CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on October 28, 2020, 12:00:02 AM

Title: 10/28/2020
Post by: CigarBanter on October 28, 2020, 12:00:02 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 28, 2020, 05:36:27 AM
Good morning. Alec Bradley 90+ rated seconds. Description says if you do some investigate work you can find out which blend. I am curious.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 28, 2020, 05:38:57 AM
Good world series just on too late. I had to check this morning to see who won.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 28, 2020, 05:43:02 AM
Good world series just on too late. I had to check this morning to see who won.
NBA Finals are the same way. If you start a game at 9, I'll be in bed by halftime.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 28, 2020, 06:17:19 AM
Good morning. Alec Bradley 90+ rated seconds. Description says if you do some investigate work you can find out which blend. I am curious.
That's how they get ya. Good morning, Rick.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 28, 2020, 06:18:42 AM
Good world series just on too late. I had to check this morning to see who won.
NBA Finals are the same way. If you start a game at 9, I'll be in bed by halftime.
You may need to move to the west coast. Good morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 28, 2020, 06:52:25 AM
Good world series just on too late. I had to check this morning to see who won.
NBA Finals are the same way. If you start a game at 9, I'll be in bed by halftime.
You may need to move to the west coast. Good morning, Dave.
Depending on how next week goes, if I move anywhere in the next few years, it wouldn't be within the US. Lol
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 28, 2020, 07:00:48 AM
Good world series just on too late. I had to check this morning to see who won.
NBA Finals are the same way. If you start a game at 9, I'll be in bed by halftime.
You may need to move to the west coast. Good morning, Dave.
Depending on how next week goes, if I move anywhere in the next few years, it wouldn't be within the US. Lol
You have to believe good will prevail. Don't let the evildoers influence you.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 28, 2020, 07:03:02 AM
I'm not going to get political. It's out of my control. I can tell you I am tired of a dark picture being painted. Don't ever lose hope
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on October 28, 2020, 07:32:08 AM
Good world series just on too late. I had to check this morning to see who won.
NBA Finals are the same way. If you start a game at 9, I'll be in bed by halftime.
You may need to move to the west coast. Good morning, Dave.
Depending on how next week goes, if I move anywhere in the next few years, it wouldn't be within the US. Lol
what, you don't want to participate in the New American Revolution?
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 28, 2020, 07:36:55 AM
I'm not going to get political. It's out of my control. I can tell you I am tired of a dark picture being painted. Don't ever lose hope
As a father to 3 daughters, I will only say that I'm greatly concerned for the direction both the country, and now the Supreme Court, are heading in. The Handmaid's Tale is supposed to be a work of fiction, not a history, and with everything new that happens here, it seems like we inch one step closer.

That's as political as I'll get, and now I'll try to investigate those AB 2nds. ;)
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 28, 2020, 07:37:23 AM
Good world series just on too late. I had to check this morning to see who won.
NBA Finals are the same way. If you start a game at 9, I'll be in bed by halftime.
You may need to move to the west coast. Good morning, Dave.
Depending on how next week goes, if I move anywhere in the next few years, it wouldn't be within the US. Lol
what, you don't want to participate in the New American Revolution?
I'd much rather kick back with a glass of rum and watch it from afar.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on October 28, 2020, 07:42:54 AM
good morning Rick, Dave, and Tony.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on October 28, 2020, 07:44:36 AM
Good world series just on too late. I had to check this morning to see who won.
NBA Finals are the same way. If you start a game at 9, I'll be in bed by halftime.
You may need to move to the west coast. Good morning, Dave.
Depending on how next week goes, if I move anywhere in the next few years, it wouldn't be within the US. Lol
what, you don't want to participate in the New American Revolution?
I'd much rather kick back with a glass of rum and watch it from afar.
I'll be seated with a cup of coffee and maybe a cigar, but I will be armed.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 28, 2020, 07:47:17 AM
I'm not going to get political. It's out of my control. I can tell you I am tired of a dark picture being painted. Don't ever lose hope
As a father to 3 daughters, I will only say that I'm greatly concerned for the direction both the country, and now the Supreme Court, are heading in. The Handmaid's Tale is supposed to be a work of fiction, not a history, and with everything new that happens here, it seems like we inch one step closer.

