CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: 7/4/2014  (Read 55156 times)

glassken

Re: 7/4/2014
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2014, 02:28:33 AM »

Read:
Libertarian Party Chair Nicholas Sarwark said, "Those words from the Declaration also hold true of political parties. The Republicans and Democrats have no interest in securing our rights -- they have become 'destructive of these ends,' and now spend most of their time working on new ways to violate our rights. It's time to throw them out."

Sarwark continued, "According to recent Gallup polling, 46% of Americans now consider themselves 'independent' from the Democratic and Republican parties. We urge the other 54% to join them.

"The Republicans and Democrats have maintained their power partly by fostering the illusion that they are significantly different from each other. Supporters are told that if the other team gets elected, the world will end. In reality, the Republicans and Democrats are so similar that it doesn't matter which of them are in power. George W. Bush and the Republicans grew government across the board. Barack Obama and the Democrats grew government across the board."

I have been saying for years, that there is not a "dimes" difference between the parties.-Ken

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2014, 02:28:43 AM »

LP9 - Milder to the nose than the SL hababo.  Solid construction  Licorice right off the bat on the light. Mild flavors to start. I'm thinking Tennessee whiskey for this.  Old No. 7.

Johnny

« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2014, 02:28:45 AM »

Did everybody just go to sleep?
Good morning JR, I wish I was asleep but I was just catching up on the two banters from last night.
Morning Chip,I should be in bed by now but still have beer to drink.

glassken

« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2014, 02:32:03 AM »

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2014, 02:32:03 AM »

Good morning JR, I wish I was asleep but I was just catching up on the two banters from last night.
No reason to let good beer go to waste for sure.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2014, 02:35:43 AM »

Read:
Libertarian Party Chair Nicholas Sarwark said, "Those words from the Declaration also hold true of political parties. The Republicans and Democrats have no interest in securing our rights -- they have become 'destructive of these ends,' and now spend most of their time working on new ways to violate our rights. It's time to throw them out."

Sarwark continued, "According to recent Gallup polling, 46% of Americans now consider themselves 'independent' from the Democratic and Republican parties. We urge the other 54% to join them.

"The Republicans and Democrats have maintained their power partly by fostering the illusion that they are significantly different from each other. Supporters are told that if the other team gets elected, the world will end. In reality, the Republicans and Democrats are so similar that it doesn't matter which of them are in power. George W. Bush and the Republicans grew government across the board. Barack Obama and the Democrats grew government across the board."
In principle, I'm with you.

But principles are easily bought.  The problem with Libertarianism is that if it's done right, it fails for lack of a structure to preserve it.  This is what I find so objectionable about the "top-two" primary systems. It allows political participation without principle.

The answer is not to throw all the sumbitches out, the answer is to put in the right sumbitches.  I don't mind junkyard dogs, I just want them to recognize me from the last time I threw them some red meat. I want MY sumbitch in office.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2014, 02:36:53 AM »

No reason to let good beer go to waste for sure.
I did my first drinking with Navy men. Say what you want about Navy men, but never forget that on payday they always buy a round and no beer is left unfinished.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2014, 02:39:59 AM »

LP9 has really amazing construction.  You can see the entubar approach in the ash.  Tennessee whiskey is overwhelming it though.  Switching to cognac.  Don't have any good cognac, so Hennessey VS will have to do.

glassken

« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2014, 02:43:32 AM »

Read:

But principles are easily bought.  The problem with Libertarianism is that if it's done right, it fails for lack of a structure to preserve it.  This is what I find so objectionable about the "top-two" primary systems. It allows political participation without principle.

The answer is not to throw all the sumbitches out, the answer is to put in the right sumbitches.  I don't mind junkyard dogs, I just want them to recognize me from the last time I threw them some red meat. I want MY sumbitch in office.
"The problem with Libertarianism is that if it's done right, it fails for lack of a structure to preserve it" What? No sense was made here. Please explain why it lacks structure, and why is this "so called" structure important to you? There is no problem with Libertarians. Only with people who talk with there mouth full.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2014, 02:52:17 AM »

Read:

"The problem with Libertarianism is that if it's done right, it fails for lack of a structure to preserve it" What? No sense was made here. Please explain why it lacks structure, and why is this "so called" structure important to you? There is no problem with Libertarians. Only with people who talk with there mouth full.
Ouch!  ;-) Fair enough.

Libertarianism, by definition, is suspicious of party structure.  It relies on the principles of its adherents for its strength.  Problem is, men of principle are few and far between.  There's you, and me, and JR and Chip.  KC.  JWack, but JWack isn't everyone's cup of tea.  And let's face it, I've compromised my principles so often I've got scars on my knees from it. 

