« Reply #405 on: June 12, 2014, 12:20:09 PM »

And once again, the Hair of the Dog is a swing and a miss....
Now look what you did, promotion to a two ** congrats!
See how that works, embrace the suck of the 1 * and they give ya another! lol.
Don't worry, two is still pretty sucky
Oh, and since I forgot to reply to this earlier......fuh cough..
Couple things you may want to look for next time you're at the B&M (or looking to buy online...) as I said before, Nica Rustica, if you like Camacho/Room 101 look for Namakubi, Masters (one or two), San Andres, Headley Grange by Crowned Heads, La Palina Goldie or Mr. Sam, a number of new Tatuajes, Pinolero, Oval, Mayimbe and San Lotano by AJ Fernandez, Casa Fernandez, San Cristobal Revelation for a few, and if you want to try something really different, there are three cigars out there using pipe tobacco for a very different flavor profile, Leccia Black, AJF Specter (CI exclusive) and MUWAT KFC (Drew Estates Kentucky Fire Cured)
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #406 on: June 12, 2014, 12:20:15 PM »

Morning, amigos.  Took the day off today, as I'm running behind preparing for tomorrow night's gig.  Is that Officer Cam I see?
<><>It sure isn't, you must be mistaken!  What gig ya preparing for?
It's a two-fer.  First, I have to officiate my dad's wedding.  Then the Hubcaps play at his reception.  Got a surprise planned for his father-daughter dance with my sister.  Gonna make her cry.  But I have to learn the song.  That's today's priority.

I love the Hubcaps!  Sike, never heard of them.  Morning, Bret.  What's the surprise? That you're playing it?

« Reply #407 on: June 12, 2014, 12:20:43 PM »

Morning, amigos.  Took the day off today, as I'm running behind preparing for tomorrow night's gig.  Is that Officer Cam I see?
Fuggin pigs! Morning/Afternoon Raz
Geeze, Shaun...you're just askin' for a cavity search, aren't you?
I got the double search when I went to visit MWeber...going and coming back...ugh!

« Reply #408 on: June 12, 2014, 12:21:05 PM »

Cam, what have you been smoking?  Give us an idea of what newer stuff to suggest.  One that comes to mind is Drew's Nica Rustica.
I haven't been smoking much.  Probably a cigar a week or less.  The Luchador, Camacho Ecuador, Room 101 Payback and Tattoo (which was very meh, IMO) are the only things that are new that I have tried.  They all came from the B&M.
How was the Room 101 Payback?
It left something to be desired IMO.  Was a good smoke for the price, but not what I have come to expect from Room 101. I am going to give it another shot on Saturday as a first cigar to see if it changes my mind at all.  I'll be sure and let ya know a bit more when it is more fresh on the mind.
That's what I was afraid of, their stuff has been so good why put out a bargain smoke that's average? Tattoo also for that matter but at least he admitted it was to keep the pattent

Yeah, the Tattoo is a dud.  Hate to speak from just one bad experience but you can usually tell right away if a cigar is great or has potential to be great.  I can only think of a small amount of cigars that I didn't think much of at first but loved a year or two down the road, but they were at least OK to begin with.

I can't think of any cigars I've thought were total turds that I enjoyed years down the road after some down time.
Great, and I bought a fiver of them.  Oh, well.

« Reply #409 on: June 12, 2014, 12:21:53 PM »

[...]

Well both guys have track records of such high quality stuff that they just don't seem good at the value end. It's probably expectation, if Room 101 started with the Payback (diff name obviously) and moved up to the current offerings we'd think they were great and making natural progress. Same with PJ, but going in reverse trying to capture the value market doesn't really work

« Reply #410 on: June 12, 2014, 12:22:55 PM »

[...]
I agree, even the guy at the B&M told me it was good for the price, but would not live up to a Room 101 cigar.  I am lucky that our B&M owner is a legit guy.  He has steered me away from many smokes telling me they are not worth what he has to charge for them.  I later tried some of them from samplers and online buys and was glad I did not pay B&M prices for them.
Sounds like a good dude, that's what we have Joe and Dave for :-)

Ha, just Dave.  I think he and I have similar tastes. In fact, I'm just gonna copy and paste his reviews from now on and not smoke anything myself.  I'll save a ton of money!
Yea, that will happen.  I just have to gift you one...

