CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on September 13, 2021, 12:05:29 AM

Title: 9/13/2021
Post by: CigarBanter on September 13, 2021, 12:05:29 AM
Happy Monday!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 12:22:22 AM
C'mon, Rick really needs a Yankees win!
Sorry, brother. It sure was exciting but they weren't able to pull it off.

Why do these damn games have to play so late? Sheesh.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 12:25:53 AM
JoeCigar:

Rocky Patel Edge Barrel-Aged Black Toro (6.0"x52) + 10 / $49.99
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 12:30:47 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - Graycliff Turbo Edicion Limitada PG (Toro) (6.0"x50) - 15 / $59.99

Door #2 - Gurkha Genghis Khan Churchill (7.5"x52) - 5 / $24.99

Door #3 - Caldwell Eastern Standard Euro Express (Corona) (5.5"x44) - 5 / $24.99
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 06:10:03 AM
Good morning, banterland.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2021, 06:36:04 AM
Good morning, banterland.
Morning, Tony.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 06:39:59 AM
Good morning, banterland.
Morning, Tony.
It is. The sun is finally coming up to prove it.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 06:58:20 AM
Any word on the Mrs or when she'll be coming home?
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2021, 07:03:18 AM
Any word on the Mrs or when she'll be coming home?
The only word I've gotten from her today is that she's going to have her stomach scoped, but she hasn't responded to me since.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 07:08:46 AM
Any word on the Mrs or when she'll be coming home?
The only word I've gotten from her today is that she's going to have her stomach scoped, but she hasn't responded to me since.
How are the girls doing?
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2021, 07:16:05 AM
Any word on the Mrs or when she'll be coming home?
The only word I've gotten from her today is that she's going to have her stomach scoped, but she hasn't responded to me since.
How are the girls doing?
They're fine. Sadly, we're a little too used to her being in the hospital for an indefinite amount of time.

Kept them home today while we wait for the covid results for the oldest. Hopefully, we get them back today and she's in the clear, and they can all go back to school tomorrow.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 07:43:29 AM
Any word on the Mrs or when she'll be coming home?
The only word I've gotten from her today is that she's going to have her stomach scoped, but she hasn't responded to me since.
How are the girls doing?
They're fine. Sadly, we're a little too used to her being in the hospital for an indefinite amount of time.

Kept them home today while we wait for the covid results for the oldest. Hopefully, we get them back today and she's in the clear, and they can all go back to school tomorrow.
That makes sense. Is the oldest still feeling symptoms?
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2021, 07:51:04 AM
Any word on the Mrs or when she'll be coming home?
The only word I've gotten from her today is that she's going to have her stomach scoped, but she hasn't responded to me since.
How are the girls doing?
They're fine. Sadly, we're a little too used to her being in the hospital for an indefinite amount of time.

Kept them home today while we wait for the covid results for the oldest. Hopefully, we get them back today and she's in the clear, and they can all go back to school tomorrow.
That makes sense. Is the oldest still feeling symptoms?
Still just the sore throat, bit of a headache. I'm relatively sure she doesn't have it, but better to be safe than the source of an outbreak.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 13, 2021, 08:17:40 AM
Good morning Tony and Dave. I'm really busy at work this week. Dave, I'm hoping the best for your family.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 13, 2021, 08:25:35 AM
good morning guys.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 13, 2021, 08:26:26 AM
prayers for your wife and family Dave.
that really sucks.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2021, 08:43:04 AM
prayers for your wife and family Dave.
that really sucks.
Could you try to pray a little better than Dean did yesterday? Cause I think he did it wrong. :D

Seriously though, thanks for the thoughts. All we can do now is wait.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 13, 2021, 08:49:32 AM
prayers for your wife and family Dave.
that really sucks.
Could you try to pray a little better than Dean did yesterday? Cause I think he did it wrong. :D

