CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: 6/21/2014  (Read 51845 times)

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/21/2014
« Reply #135 on: June 21, 2014, 12:09:47 PM »

Afternoon, men.  Working on beer #3, an "IPA."  I screwed up when brewing so it isn't pale at all, just a ridiculously heavily hopped brown ale.  Good, though.
Home made beer...?

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
« Reply #136 on: June 21, 2014, 12:10:20 PM »

Afternoon, men.  Working on beer #3, an "IPA."  I screwed up when brewing so it isn't pale at all, just a ridiculously heavily hopped brown ale.  Good, though.
Home made beer...?

Indeed.  I've been brewing for ~10 years or so now. 

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #137 on: June 21, 2014, 12:20:26 PM »

Home made beer...?

Years ago I got a Mr. Beer for Christmas.  I made a couple of batches of beer, and it turned out pretty good.  I think I still have some of the cans of the hopped malt extract but I'm sure it's expired.  I've thought about using it, but I'm not sure what to expect since the malt extract is expired...?

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #138 on: June 21, 2014, 12:25:19 PM »

Home made beer...?

Years ago I got a Mr. Beer for Christmas.  I made a couple of batches of beer, and it turned out pretty good.  I think I still have some of the cans of the hopped malt extract but I'm sure it's expired.  I've thought about using it, but I'm not sure what to expect since the malt extract is expired...?

It depends on how expired.  If it is is bulging/leaking/shows any signs of being infected, toss it.  Not worth it.  If it is a "little" expired, all that happens is that the hop flavoring/aroma will be less strong and the malt color might be darker.  The hop bitterness should be fine, however.  Do a partial boil and add some dry hops, too, and you wouldn't know, aside from the beer being darker than it "should."

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #139 on: June 21, 2014, 12:27:30 PM »

Oh, and the Mr. Beer kits get a lot of shit.  But as a format, the 2 gallon keg is a nice experimental batch size and takes up a ton less room than a traditional 5 gallon primary/secondary setup.  Just have to do some math to make 5 gallon recipes work in a MrB sized batch.

dogdays

« Reply #140 on: June 21, 2014, 12:40:18 PM »

Good morning  Guy's , or Should I say after noon ?. Now if we could just make  cigars. :)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2014, 12:42:52 PM »

The FDA has extended the comment period regarding the disastrous proposed premium cigar regulations by 30 days so if you have not already done so please join me in commenting with your dislikes of such regulations.  If these clowns pass such regulations you will likely never be able to order smokes online again amend the prices you pay at B&M's now will increase tremendously.  In all likely hood many of your B&M's will be out of business sooner than later.  You will also no longer be able to openly walk in a vendors humidor and make your selections based on feel, appearance and smell.

It only takes a couple of minutes to click the link below and comment online.  Make sure to state you are an adult over 21 and refer to "premium hand made cigars not consumed by youth" or something of that nature.

Do It Today so you don't forget!!!

http://www.regulations.gov/#!submitComment;D=FDA-2014-N-0189-0001

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2014, 12:43:37 PM »

Any thoughts on the HC Xikar Cigars.  I just noticed a 5 cigar taster pack for $9.95 (page59 of CI's June II catalog.)

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2014, 12:45:36 PM »

The FDA has extended the comment period regarding the disastrous proposed premium cigar regulations by 30 days so please join me in commenting with your dislikes of such regulations.  If these clowns pass such regulations you will likely never be able to order smokes online again amend the prices you pay at B&M's now will increase tremendously.  In all likely hood many of your B&M's will be out of business sooner than later.  You will also no longer be able to openly walk in a vendors humidor and make your selections based on feel, appearance and smell.

It only takes a couple of minutes to click the link below and comment online.  Make sure to state you are an adult over 21 and refer to "premium hand made cigars not consumed by youth" or something of that nature.

I've already did it... :)

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #144 on: June 21, 2014, 12:45:49 PM »

Any thoughts on the HC Xikar Cigars.  I just noticed a 5 cigar taster pack for $9.95 (page59 of CI's June II catalog.)
Yes I like them a lot, a good value cigar and smoke them regularly.  I probably threw the catalog away but will definitely order some if I have it.  Can't find it if a link online is available please post.

dogdays

« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2014, 12:46:55 PM »

The FDA has extended the comment period regarding the disastrous proposed premium cigar regulations by 30 days so please join me in commenting with your dislikes of such regulations.  If these clowns pass such regulations you will likely never be able to order smokes online again amend the prices you pay at B&M's now will increase tremendously.  In all likely hood many of your B&M's will be out of business sooner than later.  You will also no longer be able to openly walk in a vendors humidor and make your selections based on feel, appearance and smell.

I've already did it... :)
+1

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #146 on: June 21, 2014, 12:52:18 PM »

Yes I like them a lot, a good value cigar and smoke them regularly.  I probably threw the catalog away but will definitely order some if I have it.  Can't find it if a link online is available please post.

Found the link, now have to buy something at the next Jam for FS.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/search/?q=Xikar+HC+Series+Introductory+Taster+Pack

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #147 on: June 21, 2014, 01:03:41 PM »

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/search/?q=Xikar+HC+Series+Introductory+Taster+Pack
If you see any other great bargains like that, let me know.  Do you know the free shipping code by any chance...?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #148 on: June 21, 2014, 01:09:21 PM »

If you see any other great bargains like that, let me know.  Do you know the free shipping code by any chance...?
I don't have a current FS code.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #149 on: June 21, 2014, 01:21:49 PM »

I don't have a current FS code.
if you get that then it's a good deal.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20