Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2018, 07:41:37 AM »

Time to get another week started.
Yup. And only 361 days until the next CF weekend.
Amen to that. Morning, Mayor.
I'm glad to see you made it home OK. How late was Nate in picking you up on Thursday?
I texted him when I got up, making sure he was up. He said he had to stick with tradition and was running late. Then he showed up to my door 2 minutes before 5, he was just fucking with me. He's lucky I wasn't in the middle of a pre-drive dump or something.
I guess I sort of asked for details, didn't I?
Sheesh.
It was only the dump part I was objecting to.

I wound up being an hour late to pick up Charlie on Saturday.
I said he's lucky I WASN'T in the middle of it.

So in reality, you were like 30 minutes early?
In all fairness, I received a last minute text from Brad asking for lettuce and limes, causing me to go back to the market.

Re: Вопрос по тем
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2018, 07:49:47 AM »

Вопрос не совсем в тему, или совсем не в тему, может кто подскажет где можно взять wordpress шаблон для новостного сайта, уже пол нета перерыл, один головняк.
Welcome, don't forget separators!

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2018, 08:04:14 AM »

Вопрос не совсем в тему, или совсем не в тему, может кто подскажет где можно взять wordpress шаблон для новостного сайта, уже пол нета перерыл, один головняк.
Welcome, don't forget separators!
LMFAO! See what happens when we don't use the banter? The dang Russians take over! #CigarComrades

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2018, 08:13:23 AM »

Вопрос не совсем в тему, или совсем не в тему, может кто подскажет где можно взять wordpress шаблон для новостного сайта, уже пол нета перерыл, один головняк.
Welcome, don't forget separators!
LMFAO! See what happens when we don't use the banter? The dang Russians take over! #CigarComrades
The Russian takeover continues. I wonder who they have a pee tape of this time. #ReallyRealNews

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2018, 08:59:57 AM »

Вопрос не совсем в тему, или совсем не в тему, может кто подскажет где можно взять wordpress шаблон для новостного сайта, уже пол нета перерыл, один головняк.
Welcome, don't forget separators!
LMFAO! See what happens when we don't use the banter? The dang Russians take over! #CigarComrades
The Russian takeover continues. I wonder who they have a pee tape of this time. #ReallyRealNews
It wasn't pee dammit! Clearly, she was a squirter.

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2018, 09:03:39 AM »

good morning and Happy Monday.
boring weekend, paperwork and business meetings. off to Jacksonville for another business meeting to enlist assistance with an event I'm putting on in July.
cigars and coffee packed. enjoy the day.
And a visit with your Jacksonville friend?

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2018, 09:06:26 AM »

Вопрос не совсем в тему, или совсем не в тему, может кто подскажет где можно взять wordpress шаблон для новостного сайта, уже пол нета перерыл, один головняк.
Welcome, don't forget separators!
LMFAO! See what happens when we don't use the banter? The dang Russians take over! #CigarComrades
The Russian takeover continues. I wonder who they have a pee tape of this time. #ReallyRealNews
It wasn't pee dammit! Clearly, she was a squirter.
Oh, that's OK then.... ::)

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2018, 09:08:08 AM »

Late night arrival, slow getting started this AM.

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2018, 09:23:29 AM »

Late night arrival, slow getting started this AM.
You need some wake-up chowda.

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2018, 09:28:34 AM »

Late night arrival, slow getting started this AM.
You need some wake-up chowda.
But Nate is back in Ohio.....

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2018, 09:36:22 AM »

2015

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has been implicated in DeflateGate, the scandal in which footballs used by the team were found to be below regulation pressure; Brady's father, Tom Brady, Sr., states that his son was framed

2014

Russian president Vladimir Putin bans cursing in creative works and media outlets, with fines on individuals and companies for using bad language; the stated purpose of the law is to protect Russian language and culture

The London police force begins a pilot program using body cameras to record behavior and document evidence during responses to incidents

2013

The Reserve Bank of Australia reduces its benchmark interest rate to 2.75% from 3.00%
A new study reports that all Europeans are related to a small group of ancestors dating back only 1,000 years; researchers believe it's likely that everyone in the world is related over the past few thousand years

2012

Romania's USL, or Social-Liberal Union Leader, Victor Ponta, becomes Prime Minister of Romania
Russia swears in Vladimir Putin for his third, six-year term as President

2011

Thousands of homes are ordered evacuated as the Spring 2011 Mississippi River Floods continue
In Singapore, two cabinet ministers, George Yeo and Li Hwee Hua, become the highest ranking ministers to be unseated in a general election since 1963

2010

Abdul Tejan-Cole, head of Sierra Leone's anti-Corruption Commission, resigns

2005

The Huffington Post weblog makes it's debut

2002

China Northern Airlines flight 6163 crashes in the ocean near Dalian, China after a fire is reported onboard, killing 112