Seriously though, thanks for the thoughts. All we can do now is wait.
I did? 🙄
now I gotta go back and check. 😞
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 13, 2021, 08:50:46 AM
can't go wrong with a Fuente for breakfast.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2021, 08:51:09 AM
prayers for your wife and family Dave.
that really sucks.
Could you try to pray a little better than Dean did yesterday? Cause I think he did it wrong. :D

Seriously though, thanks for the thoughts. All we can do now is wait.
I did? 🙄
now I gotta go back and check. 😞
I was having a bit of fun, of course. Any positive thoughts are appreciated, regardless of the outcome.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2021, 08:51:29 AM
can't go wrong with a Fuente for breakfast.
Or any time, really.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 13, 2021, 08:54:22 AM
lost another good friend to cancer yesterday morning. she fought it for over 7 years on and off. she was a good soul.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 13, 2021, 08:55:17 AM
prayers for your wife and family Dave.
that really sucks.
Could you try to pray a little better than Dean did yesterday? Cause I think he did it wrong. :D

Seriously though, thanks for the thoughts. All we can do now is wait.
I did? 🙄
now I gotta go back and check. 😞
I was having a bit of fun, of course. Any positive thoughts are appreciated, regardless of the outcome.
I see that now.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 08:55:46 AM
can't go wrong with a Fuente for breakfast.
That sounds perfect. Just putting some finishing touches on my laptop and I should be joining you in about an hour.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 08:56:39 AM
lost another good friend to cancer yesterday morning. she fought it for over 7 years on and off. she was a good soul.
I'm really sorry to hear that, Dean. Please accept my condolences.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 08:57:03 AM
Good morning Tony and Dave. I'm really busy at work this week. Dave, I'm hoping the best for your family.
I hear you on the busy. Good morning, Rick.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2021, 09:04:01 AM
lost another good friend to cancer yesterday morning. she fought it for over 7 years on and off. she was a good soul.
That's an awful shame, Dean. Sorry to hear it.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 09:37:23 AM
lost another good friend to cancer yesterday morning. she fought it for over 7 years on and off. she was a good soul.
That seems to be another never-ending pandemic. I guess we can say that it isn't contagious but you wouldn't know it by the number of people affected. I always imagined that cancer would be eradicated in my lifetime but I'm not that hopeful any more.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2021, 09:53:29 AM
can't go wrong with a Fuente for breakfast.
...or lunch, or dinner...
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2021, 09:54:30 AM
can't go wrong with a Fuente for breakfast.
That sounds perfect. Just putting some finishing touches on my laptop and I should be joining you in about an hour.
Got it all figured out?
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2021, 09:57:40 AM
Morning Tony, Dave, Rick and Dean.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2021, 10:01:01 AM
Today is Monday, Sept. 13, the 256th day of 2021.
There are 109 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Sept. 13, 1971, a four-day inmates’ rebellion at the Attica Correctional Facility in western New York ended as police and guards stormed the prison; the ordeal and final assault claimed the lives of 32 inmates and 11 hostages.

On this date:

In 1788, the Congress of the Confederation authorized the first national election, and declared New York City the temporary national capital.

In 1814, during the War of 1812, British naval forces began bombarding Fort McHenry in Baltimore but were driven back by American defenders in a battle that lasted until the following morning.

In 1959, Elvis Presley first met his future wife, 14-year-old Priscilla Beaulieu, while stationed in West Germany with the U.S. Army. (They married in 1967, but divorced in 1973.)

In 1962, Mississippi Gov. Ross Barnett rejected the U.S. Supreme Court’s order for the University of Mississippi to admit James Meredith, a Black student, declaring in a televised address, “We will not drink from the cup of genocide.”

In 1970, the first New York City Marathon was held; winner Gary Muhrcke finished the 26.2-mile run, which took place entirely inside Central Park, in 2:31:38.

In 1990, the combination police-courtroom drama “Law & Order” premiered on NBC.

In 1993, at the White House, Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and PLO chairman Yasser Arafat shook hands after signing an accord granting limited Palestinian autonomy.

In 1996, rapper Tupac Shakur died at a Las Vegas hospital six days after he was wounded in a drive-by shooting; he was 25.

