CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on September 17, 2021, 12:04:21 AM

Title: 9/17/2021
Post by: CigarBanter on September 17, 2021, 12:04:21 AM
It's Friday! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 17, 2021, 12:45:42 AM
JoeCigar:

Ave Maria Knights Templar (6.0"x48) - 10 / $37.50
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 17, 2021, 12:50:05 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - Gurkha Symphony Toro (6.0"x50)) - 10 / $39.99

Door #2 - Cohiba Macassar Toro Grande (6.0"x54) - 10 / $59.99

Door #3 - Davidoff Nicaragua Diadema (Salomon) (6.5"x50) - 4 / $86.75
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 17, 2021, 12:55:37 AM

Cigar.com:

Door #3 - Davidoff Nicaragua Diadema (Salomon) (6.5"x50) - 4 / $86.75

Did they really just take a nickel off the price and figure these a-holes will pay $20+ for this cigar?
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 17, 2021, 06:03:31 AM
Fri-yay!!!
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 17, 2021, 06:50:15 AM
I hope the toilet plunging I started the day with isn't an indication of what the rest of the day will be like.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 17, 2021, 07:52:58 AM
I hope the toilet plunging I started the day with isn't an indication of what the rest of the day will be like.
LALTS
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 17, 2021, 07:53:17 AM

Cigar.com:

Door #3 - Davidoff Nicaragua Diadema (Salomon) (6.5"x50) - 4 / $86.75

Did they really just take a nickel off the price and figure these a-holes will pay $20+ for this cigar?
"There's a sucker born every minute."
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 17, 2021, 07:54:00 AM
Morning, Tony. Logged in today for a few hours. Hopefully back to a regular looking work week next week. Next week's paycheck will be the first in well over a year without any OT in it.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 17, 2021, 08:09:45 AM
good morning Tony and Dave.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 17, 2021, 08:13:26 AM
I hope the toilet plunging I started the day with isn't an indication of what the rest of the day will be like.
hopefully the rest of the day will run smoothly now.
same problem here. I am plunging the widow's toilet at least once a week. our TP consumption has at least tripled since she moved in. only a matter of time before the septic needs pumping. women.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 17, 2021, 08:40:56 AM
Morning, Tony. Logged in today for a few hours. Hopefully back to a regular looking work week next week. Next week's paycheck will be the first in well over a year without any OT in it.
Almost like a demotion.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 17, 2021, 08:41:15 AM
good morning Tony and Dave.
Good morning, Dean and Dave.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 17, 2021, 08:43:06 AM
I hope the toilet plunging I started the day with isn't an indication of what the rest of the day will be like.
hopefully the rest of the day will run smoothly now.
same problem here. I am plunging the widow's toilet at least once a week. our TP consumption has at least tripled since she moved in. only a matter of time before the septic needs pumping. women.
My son busted the toilet last night and didn't tell anyone. I found out the hard way early this morning.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 17, 2021, 09:02:20 AM
Morning, Tony. Logged in today for a few hours. Hopefully back to a regular looking work week next week. Next week's paycheck will be the first in well over a year without any OT in it.
Almost like a demotion.
Right? Gonna be nothing but bread and water here for 2 weeks.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 17, 2021, 09:02:38 AM
I hope the toilet plunging I started the day with isn't an indication of what the rest of the day will be like.
hopefully the rest of the day will run smoothly now.
same problem here. I am plunging the widow's toilet at least once a week. our TP consumption has at least tripled since she moved in. only a matter of time before the septic needs pumping. women.
My son busted the toilet last night and didn't tell anyone. I found out the hard way early this morning.
I feel that pain, my kids are notorious for clogging the toilet and not telling anyone.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 17, 2021, 09:12:41 AM
Morning, Tony. Logged in today for a few hours. Hopefully back to a regular looking work week next week. Next week's paycheck will be the first in well over a year without any OT in it.
Almost like a demotion.
Right? Gonna be nothing but bread and water here for 2 weeks.
They get treated better in prison.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 17, 2021, 09:20:49 AM
Morning, Tony. Logged in today for a few hours. Hopefully back to a regular looking work week next week. Next week's paycheck will be the first in well over a year without any OT in it.
Almost like a demotion.
Right? Gonna be nothing but bread and water here for 2 weeks.
They get treated better in prison.
The taxpayers are paying for them there!
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 17, 2021, 09:57:09 AM
I hope the toilet plunging I started the day with isn't an indication of what the rest of the day will be like.
hopefully the rest of the day will run smoothly now.
same problem here. I am plunging the widow's toilet at least once a week. our TP consumption has at least tripled since she moved in. only a matter of time before the septic needs pumping. women.
Um....and why can't the clogee do their own plunging?
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 17, 2021, 09:59:20 AM
I hope the toilet plunging I started the day with isn't an indication of what the rest of the day will be like.
hopefully the rest of the day will run smoothly now.
same problem here. I am plunging the widow's toilet at least once a week. our TP consumption has at least tripled since she moved in. only a matter of time before the septic needs pumping. women.
My son busted the toilet last night and didn't tell anyone. I found out the hard way early this morning.
Do they think nobody is going to notice?  Or maybe the repair fairy will magically fix it overnight?
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 17, 2021, 10:00:43 AM
I hope the toilet plunging I started the day with isn't an indication of what the rest of the day will be like.
hopefully the rest of the day will run smoothly now.
same problem here. I am plunging the widow's toilet at least once a week. our TP consumption has at least tripled since she moved in. only a matter of time before the septic needs pumping. women.
Um....and why can't the clogee do their own plunging?
exactly!
morning Dave.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 17, 2021, 10:02:04 AM
Morning BustedShitterTony, CloggedShitterDean and NoHotShitOTDave.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 17, 2021, 10:03:28 AM
I hope the toilet plunging I started the day with isn't an indication of what the rest of the day will be like.
hopefully the rest of the day will run smoothly now.
same problem here. I am plunging the widow's toilet at least once a week. our TP consumption has at least tripled since she moved in. only a matter of time before the septic needs pumping. women.
My son busted the toilet last night and didn't tell anyone. I found out the hard way early this morning.
Do they think nobody is going to notice?  Or maybe the repair fairy will magically fix it overnight?
Yes, I believe they think both things.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 17, 2021, 10:03:51 AM
Morning BustedShitterTony, CloggedShitterDean and NoHotShitOTDave.
Morning, NoShitterUpdateDave.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 17, 2021, 10:04:03 AM
I hope the toilet plunging I started the day with isn't an indication of what the rest of the day will be like.
hopefully the rest of the day will run smoothly now.
same problem here. I am plunging the widow's toilet at least once a week. our TP consumption has at least tripled since she moved in. only a matter of time before the septic needs pumping. women.
My son busted the toilet last night and didn't tell anyone. I found out the hard way early this morning.
I feel that pain, my kids are notorious for clogging the toilet and not telling anyone.
Maybe next time, just leave it.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 17, 2021, 10:09:43 AM
Today is Friday, Sept. 17, the 260th day of 2021.
There are 105 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Sept. 17, 1787, the Constitution of the United States was completed and signed by a majority of delegates attending the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia.

