why I posted mine through the browser today. Lol
Though, oddly enough, my part of your quoted post goes back to looking all wonky. Sheesh.
We'll try this again tomorrow.
In the grand scheme, it means less than nothing, I just find it odd that it somehow gets screwed up via the app.
Of course it means nothing but what else are we going to post about in lieu of cigar deals? Hopefully there will be a good birthday list today.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 09:23:10 AM
Did you see that I wound up going with the chicken tacos last night? They were awesome.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 09:23:42 AM
I'd like to stretch this to Page 3 before ClemsonDave arrives.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 09:24:30 AM
I may have some updated construction photos. Let me see what I can do...
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 09:28:32 AM
I may have some updated construction photos. Let me see what I can do...
Transition...
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220810/b26acd39f454301924cd51ef053d6b4a.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220810/57bbd74660d2a899011b0cd7f043594e.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220810/69a7e4fd04a995e98b3840f5434b4e65.jpg)
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 09:29:19 AM
Now it looks like my Quickdraws will be arriving today.
TWSS?
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 09:31:36 AM
Now it looks like my Quickdraws will be arriving today.
TWSS?
No such luck. Good morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 09:31:49 AM
I'd like to stretch this to Page 3 before ClemsonDave arrives.
And a fine achievement indeed.  I thought there was a Jam or something.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 09:32:18 AM
Now it looks like my Quickdraws will be arriving today.
TWSS?
No such luck. Good morning, Dave.
Not even with offers of a blimp?
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 09:35:27 AM
#Heardle #167

🟩

https://spotify.com/heardle
Oops, it took two.  Right band, wrong song.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 09:39:51 AM
Wordle 417 4/6*

🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
This could have gone very wrong...

Wordle 417 5/6

⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Three for me.

Wordle 417 3/6

⬛🟨⬛⬛🟨
🟩⬛🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 09:41:50 AM
I may have some updated construction photos. Let me see what I can do...
Transition...
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220810/b26acd39f454301924cd51ef053d6b4a.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220810/57bbd74660d2a899011b0cd7f043594e.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220810/69a7e4fd04a995e98b3840f5434b4e65.jpg)
Progress!  Will be new electric runs of course, will there be some new plumbing as well?
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 09:43:04 AM
Did you see that I wound up going with the chicken tacos last night? They were awesome.
I did see that, they sounded good. In fact, I told the kids next time we do tacos, we'd be trying the shredded chicken.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 09:43:07 AM
So you guys got us to page 3.  Guess I have to carry to page four for Raz to make an appearance.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 09:44:04 AM
I may have some updated construction photos. Let me see what I can do...
Transition...
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220810/b26acd39f454301924cd51ef053d6b4a.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220810/57bbd74660d2a899011b0cd7f043594e.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220810/69a7e4fd04a995e98b3840f5434b4e65.jpg)
Looks great so far. Really gives a lot more room to have that corner open.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 09:44:43 AM
I may have some updated construction photos. Let me see what I can do...
Transition...
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220810/b26acd39f454301924cd51ef053d6b4a.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220810/57bbd74660d2a899011b0cd7f043594e.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220810/69a7e4fd04a995e98b3840f5434b4e65.jpg)
Progress!  Will be new electric runs of course, will there be some new plumbing as well?
Yep and Yep. These are last week's photos. I should have taken more after the electrician was here yesterday. Plumber is a friend of mine and happens to be in SC on vacation. He will be back on Friday.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 09:44:47 AM
Speaking of transitions, new kitchen floor install will start tomorrow. Hopefully only takes tomorrow, but they said it might take 2 days, depending on how hard the ceramic tile is to get up.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 09:45:26 AM
This looks like an interesting expedition.

https://halfwheel.com/craft-2022/412871/
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 09:46:49 AM
Speaking of transitions, new kitchen floor install will start tomorrow. Hopefully only takes tomorrow, but they said it might take 2 days, depending on how hard the ceramic tile is to get up.
Dry ice!
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 09:49:41 AM
Previous iterations fo the Bishops Blend have been tasty.

https://halfwheel.com/black-label-bishops-blend-returns-next-week/412849/
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 09:50:14 AM
I may have some updated construction photos. Let me see what I can do...
Transition...
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220810/b26acd39f454301924cd51ef053d6b4a.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220810/57bbd74660d2a899011b0cd7f043594e.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220810/69a7e4fd04a995e98b3840f5434b4e65.jpg)
Progress!  Will be new electric runs of course, will there be some new plumbing as well?
Yep and Yep. These are last week's photos. I should have taken more after the electrician was here yesterday. Plumber is a friend of mine and happens to be in SC on vacation. He will be back on Friday.
Kiawah Island. to be exact.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 09:54:08 AM
Today is Wednesday, Aug. 10, the 222nd day of 2022.
There are 143 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Aug. 10, 1945, a day after the atomic bombing of Nagasaki, Imperial Japan conveyed its willingness to surrender provided the status of Emperor Hirohito remained unchanged. (The Allies responded the next day, saying they would determine the Emperor’s future status.)

