CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on October 17, 2017, 12:00:35 AM

Title: 10/17/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on October 17, 2017, 12:00:35 AM
It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 05:01:38 AM
Morning Slackers, Happy 2nd Saturday!
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 05:03:42 AM
Yankees put an 8-1 ass-whooping on the Astros last night, Astros are a great team but looked to be totally confused last night.

Astros lead the Series 2-1.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 05:36:40 AM
It looks like the already worthless Cigar Fu has taken a a turn for the worse, assuming that is even possible.

Seems now they are only changing out the terrible offers once/week.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 05:44:39 AM
52 degrees this morning and only 74% humidity.  Sunny and 68 for the afternoon.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 17, 2017, 05:50:33 AM
Morning Dave. 72° with on and off showers today.
Short Story and coffee here.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 05:56:14 AM
Morning Dave. 72° with on and off showers today.
Short Story and coffee here.
Morning Dean
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2017, 06:11:07 AM
Good morning, Dave and Dean.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 17, 2017, 06:17:12 AM
Good morning, Dave and Dean.
Good morning Tony. Happy Monday #2.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 06:25:30 AM
Good morning, Dave and Dean.
Morning Mayor
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2017, 07:10:15 AM
Morning CarolinaDave, BathtubBuddyDean, and UNTony.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 17, 2017, 07:10:18 AM
overcast and feels like rain but the weather map says partly cloudy all day and highs in the 80's.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 17, 2017, 07:11:11 AM
Morning CarolinaDave, BathtubBuddyDean, and UNTony.
morning Dave.
where did the BathtubBuddy come from?
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: sfish on October 17, 2017, 07:12:00 AM
It looks like the already worthless Cigar Fu has taken a a turn for the worse, assuming that is even possible.

Seems now they are only changing out the terrible offers once/week.
I have no idea how they still make any money at CI
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2017, 07:14:24 AM
Today is Tuesday, October 17
On this day in history:

1739 - Thomas Coram was granted a Royal Charter from George II so a "hospital for the maintenance and education of exposed and deserted young children" in Londond, England.

1777 - American troops defeated British forces in Saratoga, NY. It was the turning point in the American Revolutionary War.

1888 - The first issue of "National Geographic Magazine" was released at newsstands.

1931 - Al Capone was convicted on income tax evasion and was sentenced to 11 years in prison. He was released in 1939.

1933 - "News-Week" appeared for the first time at newsstands. The name was later changed to "Newsweek."

1933 - Dr. Albert Einstein moved to Princeton, NJ, after leaving Germany.

1939 - "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" premiered.

1945 - Ava Gardner and Artie Shaw were married.

1945 - Colonel Juan Peron became the dictator of Argentina after staging a coup in Buenos Aires.

1973 - The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) began an oil-embargo against several countries including the U.S. and Great Britain. The incident stemmed from Western support of Israel when Egypt and Syria attacked the nation on October 6, 1973. The embargo lasted until March of 1974.

1978 - U.S. President Carter signed a bill that restored full U.S. citizenship rights to Confederate President Jefferson Davis.

1979 - Mother Teresa of India was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

1987 - U.S. First Lady Nancy Reagan underwent a modified radical mastectomy at Bethesda Naval Hospital in Maryland.

1989 - An earthquake measuring 7.1 on the Richter Scale hit the San Francisco Bay area in California. The quake caused about 67 deaths, 3,000 injuries, and damages up to $7 billion.

1994 - Israel and Jordan initialed a draft peace treaty.

1994 - The Angolan government and rebels agreed to a peace treaty that ended their 19 years of civil war.

1997 - The remains of revolutionary Ernesto "Che" Guevara were laid to rest in his adopted Cuba, 30 years after his execution in Bolivia.

2000 - In New York City, Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum opened to the public. The 42nd Street location joined Tussaud's other exhibitions already in London, Hong Kong, Amsterdam and Las Vegas.

2000 - Patrick Roy (Colorado Avalanche) achieved his 448th victory as a goalie in the NHL. Roy passed Terry Sawchuck to become the record holder for career victories.

