CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on November 18, 2019, 12:03:25 AM

Title: 11/18/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on November 18, 2019, 12:03:25 AM
Happy Monday!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 18, 2019, 05:57:35 AM
Happy Dean Day.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 18, 2019, 07:01:48 AM
Good morning, LTG.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 18, 2019, 07:03:59 AM
Cold and rainy here. About 2° shy of it turning to snow. So I'm not complaining.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: bluecollar on November 18, 2019, 07:06:51 AM
Good morning guys. Late start but Camacho Connecticut going and Coffee
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 18, 2019, 07:15:11 AM
Good morning guys. Late start but Camacho Connecticut going and Coffee
Later start for me too but no cigars.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 18, 2019, 07:15:31 AM
Good morning, Rick.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 18, 2019, 07:16:50 AM
Happy Dean Day.
Yea, for Dean anyway.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 18, 2019, 07:18:40 AM
Morning Tony, KeepinEmWarmRick and BrownieDave.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: bluecollar on November 18, 2019, 07:34:11 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, and, Dave. Yesterday was beautiful 44 degrees and sunny. I was able to cook Tbones on the grill. Today's high is 38. I'll take it.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 18, 2019, 07:45:52 AM
Today is Monday, Nov. 18, the 322nd day of 2019. There are 43 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On Nov. 18, 1987, the congressional Iran-Contra committees issued their final report, saying President Ronald Reagan bore “ultimate responsibility” for wrongdoing by his aides.

On this date:
In 1865, Mark Twain’s first literary success, the original version of his short story “The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County,” was first published in the New York Saturday Press under the title “Jim Smiley and His Jumping Frog.”
In 1883, the United States and Canada adopted a system of Standard Time zones.
In 1916, the World War I Battle of the Somme pitting British and French forces against German troops ended inconclusively after 4 1/2 months of bloodshed.

In 1959, “Ben-Hur,” the Biblical-era spectacle starring Charlton Heston, had its world premiere in New York.
In 1963, the Bell System introduced the first commercial touch-tone telephone system in Carnegie and Greensburg, Pennsylvania.
In 1976, Spain’s parliament approved a bill to establish a democracy after 37 years of dictatorship.
In 1978, U.S. Rep. Leo J. Ryan, D-Calif., and four others were killed in Jonestown, Guyana, by members of the Peoples Temple; the killings were followed by a night of mass murder and suicide by more than 900 cult members.
In 1987, a fire at London King’s Cross railway station claimed 31 lives.
In 1991, Shiite (SHEE’-eyet) Muslim kidnappers in Lebanon freed Anglican Church envoy Terry Waite and Thomas Sutherland, the American dean of agriculture at the American University of Beirut.

In 1999, 12 people were killed when a bonfire under construction at Texas A-and-M University collapsed. A jury in Jasper, Texas, convicted Shawn Allen Berry of murder for his role in the dragging death of James Byrd Jr., but spared him the death penalty.
In 2003, the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court ruled 4-to-3 that the state constitution guaranteed gay couples the right to marry.
In 2004, Britain outlawed fox hunting in England and Wales.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 18, 2019, 07:46:55 AM
Ten years ago: President Barack Obama visited the Great Wall of China, which he described as “magical,” before heading to Seoul, South Korea, for the final stop of his eight-day Asia tour. Two days before turning 92, Sen. Robert C. Byrd, D-W.Va., set a record for longest-serving lawmaker in congressional history at 56 years, 320 days. (That record was broken in 2013 by U.S. Rep. John Dingell, D-Mich.)

Five years ago: Several feet of lake-effect snow paralyzed the Buffalo, New York, area on a wintry day when temperatures fell to freezing or below in all 50 states. Israel vowed harsh retaliation for a Palestinian attack on a synagogue in Jerusalem that left five people dead.

