Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/21/2014
« Reply #135 on: June 21, 2014, 12:09:47 PM »

Afternoon, men.  Working on beer #3, an "IPA."  I screwed up when brewing so it isn't pale at all, just a ridiculously heavily hopped brown ale.  Good, though.
Home made beer...?
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/21/2014
« Reply #136 on: June 21, 2014, 12:10:20 PM »

Afternoon, men.  Working on beer #3, an "IPA."  I screwed up when brewing so it isn't pale at all, just a ridiculously heavily hopped brown ale.  Good, though.
Home made beer...?

Indeed.  I've been brewing for ~10 years or so now.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/21/2014
« Reply #137 on: June 21, 2014, 12:20:26 PM »

Afternoon, men.  Working on beer #3, an "IPA."  I screwed up when brewing so it isn't pale at all, just a ridiculously heavily hopped brown ale.  Good, though.
Home made beer...?

Indeed.  I've been brewing for ~10 years or so now.
Years ago I got a Mr. Beer for Christmas.  I made a couple of batches of beer, and it turned out pretty good.  I think I still have some of the cans of the hopped malt extract but I'm sure it's expired.  I've thought about using it, but I'm not sure what to expect since the malt extract is expired...?
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/21/2014
« Reply #138 on: June 21, 2014, 12:25:19 PM »

Afternoon, men.  Working on beer #3, an "IPA."  I screwed up when brewing so it isn't pale at all, just a ridiculously heavily hopped brown ale.  Good, though.
Home made beer...?

Indeed.  I've been brewing for ~10 years or so now.
Years ago I got a Mr. Beer for Christmas.  I made a couple of batches of beer, and it turned out pretty good.  I think I still have some of the cans of the hopped malt extract but I'm sure it's expired.  I've thought about using it, but I'm not sure what to expect since the malt extract is expired...?

It depends on how expired.  If it is is bulging/leaking/shows any signs of being infected, toss it.  Not worth it.  If it is a "little" expired, all that happens is that the hop flavoring/aroma will be less strong and the malt color might be darker.  The hop bitterness should be fine, however.  Do a partial boil and add some dry hops, too, and you wouldn't know, aside from the beer being darker than it "should."
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/21/2014
« Reply #139 on: June 21, 2014, 12:27:30 PM »

Oh, and the Mr. Beer kits get a lot of shit.  But as a format, the 2 gallon keg is a nice experimental batch size and takes up a ton less room than a traditional 5 gallon primary/secondary setup.  Just have to do some math to make 5 gallon recipes work in a MrB sized batch.
Logged

dogdays

« Reply #140 on: June 21, 2014, 12:40:18 PM »

Good morning  Guy's , or Should I say after noon ?. Now if we could just make  cigars. :)

« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2014, 12:42:52 PM »

The FDA has extended the comment period regarding the disastrous proposed premium cigar regulations by 30 days so if you have not already done so please join me in commenting with your dislikes of such regulations.  If these clowns pass such regulations you will likely never be able to order smokes online again amend the prices you pay at B&M's now will increase tremendously.  In all likely hood many of your B&M's will be out of business sooner than later.  You will also no longer be able to openly walk in a vendors humidor and make your selections based on feel, appearance and smell.

It only takes a couple of minutes to click the link below and comment online.  Make sure to state you are an adult over 21 and refer to "premium hand made cigars not consumed by youth" or something of that nature.

Do It Today so you don't forget!!!

http://www.regulations.gov/#!submitComment;D=FDA-2014-N-0189-0001
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/21/2014
« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2014, 12:43:37 PM »

Any thoughts on the HC Xikar Cigars.  I just noticed a 5 cigar taster pack for $9.95 (page59 of CI's June II catalog.)
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/21/2014
« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2014, 12:45:36 PM »

The FDA has extended the comment period regarding the disastrous proposed premium cigar regulations by 30 days so please join me in commenting with your dislikes of such regulations.  If these clowns pass such regulations you will likely never be able to order smokes online again amend the prices you pay at B&M's now will increase tremendously.  In all likely hood many of your B&M's will be out of business sooner than later.  You will also no longer be able to openly walk in a vendors humidor and make your selections based on feel, appearance and smell.

It only takes a couple of minutes to click the link below and comment online.  Make sure to state you are an adult over 21 and refer to "premium hand made cigars not consumed by youth" or something of that nature.

Do It Today so you don't forget!!!

http://www.regulations.gov/#!submitComment;D=FDA-2014-N-0189-0001
I've already did it... :)

« Reply #144 on: June 21, 2014, 12:45:49 PM »

Any thoughts on the HC Xikar Cigars.  I just noticed a 5 cigar taster pack for $9.95 (page59 of CI's June II catalog.)
Yes I like them a lot, a good value cigar and smoke them regularly.  I probably threw the catalog away but will definitely order some if I have it.  Can't find it if a link online is available please post.
Logged

dogdays

« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2014, 12:46:55 PM »

[...]

+1

« Reply #146 on: June 21, 2014, 12:52:18 PM »

Any thoughts on the HC Xikar Cigars.  I just noticed a 5 cigar taster pack for $9.95 (page59 of CI's June II catalog.)
Yes I like them a lot, a good value cigar and smoke them regularly.  I probably threw the catalog away but will definitely order some if I have it.  Can't find it if a link online is available please post.

Found the link, now have to buy something at the next Jam for FS.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/search/?q=Xikar+HC+Series+Introductory+Taster+Pack
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/21/2014
« Reply #147 on: June 21, 2014, 01:03:41 PM »

Any thoughts on the HC Xikar Cigars.  I just noticed a 5 cigar taster pack for $9.95 (page59 of CI's June II catalog.)
Yes I like them a lot, a good value cigar and smoke them regularly.  I probably threw the catalog away but will definitely order some if I have it.  Can't find it if a link online is available please post.

Found the link, now have to buy something at the next Jam for FS.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/search/?q=Xikar+HC+Series+Introductory+Taster+Pack
If you see any other great bargains like that, let me know.  Do you know the free shipping code by any chance...?

« Reply #148 on: June 21, 2014, 01:09:21 PM »

Any thoughts on the HC Xikar Cigars.  I just noticed a 5 cigar taster pack for $9.95 (page59 of CI's June II catalog.)
Yes I like them a lot, a good value cigar and smoke them regularly.  I probably threw the catalog away but will definitely order some if I have it.  Can't find it if a link online is available please post.

Found the link, now have to buy something at the next Jam for FS.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/search/?q=Xikar+HC+Series+Introductory+Taster+Pack
If you see any other great bargains like that, let me know.  Do you know the free shipping code by any chance...?
I don't have a current FS code.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/21/2014
« Reply #149 on: June 21, 2014, 01:21:49 PM »

Any thoughts on the HC Xikar Cigars.  I just noticed a 5 cigar taster pack for $9.95 (page59 of CI's June II catalog.)
Yes I like them a lot, a good value cigar and smoke them regularly.  I probably threw the catalog away but will definitely order some if I have it.  Can't find it if a link online is available please post.

Found the link, now have to buy something at the next Jam for FS.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/search/?q=Xikar+HC+Series+Introductory+Taster+Pack
If you see any other great bargains like that, let me know.  Do you know the free shipping code by any chance...?
I don't have a current FS code.
if you get that then it's a good deal.