In 1997, funeral services were held in Calcutta, India, for Nobel peace laureate Mother Teresa.

In 1998, former Alabama Gov. George C. Wallace died in Montgomery at age 79.

In 2001, two days after the 9/11 terror attacks, the first few jetliners returned to the nation’s skies, but several major airports remained closed and others opened only briefly. President George W. Bush visited injured Pentagon workers and said he would carry the nation’s prayers to New York.

In 2010, Rafael Nadal won his first U.S. Open title to complete a career Grand Slam, beating Novak Djokovic 6-4, 5-7, 6-4, 6-2.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 10:01:29 AM
can't go wrong with a Fuente for breakfast.
That sounds perfect. Just putting some finishing touches on my laptop and I should be joining you in about an hour.
Got it all figured out?
Yeah. Looks like windows update changed the default 802.11 protocol needed for WiFi. It was strange though because it was only not working with my main SSID in my home. Worked ok with the other WIFi networks I tried to connect to. Anyhoo, I am back! The other issue is that I can't find the damn charger for that laptop. The kids borrowed it for another device and now no one knows where it is.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2021, 10:01:41 AM
Ten years ago: Teams of insurgents firing rocket-propelled grenades and automatic weapons struck at the U.S. Embassy, NATO headquarters and other buildings in the heart of Afghanistan’s capital, Kabul.

Five years ago: Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump rolled out a plan aimed at making child care more affordable, guaranteeing new mothers six weeks of paid maternity leave and suggesting new incentives for employees to provide their workers child care during a speech in Aston, Pennsylvania. Former Israeli President Shimon Peres, 93, suffered a major stroke (he died 15 days later).

One year ago: In open defiance of state regulations and his own administration’s pandemic health guidelines, President Donald Trump hosted his first indoor rally since June, telling a packed, nearly mask-less crowd in Henderson, Nevada, that the nation was “making the last turn” in defeating the virus. Dominic Thiem became the first man in 71 years to win the U.S. Open after dropping the first two sets of the final; Thiem earned his first Grand Slam title with a 2-6, 4-6, 6-4, 6-3, 7-6 (6) comeback victory against Alexander Zverev.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 10:02:59 AM
Morning Tony, Dave, Rick and Dean.
Hola, ClemsonDave.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2021, 10:06:42 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Barbara Bain is 90.
Actor Eileen Fulton (TV: “As the World Turns”) is 88.
Actor Joe E. Tata is 85.
Rock singer David Clayton-Thomas (Blood, Sweat & Tears) is 80.
Actor Jacqueline Bisset is 77.
Singer Peter Cetera is 77.
Actor Christine Estabrook is 71.
Actor Jean Smart is 70.
Singer Randy Jones (The Village People) is 69.
Record producer Don Was is 69.
Actor Isiah Whitlock Jr. is 67.
Actor-comedian Geri Jewell is 65.
Country singer Bobbie Cryner is 60.
Rock singer-musician Dave Mustaine (Megadeth) is 60.
Radio-TV personality Tavis Smiley is 57.
Rock musician Zak Starkey is 56.
Actor/comedian Jeff Ross is 56.
Actor Louis Mandylor is 55.
Olympic gold medal runner Michael Johnson is 54.
Rock musician Steve Perkins is 54. Actor Roger Howarth is 53.
Actor Dominic Fumusa is 52.
Actor Louise Lombard is 51.
Former tennis player Goran Ivanisevic (ee-van-EE’-seh-vihch) is 50.
Country singer Aaron Benward (Blue County) is 48.
Country musician Joe Don Rooney (Rascal Flatts) is 46.
Actor Scott Vickaryous is 46.
Singer Fiona Apple is 44.
Contemporary Christian musician Hector Cervantes (Casting Crowns) is 41.
Actor Ben Savage is 41.
Rock singer Niall Horan (One Direction) is 28.
Actor Mitch Holleman is 26.
Actor Lili Reinhart (TV: “Riverdale”) is 25.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2021, 10:07:48 AM
Over/Under for today is 6
Raz Over/Under is 12
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2021, 10:14:33 AM
[...]

