CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: 3/23/2018  (Read 5714 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 3/23/2018
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2018, 06:52:15 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Movie director Mark Rydell is 89. International Motorsports Hall of Famer Craig Breedlove is 81. Singer-producer Ric Ocasek is 69. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is 66. Singer Chaka Khan is 65. Actress Amanda Plummer is 61. Actress Catherine Keener is 59. Actress Hope Davis is 54. Actor Richard Grieco is 53. Country musician Kevin Griffin (Yankee Grey) is 53. Actress Marin Hinkle is 52. Rock singer-musician Damon Albarn (Blur) is 50. Actress-singer Melissa Errico is 48. Rock musician John Humphrey (The Nixons) is 48. Bandleader Reggie Watts (TV: "The Late Late Show With James Corden") is 46. Actor Randall Park is 44. Actress Michelle Monaghan is 42. Actress Keri Russell is 42. Actress Anastasia Griffith is 40. Gossip columnist-blogger Perez Hilton is 40. Actress Nicholle Tom is 40. Country singer Paul Martin (Marshall Dyllon) is 40. Country singer Brett Young is 37. Actor Nicolas Wright is 36.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2018, 06:52:48 AM »

Thought for Today: "A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." - Michel de Montaigne (MEE'-shel duh mohn-TEHN'), French essayist (1533-1592).

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2018, 06:54:33 AM »

@Raz: About 7 years ago, one of my wife's best friends woke up next to the cold body of her 35 year old husband. He'd apparently had a heart attack during the night. He left her and two little kids behind.

On the anniversary of his death she was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. Prognosis was terrible. It hasn't been easy but she's still fighting this thing. A few years back, she even remarried. The new husband is a great guy and BotL.

Bottom line is it ain't over 'til it's over.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2018, 06:57:45 AM »

Good morning, NJDave.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2018, 07:01:04 AM »

Woke to Unholy Cocktail, don't know if it's the same one that started the jam or repeats already.
Been noticing a lot of repeats on these jams. I saw at least two other deals in between. PDR something or other and LHC Core.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2018, 07:02:10 AM »

Some thoughts from Mr. Rogers:

“There is no normal life that is free of pain. It's the very wrestling with our problems that can be the impetus for our growth.”

“Discovering the truth about ourselves is a lifetime’s work, but it’s worth the effort.”

“Love isn’t a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.”

“In times of stress, the best thing we can do for each other is to listen with our ears and our hearts and to be assured that our questions are just as important as our answers.”

“I hope you're proud of yourself for the times you've said "yes," when all it meant was extra work for you and was seemingly helpful only to someone else.”

“How great it is when we come to know that times of disappointment can be followed by joy; that guilt over falling short of our ideals can be replaced by pride in doing all that we can; and that anger can be channeled into creative achievements... and into dreams that we can make come true.”

“Music is the one art we all have inside. We may not be able to play an instrument, but we can sing along or clap or tap our feet. Have you ever seen a baby bouncing up and down in the crib in time to some music? When you think of it, some of that baby's first messages from his or her parents may have been lullabies, or at least the music of their speaking voices. All of us have had the experience of hearing a tune from childhood and having that melody evoke a memory or a feeling. The music we hear early on tends to stay with us all our lives.”

“Most of us, I believe, admire strength. It's something we tend to respect in others, desire for ourselves, and wish for our children. Sometimes, though, I wonder if we confuse strength with other words—like 'aggression' and even 'violence'. Real strength is neither male nor female; but it is, quite simply, one of the finest characteristics that a human being can possess.”

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2018, 07:02:11 AM »

good morning Tony, Daves, and RazMan.
36° and clear. Brrrr.
EPC 2nd and coffee.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2018, 07:03:53 AM »

Drank too much really good scotch tonight with MacGuyver, whose wife was diagnosed today with aggressive breast cancer. So I'm loaded, and trying to fix servers. I think I'll have another drink.
Can't say that I've done that. Sorry to hear that about your friend and his Mrs. It's a tough battle but it can be won.
Probably can't be won in this case, but hey...miracles happen. Who knows?

But he's my best friend, and I like the hell out of her too. So this is killing me. She's a tough bird. If anyone can beat it, she can.

Tonight, Dan and I got drunk. Seemed like the thing to do. Wasn't expecting to have to be on the job.

Life's a bitch. God is good. Whiskey helps.

Everybody love on your people today. Life is short.
sorry for your friend RazMan.

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace!

That where there is hatred, I may bring love.

That where there is wrong, I may bring the spirit of forgiveness.

That where there is discord, I may bring harmony.

That where there is error, I may bring truth.

That where there is doubt, I may bring faith.

That where there is despair, I may bring hope.

That where there are shadows, I may bring light.

That where there is sadness, I may bring joy.

Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort, than to be comforted.

To understand, than to be understood.

To love, than to be loved.

For it is by self-forgetting that one finds.

It is by forgiving that one is forgiven.

It is by dying that one awakens to Eternal Life.

—Saint Francis of Assisi—

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2018, 07:06:49 AM »

good morning Tony, Daves, and RazMan.
36° and clear. Brrrr.
EPC 2nd and coffee.
Good morning, Dean.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2018, 07:12:21 AM »

Drank too much really good scotch tonight with MacGuyver, whose wife was diagnosed today with aggressive breast cancer. So I'm loaded, and trying to fix servers. I think I'll have another drink.
Can't say that I've done that. Sorry to hear that about your friend and his Mrs. It's a tough battle but it can be won.
Probably can't be won in this case, but hey...miracles happen. Who knows?

But he's my best friend, and I like the hell out of her too. So this is killing me. She's a tough bird. If anyone can beat it, she can.

Tonight, Dan and I got drunk. Seemed like the thing to do. Wasn't expecting to have to be on the job.

Life's a bitch. God is good. Whiskey helps.

Everybody love on your people today. Life is short.
sorry for your friend RazMan.

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace!

That where there is hatred, I may bring love.

That where there is wrong, I may bring the spirit of forgiveness.

That where there is discord, I may bring harmony.

That where there is error, I may bring truth.

That where there is doubt, I may bring faith.

That where there is despair, I may bring hope.

That where there are shadows, I may bring light.

That where there is sadness, I may bring joy.

Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort, than to be comforted.

To understand, than to be understood.

To love, than to be loved.

For it is by self-forgetting that one finds.

It is by forgiving that one is forgiven.

It is by dying that one awakens to Eternal Life.

—Saint Francis of Assisi—
Very nice. Thank-you, Dean. That meant a lot.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2018, 07:25:38 AM »

got to hit Home Depot for bi-fold repair parts, top bracket and screw lost at lady's house, then it's off to the lady's house to start moving some of her husbands tools to their new home, sold to a friend of his. somewhere along the line we celebrate her 69th birthday.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2018, 07:26:11 AM »

Woke to Unholy Cocktail, don't know if it's the same one that started the jam or repeats already.
Gurkha Park Avenue Torpedo
15 / $37.50

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2018, 07:26:45 AM »

Repeat, because when I got on, it was CAO Blacks.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2018, 07:28:19 AM »

got to hit Home Depot for bi-fold repair parts, top bracket and screw lost at lady's house, then it's off to the lady's house to start moving some of her husbands tools to their new home, sold to a friend of his. somewhere along the line we celebrate her 69th birthday.
There's a joke in there, but I think we'll leave it this morning...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2018, 07:29:40 AM »

New home for the tools?  The lady isn't moving right?  had to read that sentence a couple of times.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6