CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: 4/19/2021  (Read 2568 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 4/19/2021
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2021, 11:40:24 AM »

Page turnin' Dave.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2021, 12:10:52 PM »

Good morning, ClemsonDave and SleptLikeABabyBret.
Like a baby would be a stretch.  It was dicey at 2am and 4am, but I managed to get back to sleep.
Babies wake up during the night too.
But I'm not ready to start wearing a diaper to bed... >:(   :o :o
Are you sure?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2021, 12:43:26 PM »

Good morning, ClemsonDave and SleptLikeABabyBret.
Like a baby would be a stretch.  It was dicey at 2am and 4am, but I managed to get back to sleep.
Babies wake up during the night too.
But I'm not ready to start wearing a diaper to bed... >:(   :o :o
Are you sure?
I'm sure I don't want to hear about it...

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2021, 01:33:15 PM »

Afternoon, boyos. Dryer saga here is complete. Got the new one in, and it still didn't work. Ran, but no heat. Took us a while to track down the faulty fuse that was actually the cause of the whole issue.

Oh well, old one was 16 years old anyways, so it served us well, even if it wasn't quite done yet. Lol

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2021, 01:50:27 PM »

Afternoon, boyos. Dryer saga here is complete. Got the new one in, and it still didn't work. Ran, but no heat. Took us a while to track down the faulty fuse that was actually the cause of the whole issue.

Oh well, old one was 16 years old anyways, so it served us well, even if it wasn't quite done yet. Lol
Economy needs stimulatin'

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2021, 01:52:33 PM »

Wait...your dryer has a separate electrical connection for the motor and the heating assembly?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2021, 02:08:14 PM »

Wait...your dryer has a separate electrical connection for the motor and the heating assembly?
It runs to a small box off the main box, with 2-30 amp fuses. One of them clearly blew out, and when I replaced it, the dryer ran again, but with no heat. I assumed the fuse blowing blew out the heating element

So short answer, yes, and I had no idea they both had to be good to run both the dryer and the heating. So I guess I learned something new today.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2021, 02:08:54 PM »

It runs to a small box off the main box, with 2-30 amp fuses. One of them clearly blew out, and when I replaced it, the dryer ran again, but with no heat. I assumed the fuse blowing blew out the heating element

So short answer, yes, and I had no idea they both had to be good to run both the dryer and the heating. So I guess I learned something new today.
But no, the electrical connections aren't separate. So I have no idea how that works. Only that it does now.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2021, 02:09:32 PM »

Economy needs stimulatin'
I've done my part.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2021, 02:42:49 PM »

Afternoon!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2021, 02:45:00 PM »

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2021, 03:05:38 PM »

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2021, 03:20:36 PM »

But no, the electrical connections aren't separate. So I have no idea how that works. Only that it does now.
Interesting and confusing at the same time. I don't think that's my issue. I'm replacing the drive belt around the drum later today. Wish me luck.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2021, 04:24:00 PM »

On to #2.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2021, 05:15:15 PM »

Interesting and confusing at the same time. I don't think that's my issue. I'm replacing the drive belt around the drum later today. Wish me luck.
You're right on both counts. Good luck to ya!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4