That's as political as I'll get, and now I'll try to investigate those AB 2nds. ;)
Yes and we can agree to disagree but not this board game that's being played right now.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Threebean on October 28, 2020, 07:47:20 AM
Good world series just on too late. I had to check this morning to see who won.
NBA Finals are the same way. If you start a game at 9, I'll be in bed by halftime.
You may need to move to the west coast. Good morning, Dave.
Depending on how next week goes, if I move anywhere in the next few years, it wouldn't be within the US. Lol
what, you don't want to participate in the New American Revolution?
I'd much rather kick back with a glass of rum and watch it from afar.
I'll be seated with a cup of coffee and maybe a cigar, but I will be armed.
+1
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Threebean on October 28, 2020, 07:50:11 AM
I'm not going to get political. It's out of my control. I can tell you I am tired of a dark picture being painted. Don't ever lose hope
As a father to 3 daughters, I will only say that I'm greatly concerned for the direction both the country, and now the Supreme Court, are heading in. The Handmaid's Tale is supposed to be a work of fiction, not a history, and with everything new that happens here, it seems like we inch one step closer.

That's as political as I'll get, and now I'll try to investigate those AB 2nds. ;)
Yes and we can agree to disagree but not this board game that's being played right now.
Term limits.
(https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/62569469.jpg)
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Threebean on October 28, 2020, 07:51:28 AM
Good morning EarlyBanterers.  Man, I was to the last light when it got me.  Was stuck behind a slowpoke which through off my timing.  MF'er!
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 28, 2020, 07:57:36 AM
Good morning EarlyBanterers.  Man, I was to the last light when it got me.  Was stuck behind a slowpoke which through off my timing.  MF'er!
Bastardo!
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on October 28, 2020, 07:58:23 AM
Good morning EarlyBanterers.  Man, I was to the last light when it got me.  Was stuck behind a slowpoke which through off my timing.  MF'er!
did you ride his ass, blare on the horn, and yell obscenities at him? 🤔
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Threebean on October 28, 2020, 08:01:53 AM
Good morning EarlyBanterers.  Man, I was to the last light when it got me.  Was stuck behind a slowpoke which through off my timing.  MF'er!
did you ride his ass, blare on the horn, and yell obscenities at him? 🤔
Of course!  Well, not the horn part, I'm only 2/3rds asshole.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: sfish on October 28, 2020, 08:59:32 AM
Good morning, Political Enthusiasts!!
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 28, 2020, 09:03:19 AM
Good morning, Political Enthusiasts!!
I prefer ABResearcher. Morning, OnceAWeekScott.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 28, 2020, 09:07:32 AM
I cannot get the original in this vitola to burn right. I swear I got a bad batch

https://halfwheel.com/guardian-of-the-farm-nightwatch-campeon-2/382918/
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: sfish on October 28, 2020, 09:07:34 AM
Good morning, Political Enthusiasts!!
I prefer ABResearcher. Morning, OnceAWeekScott.
Can't avoid it right now, it's in our faces 24/7. I do find it fascinating that regardless of which side of the ledger you're on, you're convinced that a win for the other side will lead to ruin
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: sfish on October 28, 2020, 09:09:11 AM
I cannot get the original in this vitola to burn right. I swear I got a bad batch

https://halfwheel.com/guardian-of-the-farm-nightwatch-campeon-2/382918/
Morning Rick, they complained about construction in the review. The Warped versions are flawless from my experience, however
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: razgueado on October 28, 2020, 09:42:53 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: razgueado on October 28, 2020, 09:46:59 AM
I'm not touching the political chum in the banter waters.  Surprised?
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 28, 2020, 09:48:59 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Raz is always game for an opinion - what blend do you think the AB 2nds are?
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Threebean on October 28, 2020, 10:01:19 AM
I'm not touching the political chum in the banter waters.  Surprised?
Yes.  You want to talk about religion instead?  ;)
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 28, 2020, 10:12:14 AM
I'm not touching the political chum in the banter waters.  Surprised?
Yes.  You want to talk about religion instead?  ;)
LALTS
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: razgueado on October 28, 2020, 10:27:46 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Raz is always game for an opinion - what blend do you think the AB 2nds are?
Zero clue.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: razgueado on October 28, 2020, 10:28:36 AM
I'm not touching the political chum in the banter waters.  Surprised?
Yes.  You want to talk about religion instead?  ;)
Nah, religion doesn't interest me.  Jesus I'll talk about.  But I won't debate it.

I'm tired, boss.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 28, 2020, 10:33:27 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Raz is always game for an opinion - what blend do you think the AB 2nds are?
Zero clue.
I guess Rick is just gonna have to bite and report back.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 28, 2020, 10:34:35 AM
I'm not touching the political chum in the banter waters.  Surprised?
Yes.  You want to talk about religion instead?  ;)
Nah, religion doesn't interest me.  Jesus I'll talk about.  But I won't debate it.

I'm tired, boss.
"Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball."
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 28, 2020, 10:35:26 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Raz is always game for an opinion - what blend do you think the AB 2nds are?
Zero clue.
I guess Rick is just gonna have to bite and report back.
I may. I need some smaller smokes for work. I tell ya I really enjoyed the box of La Galera Connecticut Coronas I had.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: razgueado on October 28, 2020, 10:39:16 AM
I'm not touching the political chum in the banter waters.  Surprised?
Yes.  You want to talk about religion instead?  ;)
Nah, religion doesn't interest me.  Jesus I'll talk about.  But I won't debate it.

