CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on September 14, 2021, 12:00:03 AM

Title: 9/14/2021
Post by: CigarBanter on September 14, 2021, 12:00:03 AM
Happy Tuesday! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 05:59:56 AM
JoeCigar:

Arganese Connecticut Churchill (7.0"x50) - 20 / $39.99
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 06:04:07 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - Rocky Patel Royale Toro (6.5"x54) - 10 / $49.99

Door #2 - Hoyo La Amistad Robusto (5.0"x54) - 10 / $44.99

Door #3 - ACID by Drew Estate Kuba Candela (Robusto) (5.0"x54) - 5 / $24.99
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 06:05:53 AM
JoeCigar:

Arganese Connecticut Churchill (7.0"x50) - 20 / $39.99
Well, clearly it's Tuesday.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 14, 2021, 06:07:45 AM
JoeCigar:

Arganese Connecticut Churchill (7.0"x50) - 20 / $39.99
Well, clearly it's Tuesday.
I was just about to say, this is how you say it's Tuesday without saying it's Tuesday.

Morning, Tony.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 06:09:32 AM
Good morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 06:10:20 AM
Did the scope bring you all some answers?
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 14, 2021, 06:21:06 AM
Did the scope bring you all some answers?
Nope, everything there was normal. They don't think it's a recurrence of her pancreatitis, so we're still left wondering. Next stop, gall bladder.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 06:26:58 AM
Did the scope bring you all some answers?
Nope, everything there was normal. They don't think it's a recurrence of her pancreatitis, so we're still left wondering. Next stop, gall bladder.
Is she feeling any better?
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 14, 2021, 06:36:42 AM
Did the scope bring you all some answers?
Nope, everything there was normal. They don't think it's a recurrence of her pancreatitis, so we're still left wondering. Next stop, gall bladder.
Is she feeling any better?
Nope. In fact, I only visited her for about 15 minutes yesterday, because her anti-nausea medication was about to wear off, and the show was likely to start up again then.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 07:56:28 AM
Did the scope bring you all some answers?
Nope, everything there was normal. They don't think it's a recurrence of her pancreatitis, so we're still left wondering. Next stop, gall bladder.
Is she feeling any better?
Nope. In fact, I only visited her for about 15 minutes yesterday, because her anti-nausea medication was about to wear off, and the show was likely to start up again then.
That really sucks. At least they could keep her easily hydrated with IVs. That's about as half full as I could make the glass. Sending more positive vibes your way.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 14, 2021, 08:06:50 AM
Did the scope bring you all some answers?
Nope, everything there was normal. They don't think it's a recurrence of her pancreatitis, so we're still left wondering. Next stop, gall bladder.
Is she feeling any better?
Nope. In fact, I only visited her for about 15 minutes yesterday, because her anti-nausea medication was about to wear off, and the show was likely to start up again then.
That really sucks. At least they could keep her easily hydrated with IVs. That's about as half full as I could make the glass. Sending more positive vibes your way.
It was a valiant attempt at glass-filling, I'll give you that. Thanks.

I do know they've looked at her gall bladder now, but she hasn't been briefed on what (if anything) they found.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 08:28:42 AM
Did the scope bring you all some answers?
Nope, everything there was normal. They don't think it's a recurrence of her pancreatitis, so we're still left wondering. Next stop, gall bladder.
Is she feeling any better?
Nope. In fact, I only visited her for about 15 minutes yesterday, because her anti-nausea medication was about to wear off, and the show was likely to start up again then.
That really sucks. At least they could keep her easily hydrated with IVs. That's about as half full as I could make the glass. Sending more positive vibes your way.
It was a valiant attempt at glass-filling, I'll give you that. Thanks.

I do know they've looked at her gall bladder now, but she hasn't been briefed on what (if anything) they found.
Is she already on a restrictive diet? The gall bladder might likely add to that.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 14, 2021, 08:39:27 AM
Did the scope bring you all some answers?
Nope, everything there was normal. They don't think it's a recurrence of her pancreatitis, so we're still left wondering. Next stop, gall bladder.
Is she feeling any better?
Nope. In fact, I only visited her for about 15 minutes yesterday, because her anti-nausea medication was about to wear off, and the show was likely to start up again then.
That really sucks. At least they could keep her easily hydrated with IVs. That's about as half full as I could make the glass. Sending more positive vibes your way.
It was a valiant attempt at glass-filling, I'll give you that. Thanks.