Not quite the same as 77, but not bad.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 10:15:30 AM
Over/Under for today is 6
Raz Over/Under is 12
8 for me.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 10:16:04 AM
[...]

She was one of my 8.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2021, 10:18:56 AM
Wonder how much that "dress" cost?
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2021, 10:22:43 AM
Over/Under for today is 6
Raz Over/Under is 12
8 for me.
Ditto
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2021, 10:23:29 AM
[...]

She was not one of mine. I recognize the name, but would have no idea what she used to look like or currently does, or what she was in.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 13, 2021, 11:04:04 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 13, 2021, 11:07:40 AM
Over/Under for today is 6
Raz Over/Under is 12
Dead on the money.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 11:14:55 AM
can't go wrong with a Fuente for breakfast.
That sounds perfect. Just putting some finishing touches on my laptop and I should be joining you in about an hour.
Looks like I'm late again but I did find an oldie but goodie in the humidor. About to set fire to it now.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/00a0706e4851d1cd71fa66be9f132d61.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2021, 11:22:25 AM
can't go wrong with a Fuente for breakfast.
That sounds perfect. Just putting some finishing touches on my laptop and I should be joining you in about an hour.
Looks like I'm late again but I did find an oldie but goodie in the humidor. About to set fire to it now.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/00a0706e4851d1cd71fa66be9f132d61.jpg)
Congrats on finally being able to live the dream!
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 11:24:11 AM
Gonna need a little help from ClemsonDave to identify this particular EPC but it is goooooooood.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 13, 2021, 11:32:59 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Jacqueline Bisset is 77.
Not quite the same as 77, but not bad.
She was one of my 8.
She was not one of mine. I recognize the name, but would have no idea what she used to look like or currently does, or what she was in.
That's because you're a damned pup.  Kids!
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 11:33:42 AM
Gonna need a little help from ClemsonDave to identify this particular EPC but it is goooooooood.
Almost grabbed a Fuente but figured Dean had to be done with that one by now.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/51a423475ea74789437f343e36853bd6.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 13, 2021, 11:50:28 AM
Gonna need a little help from ClemsonDave to identify this particular EPC but it is goooooooood.
I remember those.  Very nice cigars.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2021, 11:53:31 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Jacqueline Bisset is 77.
Not quite the same as 77, but not bad.
She was one of my 8.
She was not one of mine. I recognize the name, but would have no idea what she used to look like or currently does, or what she was in.
That's because you're a damned pup.  Kids!
No argument here!
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 11:57:23 AM

Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Jacqueline Bisset is 77.
Not quite the same as 77, but not bad.
She was one of my 8.
She was not one of mine. I recognize the name, but would have no idea what she used to look like or currently does, or what she was in.
That's because you're a damned pup.  Kids!
No argument here!