On this date:

In 1862, more than 3,600 men were killed in the Civil War Battle of Antietam (an-TEE’-tum) in Maryland.

In 1908, Lt. Thomas E. Selfridge of the U.S. Army Signal Corps became the first person to die in the crash of a powered aircraft, the Wright Flyer, at Fort Myer, Virginia, just outside Washington, D.C.

In 1937, the likeness of President Abraham Lincoln’s head was dedicated at Mount Rushmore.

In 1939, the Soviet Union invaded Poland during World War II, more than two weeks after Nazi Germany had launched its assault.

In 1944, during World War II, Allied paratroopers launched Operation Market Garden, landing behind German lines in the Netherlands. (After initial success, the Allies were beaten back by the Germans.)

In 1954, the novel “Lord of the Flies” by William Golding was first published by Faber & Faber of London.

In 1971, citing health reasons, Supreme Court Justice Hugo Black, 85, retired. (Black, who was succeeded by Lewis F. Powell Jr., died eight days after making his announcement.)

In 1978, after meeting at Camp David, Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin (men-AH’-kem BAY’-gihn) and Egyptian President Anwar Sadat signed a framework for a peace treaty.

In 1980, former Nicaraguan president Anastasio Somoza (suh-MOH’-sah) was assassinated in Paraguay.

In 1987, the city of Philadelphia, birthplace of the U.S. Constitution, threw a big party to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the historic document; in a speech at Independence Hall, President Ronald Reagan acclaimed the framing of the Constitution as a milestone “that would profoundly and forever alter not just these United States but the world.”