One year ago: Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson conceded his bitterly-close re-election bid to Republican Rick Scott, after a bruising recount left Nelson thousands of votes short of the outgoing governor. Finland’s president said he wasn’t sure where President Donald Trump got the idea that raking was part of Finland’s routine for managing its forests; Trump had told reporters a day earlier that wildfires weren’t a problem in Finland because crews “spend a lot of time on raking and cleaning” forest floors. For the first time since 1996, Army made it into the Associated Press Top 25 college football poll, achieving a No. 23 ranking.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: razgueado on November 18, 2019, 07:49:49 AM
Morning, muchachos. Hunting in Montana.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 18, 2019, 07:51:01 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Actress Brenda Vaccaro is 80.
Author-poet Margaret Atwood is 80.
Actress Linda Evans is 77.
Actress Susan Sullivan is 77.
Country singer Jacky Ward is 73.
Actor Jameson Parker is 72.
Actress-singer Andrea Marcovicci is 71.
Rock musician Herman Rarebell is 70.
Singer Graham Parker is 69.
Actor Delroy Lindo is 67.
Comedian Kevin Nealon is 66.
Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback Warren Moon is 63.
Actor Oscar Nunez is 61.
Actress Elizabeth Perkins is 59.
Singer Kim Wilde is 59.
Actor Tim Guinee is 57.
Rock musician Kirk Hammett (Metallica) is 57.
Rock singer Tim DeLaughter (dee-LAW’-ter) is 54.
Actor Romany Malco is 51.
Actor Owen Wilson is 51.
Actor Dan Bakkedahl is 51.
Singer Duncan Sheik is 50.
Actor Mike Epps is 49.
Actress Peta Wilson is 49.
Actress Chloe Sevigny (SEH’-ven-ee) is 45.
Country singer Jessi Alexander is 43.
Actor Steven Pasquale is 43.
Rock musician Alberto Bof (Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real) is 42.
Rapper Fabolous is 42.
Actor-director Nate Parker is 40.
 Rapper Mike Jones is 39.
Actress Mekia Cox is 38.
Actress-comedian Nasim Pedrad (nah-SEEM’ peh-DRAHD’) is 38.
Actress Allison Tolman is 38.
Actress Christina Vidal is 38.
Actor Damon Wayans Jr. is 37.
Country singer TJ Osborne (Brothers Osborne) is 35.
Fashion designer Christian Siriano is 34.
Actor Nathan Kress is 27.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 18, 2019, 07:51:43 AM
Couple of rappers to start Mr. Beans day off right.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 18, 2019, 07:52:28 AM
Thought for Today: “Few people can see genius in someone who has offended them.” [–] Robertson Davies, Canadian author (1913-1995).
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 18, 2019, 07:53:45 AM
Morning, muchachos. Hunting in Montana.
Early start at it.  Good luck!  Morning Mr. Raz.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: razgueado on November 18, 2019, 07:58:44 AM
Morning, muchachos. Hunting in Montana.
Early start at it.  Good luck!  Morning Mr. Raz.
Eating breakfast, we'll be in the field by daybreak.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 18, 2019, 08:27:52 AM
Morning, muchachos. Hunting in Montana.
Good morning, EarlyBirdCatchesTheWormBret.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 18, 2019, 08:37:52 AM

On this date:
In 1865, Mark Twain’s first literary success, the original version of his short story “The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County,” was first published in the New York Saturday Press under the title “Jim Smiley and His Jumping Frog.”

Was Clemens a cigar smoker?
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 18, 2019, 08:38:21 AM
Morning Tony, KeepinEmWarmRick and BrownieDave.
Good morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 18, 2019, 08:43:10 AM

On this date:
In 1865, Mark Twain’s first literary success, the original version of his short story “The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County,” was first published in the New York Saturday Press under the title “Jim Smiley and His Jumping Frog.”

Was Clemens a cigar smoker?
Duh... Forgot about the Mark Twain cigars.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191118/ade8a25c69b8ba21c7748d235d0d5b13.jpg)
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 18, 2019, 08:59:36 AM

On this date:
In 1865, Mark Twain’s first literary success, the original version of his short story “The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County,” was first published in the New York Saturday Press under the title “Jim Smiley and His Jumping Frog.”