I do know they've looked at her gall bladder now, but she hasn't been briefed on what (if anything) they found.
Is she already on a restrictive diet? The gall bladder might likely add to that.
She's not on a restrictive diet, but she doesn't eat bad. But you're right, actual restrictions might be in her future.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on September 14, 2021, 08:42:12 AM
Day off 😀
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 14, 2021, 09:02:32 AM
Day off 😀
Nice. Got your smokes all lined up for the day?
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 14, 2021, 09:25:33 AM
Day off 😀
So where's the cigar with your coffee?
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 14, 2021, 09:26:03 AM
Day off 😀
Nice. Got your smokes all lined up for the day?
I'm waiting for Dean's lineup!
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 14, 2021, 09:27:39 AM
Very entertaining football game last night.  Glad the Raiders got to start off with a win.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 09:29:48 AM
Day off
Nice. Got your smokes all lined up for the day?
I was hoping to sneak in another smoke today but it hasn't been possible yet.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 14, 2021, 09:33:33 AM
Almost as entertaining as the cat drop at the Miami game.

https://www.on3.com/news/fans-drop-cat-and-catch-with-american-flag-appalachian-state-miami-hurricanes-hardrockcat/
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 14, 2021, 09:34:34 AM
Day off
Nice. Got your smokes all lined up for the day?
I was hoping to sneak in another smoke today but it hasn't been possible yet.
Got the booster installed?
Just cover up the camera when you take a puff...
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 14, 2021, 09:37:12 AM
Almost as entertaining as the cat drop at the Miami game.

https://www.on3.com/news/fans-drop-cat-and-catch-with-american-flag-appalachian-state-miami-hurricanes-hardrockcat/
And much better than the sewage leaking on the spectators at the Washington game.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 14, 2021, 09:41:23 AM
Damn, didn't take long for the first firing of a college football coach...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/clay-helton-fired-by-usc-o-j-simpson-reacts/ar-AAOpo80?ocid=msedgntp
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 14, 2021, 09:45:54 AM
Almost as entertaining as the cat drop at the Miami game.

https://www.on3.com/news/fans-drop-cat-and-catch-with-american-flag-appalachian-state-miami-hurricanes-hardrockcat/
And much better than the sewage leaking on the spectators at the Washington game.
No argument from me!
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 14, 2021, 09:48:35 AM
Damn, didn't take long for the first firing of a college football coach...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/clay-helton-fired-by-usc-o-j-simpson-reacts/ar-AAOpo80?ocid=msedgntp
So glad they included OJ's reaction!
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 09:49:28 AM
Almost as entertaining as the cat drop at the Miami game.

https://www.on3.com/news/fans-drop-cat-and-catch-with-american-flag-appalachian-state-miami-hurricanes-hardrockcat/
And much better than the sewage leaking on the spectators at the Washington game.
I'm not allergic to sewage.  ;)
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 14, 2021, 09:59:05 AM
Damn, didn't take long for the first firing of a college football coach...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/clay-helton-fired-by-usc-o-j-simpson-reacts/ar-AAOpo80?ocid=msedgntp
So glad they included OJ's reaction!
That was icing.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 09:59:09 AM
Day off
Nice. Got your smokes all lined up for the day?
I was hoping to sneak in another smoke today but it hasn't been possible yet.
Got the booster installed?
Just cover up the camera when you take a puff...
I think I have time for a San Lotano Connecticut corona. My next meeting isn't for a few hours. Have tons of other work to do but I consider getting my head straight paramount to getting everything else done. That's my story and I am going to stick to it!
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 14, 2021, 10:00:33 AM
good morning Tony and 3 Daves. no line up but I found this. will fire it up soon.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 14, 2021, 10:00:34 AM
Today is Tuesday, Sept. 14, the 257th day of 2021.
There are 108 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Sept. 14, 1814, Francis Scott Key was inspired to write the poem “Defence of Fort McHenry” (later “The Star-Spangled Banner”) after witnessing the American flag flying over the Maryland fort following a night of British naval bombardment during the War of 1812.

On this date:

In 1812, Napoleon Bonaparte’s troops entered Moscow following the Battle of Borodino to find the Russian city largely abandoned and parts set ablaze.

In 1836, former Vice President Aaron Burr died in Staten Island, N.Y., at age 80.

In 1847, during the Mexican-American War, U.S. forces under Gen. Winfield Scott took control of Mexico City.

In 1861, the first naval engagement of the Civil War took place as the USS Colorado attacked and sank the Confederate private schooner Judah off Pensacola, Florida.

In 1901, President William McKinley died in Buffalo, New York, of gunshot wounds inflicted by an assassin; Vice President Theodore Roosevelt succeeded him.

