Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2018, 08:19:23 AM »

@Deano: Do you prepare your smokes for the course, in advance? If so, what do you have lined up for today?
no, I just throw a few random sticks in a baggie or stop at the ABC Store humidor for something different. I'll probably have a Brick house maduro and Oliva O maduro.
Those are fine choices. Back in the olden days when I golfed, I preferred churchills in order to keep the smoke as far away from my eyes as possible.
I never got use to churchill's, too long a smoke.
They don’t work well for fishing as they tend to burn your line because they stick out so far, no kidding.

I don’t regularly smoke them though because they inherently don’t seem to burn well.  That said I do have a large stack of Original Murcielago Churchill’s because that was all they had when I bought out the last ones I could find.  And 90% of them have mild to moderate burn issues but they do taste good.

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2018, 08:24:06 AM »

[...]

Definitely not my goto vitola either.

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2018, 09:20:31 AM »

[...]

Don't want to smoke something too intimidating? I hear ya, that's why I stick to coronas and cigarillos.

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2018, 09:22:28 AM »

[...]

Cigarillos? On the golf course? I'm not sure about that. I'm thinking toro.

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2018, 09:28:51 AM »

Have you guys ever gotten stink eye on the links?

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2018, 10:01:10 AM »

[...]

Sorry, was trying to make a penis joke there.

Usually, I'm a robusto or toro guy on the course.

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2018, 10:04:06 AM »

Have you guys ever gotten stink eye on the links?
I only ever light up on the course if I'm with friends that also smoke, so no.

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2018, 10:09:33 AM »

Morning, muchachos. Today's the day of the Big Interview. My team gets to put me on the hot seat and decide if they want me to be the boss permanently.

This space for rent.

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2018, 10:16:02 AM »

Morning, muchachos. Today's the day of the Big Interview. My team gets to put me on the hot seat and decide if they want me to be the boss permanently.

This space for rent.
Do you really want the job?

Good morning, Bret.

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2018, 10:18:01 AM »

Have you guys ever gotten stink eye on the links?
I only ever light up on the course if I'm with friends that also smoke, so no.
I went to see a PGA tournament a few years back and lit up. I got plenty of stares but it didn't stop me. Plus, there were others smoking.

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2018, 10:22:58 AM »

Morning, muchachos. Today's the day of the Big Interview. My team gets to put me on the hot seat and decide if they want me to be the boss permanently.

This space for rent.
Do you really want the job?

Good morning, Bret.
Yeah, I like the job. It's no cakewalk, but it has its moments.

This space for rent.

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2018, 10:30:41 AM »

Have you guys ever gotten stink eye on the links?
no, got a few guys that won't ride in the cart with me, but I just tell them to go fuck themselves and let them get another cart. I see a lot of cigarette butts on the course and around the greens but only once did I see a cigar left in the fairway.

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2018, 10:36:20 AM »

I watched the Spaniard, Miguel Jiménez, play in Rochester, NY. I was getting a lot of crap from the gallery until he lit up a Monte on the 9th tee. I offered him my lighter and cutter but he just smiled and waved me off.

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2018, 10:48:16 AM »

I watched the Spaniard, Miguel Jiménez, play in Rochester, NY. I was getting a lot of crap from the gallery until he lit up a Monte on the 9th tee. I offered him my lighter and cutter but he just smiled and waved me off.
He won the old guys British Open a week or two back, and by time the reporter got to him for a post-round interview, he already had one fired up in hand. Love that guy.

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2018, 10:50:14 AM »

I watched the Spaniard, Miguel Jiménez, play in Rochester, NY. I was getting a lot of crap from the gallery until he lit up a Monte on the 9th tee. I offered him my lighter and cutter but he just smiled and waved me off.
He won the old guys British Open a week or two back, and by time the reporter got to him for a post-round interview, he already had one fired up in hand. Love that guy.
I saw the last 2 holes. I think he's fun to watch. wasn't that the Champions Tour?
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4