In 1994, Heather Whitestone of Alabama was crowned the first deaf Miss America.

In 2001, six days after 9/11, stock prices nosedived but stopped short of collapse in an emotional, flag-waving reopening of Wall Street; the Dow Jones industrial average ended the day down 684.81 at 8,920.70.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 17, 2021, 10:10:27 AM
Ten years ago: A demonstration calling itself Occupy Wall Street began in New York, prompting similar protests around the U.S. and the world. Charles H. Percy, 91, a Chicago businessman who became a U.S. senator and was once widely viewed as a top presidential contender, died in Washington.

Five years ago: A bomb explosion rocked Manhattan’s Chelsea neighborhood, injuring 30 people. (An Afghan-born U.S. citizen was convicted in the bombing and sentenced to life in prison.)

One year ago: At a drive-in campaign event in Pennsylvania, Democrat Joe Biden denounced President Donald Trump’s handling of the pandemic as “close to criminal.” Marking the 233rd anniversary of the signing of the Constitution, Trump downplayed the historical legacy of slavery in the United States and blasted efforts to address systemic racism as divisive. Firefighter Charles Morton, a member of an elite Hotshot crew, died while battling a blaze in the mountains east of Los Angeles; the fire was sparked when a couple used a device that was supposed to emit blue or pink smoke to reveal their baby’s gender. Rescuers on the Gulf Coast of Florida and Alabama used boats and high-water vehicles to reach people cut off by floodwaters in the aftermath of Hurricane Sally.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 17, 2021, 10:13:15 AM
Today’s Birthdays:
Sen. Charles E. Grassley, R-Iowa, is 88.
Retired Supreme Court Justice David H. Souter (SOO’-tur) is 82.
Singer LaMonte McLemore (The Fifth Dimension) is 86.
Retired U.S. Marine Gen. Anthony Zinni is 78.
Basketball Hall of Fame coach Phil Jackson is 76.
Singer Fee Waybill is 73.
Actor Cassandra Peterson (“Elvira, Mistress of the Dark”) is 70.
Comedian Rita Rudner is 68.
Director-actor Paul Feig is 59.
Movie director Baz Luhrmann is 59.
Singer BeBe Winans is 59.
TV personality/businessman Robert Herjavec (TV: “Shark Tank”) is 58.
Actor Kyle Chandler is 56.
Director-producer Bryan Singer is 56.
Rapper Doug E. Fresh is 55.
Actor Malik Yoba is 54.
Rock singer Anastacia is 53.
Actor Matthew Settle is 52.
Rapper Vin Rock (Naughty By Nature) is 51.
Actor-comedian Bobby Lee is 50.
Actor Felix Solis is 50.
R&B singer Marcus Sanders (Hi-Five) is 48.
Actor-singer Nona Gaye is 47.
Singer-actor Constantine Maroulis is 46.
NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson is 46.
Country singer-songwriter Stephen Cochran is 42.
Rock musician Chuck Comeau (Simple Plan) is 42.
Actor Billy Miller is 42.
Rock musician Jon Walker is 36.
NHL forward Alex Ovechkin (oh-VECH’-kin) is 36.
Actor Danielle Brooks is 32.
Gospel singer Jonathan McReynolds is 32.
Actor-singer Denyse Tontz is 27.
NHL center Auston Matthews is 24.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 17, 2021, 10:13:47 AM
Over/Under for today is 5
Raz Over/Under is 10
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 17, 2021, 10:15:12 AM
Did you get this one Tony?
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 17, 2021, 10:16:49 AM
I hope the toilet plunging I started the day with isn't an indication of what the rest of the day will be like.
hopefully the rest of the day will run smoothly now.
same problem here. I am plunging the widow's toilet at least once a week. our TP consumption has at least tripled since she moved in. only a matter of time before the septic needs pumping. women.
My son busted the toilet last night and didn't tell anyone. I found out the hard way early this morning.
I feel that pain, my kids are notorious for clogging the toilet and not telling anyone.
Maybe next time, just leave it.
I was hoping we would evolve in my lifetime and eliminate the need for toilets. I never saw Captain Kirk ask for a timeout to go take a shit. I don't have the stomach for plumbing. But I also don't have the wallet to afford someone else doing it. It's a dilemma.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 17, 2021, 10:21:58 AM
Did you get this one Tony?
I counted her as one of my 7 but I wouldn't have known her by the name Cassandra Peterson. So maybe we should call it 6 1/2?
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 17, 2021, 10:22:41 AM
Morning BustedShitterTony, CloggedShitterDean and NoHotShitOTDave.
Good morning, ClemsonDave.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 17, 2021, 10:24:26 AM