I used to be a damn pup.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 12:12:41 PM
Gonna need a little help from ClemsonDave to identify this particular EPC but it is goooooooood.
Almost grabbed a Fuente but figured Dean had to be done with that one by now.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/51a423475ea74789437f343e36853bd6.jpg)
It's going too quickly. My connection needs improvement. Not so easy to work from out here. Not to say I won't be doing this again soon but it won't be likely be a multi cigar day.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/0c693f12be39ea8cd5bdab88d9ec11be.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2021, 12:14:04 PM
Gonna need a little help from ClemsonDave to identify this particular EPC but it is goooooooood.
Almost grabbed a Fuente but figured Dean had to be done with that one by now.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/51a423475ea74789437f343e36853bd6.jpg)
It's going too quickly. My connection needs improvement. Not so easy to work from out here. Not to say I won't be doing this again soon but it won't be likely be a multi cigar day.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/0c693f12be39ea8cd5bdab88d9ec11be.jpg)
Just having the option is nice.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2021, 12:14:33 PM
can't go wrong with a Fuente for breakfast.
That sounds perfect. Just putting some finishing touches on my laptop and I should be joining you in about an hour.
Looks like I'm late again but I did find an oldie but goodie in the humidor. About to set fire to it now.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/00a0706e4851d1cd71fa66be9f132d61.jpg)
Firin' at lunchtime Tony!
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2021, 12:15:11 PM
Gonna need a little help from ClemsonDave to identify this particular EPC but it is goooooooood.
Almost grabbed a Fuente but figured Dean had to be done with that one by now.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/51a423475ea74789437f343e36853bd6.jpg)
It's going too quickly. My connection needs improvement. Not so easy to work from out here. Not to say I won't be doing this again soon but it won't be likely be a multi cigar day.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/0c693f12be39ea8cd5bdab88d9ec11be.jpg)
Get yourself a signal booster!
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 12:18:05 PM
Gonna need a little help from ClemsonDave to identify this particular EPC but it is goooooooood.
Almost grabbed a Fuente but figured Dean had to be done with that one by now.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/51a423475ea74789437f343e36853bd6.jpg)
It's going too quickly. My connection needs improvement. Not so easy to work from out here. Not to say I won't be doing this again soon but it won't be likely be a multi cigar day.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/0c693f12be39ea8cd5bdab88d9ec11be.jpg)
Get yourself a signal booster!
I thought I had one. I guess it's not good enough to get through the brick. I'll figure something out.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 13, 2021, 12:30:37 PM
Gonna need a little help from ClemsonDave to identify this particular EPC but it is goooooooood.
Almost grabbed a Fuente but figured Dean had to be done with that one by now.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/51a423475ea74789437f343e36853bd6.jpg)
It's going too quickly. My connection needs improvement. Not so easy to work from out here. Not to say I won't be doing this again soon but it won't be likely be a multi cigar day.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/0c693f12be39ea8cd5bdab88d9ec11be.jpg)
Get yourself a signal booster!
I thought I had one. I guess it's not good enough to get through the brick. I'll figure something out.
Does your router do multiple bands?  If so, try the other band.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 12:31:33 PM
Gonna need a little help from ClemsonDave to identify this particular EPC but it is goooooooood.
Almost grabbed a Fuente but figured Dean had to be done with that one by now.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/51a423475ea74789437f343e36853bd6.jpg)
It's going too quickly. My connection needs improvement. Not so easy to work from out here. Not to say I won't be doing this again soon but it won't be likely be a multi cigar day.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/0c693f12be39ea8cd5bdab88d9ec11be.jpg)
I have reached the nub. (TWSS)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/42bbfe44cc9b5fbd4c8b521aa9fa96d5.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 12:34:06 PM
Gonna need a little help from ClemsonDave to identify this particular EPC but it is goooooooood.
Almost grabbed a Fuente but figured Dean had to be done with that one by now.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/51a423475ea74789437f343e36853bd6.jpg)
It's going too quickly. My connection needs improvement. Not so easy to work from out here. Not to say I won't be doing this again soon but it won't be likely be a multi cigar day.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/0c693f12be39ea8cd5bdab88d9ec11be.jpg)
Get yourself a signal booster!
I thought I had one. I guess it's not good enough to get through the brick. I'll figure something out.
Does your router do multiple bands?  If so, try the other band.
Yeah, fiddling with the bands are what helped me get connected in the first place. After a windows update I was getting "secured connection but no internet access" error message. I'll have to keep playing with it. (TWHS)
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 13, 2021, 12:56:56 PM
Gonna need a little help from ClemsonDave to identify this particular EPC but it is goooooooood.