Was Clemens a cigar smoker?
Duh... Forgot about the Mark Twain cigars.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191118/ade8a25c69b8ba21c7748d235d0d5b13.jpg)
I thought you were joking.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 18, 2019, 09:00:11 AM

On this date:
In 1865, Mark Twain’s first literary success, the original version of his short story “The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County,” was first published in the New York Saturday Press under the title “Jim Smiley and His Jumping Frog.”

Was Clemens a cigar smoker?
Duh... Forgot about the Mark Twain cigars.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191118/ade8a25c69b8ba21c7748d235d0d5b13.jpg)
I thought you were joking.
“I never smoke to excess – that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time.”
“If I cannot smoke in heaven, then I shall not go.”
“It has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep, and never to refrain when awake.” - Mark Twain
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 18, 2019, 09:00:51 AM
Morning, muchachos. Hunting in Montana.
Good morning, EarlyBirdCatchesTheWormBret.
Don't think he's going for worms...
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 18, 2019, 09:03:15 AM

On this date:
In 1865, Mark Twain’s first literary success, the original version of his short story “The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County,” was first published in the New York Saturday Press under the title “Jim Smiley and His Jumping Frog.”

Was Clemens a cigar smoker?
Duh... Forgot about the Mark Twain cigars.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191118/ade8a25c69b8ba21c7748d235d0d5b13.jpg)
I thought you were joking.
“I never smoke to excess – that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time.”
“If I cannot smoke in heaven, then I shall not go.”
“It has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep, and never to refrain when awake.” - Mark Twain
He was quite prolific.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 18, 2019, 09:04:15 AM
Morning, muchachos. Hunting in Montana.
Good morning, EarlyBirdCatchesTheWormBret.
Don't think he's going for worms...
I'm no Samuel Clemens so I used a canned proverb.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on November 18, 2019, 09:10:31 AM
good morning. Happy Monday.❤
redhead, hottub, donuts, coffee, and cigars. been a busy morning.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 18, 2019, 09:14:35 AM
good morning. Happy Monday.
redhead, hottub, donuts, coffee, and cigars. been a busy morning.
I'll say!
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 18, 2019, 09:27:22 AM
good morning. Happy Monday.❤
redhead, hottub, donuts, coffee, and cigars. been a busy morning.
Don't want to ask what combination of above mentioned items...
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 18, 2019, 09:37:45 AM
good morning. Happy Monday.❤
redhead, hottub, donuts, coffee, and cigars. been a busy morning.
Don't want to ask what combination of above mentioned items...
Yeah you do.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on November 18, 2019, 09:49:40 AM
good morning. Happy Monday.❤
redhead, hottub, donuts, coffee, and cigars. been a busy morning.
Don't want to ask what combination of above mentioned items...
Yeah you do.
all rated PG so just use your imagination.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: bluecollar on November 18, 2019, 09:51:45 AM
good morning. Happy Monday.
redhead, hottub, donuts, coffee, and cigars. been a busy morning.
Me too but not in that sense.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: bluecollar on November 18, 2019, 09:53:15 AM
https://www.smokingpipes.com/smokingpipesblog/single.cfm/post/mark-twain-unrepentant-tobaccophile

Good article
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on November 18, 2019, 10:24:39 AM
https://www.smokingpipes.com/smokingpipesblog/single.cfm/post/mark-twain-unrepentant-tobaccophile

Good article
nicely done.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: sfish on November 18, 2019, 10:44:55 AM
Good morning boys!

@Rick, smoked the Espinosa Reggae this weekend as ordered. Enjoyed it very much would definitely buy more, I liked the infusion of Jamaican tobacco it gave the cigar a notable flavor above the typical Espinosa base, very nice
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on November 18, 2019, 10:50:45 AM
https://www.smokingpipes.com/smokingpipesblog/single.cfm/post/mark-twain-unrepentant-tobaccophile

Good article
nicely done.
Indeed.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 18, 2019, 10:51:04 AM
How goes it Fishy?
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 18, 2019, 10:51:41 AM
And Mr. Bean has arrived as well.  Good Day Sir!
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on November 18, 2019, 10:51:54 AM
Good morning Daves, Dean, Rick, Tony, and OccasionalFish.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on November 18, 2019, 11:03:55 AM
How is this called a car?
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/worlds-fastest-car-hits-speeds-20905594 (https://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/worlds-fastest-car-hits-speeds-20905594)
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 18, 2019, 11:09:24 AM
And Mr. Bean has arrived as well.  Good Day Sir!
Looks like the gang's all here, at least for the moment.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 18, 2019, 11:14:22 AM
Good morning boys!