Did you get this one Tony?
I counted her as one of my 7 but I wouldn't have known her by the name Cassandra Peterson. So maybe we should call it 6 1/2?
Both names were given in the listing, so you can have full credit.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 17, 2021, 10:24:54 AM
Over/Under for today is 5
Raz Over/Under is 10
8
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 17, 2021, 10:25:13 AM
I hope the toilet plunging I started the day with isn't an indication of what the rest of the day will be like.
hopefully the rest of the day will run smoothly now.
same problem here. I am plunging the widow's toilet at least once a week. our TP consumption has at least tripled since she moved in. only a matter of time before the septic needs pumping. women.
My son busted the toilet last night and didn't tell anyone. I found out the hard way early this morning.
I feel that pain, my kids are notorious for clogging the toilet and not telling anyone.
Maybe next time, just leave it.
I was hoping we would evolve in my lifetime and eliminate the need for toilets. I never saw Captain Kirk ask for a timeout to go take a shit. I don't have the stomach for plumbing. But I also don't have the wallet to afford someone else doing it. It's a dilemma.
Well, there isn't a need for toilets...but your neighbors might not appreciate it.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 17, 2021, 10:28:59 AM
I hope the toilet plunging I started the day with isn't an indication of what the rest of the day will be like.
hopefully the rest of the day will run smoothly now.
same problem here. I am plunging the widow's toilet at least once a week. our TP consumption has at least tripled since she moved in. only a matter of time before the septic needs pumping. women.
My son busted the toilet last night and didn't tell anyone. I found out the hard way early this morning.
I feel that pain, my kids are notorious for clogging the toilet and not telling anyone.
I've got no-one else to blame it on....
....well one...everything is her fault... :P
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 17, 2021, 10:41:38 AM
I hope the toilet plunging I started the day with isn't an indication of what the rest of the day will be like.
hopefully the rest of the day will run smoothly now.
same problem here. I am plunging the widow's toilet at least once a week. our TP consumption has at least tripled since she moved in. only a matter of time before the septic needs pumping. women.
My son busted the toilet last night and didn't tell anyone. I found out the hard way early this morning.
I feel that pain, my kids are notorious for clogging the toilet and not telling anyone.
I've got no-one else to blame it on....
....well one...everything is her fault... :P
You can always blame Figment.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 17, 2021, 10:46:45 AM
I hope the toilet plunging I started the day with isn't an indication of what the rest of the day will be like.
hopefully the rest of the day will run smoothly now.
same problem here. I am plunging the widow's toilet at least once a week. our TP consumption has at least tripled since she moved in. only a matter of time before the septic needs pumping. women.
My son busted the toilet last night and didn't tell anyone. I found out the hard way early this morning.
I feel that pain, my kids are notorious for clogging the toilet and not telling anyone.
I've got no-one else to blame it on....
....well one...everything is her fault... :P
You can always blame Figment.
And everyone will stop thinking about the clog, cause they'll be so impressed he's been toilet trained.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 17, 2021, 10:53:57 AM
today's line up. starting with the Short Story.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 17, 2021, 11:06:25 AM
today's line up. starting with the Short Story.
That's a pretty solid lineup there.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 17, 2021, 11:14:46 AM
Time to call it, well, not a day, but a morning at least. Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 17, 2021, 11:21:13 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 17, 2021, 11:37:49 AM
Time to call it, well, not a day, but a morning at least. Hazzuh!
another time Dave.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 17, 2021, 11:40:13 AM
Morning, muchachos.
buenos días RazMan. es un día bastante bueno hasta ahora.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 17, 2021, 11:49:31 AM
ha:
razgueado: one or several right hand's fingers slide along the strings to play chords in a rhythmic manner.

Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 17, 2021, 12:06:36 PM
Over/Under for today is 5
Raz Over/Under is 10
9.  But this list had 7 borderline cases that I didn't count.  People whose resumes I could quote, but if you showed me a picture I wouldn't have been able to pull out their names.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 17, 2021, 12:10:50 PM
Morning, muchachos.
buenos días RazMan. es un día bastante bueno hasta ahora.
Que siga siendo así, rezo.  Igualmente, Deano.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 17, 2021, 12:13:50 PM
I hope the toilet plunging I started the day with isn't an indication of what the rest of the day will be like.
hopefully the rest of the day will run smoothly now.
same problem here. I am plunging the widow's toilet at least once a week. our TP consumption has at least tripled since she moved in. only a matter of time before the septic needs pumping. women.
My son busted the toilet last night and didn't tell anyone. I found out the hard way early this morning.
I feel that pain, my kids are notorious for clogging the toilet and not telling anyone.
I've got no-one else to blame it on....
....well one...everything is her fault... :P
You can always blame Figment.
Nah, wouldn't do that.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 17, 2021, 12:15:06 PM
today's line up. starting with the Short Story.
Another stellar lineup
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 17, 2021, 12:15:53 PM
Good Friday to you Mr. Raz.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 17, 2021, 12:18:42 PM
Morning, muchachos.
buenos días RazMan. es un día bastante bueno hasta ahora.
Que siga siendo así, rezo.  Igualmente, Deano.
me too.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 17, 2021, 12:19:29 PM
ha:
razgueado: one or several right hand's fingers slide along the strings to play chords in a rhythmic manner.
That makes you one of two people who ever figured out my handle without my having to explain it.  The other was James Nash, a friend of mine who writes for Guitar Player magazine.

In this video, James is the long-haired guy on the left.
https://youtu.be/Rq6Oe4VNpU8
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 17, 2021, 12:23:10 PM
Good Friday to you Mr. Raz.
Morning, TD.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 17, 2021, 12:26:34 PM
ha:
razgueado: one or several right hand's fingers slide along the strings to play chords in a rhythmic manner.
That makes you one of two people who ever figured out my handle without my having to explain it.  The other was James Nash, a friend of mine who writes for Guitar Player magazine.

In this video, James is the long-haired guy on the left.
https://youtu.be/Rq6Oe4VNpU8
And here's a lesson on rasgueados.  ;-)

https://youtu.be/w7BoZzaJOQM
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 17, 2021, 12:42:03 PM
Morning, muchachos.
buenos días RazMan. es un día bastante bueno hasta ahora.
Yeah, it started pretty shitty (literally) but I think it has shaped up.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 17, 2021, 12:44:51 PM
ha:
razgueado: one or several right hand's fingers slide along the strings to play chords in a rhythmic manner.
Ahhhh, never thought to look it up. I just assumed it was a name that Bret assumed along the way. This banter still teaches us new things on the daily.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 17, 2021, 01:35:37 PM
ha:
razgueado: one or several right hand's fingers slide along the strings to play chords in a rhythmic manner.
That makes you one of two people who ever figured out my handle without my having to explain it.  The other was James Nash, a friend of mine who writes for Guitar Player magazine.

In this video, James is the long-haired guy on the left.
https://youtu.be/Rq6Oe4VNpU8
nice. I'm partial to the fiddle.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 17, 2021, 01:39:52 PM
ha:
razgueado: one or several right hand's fingers slide along the strings to play chords in a rhythmic manner.
Ahhhh, never thought to look it up. I just assumed it was a name that Bret assumed along the way. This banter still teaches us new things on the daily.
I always that it had to do with making fun of Italians. 😂
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 17, 2021, 01:45:51 PM
ha:
razgueado: one or several right hand's fingers slide along the strings to play chords in a rhythmic manner.
Ahhhh, never thought to look it up. I just assumed it was a name that Bret assumed along the way. This banter still teaches us new things on the daily.
It began as just an internet handle, gosh...has it really been over 25 years ago?  It's become something of a nickname.  The one flaw of the handle is that it only really works online.  It's too subject to misspelling to be a domain name or an email address given out verbally.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 17, 2021, 02:17:01 PM
Looks like one for my "To Try" list.

https://cigardojo.com/2021/09/general-cigar-announces-la-gloria-cubana-criollo-de-oro/
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 17, 2021, 02:17:35 PM
Speaking of new, Rick, how was that Diesel Sunday Gravy?
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 17, 2021, 02:20:58 PM
ha:
razgueado: one or several right hand's fingers slide along the strings to play chords in a rhythmic manner.
That makes you one of two people who ever figured out my handle without my having to explain it.  The other was James Nash, a friend of mine who writes for Guitar Player magazine.