On this date:

In 1792, during the French Revolution, mobs in Paris attacked the Tuileries (TWEE’-luh-reez) Palace, where King Louis XVI resided. (The king was later arrested, put on trial for treason, and executed.)

In 1821, Missouri became the 24th state.

In 1885, Leo Daft opened America’s first commercially operated electric streetcar, in Baltimore.

In 1944, during World War II, American forces overcame remaining Japanese resistance on Guam.

In 1962, Marvel Comics superhero Spider-Man made his debut in issue 15 of “Amazing Fantasy” (cover price: 12 cents).

In 1969, Leno and Rosemary LaBianca were murdered in their Los Angeles home by members of Charles Manson’s cult, one day after actor Sharon Tate and four other people were slain.

In 1977, postal employee David Berkowitz was arrested in Yonkers, New York, accused of being “Son of Sam,” the gunman who killed six people and wounded seven others in the New York City area. (Berkowitz is serving six consecutive 25-years-to-life sentences.)

In 1988, President Ronald Reagan signed a measure providing $20,000 payments to still-living Japanese-Americans who were interned by their government during World War II.

In 1993, Ruth Bader Ginsburg was sworn in as the second female justice on the U.S. Supreme Court.

In 1995, Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols were charged with 11 counts in the Oklahoma City bombing (McVeigh was convicted of murder and executed; Nichols was convicted of conspiracy and involuntary manslaughter and sentenced to life in prison).

In 2006, British authorities announced they had thwarted a terrorist plot to simultaneously blow up 10 aircraft heading to the U.S. using explosives smuggled in hand luggage.

In 2019, Jeffrey Epstein, accused of orchestrating a sex-trafficking ring and sexually abusing dozens of underage girls, was found unresponsive in his cell at a New York City jail; he was later pronounced dead at a hospital. (The city’s medical examiner ruled the death a suicide by hanging.)
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 09:55:05 AM
Ten years ago: A man in an Afghan army uniform shot and killed three American service members in southern Afghanistan; the Taliban claimed the shooter joined the insurgency after the attack. At the London Olympics, the United States won the women’s 4x100-meter track relay in a world-record time of 40.82 seconds to give the Americans their first victory in the event since 1996.

Five years ago: President Donald Trump, continuing his criticism of Senate GOP leader Mitch McConnell following the failed effort to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, suggested that McConnell might have to rethink his future as majority leader unless he could deliver on Trump’s legislative priorities on health care, taxes and infrastructure. North Korea’s military described as a “load of nonsense” Trump’s warning that the North would face “fire and fury” if it threatened the United States.

One year ago: New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced his resignation over a barrage of sexual harassment allegations; he denied intentionally mistreating women and said the push for his ouster was politically motivated. (Cuomo would be succeeded by Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul, who became the state’s first female governor.) The Senate approved a $1 trillion bipartisan infrastructure plan, as a rare coalition of Democrats and Republicans came together to overcome skeptics and deliver a cornerstone of President Joe Biden’s agenda. Vote-counting machine maker Dominion Voting Systems filed defamation lawsuits against right-wing broadcasters and a prominent Donald Trump ally over their baseless claims that the 2020 election was marred by fraud. Soccer star Lionel Messi signed his eagerly anticipated Paris Saint-Germain contract to complete the move that confirmed the end of a career-long association with Barcelona.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 09:59:24 AM
This looks like an interesting expedition.