I'm tired, boss.
"Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball."
Indeed.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 10:45:06 AM
Good world series just on too late. I had to check this morning to see who won.
NBA Finals are the same way. If you start a game at 9, I'll be in bed by halftime.
You may need to move to the west coast. Good morning, Dave.
Depending on how next week goes, if I move anywhere in the next few years, it wouldn't be within the US. Lol
Other than Mexico, you don't have much of a choice...
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 10:47:24 AM
I'm not going to get political. It's out of my control. I can tell you I am tired of a dark picture being painted. Don't ever lose hope
As a father to 3 daughters, I will only say that I'm greatly concerned for the direction both the country, and now the Supreme Court, are heading in. The Handmaid's Tale is supposed to be a work of fiction, not a history, and with everything new that happens here, it seems like we inch one step closer.

That's as political as I'll get, and now I'll try to investigate those AB 2nds. ;)
I know I shouldn't attempt a logical argument, but if AB 1sts are eh....how can you expect AB2nds to be ?
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 10:48:39 AM
Good morning EarlyBanterers.  Man, I was to the last light when it got me.  Was stuck behind a slowpoke which through off my timing.  MF'er!
So you should count it as all greens and one putterbutt.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 10:49:43 AM
Good morning, Political Enthusiasts!!
I prefer ABResearcher. Morning, OnceAWeekScott.
TWSS!
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 10:51:20 AM
I'm not touching the political chum in the banter waters.  Surprised?
Yes.  You want to talk about religion instead?  ;)
I can do another Nicaean Creed rant...   :P
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: sfish on October 28, 2020, 10:52:23 AM
I'm not going to get political. It's out of my control. I can tell you I am tired of a dark picture being painted. Don't ever lose hope
As a father to 3 daughters, I will only say that I'm greatly concerned for the direction both the country, and now the Supreme Court, are heading in. The Handmaid's Tale is supposed to be a work of fiction, not a history, and with everything new that happens here, it seems like we inch one step closer.

That's as political as I'll get, and now I'll try to investigate those AB 2nds. ;)
I know I shouldn't attempt a logical argument, but if AB 1sts are eh....how can you expect AB2nds to be ?
Exactly...the blend is irrelevant because you can't trust that they don't mix sources
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: sfish on October 28, 2020, 10:54:14 AM
Scorcher happening
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 28, 2020, 10:55:47 AM
I'm not going to get political. It's out of my control. I can tell you I am tired of a dark picture being painted. Don't ever lose hope
As a father to 3 daughters, I will only say that I'm greatly concerned for the direction both the country, and now the Supreme Court, are heading in. The Handmaid's Tale is supposed to be a work of fiction, not a history, and with everything new that happens here, it seems like we inch one step closer.

