CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: 6/25/2018  (Read 3796 times)

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
Re: 6/25/2018
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2018, 08:11:54 AM »

June 25, 2018

– NATIONAL LEON DAY

– NATIONAL CATFISH DAY

– NATIONAL STRAWBERRY PARFAIT DAY
So, if I am a catfish named Leon, I should have a
strawberry parfait today?  Good Morning boys.
Flip, it's only 8 on the east coast. What brings you here at this hour?
see my last post, Hopefully I will be working from home for awhile. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2018, 08:16:25 AM »

Sometimes in our lives we all have pain
We all have sorrow
But if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow
Leon on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to Leon on
Please swallow your pride
If I have things you need to borrow
For no one can fill those of your needs
That you won't let show
You just call on me brother, when you need a hand
We all need somebody to Leon on
I just might have a problem that you'll understand
Leon on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to Leon on
You just call on me brother, when you need a hand

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2018, 08:18:51 AM »

Coughing Update:  seems the coughing was related to the heart issue.  bad ticker, not
enough blood pumping to lungs and kidneys, etc...  Went in for a Electro Cardiologist consult on
Thursday, when the machine couldn't register a blood pressure, they did it manually, then hooked up
an EKG, one blip per time frame, heart rate of 34.  I was informed I was in heart block, and would need
an emergency defibrillator/ Synchronized pacemaker that day.  no debate, we have scheduled you as
en emergency procedure today at the cardiac DAR.  kinda figured that something was up,
since I had been feeling terrible all week.  walked over to the hospital(doctor's office suite & hospital shared the sane driveway, and it was 80 yards downhill). heart so bad, they could not put me under for surgery, so it was done with a local.
Would have gotten out of the hospital Friday morning, but kidneys hadn't been getting enough blood, so Bun/Creatine levels were too high, didn't get to come home till 6pm Saturday.
Sheesh, Flip. That's nuts. Are you feeling better?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2018, 08:19:59 AM »

June 25, 2018

– NATIONAL LEON DAY

– NATIONAL CATFISH DAY

– NATIONAL STRAWBERRY PARFAIT DAY
So, if I am a catfish named Leon, I should have a
strawberry parfait today?  Good Morning boys.
Flip, it's only 8 on the east coast. What brings you here at this hour?
see my last post, Hopefully I will be working from home for awhile.
Just glad you're well enough to consider working. Take care of yourself, buddy.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2018, 08:24:50 AM »

Coughing Update:  seems the coughing was related to the heart issue.  bad ticker, not
enough blood pumping to lungs and kidneys, etc...  Went in for a Electro Cardiologist consult on
Thursday, when the machine couldn't register a blood pressure, they did it manually, then hooked up
an EKG, one blip per time frame, heart rate of 34.  I was informed I was in heart block, and would need
an emergency defibrillator/ Synchronized pacemaker that day.  no debate, we have scheduled you as
en emergency procedure today at the cardiac DAR.  kinda figured that something was up,
since I had been feeling terrible all week.  walked over to the hospital(doctor's office suite & hospital shared the sane driveway, and it was 80 yards downhill). heart so bad, they could not put me under for surgery, so it was done with a local.
Would have gotten out of the hospital Friday morning, but kidneys hadn't been getting enough blood, so Bun/Creatine levels were too high, didn't get to come home till 6pm Saturday.
Kind of ran you through the mill. I pray you'll be okay.
.....and you're working? SHEESH.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2018, 08:26:28 AM »

well I couldn't feel worse than last week, have to restrict movement on my left arm, and no shower for a week.
got 4 days of stubble going, might consider a beard.  Feeling better, sure, i had barely been getting in to work,
my 10 minute walk from Penn to the office was taking an hour last week.  No red sauce, low potassium, low sodium, low protein, low fat, watch sugar diet.  went into the hospital at 175 lbs, today I am 168 lbs.  I have been told by warden and kids, cigars are now verbotten.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2018, 08:30:27 AM »

well I couldn't feel worse than last week, have to restrict movement on my left arm, and no shower for a week.
got 4 days of stubble going, might consider a beard.  Feeling better, sure, i had barely been getting in to work,
my 10 minute walk from Penn to the office was taking an hour last week.  No red sauce, low potassium, low sodium, low protein, low fat, watch sugar diet.  went into the hospital at 175 lbs, today I am 168 lbs.  I have been told by warden and kids, cigars are now verbotten.

no cigars or red sauce is the worst news!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2018, 08:32:04 AM »

There are other pleasures in life besides cigars. Glad to hear you're feeling better, that sounds like quite an adventure you had!

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2018, 08:32:24 AM »

with all the doctors appointments, this year, I am out of sick days.  Had the operation on vacation time.
i keep systems running, I don't build gazebos...  toughest thing I do these days is get up out of a chair.  laast week, I would have to do it slowly, not to pass out.  this week, I just can't use my left arm, to help me up.  I am feeling a whole bunch better.  I did kind of have a greyish pallour, now my color is better.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2018, 08:46:47 AM »

going downstairs to take my meds, and have breakfast,
need to reboot my computer to fix problem with scanner.
have a great day guys...

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2018, 09:03:46 AM »

going downstairs to take my meds, and have breakfast,
need to reboot my computer to fix problem with scanner.
have a great day guys...
Don't be a stranger, Flip. Thoughts and prayers from the botl.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2018, 09:07:38 AM »

with all the doctors appointments, this year, I am out of sick days.  Had the operation on vacation time.
i keep systems running, I don't build gazebos...  toughest thing I do these days is get up out of a chair.  laast week, I would have to do it slowly, not to pass out.  this week, I just can't use my left arm, to help me up.  I am feeling a whole bunch better.  I did kind of have a greyish pallour, now my color is better.
Best wishes Flip, here is to a speedy recovery.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2018, 09:17:59 AM »

Perfect Score!

Doing breast checks and a little hottie was sitting on the Gunnel of a sailboat topless, lovely all-over tan.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2018, 10:13:55 AM »

Perfect Score!

Doing breast checks and a little hottie was sitting on the Gunnel of a sailboat topless, lovely all-over tan.
I hate when that happens!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2018, 10:34:08 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5