2001 - Israel's tourism minister was killed. A radical Palestinian faction claimed that it had carried out the assassination to avenge the killing of its leader by Israel 2 months earlier.

2001 - Pakistan placed its armed forces on high alert because of troop movements by India in the disputed territory of Kashmir. India said that the movements were part of a normal troop rotation.

2001 - Italian priest Giuseppe "Beppe" Pierantoni was kidnapped by the terrorist group the "Pentagon." He was released on April 8, 2002.

2003 - In the U.S., the Food and Drug Administration approved a drug, known as memantine, to help people with Alzheimer's symptoms.

2003 - In Taipei, Taiwan, construction crews finished 1,676-foot-tall-building called Taipei 101. The building was planned to open for business in 2004.

2003 - In northwest England, the Carnforth railway station reopened as a heritage center.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 07:15:15 AM
overcast and feels like rain but the weather map says partly cloudy all day and highs in the 80's.
Mostly clear but a brisk North wind blowing
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 07:18:13 AM
It looks like the already worthless Cigar Fu has taken a a turn for the worse, assuming that is even possible.

Seems now they are only changing out the terrible offers once/week.
I have no idea how they still make any money at CI
Based on their stock devaluation following all the failed changes I would guess the CI Retail sector probably loses money.  What I can't figure out is why they don't seem to give a $hit about it and won't change things.

Morning Fish
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2017, 07:18:26 AM
Jean Arthur 1900

Irene Ryan 1902

Cozy (William) Cole 1909

John Mosley 1914

Jerry Siegel 1914

Arthur Miller 1915

Marsha Hunt 1917

Rita Hayworth 1918

Elie Abel 1920

Montgomery Clift 1920

Julie Adams 1926

Beverly Garland 1926

Tom Poston 1927

Johnny Klippstein 1927

Jimmy Breslin 1930 - Newspaper columnist

Evel Knievel (Robert Craig) 1938

James "Jim" Seals 1941 - Singer (Seals and Crofts)

Earl Thomas Conley 1941

Gary Puckett (The Union Gap) 1942

Bob Seagren 1946

Jim Tucker (The Turtles) 1946

Michael McKean 1947 - Actor ("This is Spinal Tap," "Laverne and Shirley")

George Wendt 1948 - Actor ("Cheers")

Margot Kidder 1948 - Actress ("Superman")

Bill Hudson (The Hudson Brothers) 1949

Howard Rollins 1950

Sam Bottoms 1955

Mae Jemison 1956

Vincent Van Patten 1957

Alan Jackson 1958 - Singer, musician

Mike Judge 1962 - Animator, director ("Beavis and Butthead")

Norm MacDonald 1963 - Actor, comedian ("Saturday Night Live")

Ernie Els 1969 - Golfer

Ziggy Marley 1968 - Reggae musician

Wyclef Jean 1969 - Musician, actor, politician

Chris Kirkpatrick ('N Sync) 1971

Eminem 1972 - Rapper

Wyclef Jean 1972 - Singer
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2017, 07:20:20 AM
Distrust any enterprise that requires new clothes.
- Henry David Thoreau

We shall fight on the beaches...we shall never surrender
- British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, June 4, 1940

If I'm hitting, I can hit anyone. If not, my twelve-year-old son can get me out.
- Willie Stargell, Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 07:20:30 AM
Morning Fish and Travellin?Dave
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 07:25:39 AM
Progress Report: Kitchen Sink Ordered, Faucet Ordered, TV Wall Mounts Ordered, LG 65" OLED TV ordered, layout the granite cuts tomorrow afternoon and flooring installation next Tuesday and Wednesday.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: sfish on October 17, 2017, 07:26:32 AM
It looks like the already worthless Cigar Fu has taken a a turn for the worse, assuming that is even possible.

Seems now they are only changing out the terrible offers once/week.
I have no idea how they still make any money at CI
Based on their stock devaluation following all the failed changes I would guess the CI Retail sector probably loses money.  What I can't figure out is why they don't seem to give a $hit about it and won't change things.