That's as political as I'll get, and now I'll try to investigate those AB 2nds. ;)
I know I shouldn't attempt a logical argument, but if AB 1sts are eh....how can you expect AB2nds to be ?
I suppose that depends on your tastes. If you like the 1sts, then $16/10 is a good price for a yard work or grilling cigar.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on October 28, 2020, 10:56:42 AM
Good morning, Political Enthusiasts!!
I prefer ABResearcher. Morning, OnceAWeekScott.
Can't avoid it right now, it's in our faces 24/7. I do find it fascinating that regardless of which side of the ledger you're on, you're convinced that a win for the other side will lead to ruin
morning Scott. doesn't matter which side wins to me. since I was 18 I've only seen everything get worse. although I'll admit I've been better off these ladt 4 years than any other time in my life.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 28, 2020, 10:57:00 AM
Good world series just on too late. I had to check this morning to see who won.
NBA Finals are the same way. If you start a game at 9, I'll be in bed by halftime.
You may need to move to the west coast. Good morning, Dave.
Depending on how next week goes, if I move anywhere in the next few years, it wouldn't be within the US. Lol
Other than Mexico, you don't have much of a choice...
I know, right? Even after all this is over, some places might just be, "you know what, we're good, you can just stay over there."
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on October 28, 2020, 10:57:44 AM
I'm not touching the political chum in the banter waters.  Surprised?
Yes.  You want to talk about religion instead?  ;)
👍🏻 🙏
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 28, 2020, 10:57:56 AM
Good morning, Political Enthusiasts!!
I prefer ABResearcher. Morning, OnceAWeekScott.
Can't avoid it right now, it's in our faces 24/7. I do find it fascinating that regardless of which side of the ledger you're on, you're convinced that a win for the other side will lead to ruin
morning Scott. doesn't matter which side wins to me. since I was 18 I've only seen everything get worse. although I'll admit I've been better off these ladt 4 years than any other time in my life.
But some of that is because you stopped building gazebos for every 65-year-old that winked at you.  ;D
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on October 28, 2020, 10:59:20 AM
Good world series just on too late. I had to check this morning to see who won.
NBA Finals are the same way. If you start a game at 9, I'll be in bed by halftime.
You may need to move to the west coast. Good morning, Dave.
Depending on how next week goes, if I move anywhere in the next few years, it wouldn't be within the US. Lol
Other than Mexico, you don't have much of a choice...
but if he comes back through the border as an illegal he'll get free everything. 🤣
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on October 28, 2020, 11:00:31 AM
Good morning, Political Enthusiasts!!
I prefer ABResearcher. Morning, OnceAWeekScott.
Can't avoid it right now, it's in our faces 24/7. I do find it fascinating that regardless of which side of the ledger you're on, you're convinced that a win for the other side will lead to ruin
morning Scott. doesn't matter which side wins to me. since I was 18 I've only seen everything get worse. although I'll admit I've been better off these ladt 4 years than any other time in my life.
But some of that is because you stopped building gazebos for every 65-year-old that winked at you.  ;D
ahhh, the good ole days. 😊
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 11:01:20 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Raz is always game for an opinion - what blend do you think the AB 2nds are?
Zero clue.
I guess Rick is just gonna have to bite and report back.
I may. I need some smaller smokes for work. I tell ya I really enjoyed the box of La Galera Connecticut Coronas I had.
https://atlanticcigar.com/aj-fernandez-last-call-habano-geniales-4-5x48/ ,
https://atlanticcigar.com/illusione-r-rothchildes-2/  (also come as a connie)
https://atlanticcigar.com/perdomo-small-batch-series-connecticut-rothschild/
https://atlanticcigar.com/san-lotano-small-batch-connecticut-robusto/
and Curivari has a number of offerings on the smaller side...https://atlanticcigar.com/search-results-page?q=curivari

...just a couple suggestions.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on October 28, 2020, 11:02:24 AM
I spent the last two hours shopping and I've got one more trip to make.
sheesh.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: sfish on October 28, 2020, 11:04:08 AM
Good morning, Political Enthusiasts!!
I prefer ABResearcher. Morning, OnceAWeekScott.
Can't avoid it right now, it's in our faces 24/7. I do find it fascinating that regardless of which side of the ledger you're on, you're convinced that a win for the other side will lead to ruin
morning Scott. doesn't matter which side wins to me. since I was 18 I've only seen everything get worse. although I'll admit I've been better off these ladt 4 years than any other time in my life.
I totally agree about the last 4 years. I know that nobody wants to get into it but I've never seen a POTUS have to endure what I've seen this past term
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 11:04:12 AM
I spent the last two hours shopping and I've got one more trip to make.
sheesh.
Then mushroom/swiss burgers?
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: sfish on October 28, 2020, 11:05:06 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Raz is always game for an opinion - what blend do you think the AB 2nds are?
Zero clue.
I guess Rick is just gonna have to bite and report back.
I may. I need some smaller smokes for work. I tell ya I really enjoyed the box of La Galera Connecticut Coronas I had.
https://atlanticcigar.com/aj-fernandez-last-call-habano-geniales-4-5x48/ ,
https://atlanticcigar.com/illusione-r-rothchildes-2/  (also come as a connie)
https://atlanticcigar.com/perdomo-small-batch-series-connecticut-rothschild/
https://atlanticcigar.com/san-lotano-small-batch-connecticut-robusto/
and Curivari has a number of offerings on the smaller side...https://atlanticcigar.com/search-results-page?q=curivari

...just a couple suggestions.
The Illusione Rothchildes really are excellent
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 11:05:24 AM
Good morning, Political Enthusiasts!!
I prefer ABResearcher. Morning, OnceAWeekScott.
Can't avoid it right now, it's in our faces 24/7. I do find it fascinating that regardless of which side of the ledger you're on, you're convinced that a win for the other side will lead to ruin
morning Scott. doesn't matter which side wins to me. since I was 18 I've only seen everything get worse. although I'll admit I've been better off these ladt 4 years than any other time in my life.
I totally agree about the last 4 years. I know that nobody wants to get into it but I've never seen a POTUS have to endure what I've seen this past term
Much of it self inflicted.  And if you think this is bad, wait till he gets out and NY State comes after him.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 28, 2020, 11:11:02 AM
Good morning, Political Enthusiasts!!
I prefer ABResearcher. Morning, OnceAWeekScott.
Can't avoid it right now, it's in our faces 24/7. I do find it fascinating that regardless of which side of the ledger you're on, you're convinced that a win for the other side will lead to ruin
morning Scott. doesn't matter which side wins to me. since I was 18 I've only seen everything get worse. although I'll admit I've been better off these ladt 4 years than any other time in my life.
I totally agree about the last 4 years. I know that nobody wants to get into it but I've never seen a POTUS have to endure what I've seen this past term
LALTS
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 11:14:47 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Raz is always game for an opinion - what blend do you think the AB 2nds are?
Zero clue.
I guess Rick is just gonna have to bite and report back.
I may. I need some smaller smokes for work. I tell ya I really enjoyed the box of La Galera Connecticut Coronas I had.
https://atlanticcigar.com/aj-fernandez-last-call-habano-geniales-4-5x48/ ,
https://atlanticcigar.com/illusione-r-rothchildes-2/  (also come as a connie)
https://atlanticcigar.com/perdomo-small-batch-series-connecticut-rothschild/
https://atlanticcigar.com/san-lotano-small-batch-connecticut-robusto/
and Curivari has a number of offerings on the smaller side...https://atlanticcigar.com/search-results-page?q=curivari

