CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: 4/9/2018  (Read 9320 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 4/9/2018
« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2018, 07:59:30 PM »

So how about this schitt.  My Little Devil order arrived from the sis today, and the box contained air pillows, a packing slip, a Gurkha flyer, and no cigars.  Time to call customer service.
that Gurkha flyer must have been worth the price of the Little Devils plus 80% off.
Box was bit up and looks like it had been re-taped; someone at UPS is enjoying my cigars gratis.
Got another shipment on the way?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #121 on: April 09, 2018, 08:06:36 PM »

pizza ordered and on it's way.
later.
That sounds like a fine idea. I'm starving and don't feel like preparing anything. If I lived closer to David, I'd go join him at his lounge and enjoy a Cuban instead. Definitely less caloric that way.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2018, 08:30:07 PM »

later.
That sounds like a fine idea. I'm starving and don't feel like preparing anything. If I lived closer to David, I'd go join him at his lounge and enjoy a Cuban instead. Definitely less caloric that way.
always welcome

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #123 on: April 09, 2018, 08:35:29 PM »

later.
always welcome
Someday I would love to take you up on it.

Threebean

« Reply #124 on: April 09, 2018, 09:24:19 PM »

So how about this schitt.  My Little Devil order arrived from the sis today, and the box contained air pillows, a packing slip, a Gurkha flyer, and no cigars.  Time to call customer service.
that Gurkha flyer must have been worth the price of the Little Devils plus 80% off.
Box was beat up and looks like it had been re-taped; someone at UPS is enjoying my cigars gratis.
At least it didn't blow up.
Good point.  Thank you, GlassHalfFullDave.

Threebean

« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2018, 09:25:18 PM »

Box was bit up and looks like it had been re-taped; someone at UPS is enjoying my cigars gratis.
Got another shipment on the way?
Customer service said yes, and they put a claim into UPS. This after they had to call me back because they could not at first find the order in the system.   ::)

Threebean

« Reply #126 on: April 09, 2018, 09:26:57 PM »

later.
Had pizza and beer out with the warden for dinner.  Was yummo.  http://brooklynheightspizzeria.com/menu.html

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2018, 09:30:35 PM »

later.
Had pizza and beer out with the warden for dinner.  Was yummo.  http://brooklynheightspizzeria.com/menu.html
I made pulled chicken sliders on Saturday and we ate leftovers.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2018, 09:33:40 PM »

later.
What's the pizza challenge? I'm in!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #129 on: April 09, 2018, 11:06:41 PM »

later.
I made pulled chicken sliders on Saturday and we ate leftovers.
What are you doing pulling chickens?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #130 on: April 09, 2018, 11:10:12 PM »

I'm heart broken. Just learnt that a dear friend passed away earlier today leaving behind his wife and two daughters. Don't know exactly what was the cause but he had a stroke less than 6 months ago. We thought he had made a full recovery. Saw him a few weeks ago and he looked well. He was only 51. RIP George.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]