In this video, James is the long-haired guy on the left.
https://youtu.be/Rq6Oe4VNpU8
nice. I'm partial to the fiddle.
That's Wayne "Chojo" Jacques.  He's the best fiddler no one's ever heard of.  Absolutely amazing player, with a wicked sense of humor once you get to know him.  Until you get to know him, though, he can seem like a cantankerous asshole, which has probably limited his career.  He is genetically incapable of "making nice."

I produced a concert of theirs at my dad's church.  I came around the back of the building carrying a six-pack of beer after sound check in time to see him light up a joint.  He saw me and quickly extinguished it.  I opened a beer and handed it to him. I lit up a cigarette and opened a beer myself.  "You ever heard how the ancient Hebrews burned incense in their temple in Jerusalem?" I asked.  "According to archaeologists, at least some of it was ganja. Swear to God."  He laughed.  I said, "So you didn't have to hide what you were smoking."

"I wasn't hiding it."  he said, taking a swig of beer.  "I just wasn't gonna share."  We got along famously after that, or at least as famously as Chojo gets along with anybody.

Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 17, 2021, 02:36:28 PM
Opened a box of Warped Futuro's.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 17, 2021, 03:30:07 PM
[...]

nothing like the 60's were. 😂
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 17, 2021, 04:46:04 PM
I said goodbye to a faithful servant today. I bought a 1994 Nissan Maxima in May of 2000, weeks before my youngest son Connor was born, because it was going to be impossible to fit myself, the wife, and two car seats in the seat of my pickup. That car became the best car I've ever owned, and it was Connor's ride for the past four years. It never left me or my family stranded, ever, and delivered Connor safely home from Ellensburg, despite being on its last legs and struggling mightily, to accompany me on our recent trip to Bend. If it's possible to owe a debt of gratitude to an inanimate object, I owe that damned car. May God bless its torquey, single overhead-cam, injected little heart on its journey to its rest.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210917/005ab57a75364bb926be1f891967ebb6.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 17, 2021, 05:55:59 PM
I said goodbye to a faithful servant today. I bought a 1994 Nissan Maxima in May of 2000, weeks before my youngest son Connor was born, because it was going to be impossible to fit myself, the wife, and two car seats in the seat of my pickup. That car became the best car I've ever owned, and it was Connor's ride for the past four years. It never left me or my family stranded, ever, and delivered Connor safely home from Ellensburg, despite being on its last legs and struggling mightily, to accompany me on our recent trip to Bend. If it's possible to owe a debt of gratitude to an inanimate object, I owe that damned car. May God bless its torquey, single overhead-cam, injected little heart on its journey to its rest.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210917/005ab57a75364bb926be1f891967ebb6.jpg)
I've never owned a car that long. I think 11-12 years was the longest. Curious to hear how many miles were on it?
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 17, 2021, 06:13:30 PM
Speaking of new, Rick, how was that Diesel Sunday Gravy?
Good cigar. Good tobacco flavor throughout.... no big transitions. Nice bit of vitamin N...  Esteli Puro  and Whisky row still better IMO
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 17, 2021, 06:18:12 PM
I hit a  links style course this morning. I played pretty well. Took my son to dinner. Now at gym for a bit. Looking to see some cigar pics here if your smoking. I will be having a night cap.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 17, 2021, 06:24:33 PM
[...]
There were 249k some-odd on the frame.  The engine was replaced in 2008.  It had blown a head gasket, and it was $800 cheaper to buy a used engine from Japan with 40,000 miles on it than than to replace the head gasket or buy a new car.  Go figure.  So the engine had maybe 100k on it. It was the electronics that were failing.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 17, 2021, 06:28:38 PM
I put my foot in my mouth today. I was at post office and wish I could have reeled back what I said. When I asked what's inside I said tobacco. I'll hit up the other PO soon. I was trying to get something out quickly.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 17, 2021, 06:40:30 PM
I hit a  links style course this morning. I played pretty well. Took my son to dinner. Now at gym for a bit. Looking to see some cigar pics here if your smoking. I will be having a night cap.
Sounds like fun. I need a course with a minimum of trees. Lol
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 17, 2021, 06:40:55 PM
I hit a  links style course this morning. I played pretty well. Took my son to dinner. Now at gym for a bit. Looking to see some cigar pics here if your smoking. I will be having a night cap.
I'll have something fired up shortly after the kids go to bed.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 17, 2021, 06:55:39 PM
I hit a  links style course this morning. I played pretty well. Took my son to dinner. Now at gym for a bit. Looking to see some cigar pics here if your smoking. I will be having a night cap.
I'll have something fired up shortly after the kids go to bed.
Cool Dave. I'm thinking Maduro maybe.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 17, 2021, 06:59:53 PM
I hit a  links style course this morning. I played pretty well. Took my son to dinner. Now at gym for a bit. Looking to see some cigar pics here if your smoking. I will be having a night cap.
Sounds like fun. I need a course with a minimum of trees. Lol
https://arrowheadwny.com/