Almost grabbed a Fuente but figured Dean had to be done with that one by now.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/51a423475ea74789437f343e36853bd6.jpg)
yeah. ended up with a friend stopping by to check on me. I sent him out for a couple of subs.
getting ready for a Diesel corona.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 13, 2021, 12:58:20 PM
afternoon Dave and RazMan.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 12:59:19 PM
Gonna need a little help from ClemsonDave to identify this particular EPC but it is goooooooood.
Almost grabbed a Fuente but figured Dean had to be done with that one by now.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/51a423475ea74789437f343e36853bd6.jpg)
yeah. ended up with a friend stopping by to check on me. I sent him out for a couple of subs.
getting ready for a Diesel corona.
Both sub and Diesel sound delicious. I may have to make myself a sub for lunch now.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 13, 2021, 01:33:54 PM
Gonna need a little help from ClemsonDave to identify this particular EPC but it is goooooooood.
Almost grabbed a Fuente but figured Dean had to be done with that one by now.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/51a423475ea74789437f343e36853bd6.jpg)
yeah. ended up with a friend stopping by to check on me. I sent him out for a couple of subs.
getting ready for a Diesel corona.
Both sub and Diesel sound delicious. I may have to make myself a sub for lunch now.
roast beef and swiss with horseradish and onions. mmmm.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2021, 01:51:41 PM
Gonna need a little help from ClemsonDave to identify this particular EPC but it is goooooooood.
Almost grabbed a Fuente but figured Dean had to be done with that one by now.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/51a423475ea74789437f343e36853bd6.jpg)
yeah. ended up with a friend stopping by to check on me. I sent him out for a couple of subs.
getting ready for a Diesel corona.
Sounds like a good start to the afternoon.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 13, 2021, 01:58:54 PM
afternoon Dave and RazMan.
G'day, Deano.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 13, 2021, 01:59:24 PM
Gonna need a little help from ClemsonDave to identify this particular EPC but it is goooooooood.
Almost grabbed a Fuente but figured Dean had to be done with that one by now.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/51a423475ea74789437f343e36853bd6.jpg)
yeah. ended up with a friend stopping by to check on me. I sent him out for a couple of subs.
getting ready for a Diesel corona.
Both sub and Diesel sound delicious. I may have to make myself a sub for lunch now.
roast beef and swiss with horseradish and onions. mmmm.
Oh, man.  Now I'm hungry.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 13, 2021, 02:10:47 PM
I was driving back from Bend on Thursday and stopped for gas.  As I was pulling into the gas station, I had a sudden sharp stinging in the left side of my lower back. I thought a wasp had slipped into the open window and got me.  Hurt like hell.  But I couldn't find any bugs.
The pain subsided after about 20 minutes.  I didn't think much about it after that until yesterday morning, when I discovered there was a rash in that area.  Still figured it was a bug bite.  Come afternoon, I was feeling fatigued and run-down.  That's when the oh-shit light went on in my head.  Shingles.  Called my doctor, sent him a picture of the affected area.  Sure enough.  So now I'm on Acyclovir 5 times a day.  Fun times.  Middle age sucks.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2021, 02:16:46 PM
Tryin' to start the week off right.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2021, 02:18:57 PM
I was driving back from Bend on Thursday and stopped for gas.  As I was pulling into the gas station, I had a sudden sharp stinging in the left side of my lower back. I thought a wasp had slipped into the open window and got me.  Hurt like hell.  But I couldn't find any bugs.
The pain subsided after about 20 minutes.  I didn't think much about it after that until yesterday morning, when I discovered there was a rash in that area.  Still figured it was a bug bite.  Come afternoon, I was feeling fatigued and run-down.  That's when the oh-shit light went on in my head.  Shingles.  Called my doctor, sent him a picture of the affected area.  Sure enough.  So now I'm on Acyclovir 5 times a day.  Fun times.  Middle age sucks.
Well, that sucks. Getting old is indeed for the birds.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 13, 2021, 02:18:59 PM
Tryin' to start the week off right.
Well, if you can't have the girl in your avatar, then I suppose this will do nicely.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2021, 02:19:54 PM
Speaking of for the birds, time to head out to do a quick modified grocery shopping trip, then go up to see the wife, hopefully after her stomach scoping procedure reveals some answers. Hazzuh.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2021, 02:20:19 PM
Tryin' to start the week off right.
Well, if you can't have the girl in your avatar, then I suppose this will do nicely.
Either one would be alright. ;)
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 02:25:44 PM
I was driving back from Bend on Thursday and stopped for gas.  As I was pulling into the gas station, I had a sudden sharp stinging in the left side of my lower back. I thought a wasp had slipped into the open window and got me.  Hurt like hell.  But I couldn't find any bugs.