After that, how many men of principle do you know?  I could introduce you to some up here - my friends Tim, Jay, Keith, Patrick, and Brad.  My dad.  My brothers.  But then...what?  How do you enforce discipline upon the weaker men with so few better men to wield the big stick?

This has always been the weakness of Libertarianism.  It doesn't want to enforce accountability.  It wants to presume that men are not only created equal, and endowed with inalienable rights, it wants to also presume that both their boldness and passivity are equally valid.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2014, 03:01:02 AM »

Thoughts on the first third of the LP9.  It really wants Cognac, but good Cognac.  This Hennessy VS is too watery.  This is a subtle cigar.  It should be the first cigar of the evening, following a decently prepared multicourse meal with lots of good wine.  If this cigar was a woman, it would be...hrmmm...Nicole Kidman.  Tall, slinky, pretty, elegant, alluring, expensively dressed and expensively  perfumed...but distant, not terribly voluptuous, and a bit cold.  Maybe Greta Garbo. 

I like a raunchier cigar...and woman.

Switching back to bourbon.

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2014, 03:05:18 AM »

Looking back at yesterday's DDA, I can't believe what some of these guys are willing to bid just to win, the top guy almost doubled the starting price just so he could win some punch's.

Bidder   Quantity   Bid Amount
Per Item
1.    marspore   4 of 10   $49.25
2.    CKING   1 of 10   $46.00
3.    NHAMILTON   2 of 10   $45.00
4.    SteelerNation   1 of 10   $43.00
5.    artrade   1 of 10   $40.20
6.    telos3000@hotmail.com   2 of 10   $40.10
7.    Miami1   1 of 10   $40.03
8.    TSUSSAN   2 of 10   $40.01
9.    sumogolf   1 of 10   $40.00
10.    timog   2 of 10   $38.79
11.    SLAI   1 of 10   $38.00
12.    wether   1 of 10   $36.00
13.    farmerjohn   1 of 10   $35.01
14.    TIN253   3 of 10   $32.01
15.    rpsesq   1 of 10   $31.00
16.    swenton4   1 of 10   $30.12
17.    Cookie   2 of 10   $30.10
18.    SouthernSmoker   1 of 10   $30.01
19.    Vince V.   2 of 10   $30.00
20.    Smokindiesel   1 of 10   $30.00
21.    hbr   2 of 10   $28.00
22.    MattOO   2 of 10   $27.97
23.    CFLYNN   1 of 10   $27.79
24.    popeyes   2 of 10   $27.52
25.    Jmscs1   1 of 10   $26.79
26.    jamey999   1 of 10   $26.79
27.    bbreit   1 of 10   $26.79

glassken

« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2014, 03:05:27 AM »

Read:

Ouch!  ;-) Fair enough.

Libertarianism, by definition, is suspicious of party structure.  It relies on the principles of its adherents for its strength.  Problem is, men of principle are few and far between.  There's you, and me, and JR and Chip.  KC.  JWack, but JWack isn't everyone's cup of tea.  And let's face it, I've compromised my principles so often I've got scars on my knees from it. 

After that, how many men of principle do you know?  I could introduce you to some up here - my friends Tim, Jay, Keith, Patrick, and Brad.  My dad.  My brothers.  But then...what?  How do you enforce discipline upon the weaker men with so few better men to wield the big stick?

This has always been the weakness of Libertarianism.  It doesn't want to enforce accountability.  It wants to presume that men are not only created equal, and endowed with inalienable rights, it wants to also presume that both their boldness and passivity are equally valid.
Accountability? The two parties are not famous for that either. Who in Washinton is famous for accountability? It will be a revolution, or the end of this Country as we know it. It's already heading in that direction. This is not a case study in class--this is reality. Only so much can a man take. You are brainwashed that there has to be a two party system, but it has been in place for that reason--so we take sides, and it does not matter who wins. Because we all will loose. Maybe not in my lifetime, but maybe our kids lifetime. Wake up! You are spewing the pablum you were fed! Think without the political machine, and all of the brainwashing.

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2014, 03:06:54 AM »

Time to hit the road for work, enjoy the jam guys.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2014, 03:07:45 AM »

Looking back at yesterday's DDA, I can't believe what some of these guys are willing to bid just to win, the top guy almost doubled the starting price just so he could win some punch's.

Bidder   Quantity   Bid Amount
Per Item
1.    marspore   4 of 10   $49.25

Auctions produce insanity. Sometimes I just have to shake my head and hope the winner really enjoys what he paid too much for.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23