In 1927, modern dance pioneer Isadora Duncan died in Nice (nees), France, when her scarf became entangled in a wheel of the sports car she was riding in.

In 1982, Princess Grace of Monaco, formerly film star Grace Kelly, died at age 52 of injuries from a car crash the day before; Lebanon’s president-elect, Bashir Gemayel (bah-SHEER’ jeh-MAY’-el), was killed by a bomb.

In 1994, on the 34th day of a strike by players, Acting Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig announced the 1994 season was over.

In 2001, Americans packed churches and clogged public squares on a day of remembrance for the victims of the Sept. 11 attacks. President George W. Bush prayed with his Cabinet and attended services at Washington National Cathedral, then flew to New York, where he waded into the ruins of the World Trade Center and addressed rescue workers in a flag-waving, bullhorn-wielding show of resolve.

In 2010, Reggie Bush announced he was forfeiting his 2005 Heisman title, citing a scandal over improper benefits while he was a star running back at Southern California; it was the first time college football’s top award had been relinquished by a recipient.

In 2012, fury over an anti-Muslim film ridiculing the Prophet Muhammad spread across the Muslim world, with deadly clashes near Western embassies in Tunisia and Sudan, an American fast-food restaurant set ablaze in Lebanon, and international peacekeepers attacked in the Sinai.

In 2015, Rowan County, Kentucky, clerk Kim Davis returned to work for the first time since she was jailed for defying a federal court and announced that she would no longer block her deputies from issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 14, 2021, 10:01:11 AM
Ten years ago: A government panel released a report saying that BP bore ultimate responsibility for the worst offshore oil spill in U.S. history.

Five years ago: Hillary Clinton’s campaign released a letter from her doctor saying the Democratic presidential nominee was “recovering well” from pneumonia and remained “fit to serve as President of the United States.” President Barack Obama said the U.S. was lifting economic sanctions and restoring trade benefits to former pariah state Myanmar as he met with former political prisoner Aung San Suu Kyi (ahng sahn soo chee), the nation’s de facto leader. Tyre King, a Black 13-year-old, was fatally shot by Columbus, Ohio, police after authorities said he pulled a BB gun from his pants.