The pain subsided after about 20 minutes.  I didn't think much about it after that until yesterday morning, when I discovered there was a rash in that area.  Still figured it was a bug bite.  Come afternoon, I was feeling fatigued and run-down.  That's when the oh-shit light went on in my head.  Shingles.  Called my doctor, sent him a picture of the affected area.  Sure enough.  So now I'm on Acyclovir 5 times a day.  Fun times.  Middle age sucks.
I got shingles in my mid 20s. They say stress can bring it on. But I know that pain and it ain't fun. Good luck to you, Raz.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 13, 2021, 02:26:26 PM
I was driving back from Bend on Thursday and stopped for gas.  As I was pulling into the gas station, I had a sudden sharp stinging in the left side of my lower back. I thought a wasp had slipped into the open window and got me.  Hurt like hell.  But I couldn't find any bugs.
The pain subsided after about 20 minutes.  I didn't think much about it after that until yesterday morning, when I discovered there was a rash in that area.  Still figured it was a bug bite.  Come afternoon, I was feeling fatigued and run-down.  That's when the oh-shit light went on in my head.  Shingles.  Called my doctor, sent him a picture of the affected area.  Sure enough.  So now I'm on Acyclovir 5 times a day.  Fun times.  Middle age sucks.
damn Raz. that sucks. I am lucky. I never had chicken pox so the chance low getting shingles.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 02:26:43 PM
Speaking of for the birds, time to head out to do a quick modified grocery shopping trip, then go up to see the wife, hopefully after her stomach scoping procedure reveals some answers. Hazzuh.
Good luck, Dave.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on September 13, 2021, 02:32:58 PM
time to get ready and Zoom into England at 3pm, 8pm UK time.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 03:50:20 PM
I was driving back from Bend on Thursday and stopped for gas.  As I was pulling into the gas station, I had a sudden sharp stinging in the left side of my lower back. I thought a wasp had slipped into the open window and got me.  Hurt like hell.  But I couldn't find any bugs.
The pain subsided after about 20 minutes.  I didn't think much about it after that until yesterday morning, when I discovered there was a rash in that area.  Still figured it was a bug bite.  Come afternoon, I was feeling fatigued and run-down.  That's when the oh-shit light went on in my head.  Shingles.  Called my doctor, sent him a picture of the affected area.  Sure enough.  So now I'm on Acyclovir 5 times a day.  Fun times.  Middle age sucks.
I got shingles in my mid 20s. They say stress can bring it on. But I know that pain and it ain't fun. Good luck to you, Raz.
I wonder if I can get the vaccine for that one? Definitely don't want to go through that again. Sometimes I still feel side affects 20+ years later.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 13, 2021, 04:19:55 PM
I was driving back from Bend on Thursday and stopped for gas.  As I was pulling into the gas station, I had a sudden sharp stinging in the left side of my lower back. I thought a wasp had slipped into the open window and got me.  Hurt like hell.  But I couldn't find any bugs.
The pain subsided after about 20 minutes.  I didn't think much about it after that until yesterday morning, when I discovered there was a rash in that area.  Still figured it was a bug bite.  Come afternoon, I was feeling fatigued and run-down.  That's when the oh-shit light went on in my head.  Shingles.  Called my doctor, sent him a picture of the affected area.  Sure enough.  So now I'm on Acyclovir 5 times a day.  Fun times.  Middle age sucks.
I got shingles in my mid 20s. They say stress can bring it on. But I know that pain and it ain't fun. Good luck to you, Raz.
Yeah, and the past few weeks had been stressful.  It had calmed down by the Holiday weekend, but I suppose by then the virus was already awakened.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 13, 2021, 04:20:58 PM
I was driving back from Bend on Thursday and stopped for gas.  As I was pulling into the gas station, I had a sudden sharp stinging in the left side of my lower back. I thought a wasp had slipped into the open window and got me.  Hurt like hell.  But I couldn't find any bugs.
The pain subsided after about 20 minutes.  I didn't think much about it after that until yesterday morning, when I discovered there was a rash in that area.  Still figured it was a bug bite.  Come afternoon, I was feeling fatigued and run-down.  That's when the oh-shit light went on in my head.  Shingles.  Called my doctor, sent him a picture of the affected area.  Sure enough.  So now I'm on Acyclovir 5 times a day.  Fun times.  Middle age sucks.
damn Raz. that sucks. I am lucky. I never had chicken pox so the chance low getting shingles.
Lucky you.  Though I expect you'd happily trade your RA for it.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: razgueado on September 13, 2021, 04:38:14 PM
[...]
The likelihood of a recurrence of the disease for you is statistically very small.  About 50% of people who have had chicken pox will get at least one attack of Shingles, but only 10% of those will get a second case.  Getting the vaccine could decrease the chance even lower, but only for about 3 years or so and it wiil not eliminate the chance altogether.  The vaccine can only prevent the disease altogether if given to people who haven't had chicken pox. They don't really understand the nature of the Zoster virus' hibernation, and have yet to figure out a way to locate it in the nervous system when it's hiberating - at least not in living tissue.  If you're still having pain, but not flareups, it's likely postherpetic neuralgia due to nerve damage from the previous infection. How's that for Internet Doctoring?