1997

Expos scores 13 in 6th at Giants
Galileo, 4th Ganymede Flyby (Orbit 8)

1995

"On the Waterfront" closes at Atkinson Theater New York City after 8 performances
Jacques Chirac wins French presidential election
Michelle McGann wins LPGA Sara Lee Golf Classic
Twins beat Indians 10-9 in 17 innings, 6 hours and 36 minutes

1994

120th Kentucky Derby: Chris McCarron on Go For Gin wins in 2:03.6
Denver Nuggets become NBA's 1st #8 seed to beat a #1 seed (Seattle)
Edvard Munchs painting "The Scream" recovered 3 months after stolen
Gary Hart's girlfriend Donna Rice (36) weds Jack Hughes (42)
Matlock actor Daniel Roebuck (30) weds Kelly Durst (24)

1993

South Africa agrees to multi-racial elections

1992

5 New York City cops arrested in Hauppauge Long Island for selling cocaine
Constitutional amendment barring mid-term congressional raises passes
Jockey Angel Cordero retires after winning over 7,000 horse races
U.S. space shuttle STS-49 launched (maiden voyage of Endeavour)

1991

France performs nuclear test at Muruora Island
Haryana beat Bombay in the Ranji Cricket Trophy final by 2 runs

1989

Juli Inkster wins LPGA Crestar Golf Classic
Mark Merrony (Wales) cycles for 30 minutes in Nepal at 21,030 feet
Panamanian voters reject dictator Manuel Noriega's bid for presidency

1988

114th Kentucky Derby: Gary Stevens on Winning Colors wins in 2:02.2
U.S.S.R. performs nuclear test at Novaya Zemlya U.S.S.R.

1987

105 degrees F in Sacramento, California
Diane Chambers' (Shelley Long) final episode on Cheers

1986

Bucharest wins 31st Europe Cup I
Phillies outfielder Garry Maddox, retires

1984

$180m out-of-court settlement reached in Agent Orange suit
Sharon Barrett wins LPGA Potamkin Cadillac Golf Classic

1983

109th Kentucky Derby: Ed Delahoussaye on Sunny's Halo wins in 2:02.2
August Hoffman performs record 29,051 consecutive sit-ups
Bruins 4-Isles 8-Wales Conference Championship-Isles win series 4-2

1982

"Is There Life after High School?" opens at Barrymore New York City for 12 performances
Federal jury rules NFL violates antitrust laws in preventing
IBM releases PC-DOS version 1.1
Oakland Raiders to move to Los Angeles
U.S. performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site

1980

Josip Tito, Yugoslav president, buried
Samm-Art Williams' "Home," premieres in New York City

1979

5th UNCTAD-conference opens in Manila
Gary Roenicke hits into Orioles 13th triple play (Oakland)

1977

"Happy End" opens at Martin Beck Theater New York City for 75 performances
103rd Kentucky Derby: Jean Cruguet on Seattle Slew wins in 2:02.2

1975

Flyers 3-Isles 4 (OT)-Semifinals-Flyers hold 3-1 lead
President Ford declares an end to "Vietnam Era"
Small Astronomy Satellite Explorer 53 launched to study X-rays

1974

Pulitzer prize awarded to Robert Lowell (Dolphin)

1973

Pulitzer prize awarded to Eudora Welty (Optimist's Daughter)

1972

26th NBA Championship: Los Angeles Lakers beat New York Knicks, 4 games to 1

Betty Burfeindt wins Sealy LPGA Golf Classic

1970

"Long and Winding Road" becomes Beatles' last American release

1969

2nd ABA championship: Oakland Oaks beat Indiana Pacers, 4 games to 1
Robert E. Cushman, Jr., becomes deputy director of CIA

1967

Carol Mann wins LPGA Tall City Golf Open

1966

92nd Kentucky Derby: Donald Brumfield aboard Kauai King wins in 2:02
Mamas and Papas "Monday Monday" hits #1
Yankees fire manager Johnny Keene

1965

WAOW TV channel 9 in Wausau, Wisconsin (ABC) begins broadcasting

1963

Bruno Sammartino becomes WWF champ
SETC Telstar 2 launched (apogee 6,700 miles (10,800 km))

1962

Pulitzer prize awarded to Theodore H White (Making of President 1960)
U.S. performs atmospheric nuclear test at Christmas Island

1961

"Young Abe Lincoln" closes at Eugene O'Neill New York City after 27 performances
Ruth Jessen wins LPGA Peach Blossom Golf Open

