CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: 11/18/2019  (Read 6739 times)

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
Re: 11/18/2019
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2019, 02:06:42 PM »

truck unloaded, Archives put away, cigar and coffee before hottub soak.

sfish

« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2019, 02:08:22 PM »

How goes it Fishy?
Hello David! Been a strange run here for the last 3 months, in September we found out that JLL lost the Merck account after 9 years of stellar performance. Some serious political shit must have gone wrong here, regardless the new company (Sodexo) came in and just last week offered me my same position with them so it's been a tough few months.

GFY Bean!!
Ouch. That's nuts. Good that they want to keep you though. Did JLL also offer to keep you?
They want to but we're a 65 person crew here and they simply don't have another account to send everybody to, they're a service provider but HR just requested my resume' so who knows. Crazy part is that I get a significant raise from the new company
That's a win / win!
Indeed, could have gone much worse, stressful run.

For Dean - I keep my same job, same site just different company on the paycheck

sfish

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2019, 02:08:55 PM »

I'm lost but you got me at raise.
TWSS
This should clear things up for you.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coe
Cab-over-engine comes up before Center-of-Excellence ? What a shitty dictionary.
I'd believe the first one for Scott before I'd believe the second.  8)
That's why you'll never be a COE

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2019, 02:19:52 PM »

TWSS
Cab-over-engine comes up before Center-of-Excellence ? What a shitty dictionary.
It's fine, I've been called worse.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2019, 02:19:59 PM »

Hazzuh!

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2019, 02:21:27 PM »

How goes it Fishy?
Hello David! Been a strange run here for the last 3 months, in September we found out that JLL lost the Merck account after 9 years of stellar performance. Some serious political shit must have gone wrong here, regardless the new company (Sodexo) came in and just last week offered me my same position with them so it's been a tough few months.

GFY Bean!!
Ouch. That's nuts. Good that they want to keep you though. Did JLL also offer to keep you?
They want to but we're a 65 person crew here and they simply don't have another account to send everybody to, they're a service provider but HR just requested my resume' so who knows. Crazy part is that I get a significant raise from the new company
That's a win / win!

and more money! GREAT.

Threebean

« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2019, 02:24:27 PM »

How goes it Fishy?

GFY Bean!!
That's a win / win!

and more money! GREAT.
Not to be a DebbieDowner, but figuring the new outfit got the contract in part because they proposed lower costs it's possible they gave raises but will layoff a good portion of the work force. Those remaining earn more than before but become responsible for more work.  Damn Corporate Greed! 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2019, 02:27:03 PM »

How goes it Fishy?

GFY Bean!!
That's a win / win!

and more money! GREAT.
Not to be a DebbieDowner, but figuring the new outfit got the contract in part because they proposed lower costs it's possible they gave raises but will layoff a good portion of the work force. Those remaining earn more than before but become responsible for more work.  Damn Corporate Greed!
That does sound about right.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2019, 02:27:22 PM »

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2019, 02:35:34 PM »

How goes it Fishy?

GFY Bean!!
That's a win / win!

and more money! GREAT.
bubble buster Mark.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2019, 02:38:00 PM »

TWSS
It's fine, I've been called worse.
As a matter of fact, just this morning...

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2019, 02:46:19 PM »

Morning, muchachos. Hunting in Montana.
be careful.

Man mistakes brother for deer and shoots him in hunting accident.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/11/17/deer-hunting-accident-brother-shoots-brother-ionia-county/4222892002/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatodaycomnation-topstories
It's a risk. We wear orange vests and I wear an orange hat. And we all are familiar with how the brain can superimpose perceptions. It's not a big a risk out here, because it's very open country. You don't spend a lot of time bushwhacking.

Okay, the first buck (not mine) has been hung and skinned to cool. Back to the field.

Threebean

« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2019, 02:58:28 PM »

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2019, 02:59:08 PM »

nice afternoon.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7