@Rick, smoked the Espinosa Reggae this weekend as ordered. Enjoyed it very much would definitely buy more, I liked the infusion of Jamaican tobacco it gave the cigar a notable flavor above the typical Espinosa base, very nice
Hiya Scott. I'm intrigued and will seek out the Reggae myself.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 18, 2019, 11:17:56 AM
How is this called a car?
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/worlds-fastest-car-hits-speeds-20905594 (https://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/worlds-fastest-car-hits-speeds-20905594)
That would scare the piss out of me. I would feel much safer in the air at those speeds. I feel like running over an ant would send you flying off the track.

Good morning, Mark.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: sfish on November 18, 2019, 11:18:55 AM
Good morning boys!

@Rick, smoked the Espinosa Reggae this weekend as ordered. Enjoyed it very much would definitely buy more, I liked the infusion of Jamaican tobacco it gave the cigar a notable flavor above the typical Espinosa base, very nice
Hiya Scott. I'm intrigued and will seek out the Reggae myself.
Hey Tony, very nice typical Espinosa with a little something different
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: bluecollar on November 18, 2019, 11:20:45 AM
Good morning boys!

@Rick, smoked the Espinosa Reggae this weekend as ordered. Enjoyed it very much would definitely buy more, I liked the infusion of Jamaican tobacco it gave the cigar a notable flavor above the typical Espinosa base, very nice
Yeah it's very nicely done without infusing any of that cow tongue which is done in the upsetters by Nick from foundation
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: sfish on November 18, 2019, 11:22:20 AM
How goes it Fishy?
Hello David! Been a strange run here for the last 3 months, in September we found out that JLL lost the Merck account after 9 years of stellar performance. Some serious political shit must have gone wrong here, regardless the new company (Sodexo) came in and just last week offered me my same position with them so it's been a tough few months.

GFY Bean!!
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 18, 2019, 11:25:23 AM
How goes it Fishy?
Hello David! Been a strange run here for the last 3 months, in September we found out that JLL lost the Merck account after 9 years of stellar performance. Some serious political shit must have gone wrong here, regardless the new company (Sodexo) came in and just last week offered me my same position with them so it's been a tough few months.

GFY Bean!!
Ouch. That's nuts. Good that they want to keep you though. Did JLL also offer to keep you?
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on November 18, 2019, 11:43:44 AM
How goes it Fishy?
Hello David! Been a strange run here for the last 3 months, in September we found out that JLL lost the Merck account after 9 years of stellar performance. Some serious political shit must have gone wrong here, regardless the new company (Sodexo) came in and just last week offered me my same position with them so it's been a tough few months.

GFY Bean!!
Gee, hope the new company doesn't take away your bicycle.  That would suck!
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on November 18, 2019, 11:46:33 AM
How goes it Fishy?
Hello David! Been a strange run here for the last 3 months, in September we found out that JLL lost the Merck account after 9 years of stellar performance. Some serious political shit must have gone wrong here, regardless the new company (Sodexo) came in and just last week offered me my same position with them so it's been a tough few months.

GFY Bean!!
Ouch. That's nuts. Good that they want to keep you though. Did JLL also offer to keep you?
Yes, but after reviewing his Performance Achievement Ladder they want to move him to the Crown Molding Division.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: sfish on November 18, 2019, 11:51:48 AM
How goes it Fishy?
Hello David! Been a strange run here for the last 3 months, in September we found out that JLL lost the Merck account after 9 years of stellar performance. Some serious political shit must have gone wrong here, regardless the new company (Sodexo) came in and just last week offered me my same position with them so it's been a tough few months.