...just a couple suggestions.
The Illusione Rothchildes really are excellent
Not many left in the world, but Holts still has some Room 101 Papi Chulo and Roxxo from some MC lines.  https://www.holts.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Room+101  I've seen some Farce Papi's as well in places.  https://www.thompsoncigar.com/p/farce-maduro-papi-chulo/2027415/#p-2027411&utm_source=connexity
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: sfish on October 28, 2020, 11:16:37 AM
Good morning, Political Enthusiasts!!
I prefer ABResearcher. Morning, OnceAWeekScott.
Can't avoid it right now, it's in our faces 24/7. I do find it fascinating that regardless of which side of the ledger you're on, you're convinced that a win for the other side will lead to ruin
morning Scott. doesn't matter which side wins to me. since I was 18 I've only seen everything get worse. although I'll admit I've been better off these ladt 4 years than any other time in my life.
I totally agree about the last 4 years. I know that nobody wants to get into it but I've never seen a POTUS have to endure what I've seen this past term
LALTS
Laugh all you want, he was elected by this country and has been under non-stop attack, that's a fact that nobody can argue.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: sfish on October 28, 2020, 11:18:21 AM
[...]

How many SL Dominicans have you smoked? I loved the one I had
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 11:19:25 AM
Morning PutToBedWetTony, ExPatDave, SmallStickRick, OpinionlessRaz, OnceAWeekFish.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 28, 2020, 11:21:29 AM
Rick - you have a report on those 2nds yet? ;D
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 11:23:52 AM
[...]

Yea, like 'em a lot.  Have had about 6-8 and have a couple of 10ers tucked away.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 28, 2020, 11:25:46 AM
Scorcher happening
They also have Brickhouses at a relatively decent price.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: sfish on October 28, 2020, 11:27:07 AM
[...]

You can get 10-packs fairly reasonably, I've been looking at them lately
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 11:45:22 AM
[...]

Halfwheel was not so enthusiastic....I did not get the level of "earthiness" as was described. (as you know, I'm generally not a big fan of earthiness/dirt/mushroom unless well balanced with sweetness or fruitiness.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 11:46:29 AM
[...]

Definitely worth picking up a 10 rather than a five.  It's not a Rosa, but enjoyable.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 11:48:54 AM
Today is Wednesday, Oct. 28, the 302nd day of 2020.
There are 64 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On Oct. 28, 1962, Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev informed the United States that he had ordered the dismantling of missile bases in Cuba; in return, the U.S. secretly agreed to remove nuclear missiles from U.S. installations in Turkey.

On this date:
In 1858, Rowland Hussey Macy opened his first New York store at Sixth Avenue and 14th Street in Manhattan.
In 1886, the Statue of Liberty, a gift from the people of France, was dedicated in New York Harbor by President Grover Cleveland.
In 1922, fascism came to Italy as Benito Mussolini took control of the government.

In 1940, Italy invaded Greece during World War II.
In 1976, former Nixon aide John D. Ehrlichman entered a federal prison camp in Safford, Arizona, to begin serving his sentence for Watergate-related convictions (he was released in April 1978).
In 1980, President Jimmy Carter and Republican presidential nominee Ronald Reagan faced off in a nationally broadcast, 90-minute debate in Cleveland.

In 1996, Richard Jewell, cleared of committing the Olympic park bombing, held a news conference in Atlanta in which he thanked his mother for standing by him and lashed out at reporters and investigators who’d depicted him as the bomber, who turned out to be Eric Rudolph.
In 2001, the families of people killed in the September 11 terrorist attack gathered in New York for a memorial service filled with prayer and song.
In 2002, American diplomat Laurence Foley was assassinated in front of his house in Amman, Jordan, in the first such attack on a U.S. diplomat in decades. A student flunking out of the University of Arizona nursing school shot three of his professors to death, then killed himself.