Morning Fish
Morning SCDave. That's true, they seem almost arrogant which will always cost you. It's not as if their pricing or service is better than anyone else's
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2017, 07:26:35 AM
Morning Daves, Fish, Dean, and Mr. Mayor.  Brisk 49 deg this morning, felt great.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: sfish on October 17, 2017, 07:27:23 AM
Progress Report: Kitchen Sink Ordered, Faucet Ordered, TV Wall Mounts Ordered, LG 65" OLED TV ordered, layout the granite cuts tomorrow afternoon and flooring installation next Tuesday and Wednesday.
Sounds like a well-oiled machine running there
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 07:30:16 AM
Progress Report: Kitchen Sink Ordered, Faucet Ordered, TV Wall Mounts Ordered, LG 65" OLED TV ordered, layout the granite cuts tomorrow afternoon and flooring installation next Tuesday and Wednesday.
Sounds like a well-oiled machine running there
I would not go that far sine we are over 2 weeks behind but things are finally coming together.

Edit:  If someone had told me the kitchen sink was one of the most difficult selections I would have thought they were crazy but it was so guess I must be crazy.  Granite was easier than the sink just a little harder to find what we wanted and the flooring was pretty difficult to select but that was mostly because we wanted some specific characteristics and colors were limited by that.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2017, 07:30:37 AM
New Tapatalk version this morning. I'm not happy about it.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2017, 07:30:38 AM
Progress Report: Kitchen Sink Ordered, Faucet Ordered, TV Wall Mounts Ordered, LG 65" OLED TV ordered, layout the granite cuts tomorrow afternoon and flooring installation next Tuesday and Wednesday.
Sounds like a well-oiled machine running there
CarolinaDave, Contractor Exceptional!
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2017, 07:33:16 AM
Progress Report: Kitchen Sink Ordered, Faucet Ordered, TV Wall Mounts Ordered, LG 65" OLED TV ordered, layout the granite cuts tomorrow afternoon and flooring installation next Tuesday and Wednesday.
Sounds like a well-oiled machine running there
I would not go that far sine we are over 2 weeks behind but things are finally coming together.
Still a lot can happen to add to that time frame.  But good luck!
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 17, 2017, 07:35:03 AM
morning Scott and Mark.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 07:36:02 AM
Progress Report: Kitchen Sink Ordered, Faucet Ordered, TV Wall Mounts Ordered, LG 65" OLED TV ordered, layout the granite cuts tomorrow afternoon and flooring installation next Tuesday and Wednesday.
Sounds like a well-oiled machine running there
I would not go that far sine we are over 2 weeks behind but things are finally coming together.
Still a lot can happen to add to that time frame.  But good luck!
Yep, it ain't over till it's over!
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 07:40:33 AM
Progress Report: Kitchen Sink Ordered, Faucet Ordered, TV Wall Mounts Ordered, LG 65" OLED TV ordered, layout the granite cuts tomorrow afternoon and flooring installation next Tuesday and Wednesday.
Sounds like a well-oiled machine running there
CarolinaDave, Contractor Exceptional!
Just be forewarned if you plan to move to SC, quality workmanship and diligent pursuit of completion by "skilled" tradesmen are not in the SC Vocabulary.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2017, 07:45:17 AM
It looks like the already worthless Cigar Fu has taken a a turn for the worse, assuming that is even possible.

Seems now they are only changing out the terrible offers once/week.
I have no idea how they still make any money at CI
You'd be surprised at how many guys don't have a clue.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2017, 07:45:59 AM
Good morning, NJDave and NJScott.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 07:49:09 AM
@ Mayor T - Thanks for checking on that WIFI security info yesterday.

This morning it has come out that the Pizza Hut app was compromised 2 weeks ago making another butt load of folks data available.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2017, 07:53:53 AM
Morning Daves, Fish, Dean, and Mr. Mayor.  Brisk 49 deg this morning, felt great.
Good morning, Mark.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2017, 07:54:41 AM
Off to NC for the week.  Have a good one guys.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2017, 07:55:38 AM
Morning Mr. Bean.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 07:56:28 AM
From Halfwheel (last sentence is messed up but that is what they published, CI must be writing copy for Halfwheel now). Pretty sad but Ft Worth has gone almost as far left as Austin over the last few years.