GFY Bean!!
Ouch. That's nuts. Good that they want to keep you though. Did JLL also offer to keep you?
They want to but we're a 65 person crew here and they simply don't have another account to send everybody to, they're a service provider but HR just requested my resume' so who knows. Crazy part is that I get a significant raise from the new company
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: sfish on November 18, 2019, 11:52:52 AM
How goes it Fishy?
Hello David! Been a strange run here for the last 3 months, in September we found out that JLL lost the Merck account after 9 years of stellar performance. Some serious political shit must have gone wrong here, regardless the new company (Sodexo) came in and just last week offered me my same position with them so it's been a tough few months.

GFY Bean!!
Ouch. That's nuts. Good that they want to keep you though. Did JLL also offer to keep you?
Yes, but after reviewing his Performance Achievement Ladder they want to move him to the Crown Molding Division.
LMAO, I'm the COE for that division
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: bluecollar on November 18, 2019, 12:15:27 PM
I'm lost but you got me at raise.
TWSS
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on November 18, 2019, 12:25:57 PM
I'm lost but you got me at raise.
TWSS
This should clear things up for you.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coe (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coe)
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on November 18, 2019, 12:43:53 PM
How goes it Fishy?
Hello David! Been a strange run here for the last 3 months, in September we found out that JLL lost the Merck account after 9 years of stellar performance. Some serious political shit must have gone wrong here, regardless the new company (Sodexo) came in and just last week offered me my same position with them so it's been a tough few months.

GFY Bean!!
Ouch. That's nuts. Good that they want to keep you though. Did JLL also offer to keep you?
They want to but we're a 65 person crew here and they simply don't have another account to send everybody to, they're a service provider but HR just requested my resume' so who knows. Crazy part is that I get a significant raise from the new company
is it close to where you are or a greater commute/hours/work from home options, etc?
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 18, 2019, 12:45:36 PM
I'm lost but you got me at raise.
TWSS
This should clear things up for you.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coe (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coe)
So Scott is the hut, or the sheep disease? :D
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on November 18, 2019, 12:47:08 PM
I'm lost but you got me at raise.
TWSS
This should clear things up for you.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coe (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coe)
I'm staying away from this one.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 18, 2019, 01:13:13 PM
How goes it Fishy?
Hello David! Been a strange run here for the last 3 months, in September we found out that JLL lost the Merck account after 9 years of stellar performance. Some serious political shit must have gone wrong here, regardless the new company (Sodexo) came in and just last week offered me my same position with them so it's been a tough few months.

GFY Bean!!
Ouch. That's nuts. Good that they want to keep you though. Did JLL also offer to keep you?
They want to but we're a 65 person crew here and they simply don't have another account to send everybody to, they're a service provider but HR just requested my resume' so who knows. Crazy part is that I get a significant raise from the new company
That's a win / win!
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 18, 2019, 01:17:17 PM
I'm lost but you got me at raise.
TWSS
This should clear things up for you.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coe (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coe)
Cab-over-engine comes up before Center-of-Excellence ? What a shitty dictionary.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 18, 2019, 01:52:49 PM
I'm lost but you got me at raise.
TWSS
This should clear things up for you.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coe (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coe)
Cab-over-engine comes up before Center-of-Excellence ? What a shitty dictionary.
I'd believe the first one for Scott before I'd believe the second.  8)
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on November 18, 2019, 02:06:42 PM
truck unloaded, Archives put away, cigar and coffee before hottub soak.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: sfish on November 18, 2019, 02:08:22 PM
How goes it Fishy?
Hello David! Been a strange run here for the last 3 months, in September we found out that JLL lost the Merck account after 9 years of stellar performance. Some serious political shit must have gone wrong here, regardless the new company (Sodexo) came in and just last week offered me my same position with them so it's been a tough few months.

GFY Bean!!
Ouch. That's nuts. Good that they want to keep you though. Did JLL also offer to keep you?
They want to but we're a 65 person crew here and they simply don't have another account to send everybody to, they're a service provider but HR just requested my resume' so who knows. Crazy part is that I get a significant raise from the new company
That's a win / win!
Indeed, could have gone much worse, stressful run.