In 2012, airlines canceled more than 7,000 flights in advance of Hurricane Sandy, transit systems in New York, Philadelphia and Washington were shut down, and forecasters warned the New York area could see an 11-foot wall of water.
In 2013, Penn State said it would pay $59.7 million to 26 young men over claims of child sexual abuse at the hands of former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky.
In 2016, the FBI dropped what amounted to a political bomb on the Clinton campaign when it announced it was investigating whether emails on a device belonging to disgraced ex-congressman Anthony Weiner, the estranged husband of one of Clinton’s closest aides, Huma Abedin, might contain classified information.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 11:49:42 AM
Ten years ago: Investigators with the president’s oil spill commission said tests performed before the deadly blowout of BP’s oil well in the Gulf of Mexico should have raised doubts about the cement used to seal the well, but that the company and its cementing contractor used it anyway. (The cement mix’s failure to prevent oil and gas from entering the well was cited by BP and others as one of the causes of the accident.) Caroline Wozniacki wrapped up the year-end No. 1 ranking after rallying to beat Francesca Schiavone 3-6, 6-1, 6-1 at the WTA Championships in Doha, Qatar. Stage and screen actor James MacArthur, who played “Danno” in the original version of television’s “Hawaii Five-0,” died in Jacksonville, Florida, at age 72.

Five years ago: Dennis Hastert pleaded guilty before a federal judge in Chicago to evading banking laws in a hush-money scheme. (A court filing later revealed allegations of sexual abuse against Hastert by at least four former students from his days as a high school wrestling coach; Hastert ended up being sentenced to 15 months in prison.) Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio fought for control of the Republicans’ establishment wing in the third GOP debate, this one in Boulder, Colorado, as insurgent outsiders Donald Trump and Ben Carson defended the seriousness of their White House bids. An unmanned Army surveillance blimp broke loose from its mooring in Maryland and floated over Pennsylvania for hours with two fighter jets on its tail, triggering blackouts across the countryside as it dragged its tether across power lines.

One year ago: A wildfire swept through the star-studded hills of Los Angeles, destroying several large homes and forcing LeBron James and thousands of others to flee; a blaze in Northern California wine country exploded in size. The S&P 500 closed at an all-time high for the first time in months; the Nasdaq composite was also near a record.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 28, 2020, 11:52:18 AM
[...]

Where can these be had? I've looked a couple places and only see 5-packs.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 11:52:37 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Jazz singer Cleo Laine is 93.
Actor Joan Plowright is 91.
Actor Jane Alexander is 81.
Actor Dennis Franz is 76.
Actor Telma Hopkins is 72.
Caitlyn Jenner is 71.
Actor Annie Potts is 68.
Songwriter/producer Desmond Child is 67.
Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates is 65.
The former president of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (ah-muh-DEE’-neh-zhahd), is 64.
Rock musician Stephen Morris (New Order) is 63.
Country/gospel singer-musician Ron Hemby (The Buffalo Club) is 62.
Rock singer-musician William Reid (The Jesus & Mary Chain) is 62.
Actor Mark Derwin is 60.
Actor Daphne Zuniga (ZOO’-nih-guh) is 58.
Actor Lauren Holly is 57.
Talk show host-comedian-actor Sheryl Underwood is 57.
Actor Jami Gertz is 55.
Actor Chris Bauer is 54.
Actor-comedian Andy Richter is 54.
Actor Julia Roberts is 53.
Country singer-musician Caitlin Cary is 52.
Actor Jeremy Davies is 51.
Singer Ben Harper is 51.
Country singer Brad Paisley is 48.
Actor Joaquin Phoenix is 46.
Actor Gwendoline Christie is 42.
Singer Justin Guarini (TV: “American Idol”) is 42.
Pop singer Brett Dennen is 41.
Rock musician Dave Tirio (Plain White T’s) is 41.
Actor Charlie Semine is 40.
Actor Matt Smith is 38.
Actor Finn Wittrock is 36.
Actor Troian Bellisario is 35.
Singer/rapper Frank Ocean is 33.
Actor Lexi Ainsworth (TV: “General Hospital”) is 28.
Actor Nolan Gould is 22.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on October 28, 2020, 11:52:44 AM
I spent the last two hours shopping and I've got one more trip to make.
sheesh.
Then mushroom/swiss burgers?
capicola, hard salami, provolone, and swiss on dark seeded rye.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on October 28, 2020, 11:53:37 AM
Good morning, Political Enthusiasts!!
I prefer ABResearcher. Morning, OnceAWeekScott.
Can't avoid it right now, it's in our faces 24/7. I do find it fascinating that regardless of which side of the ledger you're on, you're convinced that a win for the other side will lead to ruin
morning Scott. doesn't matter which side wins to me. since I was 18 I've only seen everything get worse. although I'll admit I've been better off these ladt 4 years than any other time in my life.
I totally agree about the last 4 years. I know that nobody wants to get into it but I've never seen a POTUS have to endure what I've seen this past term
Nixon had it better.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 11:53:49 AM
[...]