Fort Worth is the last major city in Texas where smoking is still legal in bars, but that might not be the case much longer.

Tomorrow, city attorneys are expected to present an update to the Fort Worth City Council about a potential change to the city’s smoking ordinance, the first step in determining whether the city will move forward with banning smoking at bars.

While it’s not clear what that language will be, it’s expected that cigar stores and cigar bars to be exempt and smoke-free
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 07:56:53 AM
Off to NC for the week.  Have a good one guys.
Later Tarheel!
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 07:57:55 AM
Morning Bean
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2017, 07:59:34 AM
@ Mayor T - Thanks for checking on that WIFI security info yesterday.

This morning it has come out that the Pizza Hut app was compromised 2 weeks ago making another butt load of folks data available.
Luckily, I didn't have that one. But I'm not surprised. Only a matter of time until the Starbucks app screws me.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2017, 08:02:03 AM
Off to NC for the week.  Have a good one guys.
Safe travels. Hope this is a fun trip and not a work one.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2017, 08:06:08 AM
Off to NC for the week.  Have a good one guys.
Safe travels. Hope this is a fun trip and not a work one.
This one sounds like work.  SC is where the old folks go to play.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2017, 08:06:46 AM
@ Mayor T - Thanks for checking on that WIFI security info yesterday.

This morning it has come out that the Pizza Hut app was compromised 2 weeks ago making another butt load of folks data available.
Luckily, I didn't have that one. But I'm not surprised. Only a matter of time until the Starbucks app screws me.
You need to stop shopping at that commie coffee joint anyway.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 08:18:35 AM
Off to NC for the week.  Have a good one guys.
Safe travels. Hope this is a fun trip and not a work one.
This one sounds like work.  SC is where the old folks go to play.
He is going to GA next week to get Clemsoned ;D
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 08:31:13 AM
Off to NC for the week.  Have a good one guys.
Safe travels. Hope this is a fun trip and not a work one.
This one sounds like work.  SC is where the old folks go to play.
The New Florida! :)
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 09:34:15 AM
SHEESH!
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 09:35:25 AM
Time to get on with the day, first stop Lowes to pick up two small cabinets for the book shelves.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2017, 10:22:57 AM
Can't see the six posts since my last post. Let's see if this helps...

Friggin Tapatalk!
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2017, 10:25:15 AM
@ Mayor T - Thanks for checking on that WIFI security info yesterday.

This morning it has come out that the Pizza Hut app was compromised 2 weeks ago making another butt load of folks data available.
Luckily, I didn't have that one. But I'm not surprised. Only a matter of time until the Starbucks app screws me.
You need to stop shopping at that commie coffee joint anyway.

How about this commie coffee joint?
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171017/c78737f36c04c40d5bb2fac737390243.jpg)
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2017, 10:29:18 AM
Can't see the six posts since my last post. Let's see if this helps...

Friggin Tapatalk!
Posting seemed to help.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2017, 10:30:00 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2017, 10:31:11 AM
Good morning, Bret. You're on your own for a bit. Off to a meeting...
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2017, 10:52:29 AM

@ Mayor T - Thanks for checking on that WIFI security info yesterday.

This morning it has come out that the Pizza Hut app was compromised 2 weeks ago making another butt load of folks data available.
Luckily, I didn't have that one. But I'm not surprised. Only a matter of time until the Starbucks app screws me.
You need to stop shopping at that commie coffee joint anyway.

How about this commie coffee joint?
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171017/c78737f36c04c40d5bb2fac737390243.jpg)
I was able to straighten out that photo. Sheesh. Have I mentioned that I'm not thrilled with the latest Tapatalk update?
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2017, 10:55:11 AM
Can't see the six posts since my last post. Let's see if this helps...

Friggin Tapatalk!
Posting seemed to help.
It always does.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2017, 11:05:07 AM
@ Mayor T - Thanks for checking on that WIFI security info yesterday.