I actually have no shortage of courses within a short drive here.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 17, 2021, 07:34:03 PM
Habano version. 1st for me(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210917/c0f585eb36966ed963d14fa5e5505e51.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 17, 2021, 07:54:23 PM
I hit a  links style course this morning. I played pretty well. Took my son to dinner. Now at gym for a bit. Looking to see some cigar pics here if your smoking. I will be having a night cap.
Sounds like fun. I need a course with a minimum of trees. Lol
https://arrowheadwny.com/

I actually have no shortage of courses within a short drive here.
Nice looking place. We also have an abundance of courses in this area. Hardest part this year has been getting a tee time, cause they've been packed.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 17, 2021, 07:56:36 PM
I hit a  links style course this morning. I played pretty well. Took my son to dinner. Now at gym for a bit. Looking to see some cigar pics here if your smoking. I will be having a night cap.
Sounds like fun. I need a course with a minimum of trees. Lol
https://arrowheadwny.com/

I actually have no shortage of courses within a short drive here.
Nice looking place. We also have an abundance of courses in this area. Hardest part this year has been getting a tee time, cause they've been packed.
First time Dean and I met were golfing.
Hey, ya never know.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 17, 2021, 08:01:05 PM
Habano version. 1st for me(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210917/c0f585eb36966ed963d14fa5e5505e51.jpg)
Really fine smoke here. Nice bit of natural  sweetness coming through.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 17, 2021, 08:02:36 PM
Habano version. 1st for me(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210917/c0f585eb36966ed963d14fa5e5505e51.jpg)
Really fine smoke here. Nice bit of natural  sweetness coming through.
Almost midway(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210918/a761743ffcc4598f1aee5e387faa8188.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 17, 2021, 08:29:39 PM
News and offers from SBC:

Blender Series is now live!

Small Batch Cigar is excited to announce an all-new, exclusive collection called the Blender Series. This series will focus on highlighting unique blenders to showcase their creativity with limited-edition expressions of their talents. Bands and other artwork will be subdued, allowing the cigar to speak for itself.

The Blender Series debuts with a delightfully complex expression by the talented Indiana Ortez. It is comprised solely of Nicaraguan tobaccos and is produced at Agrotabacos in Condega, Nicaragua.

Indiana Ortez says, “This blend is the result of a union of collaborative minds working together to best express Nicaraguan tobaccos in the favored Corona Larga vitola. We, as a family, feel very excited to introduce this limited edition with our Small Batch familia. In this medium-bodied blend, I hope you enjoy the balanced, flavorful retro hale and recognize our commitment to fine construction.”

Blender Series Indiana Ortez
Factory: Agroindustrial Nicaragüense de Tabacos S.A. (Agrotabacos)
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Connecticut Desflorada
Binder: Jalapa (dual binders)
Filler: Jalapa, Esteli, Condega
Size: Corona Larga 6 ¼ x 44
MSRP: $10.99

Blender Series Indiana Ortez
Friday Special!
Starting now until midnight we have one special on the categories below!

Casa Fernandez
Guardian Of The Farm
Xhaxhi Bobi

CODE: CGX = 18% off plus 5% reward points on above categories!

Rocky Patel Winter Collection now 35% off!

Rocky Patel Winter Collection

CODE: RPWC = 35% off with 5% reward points on Rocky Patel Winter Collection
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 17, 2021, 08:48:38 PM
Starting the evening with college football and a Room 101 MC1.
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 17, 2021, 09:16:15 PM
San Lotano Dominicano

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210918/24b10e5b00db7e632b4e3e63115fded9.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/17/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 17, 2021, 09:52:20 PM
Open up a coffin.