CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: 11/18/2020  (Read 3617 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 11/18/2020
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2020, 10:33:19 AM »

Today is Wednesday, Nov. 18, the 323rd day of 2020.
In 1928, Walt Disney’s first sound-synchronized animated cartoon, “Steamboat Willie” starring Mickey Mouse, premiered in New York.
I still have my pin from when we were there 2 years ago on his 90th birthday. Seems like nearly a lifetime ago.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2020, 10:35:45 AM »

Deans Birthday girl of the day, Linda Evans!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2020, 10:37:16 AM »

In 1928, Walt Disney’s first sound-synchronized animated cartoon, “Steamboat Willie” starring Mickey Mouse, premiered in New York.
I still have my pin from when we were there 2 years ago on his 90th birthday. Seems like nearly a lifetime ago.
Planning on heading back to WDWs 60th next October.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2020, 10:38:20 AM »

Some of you guys that work from home are very fortunate. Cuomo is going to come down with the hammer today on NY.  Many people will be out of work again. The data is just not there to constitute what is a "super spreader". Luckily I'm considered essential.
Since when do we need data or evidence?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2020, 10:46:42 AM »

Quick survey.  Which do you choose, a steak or this:
https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/inno/stories/profiles/2020/11/17/animal-free-meat-startup.html
Personally, I'd rather a hunk of meat but I'm not opposed to having options. Truth be told, haven't tried any of the plant based "meats" yet and the frankenstein shit scares me a bit.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2020, 10:53:31 AM »

Today's offer from SBC:

24HR Special!
Starting now until tomorrow at midnight enjoy one special on three categories.

Hiram & Solomon
Lost & Found
Room 101

CODE: LHR = 17% off plus 5% reward points on categories above

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2020, 10:55:37 AM »

https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/inno/stories/profiles/2020/11/17/animal-free-meat-startup.html
Personally, I'd rather a hunk of meat but I'm not opposed to having options. Truth be told, haven't tried any of the plant based "meats" yet and the frankenstein shit scares me a bit.
I've tried the burger Cheesecake Factory sells. Not sure which brand it is, but I was surprised at how closely it resembled meat.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2020, 10:56:20 AM »

Planning on heading back to WDWs 60th next October.
Taking the grandkids with you?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2020, 11:00:18 AM »

Morning Mr. Mayor, Rick, Oy, Dave, Fishy and Mr. Bean.
Good morning, ClemsonDave.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2020, 11:05:19 AM »

I've tried the burger Cheesecake Factory sells. Not sure which brand it is, but I was surprised at how closely it resembled meat.
Didn't realize Cheesecake Factory had an offering. The funny thing about those plant based substitutes is that they're supposed to be less healthy for you than what they're imitating.

Threebean

« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2020, 11:08:00 AM »

Didn't realize Cheesecake Factory had an offering. The funny thing about those plant based substitutes is that they're supposed to be less healthy for you than what they're imitating.
I tried a faux meat burger a few weeks back at a place which has a very good real burger.  The adjective which comes to mind...interesting.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2020, 11:10:54 AM »

I tried a faux meat burger a few weeks back at a place which has a very good real burger.  The adjective which comes to mind...interesting.
Interesting is much better than terrible.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2020, 11:16:59 AM »

I don't think health is supposed to be a selling point, it's sustainability.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2020, 11:44:36 AM »

Processed food is no good for us. Although it may taste good those additives don't do the body any good.

sfish

« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2020, 11:44:54 AM »

Some of you guys that work from home are very fortunate. Cuomo is going to come down with the hammer today on NY.  Many people will be out of work again. The data is just not there to constitute what is a "super spreader". Luckily I'm considered essential.
Same here Rick, essential. I worked the entire time and I'm very concerned for this country's future. We were not built on unemployment and working from home, as much as many people have become comfortable with both. We need to get back to work, be careful and get through this. There's a 99.5% mortality rate and we're making like it's the zombie apocalypse. Our country will have a really long time to recover from this as we pay people to not work
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7