1960

"Christine" closes at 46th St. Theater New York City after 12 performances
"Flower Drum Song" closes at St. James Theater New York City after 602 performances
"From A to Z" closes at Plymouth Theater New York City after 21 performances
86th Kentucky Derby: Bill Hartack on Venetian Way wins in 2:02.4
Dodgers Larry and Norm Sherry are baseball's 10th brother battery
Los Angeles Dodger Norm Sherry's 11th home run wins the game for brother Larry
Leonid Brezhnev replaces Kliment Voroshilov as President of U.S.S.R.
Michael Tal beats Botvinnik 12 -8 for world chess championship
U.S.S.R. announces Francis Gary Powers confessed to being a CIA spy

1958

Howard Johnson sets aircraft altitude record in F-104, 27,810 m

1957

Indians' pitcher Herb Score is hit by a line drive off Gil McDougald

Major Johnson, USAAF flies a Lockheed Starfight to 17.28 miles (27.8 K)

1956

Battle at Oran, Algeria, kills 300
New York Giant Bill White, homers in his 1st at bat
Pulitzer prize awarded to Frances Goodrich and Albert Hackett

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2018, 09:37:26 AM »

1429 English siege of Orleans broken by Joan of Arc and the French army
1912 Columbia University approves plans for awarding the Pulitzer Prize in several categories, after established by Joseph Pulitzer
1915 RMS Lusitania sunk by German submarine off the southern coast of Ireland; 1198 lives lost
1939 Germany and Italy announce an alliance known as the Rome-Berlin Axis
1945 World War II: Unconditional German surrender to the Allies signed by General Alfred Jodl at Rheims
1952 The concept of the integrated circuit, the basis for all modern computers, is first published by Geoffrey Dummer
2017 Emmanuel Macron wins France's presidential election defeating Marine Le Pen

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2018, 09:39:54 AM »

Late night arrival, slow getting started this AM.
You need some wake-up chowda.
But Nate is back in Ohio.....
Probably still has my lighter, too.

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2018, 09:43:56 AM »

Today is Monday, May 7, the 127th day of 2018. There are 238 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On May 7, 1915, a German U-boat torpedoed and sank the British liner RMS Lusitania off the southern coast of Ireland, killing 1,198 people, including 128 Americans, out of the nearly 2,000 on board.

On this date:

In A.D. 558, the original main dome of the Hagia Sophia in Constantinople completely collapsed during an earthquake; Emperor Justinian I ordered that the structure be rebuilt.

In 1763, Pontiac, chief of the Ottawa Indians, attempted to lead a sneak attack on British-held Fort Detroit, but was foiled because the British had been tipped off in advance.

In 1789, America's first inaugural ball was held in New York in honor of President George Washington, who had taken the oath of office a week earlier.

In 1824, Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 in D minor, Op. 125, had its premiere in Vienna.

In 1939, Germany and Italy announced a military and political alliance known as the Rome-Berlin Axis.

In 1942, U.S. Army Lt. Gen. Jonathan Wainwright went on a Manila radio station to announce the Allies' surrender of the Philippines to Japanese forces during World War II.

In 1945, Germany signed an unconditional surrender at Allied headquarters in Rheims (rams), France, ending its role in World War II.

In 1954, the 55-day Battle of Dien Bien Phu in Vietnam ended with Vietnamese insurgents overrunning French forces.

In 1963, the United States launched the Telstar 2 communications satellite.

In 1975, President Gerald R. Ford formally declared an end to the "Vietnam era." In Ho Chi Minh City - formerly Saigon - the Viet Cong celebrated its takeover.

In 1984, a $180 million out-of-court settlement was announced in the Agent Orange class-action suit brought by Vietnam veterans who said they'd been injured by exposure to the defoliant.

In 1998, the parent company of Mercedes-Benz agreed to buy Chrysler Corp. for more than $37 billion. Londoners voted overwhelmingly to elect their own mayor for the first time in history. (In May 2000, Ken Livingstone was elected.)

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2018, 09:44:16 AM »

Ten years ago: President George W. Bush, addressing the Council of the Americas, said Cuba's post-Fidel Castro leadership had made only "empty gestures at reform" as he rejected calls for easing U.S. restrictions on the communist island. Dmitry Medvedev (dih-MEE'-tree med-VYEH'-dyev) was sworn in as Russia's president, succeeding Vladimir Putin (POO'-tihn).

Five years ago: President Barack Obama and South Korea's new leader, Park Geun-hye (goon-hay), met at the White House, where they projected a united front as they warned North Korea against further nuclear provocations. Twenty-four people were killed by a gas tanker-truck explosion on the outskirts of Mexico City. The Dow Jones industrial average closed above 15,000 for the first time, ending the day at 15,056.20, up 87.31 points. Movie special effects wizard Ray Harryhausen, 92, died in London.

One year ago: French voters elected independent centrist Emmanuel Macron, 39, as the country's youngest president, delivering a resounding victory to the pro-European former investment banker and dashing the populist dream of far-right rival Marine Le Pen. Former President Barack Obama briefly returned to the spotlight as he accepted the annual John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award at the JFK presidential library in Boston.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5