This morning it has come out that the Pizza Hut app was compromised 2 weeks ago making another butt load of folks data available.
Luckily, I didn't have that one. But I'm not surprised. Only a matter of time until the Starbucks app screws me.
You need to stop shopping at that commie coffee joint anyway.

How about this commie coffee joint?
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171017/c78737f36c04c40d5bb2fac737390243.jpg)
Based on my extensive research, non-commie.  Their coffee isn't that good, but their donuts make up for it.  Don't deny you know this already.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2017, 11:50:50 AM
@ Mayor T - Thanks for checking on that WIFI security info yesterday.

This morning it has come out that the Pizza Hut app was compromised 2 weeks ago making another butt load of folks data available.
Luckily, I didn't have that one. But I'm not surprised. Only a matter of time until the Starbucks app screws me.
You need to stop shopping at that commie coffee joint anyway.

How about this commie coffee joint?
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171017/c78737f36c04c40d5bb2fac737390243.jpg)
Based on my extensive research, non-commie.  Their coffee isn't that good, but their donuts make up for it.  Don't deny you know this already.
I have certainly had my fair share of their doughnuts. I prefer Krispy Kreme. Although quite a bit more expensive, we've been going to a local shop for our doughnuts lately...

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171017/864381991f2a14c36f3b9fb0c824d207.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171017/3d2bd8aa137f71811765bc9faae09a75.jpg)
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 11:51:40 AM
NIce buys on Sam Leccia Black and White boxes at Holts.

http://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html

White coronas are a good morning smoke
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 11:52:45 AM
Shrimp & Grits for lunch at Salt Water Creek
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2017, 12:36:59 PM
Decent deals on a limited selection of Leaf by Oscar bundles at the biz site.

http://cigarplace.biz/cigars/daily-deal.html?utm_source=Cigar+Place+Newsletter+List&utm_campaign=ce501d3c07-RR_58%25Off_LeafbyOscarRob_2017_10_17_10am_4batch&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_efb7fdc687-ce501d3c07-196003509&mc_cid=ce501d3c07&mc_eid=35c0dff6d9 (http://cigarplace.biz/cigars/daily-deal.html?utm_source=Cigar+Place+Newsletter+List&utm_campaign=ce501d3c07-RR_58%25Off_LeafbyOscarRob_2017_10_17_10am_4batch&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_efb7fdc687-ce501d3c07-196003509&mc_cid=ce501d3c07&mc_eid=35c0dff6d9)
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on October 17, 2017, 01:27:05 PM
@ Mayor T - Thanks for checking on that WIFI security info yesterday.

This morning it has come out that the Pizza Hut app was compromised 2 weeks ago making another butt load of folks data available.
that's the nice thing about living in the NYC/NJ metro area.  You avoid chain pizzeria's
like the plague(Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's)! hello boys, big Dinwali lunch here at work.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2017, 01:46:58 PM
@ Mayor T - Thanks for checking on that WIFI security info yesterday.