« Reply #411 on: June 12, 2014, 12:23:51 PM »

Morning, amigos.  Took the day off today, as I'm running behind preparing for tomorrow night's gig.  Is that Officer Cam I see?
Fuggin pigs! Morning/Afternoon Raz
Geeze, Shaun...you're just askin' for a cavity search, aren't you?
I got the double search when I went to visit MWeber...going and coming back...ugh!
Geez, sounds strict. Imagine what he does to visitors he doesn't know!

« Reply #412 on: June 12, 2014, 12:24:12 PM »

Morning, amigos.  Took the day off today, as I'm running behind preparing for tomorrow night's gig.  Is that Officer Cam I see?
Fuggin pigs! Morning/Afternoon Raz
Geeze, Shaun...you're just askin' for a cavity search, aren't you?
Two stars aren't known for their social grace.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #413 on: June 12, 2014, 12:24:58 PM »

[...]

Well, I think part of the negativity - at least from me - is from expecting too much from it.  I wanted it to be as good as Illusione's "value" (B&M pricing standards, of course) offering, the Rothchildes, but it was not.  That cigar smokes well above it's price point.  The Tattoo is about what I'd expect from one of the cheaper cigars in a shop's humidor.  It wasn't TERRIBLE, but I don't think it was as good as the other lower priced offerings under the Tatuaje brand.  I'd rather the Havana VI.

« Reply #414 on: June 12, 2014, 12:25:15 PM »

Morning, amigos.  Took the day off today, as I'm running behind preparing for tomorrow night's gig.  Is that Officer Cam I see?
Fuggin pigs! Morning/Afternoon Raz
Geeze, Shaun...you're just askin' for a cavity search, aren't you?
I got the double search when I went to visit MWeber...going and coming back...ugh!
Geez, sounds strict. Imagine what he does to visitors he doesn't know!
Worst part, coming back was the 6am flight...not into getting fucked with at 6am unless it's my wife.

« Reply #415 on: June 12, 2014, 12:25:48 PM »

Morning, amigos.  Took the day off today, as I'm running behind preparing for tomorrow night's gig.  Is that Officer Cam I see?
Fuggin pigs! Morning/Afternoon Raz
Geeze, Shaun...you're just askin' for a cavity search, aren't you?
Two stars aren't known for their social grace.
There is a reason I'm not a 5star-FoundingMember...
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #416 on: June 12, 2014, 12:26:13 PM »

Well both guys have track records of such high quality stuff that they just don't seem good at the value end. It's probably expectation, if Room 101 started with the Payback (diff name obviously) and moved up to the current offerings we'd think they were great and making natural progress. Same with PJ, but going in reverse trying to capture the value market doesn't really work

Ha, just said the same thing, basically. Expectations were to high from me.

« Reply #417 on: June 12, 2014, 12:28:23 PM »

Morning, amigos.  Took the day off today, as I'm running behind preparing for tomorrow night's gig.  Is that Officer Cam I see?
Fuggin pigs! Morning/Afternoon Raz
Geeze, Shaun...you're just askin' for a cavity search, aren't you?
Two stars aren't known for their social grace.
There is a reason I'm not a 5star-FoundingMember...
Many reasons!

« Reply #418 on: June 12, 2014, 12:28:25 PM »

Well both guys have track records of such high quality stuff that they just don't seem good at the value end. It's probably expectation, if Room 101 started with the Payback (diff name obviously) and moved up to the current offerings we'd think they were great and making natural progress. Same with PJ, but going in reverse trying to capture the value market doesn't really work

Ha, just said the same thing, basically. Expectations were to high from me.
You figured it out! 6stars fo u!

« Reply #419 on: June 12, 2014, 12:28:49 PM »

Morning, amigos.  Took the day off today, as I'm running behind preparing for tomorrow night's gig.  Is that Officer Cam I see?
Fuggin pigs! Morning/Afternoon Raz
Geeze, Shaun...you're just askin' for a cavity search, aren't you?
Two stars aren't known for their social grace.
There is a reason I'm not a 5star-FoundingMember...
Many reasons!
I had that typed and changed it, couldn't be that hard on myself.