For Dean - I keep my same job, same site just different company on the paycheck
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: sfish on November 18, 2019, 02:08:55 PM
I'm lost but you got me at raise.
TWSS
This should clear things up for you.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coe (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coe)
Cab-over-engine comes up before Center-of-Excellence ? What a shitty dictionary.
I'd believe the first one for Scott before I'd believe the second.  8)
That's why you'll never be a COE
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 18, 2019, 02:19:52 PM
I'm lost but you got me at raise.
TWSS
This should clear things up for you.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coe (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coe)
Cab-over-engine comes up before Center-of-Excellence ? What a shitty dictionary.
I'd believe the first one for Scott before I'd believe the second.  8)
That's why you'll never be a COE
It's fine, I've been called worse.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 18, 2019, 02:19:59 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on November 18, 2019, 02:21:27 PM
[...]

and more money! GREAT.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on November 18, 2019, 02:24:27 PM
[...]

Not to be a DebbieDowner, but figuring the new outfit got the contract in part because they proposed lower costs it's possible they gave raises but will layoff a good portion of the work force. Those remaining earn more than before but become responsible for more work.  Damn Corporate Greed!
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 18, 2019, 02:27:03 PM
[...]

That does sound about right.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 18, 2019, 02:27:22 PM
Hazzuh!
Later, Dave.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on November 18, 2019, 02:35:34 PM
[...]

bubble buster Mark.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 18, 2019, 02:38:00 PM
I'm lost but you got me at raise.
TWSS
This should clear things up for you.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coe (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coe)
Cab-over-engine comes up before Center-of-Excellence ? What a shitty dictionary.
I'd believe the first one for Scott before I'd believe the second.  8)
That's why you'll never be a COE
It's fine, I've been called worse.
As a matter of fact, just this morning...
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on November 18, 2019, 02:40:06 PM
Morning, muchachos. Hunting in Montana.
be careful.

Man mistakes brother for deer and shoots him in hunting accident.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/11/17/deer-hunting-accident-brother-shoots-brother-ionia-county/4222892002/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatodaycomnation-topstories
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: razgueado on November 18, 2019, 02:46:19 PM
Morning, muchachos. Hunting in Montana.
be careful.

Man mistakes brother for deer and shoots him in hunting accident.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/11/17/deer-hunting-accident-brother-shoots-brother-ionia-county/4222892002/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatodaycomnation-topstories
It's a risk. We wear orange vests and I wear an orange hat. And we all are familiar with how the brain can superimpose perceptions. It's not a big a risk out here, because it's very open country. You don't spend a lot of time bushwhacking.

Okay, the first buck (not mine) has been hung and skinned to cool. Back to the field.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on November 18, 2019, 02:58:28 PM
Morning, muchachos. Hunting in Montana.
be careful.

Man mistakes brother for deer and shoots him in hunting accident.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/11/17/deer-hunting-accident-brother-shoots-brother-ionia-county/4222892002/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatodaycomnation-topstories
....You don't spend a lot of time bushwhacking....
TWSS.

Raz should know better than to use such terms here.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on November 18, 2019, 02:59:08 PM
nice afternoon.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: sfish on November 18, 2019, 03:29:39 PM
[...]

Been through all of those scenarios, Merck is dictating terms and knows they need us. Sodexo admitted it would cost them more to bring in someone with equal talent and train them for this site. Move was also about diversity, Magic Johnson is part owner
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on November 18, 2019, 03:45:24 PM
[...]

"Sodexo is a French food services and facilities management company headquartered in the Paris suburb of Issy-les-Moulineaux." Better learn to parlez-vous some français if you want to effectively kiss-ass.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on November 18, 2019, 03:47:05 PM
Amazon Basin in the man cave with water.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191118/383a068ab85ff96246c924cbe828fbb1.jpg)
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: bluecollar on November 18, 2019, 04:15:42 PM
Amazon Basin in the man cave with water.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191118/383a068ab85ff96246c924cbe828fbb1.jpg)
You have to move that ashtray around so we can see more of the batcave
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: bluecollar on November 18, 2019, 04:18:53 PM
Do do do looking out my back door.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191118/be194f14d4b9b82b714d49e5d27f277f.jpg)
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 18, 2019, 04:43:44 PM
Morning, muchachos. Hunting in Montana.
be careful.