Yea, this is supposed to be a cigar info sharing site, not a beg an tease site.  You got the warden for that.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 11:55:08 AM
Good morning, Political Enthusiasts!!
I prefer ABResearcher. Morning, OnceAWeekScott.
Can't avoid it right now, it's in our faces 24/7. I do find it fascinating that regardless of which side of the ledger you're on, you're convinced that a win for the other side will lead to ruin
morning Scott. doesn't matter which side wins to me. since I was 18 I've only seen everything get worse. although I'll admit I've been better off these ladt 4 years than any other time in my life.
I totally agree about the last 4 years. I know that nobody wants to get into it but I've never seen a POTUS have to endure what I've seen this past term
Nixon had it better.
...ummmm kinda deserved it maybe?  Even his own party had the backbone to turn against him at the end.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on October 28, 2020, 11:55:17 AM
Morning PutToBedWetTony, ExPatDave, SmallStickRick, OpinionlessRaz, OnceAWeekFish....and ShoppingDean.
morning Dave.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: sfish on October 28, 2020, 12:01:24 PM
[...]

Cigar Page, not constantly but plenty of 10-pack special offerings, AJ special offerings, scorcher...need to look out but this morning they were 10/$49 robustos on scorcher
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 28, 2020, 12:14:53 PM
[...]

I will have to check all these out later. I am not a big AB fan anyhow.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Threebean on October 28, 2020, 01:03:49 PM
Today’s Birthdays:
.....Caitlyn Jenner is 71...
Looks like Caitlyn is entering prime Dean territory.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on October 28, 2020, 01:06:56 PM
Today’s Birthdays:
.....Caitlyn Jenner is 71...
Looks like Caitlyn is entering prime Dean territory.
age is no longer a factor. so long as they have money and of legal age.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 28, 2020, 01:09:59 PM
Today’s Birthdays:
.....Caitlyn Jenner is 71...
Looks like Caitlyn is entering prime Dean territory.
age is no longer a factor. so long as they have money and of legal age.
Wow, really branching out there.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 28, 2020, 01:11:23 PM
[...]

Thanks, FishTease.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: sfish on October 28, 2020, 01:28:12 PM
[...]

I'll be sure to post a link when I'm back on, next week
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 01:41:52 PM
Today’s Birthdays:
.....Caitlyn Jenner is 71...
Looks like Caitlyn is entering prime Dean territory.
age is no longer a factor. so long as they have money and of legal age.
So he's not ruling her out.  Good to have the open mind there Deano!
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 01:43:50 PM
Today’s Birthdays:
.....Caitlyn Jenner is 71...
Looks like Caitlyn is entering prime Dean territory.
age is no longer a factor. so long as they have money and of legal age.
So he's not ruling her out.  Good to have the open mind there Deano!
She does meet both critical criteria.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 28, 2020, 01:44:07 PM
[...]