This morning it has come out that the Pizza Hut app was compromised 2 weeks ago making another butt load of folks data available.
that's the nice thing about living in the NYC/NJ metro area.  You avoid chain pizzeria's
like the plague(Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's)! hello boys, big Dinwali lunch here at work.
Mmmmmm. There used to be a good Indian food truck nearby but they must have moved to a different corner.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 17, 2017, 01:52:56 PM
went down to Home Depot for lunch. They have a vendor outside with the best hot Italian sausage with peppers and onions, stopped and got a large rock for my fern garden, another stop to grab another mirror for my wall, that makes 14 and counting. My new checks came ........ with my old address ..... again!
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 17, 2017, 01:56:10 PM
MBIII and morning coffee while I contemplate planting a few ferns and hanging the mirror.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2017, 02:30:45 PM
went down to Home Depot for lunch. They have a vendor outside with the best hot Italian sausage with peppers and onions, stopped and got a large rock for my fern garden, another stop to grab another mirror for my wall, that makes 14 and counting. My new checks came ........ with my old address ..... again!
Fern garden?  Taking a page from the Harvey Weinstein playbook are you?  ;-)
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 17, 2017, 02:49:25 PM
went down to Home Depot for lunch. They have a vendor outside with the best hot Italian sausage with peppers and onions, stopped and got a large rock for my fern garden, another stop to grab another mirror for my wall, that makes 14 and counting. My new checks came ........ with my old address ..... again!
Fern garden?  Taking a page from the Harvey Weinstein playbook are you?  ;-)
they are very low maintenance, and I am a lazy gardener.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2017, 03:38:49 PM
went down to Home Depot for lunch. They have a vendor outside with the best hot Italian sausage with peppers and onions, stopped and got a large rock for my fern garden, another stop to grab another mirror for my wall, that makes 14 and counting. My new checks came ........ with my old address ..... again!
Fern garden?  Taking a page from the Harvey Weinstein playbook are you?  ;-)
And all those mirrors...
(http://rs228.pbsrc.com/albums/ee192/fugitive247/snagged/artie-johnson.jpg~c200)
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2017, 03:41:01 PM
went down to Home Depot for lunch. They have a vendor outside with the best hot Italian sausage with peppers and onions, stopped and got a large rock for my fern garden, another stop to grab another mirror for my wall, that makes 14 and counting. My new checks came ........ with my old address ..... again!
Fern garden?  Taking a page from the Harvey Weinstein playbook are you?  ;-)
they are very low maintenance, and I am a lazy gardener.
Easy to care for. Just give 'em a squirt of Harvey's Plant Food.  You can even make it yourself.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 17, 2017, 03:46:55 PM
yard and housework done. time to reward myself.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 17, 2017, 03:47:52 PM
went down to Home Depot for lunch. They have a vendor outside with the best hot Italian sausage with peppers and onions, stopped and got a large rock for my fern garden, another stop to grab another mirror for my wall, that makes 14 and counting. My new checks came ........ with my old address ..... again!
Fern garden?  Taking a page from the Harvey Weinstein playbook are you?  ;-)
they are very low maintenance, and I am a lazy gardener.
Easy to care for. Just give 'em a squirt of Harvey's Plant Food.  You can even make it yourself.

but I don't have a casting couch!
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2017, 03:49:21 PM
went down to Home Depot for lunch. They have a vendor outside with the best hot Italian sausage with peppers and onions, stopped and got a large rock for my fern garden, another stop to grab another mirror for my wall, that makes 14 and counting. My new checks came ........ with my old address ..... again!
Fern garden?  Taking a page from the Harvey Weinstein playbook are you?  ;-)
they are very low maintenance, and I am a lazy gardener.
Easy to care for. Just give 'em a squirt of Harvey's Plant Food.  You can even make it yourself.

but I don't have a casting couch!
Who needs a couch? Harvey fed the plants in the lobby of a restaurant.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 17, 2017, 03:52:01 PM
I need a better reward.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2017, 04:37:29 PM
@ Mayor T - Thanks for checking on that WIFI security info yesterday.

This morning it has come out that the Pizza Hut app was compromised 2 weeks ago making another butt load of folks data available.
that's the nice thing about living in the NYC/NJ metro area.  You avoid chain pizzeria's
like the plague(Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's)! hello boys, big Dinwali lunch here at work.
Mmmmmm. There used to be a good Indian food truck nearby but they must have moved to a different corner.
Well isn't that interesting? Passed right by the truck on the corner of 40th and Park on my way home.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2017, 05:09:31 PM
@ Mayor T - Thanks for checking on that WIFI security info yesterday.