Man mistakes brother for deer and shoots him in hunting accident.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/11/17/deer-hunting-accident-brother-shoots-brother-ionia-county/4222892002/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatodaycomnation-topstories
....You don't spend a lot of time bushwhacking....
TWSS.

Raz should know better than to use such terms here.
Couldn't agree more. Not with this sophomoric lot. He did it to himself.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 18, 2019, 04:45:44 PM
Do do do looking out my back door.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191118/be194f14d4b9b82b714d49e5d27f277f.jpg)
Well done, Rick. CCR approved!
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on November 18, 2019, 04:51:06 PM
Amazon Basin in the man cave with water.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191118/383a068ab85ff96246c924cbe828fbb1.jpg)
You have to move that ashtray around so we can see more of the batcave
It's a 6.5 ft x 12.5 ft closet with a window, supply and exhaust air.  Not much to see.  But I'll try to accommodate.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on November 18, 2019, 04:52:30 PM
Better?
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191118/335e5b121efff02f20a970f695ceebc6.jpg)
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on November 18, 2019, 04:53:14 PM
Ceiling and wall exhaust.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191118/458cbc5d70b54fea4b1c34b591002a76.jpg)
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: bluecollar on November 18, 2019, 05:00:00 PM
Ceiling and wall exhaust.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191118/458cbc5d70b54fea4b1c34b591002a76.jpg)
Bean that's pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: bluecollar on November 18, 2019, 05:02:15 PM
Do do do looking out my back door.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191118/be194f14d4b9b82b714d49e5d27f277f.jpg)
Well done, Rick. CCR approved!
lol. Weather looking a tad better latter in the week. Cheers to you. I hope you get a couple good smokes in.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 18, 2019, 05:25:07 PM
Better?
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191118/335e5b121efff02f20a970f695ceebc6.jpg)
That's actually very cool. I thought we were looking at some art deco moulding and now I see that it's a vent.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 18, 2019, 05:26:00 PM
Do do do looking out my back door.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191118/be194f14d4b9b82b714d49e5d27f277f.jpg)
Well done, Rick. CCR approved!
lol. Weather looking a tad better latter in the week. Cheers to you. I hope you get a couple good smokes in.
Me too. Thanks.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on November 18, 2019, 05:46:04 PM
Better?
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191118/335e5b121efff02f20a970f695ceebc6.jpg)
That's actually very cool. I thought we were looking at some art deco moulding and now I see that it's a vent.
Thanks.  I'm going to add some crown molding soon, real soon...
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: sfish on November 18, 2019, 06:34:18 PM
Better?
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191118/335e5b121efff02f20a970f695ceebc6.jpg)
That's actually very cool. I thought we were looking at some art deco moulding and now I see that it's a vent.
Thanks.  I'm going to add some crown molding soon, real soon...
Hmmmm
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: bluecollar on November 18, 2019, 06:53:13 PM
Better?
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191118/335e5b121efff02f20a970f695ceebc6.jpg)
That's actually very cool. I thought we were looking at some art deco moulding and now I see that it's a vent.
Thanks.  I'm going to add some crown molding soon, real soon...
Hmmmm
I think that is how my next sleep study is going to go
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 18, 2019, 08:27:31 PM
Evening Doomsayer.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 18, 2019, 08:31:37 PM
[...]

So when are you going to meet the new boss?
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 18, 2019, 08:32:47 PM
[...]

Or French kiss ass as the case may be.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 18, 2019, 08:35:12 PM
Better?
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191118/335e5b121efff02f20a970f695ceebc6.jpg)
That's actually very cool. I thought we were looking at some art deco moulding and now I see that it's a vent.
You know he doesn't do mouldings.
Title: Re: 11/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 18, 2019, 08:36:29 PM
Well, that was an enjoyable  catch up!  😁