One year ago: In Northern California for a briefing on the West Coast wildfires that had killed dozens of people and burned millions of acres, President Donald Trump dismissed the scientific consensus that climate change was playing a central role in the historic fires; he renewed his unfounded claim that failure to rake forest floors and clear dead timber was mostly to blame. Democrat Joe Biden labeled Trump a “climate arsonist” in a speech in which Biden said the response to the wildfires would require stronger presidential leadership. The mayor of Rochester, New York, fired the city’s police chief amid the upheaval over the suffocation death in March of Daniel Prude, a Black man who died several days after officers put a hood over his head to stop him from spitting and pressed his face into the pavement.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 14, 2021, 10:03:54 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Walter Koenig (KAY’-nihg) is 85.
Basketball Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown is 81.
Singer-actor Joey Heatherton is 77.
Actor Sam Neill is 74.
Singer Jon “Bowzer” Bauman (Sha Na Na) is 74.
Actor Robert Wisdom is 68.
Rock musician Steve Berlin (Los Lobos) is 66.
Country singer-songwriter Beth Nielsen Chapman is 65.
Actor Mary Crosby is 62.
Singer Morten Harket (a-ha) is 62.
Country singer John Berry is 62.
Actor Melissa Leo is 61.
Actor Faith Ford is 57.
Actor Jamie Kaler is 57.
Actor Michelle Stafford is 56.
Rock musician Mike Cooley (Drive-By Truckers) is 55.
Actor Dan Cortese is 54.
Contemporary Christian singer Mark Hall is 52.
Actor-writer-director-producer Tyler Perry is 52.
Actor Ben Garant is 51.
Rock musician Craig Montoya (Tri Polar) is 51.
Actor Kimberly Williams-Paisley is 50.
Actor Andrew Lincoln is 48.
Rapper Nas is 48.
Actor Austin Basis is 45.
Country singer Danielle Peck is 43.
Pop singer Ayo is 41.
Chef/TV personality Katie Lee is 40.
Actor Sebastian Sozzi is 39.
Actor Adam Lamberg is 37.
Singer Alex Clare is 36.
Actor Chad Duell (TV: “General Hospital”) is 34.
Actor Jessica Brown Findlay is 34.
Actor-singer Logan Henderson is 32.
Actor Emma Kenney is 22.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 14, 2021, 10:05:36 AM
Today's Over/Under is 8
Raz Over/Under is 12 (don't miss Walter Koenig)
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 10:06:28 AM
good morning Tony and 3 Daves. no line up but I found this. will fire it up soon.
Good morning, Dean. How goes it?
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 14, 2021, 10:08:59 AM
Day off
Nice. Got your smokes all lined up for the day?
I was hoping to sneak in another smoke today but it hasn't been possible yet.
Got the booster installed?
Just cover up the camera when you take a puff...
I think I have time for a San Lotano Connecticut corona. My next meeting isn't for a few hours. Have tons of other work to do but I consider getting my head straight paramount to getting everything else done. That's my story and I am going to stick to it!
Makes sense to me!
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 14, 2021, 10:09:29 AM
One of Tony's yes's for today.
Yes LTG, Joey is a she.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 14, 2021, 10:14:51 AM
good morning Tony and 3 Daves. no line up but I found this. will fire it up soon.
Good morning, Dean. How goes it?
not a good day. my arthritis is running rampant. a cigar or two can't hurt although my taste buds are a bit off and I am in need of a good bath. 😞
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 14, 2021, 10:18:32 AM
Today's Over/Under is 8
Raz Over/Under is 12 (don't miss Walter Koenig)
Great betting line set, 8 for me.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 14, 2021, 10:19:11 AM
One of Tony's yes's for today.
Yes LTG, Joey is a she.
I would've taken your word for it, but thanks for the visual aids.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 14, 2021, 10:19:29 AM
One of Tony's yes's for today.
Yes LTG, Joey is a she.
I would've taken your word for it, but thanks for the visual aids.
And +2 to that statement on your avi.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 14, 2021, 10:23:25 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 10:29:26 AM
One of Tony's yes's for today.
Yes LTG, Joey is a she.
HOW OLD DO YOU THINK I AM??  I got 6 today and Joey wasn't one of 'em. The name definitely sounded familiar but I would have guessed it was a dude. I am also admitting that I did not know Chekov's real name.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 10:30:39 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Bret.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 14, 2021, 10:34:43 AM
Today's Over/Under is 8
Raz Over/Under is 12 (don't miss Walter Koenig)
I didn't miss Mr. Chekov, nor Joey Heatherton, Sam Neill, Bowzer, Steve Berlin, Morten Harket, Tyler Perry, and the once heartachingly beautiful Kimberly Williams.  But that's only 8.

Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 10:41:13 AM
One of Tony's yes's for today.
Yes LTG, Joey is a she.
HOW OLD DO YOU THINK I AM??  I got 6 today and Joey wasn't one of 'em. The name definitely sounded familiar but I would have guessed it was a dude. I am also admitting that I did not know Chekov's real name.
Correction, 7.  I miscounted.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 14, 2021, 10:41:49 AM
Today's Over/Under is 8
Raz Over/Under is 12 (don't miss Walter Koenig)
And I SHOULD know Mark Hall, I suppose.  I've performed a bunch of his band's songs a bunch of times over the past ten years.  But he's only a name, and I wouldn't know him to see him.  The rules is the rules.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 10:43:01 AM
Today's Over/Under is 8
Raz Over/Under is 12 (don't miss Walter Koenig)
And I SHOULD know Mark Hall, I suppose.  I've performed a bunch of his band's songs a bunch of times over the past ten years.  But he's only a name, and I wouldn't know him to see him.  The rules is the rules.
Exactly.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 14, 2021, 10:44:34 AM
Today's Over/Under is 8
Raz Over/Under is 12 (don't miss Walter Koenig)
I didn't miss Mr. Chekov, nor Joey Heatherton, Sam Neill, Bowzer, Steve Berlin, Morten Harket, Tyler Perry, and the once heartachingly beautiful Kimberly Williams.  But that's only 8.
I'm surprised you didn't get Dan Cortese. I'm also surprised he's listed as "actor".
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on September 14, 2021, 10:50:54 AM
Day off 😀
Nice. Got your smokes all lined up for the day?
I'm waiting for Dean's lineup!
time to walk to the humidor. It’s cool outside this morning.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 14, 2021, 10:50:57 AM
Morning, muchachos.
morning anyways.
hi RazMan.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 14, 2021, 10:53:21 AM
Today's Over/Under is 8
Raz Over/Under is 12 (don't miss Walter Koenig)
I didn't miss Mr. Chekov, nor Joey Heatherton, Sam Neill, Bowzer, Steve Berlin, Morten Harket, Tyler Perry, and the once heartachingly beautiful Kimberly Williams.  But that's only 8.
I'm surprised you didn't get Dan Cortese. I'm also surprised he's listed as "actor".
I knew the name, not the face, and I've seen nothing he starred in.  So I don't even know how I know the name.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 10:54:40 AM
Day off
Nice. Got your smokes all lined up for the day?
I was hoping to sneak in another smoke today but it hasn't been possible yet.
Got the booster installed?
Just cover up the camera when you take a puff...
I think I have time for a San Lotano Connecticut corona. My next meeting isn't for a few hours. Have tons of other work to do but I consider getting my head straight paramount to getting everything else done. That's my story and I am going to stick to it!
Makes sense to me!
As promised...
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210914/1f6f4b885158d54b3abea5920185e898.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on September 14, 2021, 10:55:42 AM
Work is crazy…..requiring staff add 3 shifts every two weeks over FTE. Hours worked over FTE is double time and you get $100 bonus for picking up extra shifts. None of this is inventive for me……burned out
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 14, 2021, 10:56:55 AM
Morning, muchachos.
morning anyways.
hi RazMan.
Morning, Deano.  Sorry to hear about your arthritis. Hope it eases up soon.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 14, 2021, 10:58:26 AM
Today's Over/Under is 8
Raz Over/Under is 12 (don't miss Walter Koenig)
I didn't miss Mr. Chekov, nor Joey Heatherton, Sam Neill, Bowzer, Steve Berlin, Morten Harket, Tyler Perry, and the once heartachingly beautiful Kimberly Williams.  But that's only 8.
I'm surprised you didn't get Dan Cortese. I'm also surprised he's listed as "actor".
I knew the name, not the face, and I've seen nothing he starred in.  So I don't even know how I know the name.
I have no idea what he's starred in either, or that he was even a legit actor. He was an Olympian, probably late 80s or early 90s. He was in some "Dan and Dan" commercials with another Olympian, for Pepsi or Mcdonald's or something.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 14, 2021, 10:59:54 AM
Today's Over/Under is 8
Raz Over/Under is 12 (don't miss Walter Koenig)
I didn't miss Mr. Chekov, nor Joey Heatherton, Sam Neill, Bowzer, Steve Berlin, Morten Harket, Tyler Perry, and the once heartachingly beautiful Kimberly Williams.  But that's only 8.
I'm surprised you didn't get Dan Cortese. I'm also surprised he's listed as "actor".
I knew the name, not the face, and I've seen nothing he starred in.  So I don't even know how I know the name.
I have no idea what he's starred in either, or that he was even a legit actor. He was an Olympian, probably late 80s or early 90s. He was in some "Dan and Dan" commercials with another Olympian, for Pepsi or Mcdonald's or something.
Wait, I do remember something he was in. He was in an episode of Seinfeld, where he played a guy Elaine was dating only because he was so good looking.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 14, 2021, 11:01:37 AM
Today's Over/Under is 8
Raz Over/Under is 12 (don't miss Walter Koenig)
I didn't miss Mr. Chekov, nor Joey Heatherton, Sam Neill, Bowzer, Steve Berlin, Morten Harket, Tyler Perry, and the once heartachingly beautiful Kimberly Williams.  But that's only 8.
I'm surprised you didn't get Dan Cortese. I'm also surprised he's listed as "actor".
I knew the name, not the face, and I've seen nothing he starred in.  So I don't even know how I know the name.
I have no idea what he's starred in either, or that he was even a legit actor. He was an Olympian, probably late 80s or early 90s. He was in some "Dan and Dan" commercials with another Olympian, for Pepsi or Mcdonald's or something.
