CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: 9/17/2021  (Read 2561 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 9/17/2021
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2021, 02:17:01 PM »

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2021, 02:17:35 PM »

Speaking of new, Rick, how was that Diesel Sunday Gravy?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2021, 02:20:58 PM »

ha:
razgueado: one or several right hand's fingers slide along the strings to play chords in a rhythmic manner.
That makes you one of two people who ever figured out my handle without my having to explain it.  The other was James Nash, a friend of mine who writes for Guitar Player magazine. 

In this video, James is the long-haired guy on the left.
https://youtu.be/Rq6Oe4VNpU8
nice. I'm partial to the fiddle.
That's Wayne "Chojo" Jacques.  He's the best fiddler no one's ever heard of.  Absolutely amazing player, with a wicked sense of humor once you get to know him.  Until you get to know him, though, he can seem like a cantankerous asshole, which has probably limited his career.  He is genetically incapable of "making nice." 

I produced a concert of theirs at my dad's church.  I came around the back of the building carrying a six-pack of beer after sound check in time to see him light up a joint.  He saw me and quickly extinguished it.  I opened a beer and handed it to him. I lit up a cigarette and opened a beer myself.  "You ever heard how the ancient Hebrews burned incense in their temple in Jerusalem?" I asked.  "According to archaeologists, at least some of it was ganja. Swear to God."  He laughed.  I said, "So you didn't have to hide what you were smoking."

"I wasn't hiding it."  he said, taking a swig of beer.  "I just wasn't gonna share."  We got along famously after that, or at least as famously as Chojo gets along with anybody.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2021, 02:36:28 PM »

Opened a box of Warped Futuro's.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2021, 03:30:07 PM »

ha:
razgueado: one or several right hand's fingers slide along the strings to play chords in a rhythmic manner.
That makes you one of two people who ever figured out my handle without my having to explain it.  The other was James Nash, a friend of mine who writes for Guitar Player magazine. 

In this video, James is the long-haired guy on the left.
https://youtu.be/Rq6Oe4VNpU8
nice. I'm partial to the fiddle.
That's Wayne "Chojo" Jacques.  He's the best fiddler no one's ever heard of.  Absolutely amazing player, with a wicked sense of humor once you get to know him.  Until you get to know him, though, he can seem like a cantankerous asshole, which has probably limited his career.  He is genetically incapable of "making nice." 

I produced a concert of theirs at my dad's church.  I came around the back of the building carrying a six-pack of beer after sound check in time to see him light up a joint.  He saw me and quickly extinguished it.  I opened a beer and handed it to him. I lit up a cigarette and opened a beer myself.  "You ever heard how the ancient Hebrews burned incense in their temple in Jerusalem?" I asked.  "According to archaeologists, at least some of it was ganja. Swear to God."  He laughed.  I said, "So you didn't have to hide what you were smoking."

"I wasn't hiding it."  he said, taking a swig of beer.  "I just wasn't gonna share."  We got along famously after that, or at least as famously as Chojo gets along with anybody.
nothing like the 60's were. 😂

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2021, 04:46:04 PM »

I said goodbye to a faithful servant today. I bought a 1994 Nissan Maxima in May of 2000, weeks before my youngest son Connor was born, because it was going to be impossible to fit myself, the wife, and two car seats in the seat of my pickup. That car became the best car I've ever owned, and it was Connor's ride for the past four years. It never left me or my family stranded, ever, and delivered Connor safely home from Ellensburg, despite being on its last legs and struggling mightily, to accompany me on our recent trip to Bend. If it's possible to owe a debt of gratitude to an inanimate object, I owe that damned car. May God bless its torquey, single overhead-cam, injected little heart on its journey to its rest.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2021, 05:55:59 PM »

I said goodbye to a faithful servant today. I bought a 1994 Nissan Maxima in May of 2000, weeks before my youngest son Connor was born, because it was going to be impossible to fit myself, the wife, and two car seats in the seat of my pickup. That car became the best car I've ever owned, and it was Connor's ride for the past four years. It never left me or my family stranded, ever, and delivered Connor safely home from Ellensburg, despite being on its last legs and struggling mightily, to accompany me on our recent trip to Bend. If it's possible to owe a debt of gratitude to an inanimate object, I owe that damned car. May God bless its torquey, single overhead-cam, injected little heart on its journey to its rest.
I've never owned a car that long. I think 11-12 years was the longest. Curious to hear how many miles were on it?

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2021, 06:13:30 PM »

Speaking of new, Rick, how was that Diesel Sunday Gravy?
Good cigar. Good tobacco flavor throughout.... no big transitions. Nice bit of vitamin N...  Esteli Puro  and Whisky row still better IMO

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2021, 06:18:12 PM »

I hit a  links style course this morning. I played pretty well. Took my son to dinner. Now at gym for a bit. Looking to see some cigar pics here if your smoking. I will be having a night cap.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2021, 06:24:33 PM »

I've never owned a car that long. I think 11-12 years was the longest. Curious to hear how many miles were on it?
There were 249k some-odd on the frame.  The engine was replaced in 2008.  It had blown a head gasket, and it was $800 cheaper to buy a used engine from Japan with 40,000 miles on it than than to replace the head gasket or buy a new car.  Go figure.  So the engine had maybe 100k on it. It was the electronics that were failing. 

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2021, 06:28:38 PM »

I put my foot in my mouth today. I was at post office and wish I could have reeled back what I said. When I asked what's inside I said tobacco. I'll hit up the other PO soon. I was trying to get something out quickly.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2021, 06:40:30 PM »

I hit a  links style course this morning. I played pretty well. Took my son to dinner. Now at gym for a bit. Looking to see some cigar pics here if your smoking. I will be having a night cap.
Sounds like fun. I need a course with a minimum of trees. Lol

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2021, 06:40:55 PM »

I'll have something fired up shortly after the kids go to bed.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2021, 06:55:39 PM »

I'll have something fired up shortly after the kids go to bed.
Cool Dave. I'm thinking Maduro maybe.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2021, 06:59:53 PM »

Sounds like fun. I need a course with a minimum of trees. Lol
https://arrowheadwny.com/

I actually have no shortage of courses within a short drive here.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6