https://halfwheel.com/craft-2022/412871/
Talk about limited editions!
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 10:00:02 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Actor James Reynolds is 76.
Rock singer-musician Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull) is 75.
Country musician Gene Johnson (Diamond Rio) is 73.
Singer Patti Austin is 72.
Actor Daniel Hugh Kelly is 70.
Folk singer-songwriter Sam Baker is 68.
Actor Rosanna Arquette is 63.
Actor Antonio Banderas is 62.
Rock musician Jon Farriss (INXS) is 61.
Singer Julia Fordham is 60.
Journalist-blogger Andrew Sullivan is 59.
Actor Chris Caldovino is 59.
Singer Neneh Cherry is 58.
Singer Aaron Hall is 58.
Former boxer Riddick Bowe is 55.
Actor Sean Blakemore is 55.
R&B singer Lorraine Pearson (Five Star) is 55.
Singer-producer Michael Bivins is 54.
Actor-writer Justin Theroux is 51.
Actor Angie Harmon is 50.
Country singer Jennifer Hanson is 49.
Actor-turned-lawyer Craig Kirkwood is 48.
Actor JoAnna Garcia Swisher is 43.
Singer Cary Ann Hearst (Shovels & Rope) is 43.
Actor Aaron Staton is 42.
Actor Ryan Eggold is 38.
Actor Charley Koontz is 35.
Actor Lucas Till is 32.
Reality TV star Kylie Jenner is 25.
Actor Jeremy Maguire is 11.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 10:00:27 AM
Today's Over/Under is 5
Raz Over/Under is 7
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 10:02:21 AM
Today's Over/Under is 5
Raz Over/Under is 7
Continuing my streak of underperforming, only 3 today.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 10:06:06 AM
Some help for today.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=rosanna+toto&view=detail&mid=96BB5058934FDC79774096BB5058934FDC797740&FORM=VIRE0&ru=%2fsearch%3fq%3drosanna%2btoto%26cvid%3d71067a0b9c184b378570757e5ca83e67%26aqs%3dedge.3.69i57j46j0l7.5342j0j4%26FORM%3dANAB01%26PC%3dDCTS
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 10:07:05 AM
Today's Over/Under is 5
Raz Over/Under is 7
Continuing my streak of underperforming, only 3 today.
fTWSS!
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 10:17:22 AM
For Rick...you were looking for 601 Black Label?
Atlantic has them, and currently 15% off on boxes.

https://atlanticcigar.com/601-black-label-toro-2021/
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 11:11:58 AM
Just got pulled over for speeding for the very first time in 33 years. I was let off with a warning. I'd say I'm having a good hump day.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 11:15:59 AM
[...]

Seven!
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 11:20:02 AM
Just got pulled over for speeding for the very first time in 33 years. I was let off with a warning. I'd say I'm having a good hump day.
Phew! Better stay home now, you've used up all your good luck for the day.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 11:22:28 AM
Just got pulled over for speeding for the very first time in 33 years. I was let off with a warning. I'd say I'm having a good hump day.
Phew! Better stay home now, you've used up all your good luck for the day.
I also hit for $2 on last night's Mega Millions. Today could be the day I land a new job!
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 11:26:38 AM
[...]

So you and Dave average out perfectly.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 11:27:19 AM
Just got pulled over for speeding for the very first time in 33 years. I was let off with a warning. I'd say I'm having a good hump day.
Showing a little cleavage or leg??
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 11:34:57 AM
Just got pulled over for speeding for the very first time in 33 years. I was let off with a warning. I'd say I'm having a good hump day.
Phew! Better stay home now, you've used up all your good luck for the day.
I also hit for $2 on last night's Mega Millions. Today could be the day I land a new job!
That seals it, dead man walking.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 11:35:15 AM
Just got pulled over for speeding for the very first time in 33 years. I was let off with a warning. I'd say I'm having a good hump day.
Showing a little cleavage or leg??
Yep.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: razgueado on August 10, 2022, 11:41:20 AM
Ahoy, buckos.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: razgueado on August 10, 2022, 11:41:37 AM
Wordle 417 4/6

🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: razgueado on August 10, 2022, 11:48:49 AM
Today's Over/Under is 5
Raz Over/Under is 7
Seven is correct.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 11:55:26 AM
Ahoy, buckos.
Morning, Page5Commander.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: razgueado on August 10, 2022, 12:13:21 PM
Ahoy, buckos.
Morning, Page5Commander.
Sleeping in this morning. Riding out a thunderstorm, of all things.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 12:29:34 PM
Ahoy, buckos.
Good day, Bret.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: razgueado on August 10, 2022, 12:31:23 PM
Ahoy, buckos.
Good day, Bret.
And to you, T. And the Two Daves.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 01:06:44 PM
Quickdraws have arrived and have been put to bed in the smaller wineador.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 01:15:19 PM
I'm currently at the doctor's for a follow up. My blood pressure was 130 over 80. I've only ever tested normal. This getting old thing SUCKS.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 01:21:11 PM
LTG
To answer your McAlisters tea question from a couple weeks ago, they serve Orange Pekoe Black.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 01:22:16 PM
Ahoy, buckos.
Morning, Page5Commander.
Sleeping in this morning. Riding out a thunderstorm, of all things.
Hope you had help from your first mate.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 01:23:14 PM
I'm currently at the doctor's for a follow up. My blood pressure was 130 over 80. I've only ever tested normal. This getting old thing SUCKS.
No shit.  It doesn't get any better either.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 01:24:40 PM
LTG
To answer your McAlisters tea question from a couple weeks ago, they serve Orange Pekoe Black.
So is it just a plain black tea then? Orange pekoe is a grading system for the leaves used.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 01:26:20 PM
I'm currently at the doctor's for a follow up. My blood pressure was 130 over 80. I've only ever tested normal. This getting old thing SUCKS.
When you factor in the home reno and job search, I'd say you're doing pretty good.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 01:26:35 PM
I'm currently at the doctor's for a follow up. My blood pressure was 130 over 80. I've only ever tested normal. This getting old thing SUCKS.
When you factor in the home reno and job search, I'd say you're doing pretty good.
Then again, I'm not a medical doctor. Lol
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 01:45:52 PM
LTG
To answer your McAlisters tea question from a couple weeks ago, they serve Orange Pekoe Black.
So is it just a plain black tea then? Orange pekoe is a grading system for the leaves used.
Pretty sure Orange Pekoe is what Lipton is.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 01:47:34 PM
I'm currently at the doctor's for a follow up. My blood pressure was 130 over 80. I've only ever tested normal. This getting old thing SUCKS.
When you factor in the home reno and job search, I'd say you're doing pretty good.
Then again, I'm not a medical doctor. Lol
We're waiting for the results but the doctor is more concerned about my cholesterol. She says as long as the bottom number doesn't go over 80, we're good.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 02:12:25 PM
LTG
To answer your McAlisters tea question from a couple weeks ago, they serve Orange Pekoe Black.
So is it just a plain black tea then? Orange pekoe is a grading system for the leaves used.
Pretty sure Orange Pekoe is what Lipton is.
A quick internet search tells me you're probably right.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 02:45:00 PM
LTG
To answer your McAlisters tea question from a couple weeks ago, they serve Orange Pekoe Black.
So is it just a plain black tea then? Orange pekoe is a grading system for the leaves used.
OK,just plain black tea.  Sounded much better before.   :-\
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 02:50:04 PM
They supersized the scoreboard for this year.  Supposed to be done in time for the first home game.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 02:50:18 PM
LTG
To answer your McAlisters tea question from a couple weeks ago, they serve Orange Pekoe Black.
So is it just a plain black tea then? Orange pekoe is a grading system for the leaves used.
OK,just plain black tea.  Sounded much better before.   :-\
Definitely sounded fancier. :D
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 02:55:48 PM
They supersized the scoreboard for this year.  Supposed to be done in time for the first home game.
57' x 126'   :o
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 03:07:12 PM
Dickman cut made an away we go.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 04:06:13 PM
Dickman cut made an away we go.
Feeling the love.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 05:42:17 PM
They supersized the scoreboard for this year.  Supposed to be done in time for the first home game.
57' x 126'   :o
That's nuts. But as the alums eyes get older it won't be a bad thing.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 07:15:21 PM
They supersized the scoreboard for this year.  Supposed to be done in time for the first home game.
57' x 126'   :o
That's nuts. But as the alums eyes get older it won't be a bad thing.
The only thing they care about the alums seeing is their checkbooks.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 10, 2022, 07:40:33 PM
They supersized the scoreboard for this year.  Supposed to be done in time for the first home game.
57' x 126'   :o
That's nuts. But as the alums eyes get older it won't be a bad thing.
The only thing they care about the alums seeing is their checkbooks.
Same as any other school.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 08:53:05 PM
Over the hump.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 09:15:54 PM
Copying off of Dave...

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220811/3818823e58e3bcaa0595c9a787cc9833.jpg)
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 10:19:50 PM
Got some seasoned Las Calaveras to clear out.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Oyam18 on August 10, 2022, 10:30:58 PM
Copying off of Dave...

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220811/3818823e58e3bcaa0595c9a787cc9833.jpg)
I have not been disappointed with the 300 hands line.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 10, 2022, 10:34:38 PM
Copying off of Dave...

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220811/3818823e58e3bcaa0595c9a787cc9833.jpg)
I have not been disappointed with the 300 hands line.
So far, I agree.
Title: Re: 8/10/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 10, 2022, 10:48:59 PM
They supersized the scoreboard for this year.  Supposed to be done in time for the first home game.
57' x 126'   :o
That's nuts. But as the alums eyes get older it won't be a bad thing.
The only thing they care about the alums seeing is their checkbooks.
Sports has a separate fundraising group from the alumni organization.