Wait, I do remember something he was in. He was in an episode of Seinfeld, where he played a guy Elaine was dating only because he was so good looking.
Ok, google really put me in my place today. The commercials were for Reebok, were called Dan & Dave, and Dan Cortese was not the Dan. Memory is a fickle thing.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 11:04:13 AM
Day off
Nice. Got your smokes all lined up for the day?
I was hoping to sneak in another smoke today but it hasn't been possible yet.
Got the booster installed?
Just cover up the camera when you take a puff...
I think I have time for a San Lotano Connecticut corona. My next meeting isn't for a few hours. Have tons of other work to do but I consider getting my head straight paramount to getting everything else done. That's my story and I am going to stick to it!
Makes sense to me!
As promised...
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210914/1f6f4b885158d54b3abea5920185e898.jpg)
I'm thoroughly enjoying this cigar but I'm wishing I had grabbed something larger. (TWSS)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210914/fc22422e1be20ace189cab152edf5756.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 11:06:08 AM
[...]
He was one of mine and I know the face and the name but not sure why?
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 14, 2021, 11:06:37 AM
Today's Over/Under is 8
Raz Over/Under is 12 (don't miss Walter Koenig)
I didn't miss Mr. Chekov, nor Joey Heatherton, Sam Neill, Bowzer, Steve Berlin, Morten Harket, Tyler Perry, and the once heartachingly beautiful Kimberly Williams.  But that's only 8.
I'm surprised you didn't get Dan Cortese. I'm also surprised he's listed as "actor".
I knew the name, not the face, and I've seen nothing he starred in.  So I don't even know how I know the name.
I have no idea what he's starred in either, or that he was even a legit actor. He was an Olympian, probably late 80s or early 90s. He was in some "Dan and Dan" commercials with another Olympian, for Pepsi or Mcdonald's or something.
Burger King.  I don't remember any of them, offhand.  Funny that Wikipedia doesn't mention he was an Olympian.  I don't remember that either.  But after 1984 they Olympics all kinda run together for me.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 14, 2021, 11:09:23 AM
Work is crazy…..requiring staff add 3 shifts every two weeks over FTE. Hours worked over FTE is double time and you get $100 bonus for picking up extra shifts. None of this is inventive for me……burned out
morning Dave. just think of the boost in your pension.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 14, 2021, 11:10:33 AM
Morning, muchachos.
morning anyways.
hi RazMan.
Morning, Deano.  Sorry to hear about your arthritis. Hope it eases up soon.
me too. put in a request for steroids to ease the pain. now I wait.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 11:11:23 AM
Day off
Nice. Got your smokes all lined up for the day?
I was hoping to sneak in another smoke today but it hasn't been possible yet.
Got the booster installed?
Just cover up the camera when you take a puff...
I think I have time for a San Lotano Connecticut corona. My next meeting isn't for a few hours. Have tons of other work to do but I consider getting my head straight paramount to getting everything else done. That's my story and I am going to stick to it!
Makes sense to me!
As promised...
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210914/1f6f4b885158d54b3abea5920185e898.jpg)
I'm thoroughly enjoying this cigar but I'm wishing I had grabbed something larger. (TWSS)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210914/fc22422e1be20ace189cab152edf5756.jpg)
Ash didn't hang on much longer. $@&!*(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210914/c662d41a8d4f9e1d6abbff6d0a32ad30.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 11:24:28 AM
[...]
Great morning connie. I've always enjoyed this cigar. The corona vitola is perfect for a day like today.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210914/94326aca6143e00b690bbc31d3ea010b.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 14, 2021, 11:34:41 AM
[...]
That's because it was Dan O'Brien. My bad.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 14, 2021, 11:38:30 AM
[...]
And you don't even need an ashtray if you can just ash on yourself.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 11:41:56 AM
[...]
Are you calling me an ashhole?
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 11:51:03 AM
[...]
Mostly taste classic tobacco flavors with some dried fruit notes on the retrohale. Just about done with this one.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210914/0ce58ecf865a71d7d56aea6bd8ca0039.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 14, 2021, 11:52:18 AM
[...]
Well, I'm not NOT calling you that.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 14, 2021, 11:54:01 AM
Speaking of ashholes, I've been dealing with the schools logic bending covid rules all morning, and I'm still not 100% sure when 2 of my kids can go back to school. I do know that the youngest has to stay home until Monday. Gotta be sure to thank my MIL for exposing them to this when she picked them up for a sleepover, knowing she wasn't feeling well at the time. All this to say, I'm taking the rest of the day off because I'm done trying to focus on work. So early hazzuh! for me.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on September 14, 2021, 11:54:08 AM
Work is crazy…..requiring staff add 3 shifts every two weeks over FTE. Hours worked over FTE is double time and you get $100 bonus for picking up extra shifts. None of this is inventive for me……burned out
morning Dave. just think of the boost in your pension.
in normal times I am with you 100%, but nowadays knows that the pension will even be around. Maybe time to look at taking that lump sum and cashing out.and
