CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30

Author Topic: 6/19/2014  (Read 74407 times)

dogdays

Re: 6/19/2014
« Reply #375 on: June 19, 2014, 09:13:27 PM »

glassken

« Reply #376 on: June 19, 2014, 09:13:40 PM »

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #377 on: June 19, 2014, 09:15:02 PM »

Shit! I forgot about the cigar in my pocket.  Just sat down and CRUNCH! So much for this Cao italia. Oh well!

glassken

« Reply #378 on: June 19, 2014, 09:17:02 PM »

Howdy Will.

Evening, JR.  Working a domo Patriarch Corojo.  Haven't had a fresh one of these in ages.  I think I might have 1 or 2 from an old Lonsdale box kicking around.  Very good seegar.
Will, I think the last Patriarch,I smoked you sent me about 3-4 years ago for a blind taste test.

Indeed.  Same ones I was thinking of.
Thought so, that was one of the first 'Domos I had ever smoked.

I'm not a huge Domo fan.  I enjoy the 10th Criollo and Maddy and the Patriarch Corojo and Maddy.  The other stuff isn't bad, but just doesn't get my dollars. 

And this Patriarch has been really very good so far.  Tons of smoke, great draw, even burn, strong ash.  Not overly complex flavors, but they taste very good.  Sweetness is going down some and its getting a bit stronger, more of a dark roasted coffee.
The 10th Maddy is probably my favorite of them all, smoked a ton of them.
I used to love the Perdomo Habano, and the discontinued Perdomo Reserve Cameroon, which you can sometimes acquire in older samplers.
Wow! I was wrong. The Perdomo Limited Cameroon Edition Petit Corona looks similar.

KC

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
« Reply #379 on: June 19, 2014, 09:21:55 PM »

Shit! I forgot about the cigar in my pocket.  Just sat down and CRUNCH! So much for this Cao italia. Oh well!
Never did care much for those, or anything else in the CAO line, excepting the LTs. 

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
« Reply #380 on: June 19, 2014, 09:25:19 PM »

Howdy Will.

Evening, JR.  Working a domo Patriarch Corojo.  Haven't had a fresh one of these in ages.  I think I might have 1 or 2 from an old Lonsdale box kicking around.  Very good seegar.
Will, I think the last Patriarch,I smoked you sent me about 3-4 years ago for a blind taste test.

Indeed.  Same ones I was thinking of.
Thought so, that was one of the first 'Domos I had ever smoked.

I'm not a huge Domo fan.  I enjoy the 10th Criollo and Maddy and the Patriarch Corojo and Maddy.  The other stuff isn't bad, but just doesn't get my dollars. 

And this Patriarch has been really very good so far.  Tons of smoke, great draw, even burn, strong ash.  Not overly complex flavors, but they taste very good.  Sweetness is going down some and its getting a bit stronger, more of a dark roasted coffee.
The 10th Maddy is probably my favorite of them all, smoked a ton of them.
I used to love the Perdomo Habano, and the discontinued Perdomo Reserve Cameroon, which you can sometimes acquire in older samplers.

Never much liked the Habano.  The Perdomo Reserve Cameroons were very nice, all the way down to the Moments vitola.  The little 4.25x32 or so torpedo was damn close to a full size flavor.  My original favorite winter smoke.

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #381 on: June 19, 2014, 09:35:36 PM »

Never did care much for those, or anything else in the CAO line, excepting the LTs.
It was just a lonely single left over from a sampler so I thought I'd get rid of it.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
« Reply #382 on: June 19, 2014, 09:35:50 PM »

Just about nubbed this Patriarch Corojo Robusto.  Excellent all the way down. 

Not overly complex and a not a ton of changes, but very good, rich flavors, top notch construction, and really nothing to complain about.  Sweet tobacco, creamy coffee, nutty, hearty spices.  Add in some cedar accents and a some floral notes here and there.  As it burns, sweetness dies down and it gets a bit darker, more of a dark roasted coffee. 

Not a bunch of pepper or anything too heavy at any point, medium-full body/flavor throughout. Easy going enough aside from a few rough puffs early on (which I'll chalk up to being still fresh).  I'm not sure what they go for on the mash, but a final price around $3-3.50/ea with the coupons would be a very good value, imo. 

TRO

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #383 on: June 19, 2014, 09:38:32 PM »

It was just a lonely single left over from a sampler so I thought I'd get rid of it.
I don't think that you meant to get rid of it that way.
You could have just tossed it.

KC

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #384 on: June 19, 2014, 09:38:56 PM »

Never much liked the Habano.  The Perdomo Reserve Cameroons were very nice, all the way down to the Moments vitola.  The little 4.25x32 or so torpedo was damn close to a full size flavor.  My original favorite winter smoke.-----Will-----Have you tried the Camacho Machitos for a winter smoke?  They smoke just like a full sized Camacho, with a great burn and draw, excellent flavors, all in a 20-25 minute smoke.  They are on the Jam for $39.99 for 5 tins of 8 cigars.  At a buck each, they are a great short smoke. I take them with me on a bike ride to the Keys, when I'm just having 1 or 2 beers then moving on.   

TRO

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #385 on: June 19, 2014, 09:39:36 PM »

Just finished a Punch BK.

KC

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #386 on: June 19, 2014, 09:40:01 PM »

You could have just tossed it.-----TRO-----Evening Tom!

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #387 on: June 19, 2014, 09:43:34 PM »

You could have just tossed it.
lol, you know I'm smoking it anyway.  Destroyed wrapper and all. Evening Tom

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #388 on: June 19, 2014, 09:43:50 PM »

Evening all. Honey Booboo is back on the air.

TRO

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #389 on: June 19, 2014, 09:48:08 PM »

You could have just tossed it.-----TRO-----Evening Tom!
Hi KC. 
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30