At the earliest!
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 01:45:32 PM
Getting the first outer bands of Zeta rain.  Should be getting rather blustery by tomorrow.  Boston son says they are supposed to be getting some snow out of this.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 01:55:30 PM
Mandalorian season 2 drops Friday!
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 28, 2020, 01:59:48 PM
Mandalorian season 2 drops Friday!
My sons were telling me. Keep meaning to watch the first season and still haven't. I'll eventually get around to it...
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 28, 2020, 02:01:11 PM
I'm all caught up. Very interesting banter today. Crazy morning at work but I can chill a bit now.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 28, 2020, 02:09:40 PM
Mandalorian season 2 drops Friday!
Can't wait!
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 28, 2020, 02:10:15 PM
I'm all caught up. Very interesting banter today. Crazy morning at work but I can chill a bit now.
Thank goodness, we need someone else to weigh in on the AB 2nd conundrum.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: sfish on October 28, 2020, 02:13:04 PM
Mandalorian season 2 drops Friday!
Looking forward to that!
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 28, 2020, 02:25:09 PM
Hazzuh! This is the way.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 02:29:38 PM
Mandalorian season 2 drops Friday!
My sons were telling me. Keep meaning to watch the first season and still haven't. I'll eventually get around to it...
Why am I not surprised by that...
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 28, 2020, 02:31:42 PM
Mandalorian season 2 drops Friday!
My sons were telling me. Keep meaning to watch the first season and still haven't. I'll eventually get around to it...
Why am I not surprised by that...
Are you also surprised that I'm not yet done with this season of Dancing with the Stars?
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 28, 2020, 02:31:58 PM
I'm all caught up. Very interesting banter today. Crazy morning at work but I can chill a bit now.
Thank goodness, we need someone else to weigh in on the AB 2nd conundrum.
Pass!
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 02:33:56 PM
This is the better way.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 02:34:56 PM
Mandalorian season 2 drops Friday!
My sons were telling me. Keep meaning to watch the first season and still haven't. I'll eventually get around to it...
Why am I not surprised by that...
Are you also surprised that I'm not yet done with this season of Dancing with the Stars?
I've been done with it before it came on.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 28, 2020, 03:05:03 PM
Mandalorian season 2 drops Friday!
My sons were telling me. Keep meaning to watch the first season and still haven't. I'll eventually get around to it...
Why am I not surprised by that...
Are you also surprised that I'm not yet done with this season of Dancing with the Stars?
I've been done with it before it came on.
I was joking. That's not my scene. I doubt there even is a current season. I imagine it would be difficult to do in COVID isolation.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 03:19:41 PM
Mandalorian season 2 drops Friday!
My sons were telling me. Keep meaning to watch the first season and still haven't. I'll eventually get around to it...
Why am I not surprised by that...
Are you also surprised that I'm not yet done with this season of Dancing with the Stars?
I've been done with it before it came on.
I was joking. That's not my scene. I doubt there even is a current season. I imagine it would be difficult to do in COVID isolation.
No, it is on. Tiger Lady was one of the participants... ::)
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 03:40:57 PM
Onward!
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 28, 2020, 03:42:20 PM

Mandalorian season 2 drops Friday!
My sons were telling me. Keep meaning to watch the first season and still haven't. I'll eventually get around to it...
Why am I not surprised by that...
Are you also surprised that I'm not yet done with this season of Dancing with the Stars?
I've been done with it before it came on.
I was joking. That's not my scene. I doubt there even is a current season. I imagine it would be difficult to do in COVID isolation.
No, it is on. Tiger Lady was one of the participants... ::)

I had to look up Tiger Lady.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 28, 2020, 04:38:48 PM

Mandalorian season 2 drops Friday!
My sons were telling me. Keep meaning to watch the first season and still haven't. I'll eventually get around to it...
Why am I not surprised by that...
Are you also surprised that I'm not yet done with this season of Dancing with the Stars?
I've been done with it before it came on.
I was joking. That's not my scene. I doubt there even is a current season. I imagine it would be difficult to do in COVID isolation.
No, it is on. Tiger Lady was one of the participants... ::)

I had to look up Tiger Lady.
Not sure I'd want to see her in a leotard.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 28, 2020, 05:45:10 PM
Onward!
I tried that Estili Puro. Very Enjoyable
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 08:02:11 PM

Mandalorian season 2 drops Friday!
My sons were telling me. Keep meaning to watch the first season and still haven't. I'll eventually get around to it...
Why am I not surprised by that...
Are you also surprised that I'm not yet done with this season of Dancing with the Stars?
I've been done with it before it came on.
I was joking. That's not my scene. I doubt there even is a current season. I imagine it would be difficult to do in COVID isolation.
No, it is on. Tiger Lady was one of the participants... ::)

I had to look up Tiger Lady.
You haven't watched Tiger King?
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 08:03:57 PM
Onward!
I tried that Estili Puro. Very Enjoyable
Glad you liked it.  I was pleasantly surprised as the last few Diesels have not been that great.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 28, 2020, 08:43:36 PM
Man, I'll tell you that Governor is killing small business. Tax hike again for cigars in NY State. Stopped by a nearby B&M. Couple of new cigars. Fonseca, Crowned Heads. Looks like 15 bucks is the new normal. Taxed coming in the door and out the door.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: bluecollar on October 28, 2020, 08:45:22 PM
Onward!
I tried that Estili Puro. Very Enjoyable
Glad you liked it.  I was pleasantly surprised as the last few Diesels have not been that great.
That Rabbit hole grew on me. Enjoyed one last night.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 09:41:57 PM
Onward!
I tried that Estili Puro. Very Enjoyable
Glad you liked it.  I was pleasantly surprised as the last few Diesels have not been that great.
That Rabbit hole grew on me. Enjoyed one last night.
I like both Rabbit Hole offerings, Sherry Cask especially.  Didn't care too much for the 10th, Heart of Darkness, Wicked.
Title: Re: 10/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 28, 2020, 09:43:16 PM
Man, I'll tell you that Governor is killing small business. Tax hike again for cigars in NY State. Stopped by a nearby B&M. Couple of new cigars. Fonseca, Crowned Heads. Looks like 15 bucks is the new normal. Taxed coming in the door and out the door.
Getting like Cali.