This morning it has come out that the Pizza Hut app was compromised 2 weeks ago making another butt load of folks data available.
that's the nice thing about living in the NYC/NJ metro area.  You avoid chain pizzeria's
like the plague(Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's)! hello boys, big Dinwali lunch here at work.
But there still are a bunch of them around.  Regularly see Papa John's deliveries zipping around.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2017, 05:10:50 PM
MBIII and morning coffee while I contemplate planting a few ferns and hanging the mirror.
So how many different kinds of ferns do you have?  You buying them or collecting them in your travels?
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2017, 05:12:45 PM
went down to Home Depot for lunch. They have a vendor outside with the best hot Italian sausage with peppers and onions, stopped and got a large rock for my fern garden, another stop to grab another mirror for my wall, that makes 14 and counting. My new checks came ........ with my old address ..... again!
Fern garden?  Taking a page from the Harvey Weinstein playbook are you?  ;-)
they are very low maintenance, and I am a lazy gardener.
You ought too get yourself a tree fern or two.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2017, 05:14:45 PM
Tony...the update to Tapatalk I just got seems to be major improvement.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 17, 2017, 05:15:38 PM
MBIII and morning coffee while I contemplate planting a few ferns and hanging the mirror.
So how many different kinds of ferns do you have?  You buying them or collecting them in your travels?
just collecting in my travels.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2017, 05:16:47 PM
Some of my favorites are Japanese Painted Ferns....there are a number of varieties.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 17, 2017, 05:17:15 PM
went down to Home Depot for lunch. They have a vendor outside with the best hot Italian sausage with peppers and onions, stopped and got a large rock for my fern garden, another stop to grab another mirror for my wall, that makes 14 and counting. My new checks came ........ with my old address ..... again!
Fern garden?  Taking a page from the Harvey Weinstein playbook are you?  ;-)
they are very low maintenance, and I am a lazy gardener.
You ought too get yourself a tree fern or two.
don't want anything tall, climbing rose is it.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 17, 2017, 05:18:01 PM
Some of my favorites are Japanese Painted Ferns....there are a number of varieties.
the purple one looks nice.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 05:52:34 PM
Astros and Yankees tied 0-0 in the 3rd
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 07:10:11 PM
Astros and Yankees tied 0-0 in the 3rd
3-0 Astros in the 6th
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2017, 07:42:39 PM
Some of my favorites are Japanese Painted Ferns....there are a number of varieties.
the purple one looks nice.
Probably available at local nurseries, but available here for about $15...
https://www.waysidegardens.com/athyrium/c/GE_1003_37/
need to wait for the spring however.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2017, 08:43:21 PM
@ Mayor T - Thanks for checking on that WIFI security info yesterday.

This morning it has come out that the Pizza Hut app was compromised 2 weeks ago making another butt load of folks data available.
that's the nice thing about living in the NYC/NJ metro area.  You avoid chain pizzeria's
like the plague(Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's)! hello boys, big Dinwali lunch here at work.
Mmmmmm. There used to be a good Indian food truck nearby but they must have moved to a different corner.
Well isn't that interesting? Passed right by the truck on the corner of 40th and Park on my way home.
Sneak a peak at the ALCS score during class... I'm not upset.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2017, 09:33:25 PM
@ Mayor T - Thanks for checking on that WIFI security info yesterday.

This morning it has come out that the Pizza Hut app was compromised 2 weeks ago making another butt load of folks data available.
that's the nice thing about living in the NYC/NJ metro area.  You avoid chain pizzeria's
like the plague(Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's)! hello boys, big Dinwali lunch here at work.
Mmmmmm. There used to be a good Indian food truck nearby but they must have moved to a different corner.
Well isn't that interesting? Passed right by the truck on the corner of 40th and Park on my way home.
Sneak a peak at the ALCS score during class... I'm not upset.
And now you should be Happy!   Yankees won 6-4, Astros sucked again.
Title: Re: 10/17/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2017, 11:01:39 PM
@ Mayor T - Thanks for checking on that WIFI security info yesterday.

This morning it has come out that the Pizza Hut app was compromised 2 weeks ago making another butt load of folks data available.
that's the nice thing about living in the NYC/NJ metro area.  You avoid chain pizzeria's
like the plague(Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's)! hello boys, big Dinwali lunch here at work.
Mmmmmm. There used to be a good Indian food truck nearby but they must have moved to a different corner.
Well isn't that interesting? Passed right by the truck on the corner of 40th and Park on my way home.
Sneak a peak at the ALCS score during class... I'm not upset.
And now you should be Happy!   Yankees won 6-4, Astros sucked again.
Indeed.