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on September 14, 2021, 11:55:25 AM
Today selection. Tastes great right from the start.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 11:57:02 AM
Speaking of ashholes, I've been dealing with the schools logic bending covid rules all morning, and I'm still not 100% sure when 2 of my kids can go back to school. I do know that the youngest has to stay home until Monday. Gotta be sure to thank my MIL for exposing them to this when she picked them up for a sleepover, knowing she wasn't feeling well at the time. All this to say, I'm taking the rest of the day off because I'm done trying to focus on work. So early hazzuh! for me.
Later, Dave. Keep us posted.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 11:59:07 AM
Today selection. Tastes great right from the start.
Nice choice.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 12:11:03 PM
[...]
Well my fingers are getting hot so I think it's time to wrap this up. Fun while it lasted.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210914/74496e4608368bbe00974d43c2771aa5.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 14, 2021, 12:15:43 PM
Work is crazy…..requiring staff add 3 shifts every two weeks over FTE. Hours worked over FTE is double time and you get $100 bonus for picking up extra shifts. None of this is inventive for me……burned out
morning Dave. just think of the boost in your pension.
in normal times I am with you 100%, but nowadays knows that the pension will even be around. Maybe time to look at taking that lump sum and cashing out.and
I thought I had an option to retire early with no penalty with a big financial incentive but found out that I wasn't eligible because they would have to abolish my title, even though we were so top heavy at the time, so I had to wait the full 30 years.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 12:19:37 PM
Work is crazy…..requiring staff add 3 shifts every two weeks over FTE. Hours worked over FTE is double time and you get $100 bonus for picking up extra shifts. None of this is inventive for me……burned out
morning Dave. just think of the boost in your pension.
in normal times I am with you 100%, but nowadays knows that the pension will even be around. Maybe time to look at taking that lump sum and cashing out.and
I thought I had an option to retire early with no penalty but found out that I wasn't eligible because they would have to abolish my title, even though we were so top heavy at the time, so I had to wait the full 30 years.
Speaking of top heavy, did you happen to notice ClemsonDave's avitar?
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 14, 2021, 12:21:59 PM
Work is crazy…..requiring staff add 3 shifts every two weeks over FTE. Hours worked over FTE is double time and you get $100 bonus for picking up extra shifts. None of this is inventive for me……burned out
morning Dave. just think of the boost in your pension.
in normal times I am with you 100%, but nowadays knows that the pension will even be around. Maybe time to look at taking that lump sum and cashing out.and
I thought I had an option to retire early with no penalty but found out that I wasn't eligible because they would have to abolish my title, even though we were so top heavy at the time, so I had to wait the full 30 years.
Speaking of top heavy, did you happen to notice ClemsonDave's avitar?
a blind man could see both pairs. 😂
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 12:27:49 PM
Work is crazy…..requiring staff add 3 shifts every two weeks over FTE. Hours worked over FTE is double time and you get $100 bonus for picking up extra shifts. None of this is inventive for me……burned out
morning Dave. just think of the boost in your pension.
in normal times I am with you 100%, but nowadays knows that the pension will even be around. Maybe time to look at taking that lump sum and cashing out.and
I thought I had an option to retire early with no penalty but found out that I wasn't eligible because they would have to abolish my title, even though we were so top heavy at the time, so I had to wait the full 30 years.
Speaking of top heavy, did you happen to notice ClemsonDave's avitar?
a blind man could see both pairs. 😂
Makes me want to learn braille.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 01:38:27 PM
Braille lull?
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on September 14, 2021, 01:42:59 PM
Work is crazy…..requiring staff add 3 shifts every two weeks over FTE. Hours worked over FTE is double time and you get $100 bonus for picking up extra shifts. None of this is inventive for me……burned out
morning Dave. just think of the boost in your pension.
in normal times I am with you 100%, but nowadays knows that the pension will even be around. Maybe time to look at taking that lump sum and cashing out.and
I thought I had an option to retire early with no penalty with a big financial incentive but found out that I wasn't eligible because they would have to abolish my title, even though we were so top heavy at the time, so I had to wait the full 30 years.
”just when you think your out, they pull you back in”
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 14, 2021, 02:38:18 PM
Today's Over/Under is 8
Raz Over/Under is 12 (don't miss Walter Koenig)
I didn't miss Mr. Chekov, nor Joey Heatherton, Sam Neill, Bowzer, Steve Berlin, Morten Harket, Tyler Perry, and the once heartachingly beautiful Kimberly Williams.  But that's only 8.
She's still pretty darn striking.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 14, 2021, 02:39:48 PM
[...]
If the pants fit, wear it.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 14, 2021, 02:43:47 PM
Today selection. Tastes great right from the start.
There's the startoff picture.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 14, 2021, 02:48:10 PM
La Bomba Warhead VII's released.  Was on of Fish's anticipated releases.
This one made by AJF in his San Lotano factory.

