Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2018, 08:26:08 AM »

Jury obligation released for the week.  Hopefully won't hear from them for another couple of years.
I was a little bummed when I was summoned, but then they never used me. Would've liked to have given it a whirl at least once.
I was seated on a jury once and will say it was interesting to see the legal system operate up close.  Luckily after the morning testimony the perp changed his plea to guilty, and we got to leave at lunch.  But as excuses to miss work go it beats the stomach flu.
Someone I work with was on a grand jury at the end of last year. Couple of days a week for several months. Said it was very enlightening.

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2018, 08:59:44 AM »

good morning. kayak loaded and I'm off to do some exploring close to home.
Dang. I thought I was up early.
Morning Tony, Dean. Happy Office Friday. Dean, your Yellow Cakes are up at the sis.
It's Friday for me too. Haven't had Good Friday off in decades.
I'm off as well.  Giving a lecture at Lafayette College then off to son #1 for the weekend.
Later, professor.
So they have a Cigar Appreciation course at that college?  Cool.
They do now!   :P

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2018, 09:02:26 AM »

Jury obligation released for the week.  Hopefully won't hear from them for another couple of years.
I was a little bummed when I was summoned, but then they never used me. Would've liked to have given it a whirl at least once.
I agree.  I would be happy to do the service.  But the being put on hold for a week then if called in, sitting in that room for a whole day....maybe getting called to sit....then in my case being dismissed every time because the lawyers (defense) don't want a person with my profile.

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2018, 09:04:34 AM »

Jury obligation released for the week.  Hopefully won't hear from them for another couple of years.
I was a little bummed when I was summoned, but then they never used me. Would've liked to have given it a whirl at least once.
I was seated on a jury once and will say it was interesting to see the legal system operate up close.  Luckily after the morning testimony the perp changed his plea to guilty, and we got to leave at lunch.  But as excuses to miss work go it beats the stomach flu.
Someone I work with was on a grand jury at the end of last year. Couple of days a week for several months. Said it was very enlightening.
This was just for petit jury.  One week on hold, one call in during that time and done.  (trial if paneled could last longer).

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2018, 09:04:37 AM »

Morning Tony and NonAcademicDave. A lot of empty seats in here this morning, yet the donuts are gone.  Go figure.
Doh! Sorry.

Good morning, Mark.

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2018, 09:12:43 AM »

The too long to digest list of 5ers at the Page today.  Some good deals including San Lotano, Laranja, DPG Blues, San Cristobal and Crowned Heads.

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2018, 09:13:11 AM »

Morning Tony and NonAcademicDave. A lot of empty seats in here this morning, yet the donuts are gone.  Go figure.
Doh! Sorry.

Good morning, Mark.
No you're not, who are you kidding?

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2018, 09:27:50 AM »

Morning Tony and NonAcademicDave. A lot of empty seats in here this morning, yet the donuts are gone.  Go figure.
Doh! Sorry.

Good morning, Mark.
No you're not, who are you kidding?
Hopefully Bean.

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2018, 09:34:21 AM »

Jury obligation released for the week.  Hopefully won't hear from them for another couple of years.
I was a little bummed when I was summoned, but then they never used me. Would've liked to have given it a whirl at least once.
I was seated on a jury once and will say it was interesting to see the legal system operate up close.  Luckily after the morning testimony the perp changed his plea to guilty, and we got to leave at lunch.  But as excuses to miss work go it beats the stomach flu.
Someone I work with was on a grand jury at the end of last year. Couple of days a week for several months. Said it was very enlightening.
I served on a grand jury once in Seneca County, NY. 3 days a week for six months. you sure learn about the worst of the county you live in.

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2018, 09:41:11 AM »

quit kayaking after a few idiot boaters who don't understand no wake zone about swamped me. one of them got stopped by Fish & Wildlife.

two months ago I call the county about a large pothole in the road in front of my driveway, they said they would send someone to take a look at it. I come home from kayaking and a contractor is paving the road. milled it last week. now that's service.

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2018, 09:52:16 AM »

quit kayaking after a few idiot boaters who don't understand no wake zone about swamped me. one of them got stopped by Fish & Wildlife.

two months ago I call the county about a large pothole in the road in front of my driveway, they said they would send someone to take a look at it. I come home from kayaking and a contractor is paving the road. milled it last week. now that's service.
So your suave style and sweet talking isn't reserved for the ladies....

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2018, 09:52:49 AM »

Morning Tony and NonAcademicDave. A lot of empty seats in here this morning, yet the donuts are gone.  Go figure.
Doh! Sorry.

Good morning, Mark.
No you're not, who are you kidding?
Hopefully Bean.
TWSS

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2018, 10:03:50 AM »

quit kayaking after a few idiot boaters who don't understand no wake zone about swamped me. one of them got stopped by Fish & Wildlife.

two months ago I call the county about a large pothole in the road in front of my driveway, they said they would send someone to take a look at it. I come home from kayaking and a contractor is paving the road. milled it last week. now that's service.
So your suave style and sweet talking isn't reserved for the ladies....
No, it covers all different holes. ;)

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2018, 10:04:07 AM »

quit kayaking after a few idiot boaters who don't understand no wake zone about swamped me. one of them got stopped by Fish & Wildlife.

two months ago I call the county about a large pothole in the road in front of my driveway, they said they would send someone to take a look at it. I come home from kayaking and a contractor is paving the road. milled it last week. now that's service.
So your suave style and sweet talking isn't reserved for the ladies....

Who says the bureaucrats he's dealing with aren't ladies?

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2018, 10:06:24 AM »

quit kayaking after a few idiot boaters who don't understand no wake zone about swamped me. one of them got stopped by Fish & Wildlife.

two months ago I call the county about a large pothole in the road in front of my driveway, they said they would send someone to take a look at it. I come home from kayaking and a contractor is paving the road. milled it last week. now that's service.
So your suave style and sweet talking isn't reserved for the ladies....
Who says the bureaucrats he's dealing with aren't ladies?
Good point.  Dean just can't stand seeing a hole go unfilled.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9