dogdays

« Reply #375 on: June 19, 2014, 09:13:27 PM »

Logged

glassken

« Reply #376 on: June 19, 2014, 09:13:40 PM »

Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #377 on: June 19, 2014, 09:15:02 PM »

Shit! I forgot about the cigar in my pocket.  Just sat down and CRUNCH! So much for this Cao italia. Oh well!
Logged

glassken

« Reply #378 on: June 19, 2014, 09:17:02 PM »

Howdy Will.

Evening, JR.  Working a domo Patriarch Corojo.  Haven't had a fresh one of these in ages.  I think I might have 1 or 2 from an old Lonsdale box kicking around.  Very good seegar.
Will, I think the last Patriarch,I smoked you sent me about 3-4 years ago for a blind taste test.

Indeed.  Same ones I was thinking of.
Thought so, that was one of the first 'Domos I had ever smoked.

I'm not a huge Domo fan.  I enjoy the 10th Criollo and Maddy and the Patriarch Corojo and Maddy.  The other stuff isn't bad, but just doesn't get my dollars.

And this Patriarch has been really very good so far.  Tons of smoke, great draw, even burn, strong ash.  Not overly complex flavors, but they taste very good.  Sweetness is going down some and its getting a bit stronger, more of a dark roasted coffee.
The 10th Maddy is probably my favorite of them all, smoked a ton of them.
I used to love the Perdomo Habano, and the discontinued Perdomo Reserve Cameroon, which you can sometimes acquire in older samplers.
Wow! I was wrong. The Perdomo Limited Cameroon Edition Petit Corona looks similar.
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/19/2014
« Reply #379 on: June 19, 2014, 09:21:55 PM »

Shit! I forgot about the cigar in my pocket.  Just sat down and CRUNCH! So much for this Cao italia. Oh well!
Never did care much for those, or anything else in the CAO line, excepting the LTs.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/19/2014
« Reply #380 on: June 19, 2014, 09:25:19 PM »

[...]

Never much liked the Habano.  The Perdomo Reserve Cameroons were very nice, all the way down to the Moments vitola.  The little 4.25x32 or so torpedo was damn close to a full size flavor.  My original favorite winter smoke.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #381 on: June 19, 2014, 09:35:36 PM »

Shit! I forgot about the cigar in my pocket.  Just sat down and CRUNCH! So much for this Cao italia. Oh well!
Never did care much for those, or anything else in the CAO line, excepting the LTs.
It was just a lonely single left over from a sampler so I thought I'd get rid of it.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/19/2014
« Reply #382 on: June 19, 2014, 09:35:50 PM »

Just about nubbed this Patriarch Corojo Robusto.  Excellent all the way down.

Not overly complex and a not a ton of changes, but very good, rich flavors, top notch construction, and really nothing to complain about.  Sweet tobacco, creamy coffee, nutty, hearty spices.  Add in some cedar accents and a some floral notes here and there.  As it burns, sweetness dies down and it gets a bit darker, more of a dark roasted coffee.

Not a bunch of pepper or anything too heavy at any point, medium-full body/flavor throughout. Easy going enough aside from a few rough puffs early on (which I'll chalk up to being still fresh).  I'm not sure what they go for on the mash, but a final price around $3-3.50/ea with the coupons would be a very good value, imo.
Logged

TRO

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #383 on: June 19, 2014, 09:38:32 PM »

Shit! I forgot about the cigar in my pocket.  Just sat down and CRUNCH! So much for this Cao italia. Oh well!
Never did care much for those, or anything else in the CAO line, excepting the LTs.
It was just a lonely single left over from a sampler so I thought I'd get rid of it.
I don't think that you meant to get rid of it that way.
You could have just tossed it.
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/19/2014
« Reply #384 on: June 19, 2014, 09:38:56 PM »

Never much liked the Habano.  The Perdomo Reserve Cameroons were very nice, all the way down to the Moments vitola.  The little 4.25x32 or so torpedo was damn close to a full size flavor.  My original favorite winter smoke.-----Will-----Have you tried the Camacho Machitos for a winter smoke?  They smoke just like a full sized Camacho, with a great burn and draw, excellent flavors, all in a 20-25 minute smoke.  They are on the Jam for $39.99 for 5 tins of 8 cigars.  At a buck each, they are a great short smoke. I take them with me on a bike ride to the Keys, when I'm just having 1 or 2 beers then moving on.
Logged

TRO

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #385 on: June 19, 2014, 09:39:36 PM »

Just finished a Punch BK.
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/19/2014
« Reply #386 on: June 19, 2014, 09:40:01 PM »

I don't think that you meant to get rid of it that way.
You could have just tossed it.-----TRO-----Evening Tom!
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #387 on: June 19, 2014, 09:43:34 PM »

Shit! I forgot about the cigar in my pocket.  Just sat down and CRUNCH! So much for this Cao italia. Oh well!
Never did care much for those, or anything else in the CAO line, excepting the LTs.
It was just a lonely single left over from a sampler so I thought I'd get rid of it.
I don't think that you meant to get rid of it that way.
You could have just tossed it.
lol, you know I'm smoking it anyway.  Destroyed wrapper and all. Evening Tom
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/19/2014
« Reply #388 on: June 19, 2014, 09:43:50 PM »

Evening all. Honey Booboo is back on the air.
Logged

TRO

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #389 on: June 19, 2014, 09:48:08 PM »

I don't think that you meant to get rid of it that way.
You could have just tossed it.-----TRO-----Evening Tom!
Hi KC.