https://halfwheel.com/espinosa-premium-cigars-ships-601-la-bomba-warhead-vii/400644/
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 14, 2021, 02:51:15 PM
You can buy your Christmas presents for your banter brothers pre wrapped!

https://halfwheel.com/tarazona-misfit-toys-ships-early/400628/
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 14, 2021, 02:52:55 PM
Clever novelty, but I don't know about $17.

https://halfwheel.com/tarazonas-la-bruja-broomstick-heads-to-stores/400365/
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 14, 2021, 02:57:20 PM
Tuesday afternoon.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 14, 2021, 03:00:09 PM
Norm Macdonald dead at 61.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 14, 2021, 03:00:25 PM
Never heard of these guys, but apparently they're right up the street.  May need to check them out.

https://halfwheel.com/proscrito-adding-tyler-durden-in-november/400597/
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 14, 2021, 03:01:06 PM
Norm Macdonald dead at 61.
Apparently, hid cancer for 9 years.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 03:07:58 PM
Norm Macdonald dead at 61.
Apparently, hid cancer for 9 years.
That's terrible. If I'm being honest, I thought he looked sickly for a while. Just assumed he wasn't aging well. RIP Norm.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 05:39:20 PM
I'm calling it a day. Sheesh. At least I got to have a cigar today.

They hired this new lady and asked me to handover a couple of my projects to her. On the surface I should be grateful for the relief. Suddenly it appears she thinks she's my boss. I'm pretty close to telling her to GFH.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 14, 2021, 07:26:41 PM
Norm Macdonald dead at 61.
Apparently, hid cancer for 9 years.
That's terrible. If I'm being honest, I thought he looked sickly for a while. Just assumed he wasn't aging well. RIP Norm.
Bummer.  The guy could be wickedly funny, or at least he could back when comedians were allowed to be funny.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 07:45:44 PM
Norm Macdonald dead at 61.
Apparently, hid cancer for 9 years.
That's terrible. If I'm being honest, I thought he looked sickly for a while. Just assumed he wasn't aging well. RIP Norm.
Bummer.  The guy could be wickedly funny, or at least he could back when comedians were allowed to be funny.
In the back of mind I feel he could be pulling a prank. He was a notorious gambler and I'm wondering if he's faking his death to get out of paying up.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 07:46:28 PM
All joking aside, I was a fan and I hope he rests in peace.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 14, 2021, 08:16:19 PM
Watching these roller coaster Yankees from the patio. Burning back some nerves..... Where did the summer go?  (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210915/02442055897054328457aa8ea7b6ed4d.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 14, 2021, 08:25:04 PM
From SBC:

 Tiny Tuesday Special!
Starting now until tomorrow at midnight we have one special on the categories below!

Lampert
Cavalier Geneve
Espinosa

CODE: LCE = 18% off plus 5% reward points on categories above

Rocky Patel Tavicusa with 40% off

Rocky Patel Tavicusa

CODE: RPT = 40% off with 5% reward points on Rocky Patel Tavicusa

Please log in before using code

Warped Chinchalle has landed

The blend uses an Ecuadorian habano 2000 rosado wrapper, Dominican HVA binder and Dominican fillers, with the line debuting in a 5 x 50 robusto vitola. It comes with an MSRP of $12.50, and is offered in boxes of 25 cigars

Warped Chinchalle
Lampert
Cavalier Geneve
Espinosa
Rocky Patel Tavicusa
Warped Chinchalle
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 14, 2021, 08:35:44 PM
Evening!
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 14, 2021, 08:45:56 PM
Watching these roller coaster Yankees from the patio. Burning back some nerves..... Where did the summer go?  (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210915/02442055897054328457aa8ea7b6ed4d.jpg)
Summer's on its way to Rio.  Today was the first day the fireplace stayed on all day.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 14, 2021, 08:50:15 PM

Watching these roller coaster Yankees from the patio. Burning back some nerves..... Where did the summer go?  (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210915/02442055897054328457aa8ea7b6ed4d.jpg)

Still hot here. And the boys of summer are still going at it. Every game is gonna count.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 14, 2021, 09:22:12 PM

Watching these roller coaster Yankees from the patio. Burning back some nerves..... Where did the summer go?  (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210915/02442055897054328457aa8ea7b6ed4d.jpg)

Still hot here. And the boys of summer are still going at it. Every game is gonna count.
Summer still in full effect here, as well.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 14, 2021, 09:22:50 PM
Perdomo Small Batch

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210915/f161fdea39a7e21d50356eaac2f58aeb.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 14, 2021, 10:55:39 PM
Evening.
Title: Re: 9/14/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 14, 2021, 10:56:26 PM
And to page 8 we go.