CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: 9/24/2021  (Read 4224 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 9/24/2021
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2021, 03:14:07 PM »

Hey Raz. I've been taking a lot of interest in reading the bible in the past year. So much has been revealed to me that I really think we wouldn't have half the problems in this world if others took the same leap of faith.
I can make it almost absurdly simple. The perfect society, and indeed the perfect existence, is one in which everyone looks first to the interest of everyone else rather than their own interests. In this way, the interest of everyone in the society is accounted for. This was inherent in the teaching of Jesus, but as Jesus pointed out can only be realized on the basis of utter faith in God, because so long as there is the fear of outrageous fortune, humans will exercise their instinct for self-preservation and aggrandizement to at least some degree. Short of utter faith, only compromise can be achieved, and that society will be best, and freest, that most faithully implements the compromises that support the inherent value of humans.
This is getting real deep.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2021, 03:16:26 PM »

Chores done, time to start the weekend.
That's a good one. It is quite beautiful out right now but I didn't get the chance to go out and smoke one of my newly acquired cigars. I still have work to finish but let's see what the rest of the day will bring.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2021, 03:20:03 PM »

Hey Raz. I've been taking a lot of interest in reading the bible in the past year. So much has been revealed to me that I really think we wouldn't have half the problems in this world if others took the same leap of faith.
I can make it almost absurdly simple. The perfect society, and indeed the perfect existence, is one in which everyone looks first to the interest of everyone else rather than their own interests. In this way, the interest of everyone in the society is accounted for. This was inherent in the teaching of Jesus, but as Jesus pointed out can only be realized on the basis of utter faith in God, because so long as there is the fear of outrageous fortune, humans will exercise their instinct for self-preservation and aggrandizement to at least some degree. Short of utter faith, only compromise can be achieved, and that society will be best, and freest, that most faithully implements the compromises that support the inherent value of humans.
And this is the root of all the disorder in the US at this time. Fear, anger, and self-justification rule the day. Some are desirous that the levers of government be utilized to quell the fear, others fear the levers of government. But the truth is, the government cannot solve the problem, because the only tools government ever has are bribery, theft, and intimidation. And these can only produce fear.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2021, 03:40:14 PM »

Looks like most of the regulars, but as Figurado Friday at the Page.

https://www.cigarpage.com/fig-friyay-smorgasbord.html?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CP-K1-20210924Fr3-Bonus-Figurado-Friday%20%28TkAUnV%29&_kx=UZ_6vHujP57Wr0MyluIPwdz7Bu2MIBI8VGhCqdvZQ74%3D.MwExHP
I think Rick was asking about to Victor Calvos. I don't believe they have anything to do with Victor Sinclair. I believe they are part of Cuenca Cigars.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2021, 04:08:25 PM »

Looks like most of the regulars, but as Figurado Friday at the Page.

https://www.cigarpage.com/fig-friyay-smorgasbord.html?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CP-K1-20210924Fr3-Bonus-Figurado-Friday%20%28TkAUnV%29&_kx=UZ_6vHujP57Wr0MyluIPwdz7Bu2MIBI8VGhCqdvZQ74%3D.MwExHP
I think Rick was asking about to Victor Calvos. I don't believe they have anything to do with Victor Sinclair. I believe they are part of Cuenca Cigars.
I was curious. Not sure I would try a Calvo but even the bands looked similar and not much can be found on them.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2021, 04:11:51 PM »

That's a good one. It is quite beautiful out right now but I didn't get the chance to go out and smoke one of my newly acquired cigars. I still have work to finish but let's see what the rest of the day will bring.
Tony I honestly don't know what cigars you are partial to. Hopefully you can find one that you have never had before or been a while since you've enjoyed. I enjoy all of the ones I sent and have had them many times. Shopping must be difficult for you?

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2021, 04:39:49 PM »

Tony I honestly don't know what cigars you are partial to. Hopefully you can find one that you have never had before or been a while since you've enjoyed. I enjoy all of the ones I sent and have had them many times. Shopping must be difficult for you?
People shopping for you.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #98 on: September 24, 2021, 04:48:14 PM »

People shopping for you.
I'm easy. I'll smoke anything. But seriously, even the the cigars out of that bunch that I have tried, not in that size. Looking forward to trying the La Galera in the corona, for example. Also haven't tried that Onyx yet and I've been wanting to. Also very curious about the Diesel. In a nutshell, you did really well. Thank you.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2021, 04:53:15 PM »

People shopping for you.
I'm easy. I'll smoke anything. But seriously, even the the cigars out of that bunch that I have tried, not in that size. Looking forward to trying the La Galera in the corona, for example. Also haven't tried that Onyx yet and I've been wanting to. Also very curious about the Diesel. In a nutshell, you did really well. Thank you.
I am glad you are happy. I really like that Romeo San Andreas too. That cigar has a bit more natural sweetness where as the Onyx I do find a bit bold but in a good way.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2021, 04:54:21 PM »

Still one of Rocky's finest.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2021, 06:31:44 PM »

dessert.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2021, 06:33:17 PM »

@Rick.
did you see my post about your 'mechanicals'? did you get everything installed and working okay?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2021, 07:33:00 PM »

dessert.
That looks rather nice. Enjoy your chocolate bar, Deano.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2021, 07:33:41 PM »

@Rick.
did you see my post about your 'mechanicals'? did you get everything installed and working okay?
I'm pretty sure he was going to take a week off, maybe in October, to take care of that.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8