CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: 3/29/2018  (Read 7580 times)

Threebean

Re: 3/29/2018
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2018, 01:51:19 PM »

NJ is combined 6.6% (8th highest), Texas with combined state tax of 8.2 % (6.3 state, average 1.9% local), #4 highest is Washington with combined state tax of 9.2 %  (6.5% state plus average local of 2.7%)

Louisiana is highest at 10%  ( 5% state, average local 5%)
Tax burden comparison requires inclusion of income and property taxes along with sales tax. Unsurprisingly, commie states over-representative in the top 25%. 
https://wallethub.com/edu/states-with-highest-lowest-tax-burden/20494/#methodology
Agreed, but these numbers were only state and local sales tax.  My guess is that if these states have this high a sales tax, property and income taxes would be parallel.
Bottom line is in either case, we're gettin' raped.
Nope.  "analysts compared the 50 states across the three tax types that make up state tax burden — property taxes, individual income taxes, and sales and excise taxes — as a percentage of total personal income in the state."
Though, on this one, Dave is right. #7 is high enough on the scale we can put it in "rape" territory.
Indeed. Higher than CA without the nice weather.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2018, 01:59:16 PM »

NJ is combined 6.6% (8th highest), Texas with combined state tax of 8.2 % (6.3 state, average 1.9% local), #4 highest is Washington with combined state tax of 9.2 %  (6.5% state plus average local of 2.7%)

If that's the case, sounds like we need to recognize Texas as our newest commie state. ;)
At #34?  Careful, Mr. #13.
#34 by your list, #2 by Dave's. Truth is, I think TX is probably the least-commie like state we have, if there is such a thing, FormerlyTXDave's whining about people from CA invading notwithstanding.
I would put Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma, Dakota's come to mind.
AZ could be put near the top of that list, based solely on that crazy-ass former sheriff they have out there.
That crazy-ass sheriff represented the sentiments of his constituents well.  Lot of people in Arizona believe that convicted criminals and illegal immigrants aren't entitled to the "blessings of liberty" the rest of us pay for.  That's not such a crazy notion, come to think of it.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2018, 02:05:12 PM »

If that's the case, sounds like we need to recognize Texas as our newest commie state. ;)
#34 by your list, #2 by Dave's. Truth is, I think TX is probably the least-commie like state we have, if there is such a thing, FormerlyTXDave's whining about people from CA invading notwithstanding.
I would put Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma, Dakota's come to mind.
AZ could be put near the top of that list, based solely on that crazy-ass former sheriff they have out there.
That crazy-ass sheriff represented the sentiments of his constituents well.  Lot of people in Arizona believe that convicted criminals and illegal immigrants aren't entitled to the "blessings of liberty" the rest of us pay for.  That's not such a crazy notion, come to think of it.
He must've represented them well, since they voted him out in 2016. Now THERE'S a notion that's not crazy.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2018, 02:17:44 PM »

Casual dining chain with the most loyal customers:

1  Buffalo Wild Wings

2 Old Chicago Pizza

3 Denny's

4 Applebee's

5 IHOP

6 Cracker Barrel

7 Bill Miller Bar-B-Q

8 Hooters

9 Mellow Mushroom

10 Beef 'O' Brady's

11 Ninety Nine Restaurant

12 Hard Rock

13 Twin Peaks

14 Miller's Ale House

15 Uno Pizzaria & Grill

16 Chili's Grill & Bar

17 TGI Friday's

18 California Pizza Kitchen

19 BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse

20 Outback Steakhouse

21 Islands Restaurant

22 Houlihan's

23 Red Robin Gourmet Burgers

24 Yard House

25 Bar Louie

26 Bertucci's

27 Cheesecake Factory

28 Texas Roadhouse

29 On The Border Mexican Grill

30 Dave & Buster's
Quite a few commie establishments on this list, too.
https://www.concealedcarry.com/law/businesses-that-prohibit-guns-or-have-no-gun-policies/
Didn't work out too well for Panera bread's policy in Princeton last week...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/standoff-at-panera-bread-near-princeton-university-ends-after-gunman-fatally-shot-by-police-officials-say/ar-BBKtxB9

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2018, 02:21:15 PM »

See you birthers and non-birthers tomorrow. Hazzuh!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2018, 02:22:04 PM »

Casual dining chain with the most loyal customers:

1  Buffalo Wild Wings

2 Old Chicago Pizza

3 Denny's

4 Applebee's

5 IHOP

6 Cracker Barrel

7 Bill Miller Bar-B-Q

8 Hooters

9 Mellow Mushroom

10 Beef 'O' Brady's

11 Ninety Nine Restaurant

12 Hard Rock

13 Twin Peaks

14 Miller's Ale House

15 Uno Pizzaria & Grill

16 Chili's Grill & Bar

17 TGI Friday's

18 California Pizza Kitchen

19 BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse

20 Outback Steakhouse

21 Islands Restaurant

22 Houlihan's

23 Red Robin Gourmet Burgers

24 Yard House

25 Bar Louie

26 Bertucci's

27 Cheesecake Factory

28 Texas Roadhouse

29 On The Border Mexican Grill

30 Dave & Buster's
Quite a few commie establishments on this list, too.
https://www.concealedcarry.com/law/businesses-that-prohibit-guns-or-have-no-gun-policies/
Didn't work out too well for Panera bread's policy in Princeton last week...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/standoff-at-panera-bread-near-princeton-university-ends-after-gunman-fatally-shot-by-police-officials-say/ar-BBKtxB9
That's because their customers aren't as loyal as those from IHOP. ;)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2018, 02:22:16 PM »

At #34?  Careful, Mr. #19.
Don't need any alternate facts around here Mr. Bean.
But those are his favorite! ;)

EDIT: Though, Bean appears to be right, as OH is #13. You thinking I live in IA now?
Think we have different lists.  His is more comprehensive for all state taxes, I was only talking sales tax.  :  https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/taxes/2018/03/27/states-highest-and-lowest-sales-taxes/452512002/

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2018, 02:22:30 PM »

He must've represented them well, since they voted him out in 2016. Now THERE'S a notion that's not crazy.

Well, politicians need to be changed like dirty diapers and all that. But they voted him in for 24 years. It was only when he started the birther bullshit that people voted him out. That what gets you riled at him? The birther thing?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2018, 02:23:36 PM »

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2018, 02:26:53 PM »

Well, politicians need to be changed like dirty diapers and all that. But they voted him in for 24 years. It was only when he started the birther bullshit that people voted him out. That what gets you riled at him? The birther thing?
The birther thing just makes him look stupid. And I don't get riled at him, because he didn't represent me. The things he did were despicable, but we have enough bullshit going on closer to us for me to worry about a has-been sheriff who thinks it's still 1875.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2018, 02:32:46 PM »

The birther thing just makes him look stupid. And I don't get riled at him, because he didn't represent me. The things he did were despicable, but we have enough bullshit going on closer to us for me to worry about a has-been sheriff who thinks it's still 1875.
I reserve the word "despicable" for crimes like taking bribes or genocide.

What despicable things did he do, in your opinion?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2018, 02:53:30 PM »

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2018, 02:54:20 PM »

I reserve the word "despicable" for crimes like taking bribes or genocide.

What despicable things did he do, in your opinion?
Think he's gone for the day.  Hold that thought for tomorrow.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2018, 02:54:59 PM »

Any good leads from our new deals authority Tony?
DailyCigarDeals.com ?

Threebean

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9