Anyway, may not be worth the trouble of the vaccine, or maybe it is to you.  Discuss it with your doctor.

My case is mild - just that one stab of pain on Thursday, and subsequently an itchy rash and low-grade fever and malaise.  Calamine lotion is managing the itch.  My dad had a much more painful case a couple of years ago.  So I'm lucky.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on September 13, 2021, 06:09:30 PM
Mellow Monday
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 13, 2021, 07:08:01 PM
Tryin' to start the week off right.
Those are quite good.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 13, 2021, 07:10:07 PM
Mellow Monday
Another fine Connecticut.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: bluecollar on September 13, 2021, 07:15:26 PM
Cooked steaks on the grill. Now finishing this New World and it's couch time for me. Wish me luck tomorrow. I'm meeting with the City for code enforcement. Employer wants to not hire any help.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/e77b5f98dc4b9d5b7ec19818d1c96b8e.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 08:01:14 PM
Cooked steaks on the grill. Now finishing this New World and it's couch time for me. Wish me luck tomorrow. I'm meeting with the City for code enforcement. Employer wants to not hire any help.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210913/e77b5f98dc4b9d5b7ec19818d1c96b8e.jpg)
Good luck with that, Rick. Keep us posted.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2021, 08:03:19 PM
[...]

Varicella Zoster is a Herpes virus.  They do a good job of hiding out and preventing elimination.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2021, 08:05:56 PM
Mellow Monday
Much better than the Manic kind.  Evening Oy.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 13, 2021, 08:13:49 PM
Time for a little more football.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2021, 09:17:37 PM
La Palina Red

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210914/7eb17ed4be4e92f168d435c50b48f747.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 10:24:20 PM
La Palina Red

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210914/7eb17ed4be4e92f168d435c50b48f747.jpg)
Almost went with that one this morning and changed my mind. Actually found a lot of old cigars I hadn't thought about in quite some time. Mi Barrio comes to mind.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 13, 2021, 11:11:13 PM
La Palina Red

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210914/7eb17ed4be4e92f168d435c50b48f747.jpg)
Almost went with that one this morning and changed my mind. Actually found a lot of old cigars I hadn't thought about in quite some time. Mi Barrio comes to mind.
Still a fine cigar, that one.
Title: Re: 9/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 13, 2021, 11:21:22 PM
La Palina Red

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210914/7eb17ed4be4e92f168d435c50b48f747.jpg)
Almost went with that one this morning and changed my mind. Actually found a lot of old cigars I hadn't thought about in quite some time. Mi Barrio comes to mind.
Still a fine cigar, that one.
Looks like mostly rain here tomorrow but I'm going to try to smoke that one this week.