Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2018, 07:35:39 AM »

Ten years ago: Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama denounced inflammatory remarks from his pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, who had railed against the United States and accused its leaders of bringing on the Sept. 11 attacks by spreading terrorism. A tornado ripped into the Georgia Dome during the Southeastern Conference tournament, sending debris tumbling from the ceiling and prompting fans to flee. Protests led by Buddhist monks against Chinese rule in Tibet turned violent, leading to an extensive crackdown by China's military. Lindsey Vonn completed the first American sweep of the overall World Cup titles in 25 years, a day after Bode Miller won his second overall crown in Bormio, Italy.

Five years ago: During his first full day as pontiff, Pope Francis stopped by his Vatican hotel to pick up his luggage and pay the bill himself. Some 10,000 workers from across the European Union protested outside a summit of EU leaders in Brussels, demanding they end years of austerity and focus instead on curbing runaway unemployment with more spending. A nearly 19-hour standoff in Herkimer, New York, came to an end inside a cluttered, abandoned bar as police SWAT teams killed the suspect in four fatal shootings. The NHL's realignment plan was approved by the league's board of governors.

One year ago: A blustery late-season storm plastered the Northeast with sleet and snow, paralyzing much of the Washington-to-Boston corridor but falling well short of predicted snow totals in New York, Boston and Philadelphia. President Donald Trump earned $153 million and paid $36.5 million in income taxes in 2005, according to highly sought-after tax documents disclosed by a reporter. Declaring "enough is enough," Gen. Robert Neller, the Marine Corps commandant, told senators that he intended to fix the problem that led to current and former Corps members sharing nude photos of female Marines online and making lewd or threatening comments about them. Mitch Seavey won his third Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race, becoming the fastest and oldest champion at age 57. Seavey also set a time record of 8 days, 3 hours, 40 minutes and 13 seconds.

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2018, 07:35:58 AM »

Morning Dean, Tony, Dave and Fishy.
Good morning, MNDave.
So I technically escaped daylight savings for three days!
When are you meeting up with Oy?
Wednesday, pay attention
Also known as Steak and a BJ Day. Hope they stick to just cigars.

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2018, 07:36:20 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Singer Phil Phillips (Song: "Sea of Love") is 92. Former astronaut Frank Borman is 90. Actor Michael Caine is 85. Composer-conductor Quincy Jones is 85. Actor Raymond J. Barry is 79. Movie director Wolfgang Petersen is 77. Country singer Michael Martin Murphey is 73. Rock musician Walt Parazaider (payr-ah-ZAY'-der)(Chicago) is 73. Actor Steve Kanaly is 72. Comedian Billy Crystal is 70. Former Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., is 70. Actor-writer-comedian-radio personality Rick Dees is 67. Country singer Jann Browne is 64. Actor Adrian Zmed is 64. Prince Albert II, the ruler of Monaco, is 60. Actress Laila Robins is 59. Actress Tamara Tunie (tuh-MAH'-ruh TOO'-nee) is 59. Actress Penny Johnson Jerald is 58. Producer-director-writer Kevin Williamson is 53. Actress Elise Neal is 52. Actor Gary Anthony Williams is 52. Actress Megan Follows is 50. Rock musician Michael Bland is 49. Country singer Kristian Bush is 48. Rock musician Derrick is 46. Actress Betsy Brandt is 45. Actress Grace Park is 44. Actor Daniel Gillies is 42. Actor Corey Stoll is 42. Actor Jake Fogelnest is 39. Actor Chris Klein is 39. Actor Ryan Cartwright (TV: "Kevin Can Wait") is 37. Actress Kate Maberly is 36. Singer-musician Taylor Hanson (Hanson) is 35. Actor Jamie Bell is 32. Rock musician Este Haim (HY'-uhm) (Haim) is 32. Actor Ansel Elgort is 24. Olympic gold medal gymnast Simone Biles is 21. Actor James Freedson-Jackson (Film: "The Strange Ones") is 16.

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2018, 07:36:50 AM »

Thought for Today: "The avoidance of taxes is the only intellectual pursuit that still carries any reward." - John Maynard Keynes, British economist (1883-1946).

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2018, 07:38:05 AM »

Morning Dean, Tony, Dave and Fishy.
Good morning, MNDave.
So I technically escaped daylight savings for three days!
When are you meeting up with Oy?
Wednesday, pay attention

I had to check the calendar to figure out what today was.

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2018, 07:40:51 AM »

Morning Dean, Tony, Dave and Fishy.
Good morning, MNDave.
So I technically escaped daylight savings for three days!
When are you meeting up with Oy?
Wednesday, pay attention

I had to check the calendar to figure out what today was.
You blaming Daylight Savings again?

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2018, 07:45:56 AM »

Morning Dean, Tony, Dave and Fishy.
Good morning, MNDave.
So I technically escaped daylight savings for three days!
When are you meeting up with Oy?
Wednesday, pay attention

I had to check the calendar to figure out what today was.
You blaming Daylight Savings again?
Nah, I had these issues before Sunday.

Edit: Maybe the decades of switching back and forth?

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2018, 07:47:14 AM »

Morning Dean, Tony, Dave and Fishy.
Good morning, MNDave.
So I technically escaped daylight savings for three days!
When are you meeting up with Oy?
After work today at his lounge.

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2018, 07:48:24 AM »

Morning Dean, Tony, Dave and Fishy.
Good morning, MNDave.
So I technically escaped daylight savings for three days!
When are you meeting up with Oy?
Wednesday, pay attention
Also known as Steak and a BJ Day. Hope they stick to just cigars.
It is, isn't  it.

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2018, 07:50:51 AM »

Morning Dean, Tony, Dave and Fishy.
Good morning, MNDave.
So I technically escaped daylight savings for three days!
When are you meeting up with Oy?
Wednesday, pay attention

I had to check the calendar to figure out what today was.
You blaming Daylight Savings again?
Nah, I had these issues before Sunday.

Edit: Maybe the decades of switching back and forth?
Maybe cigarbanter.com should come out with annual calendars for it's members.

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2018, 07:52:36 AM »

Morning Dean, Tony, Dave and Fishy.
Good morning, MNDave.
So I technically escaped daylight savings for three days!
When are you meeting up with Oy?
Wednesday, pay attention

I had to check the calendar to figure out what today was.
You blaming Daylight Savings again?
Nah, I had these issues before Sunday.

Edit: Maybe the decades of switching back and forth?
Maybe cigarbanter.com should come out with annual calendars for it's members.
What month will be Oy's manboobs?

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2018, 07:52:53 AM »

Morning Dean, Tony, Dave and Fishy.
Good morning, MNDave.
So I technically escaped daylight savings for three days!
When are you meeting up with Oy?
Wednesday, pay attention

I had to check the calendar to figure out what today was.
You blaming Daylight Savings again?
Nah, I had these issues before Sunday.

Edit: Maybe the decades of switching back and forth?
Maybe cigarbanter.com should come out with annual calendars for it's members.
That's not likely.

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2018, 07:54:48 AM »

Three pages into the banter and has anyone even mentioned there's a Jam going on today?  Or that Tat Jason boxes are offered at the sis?

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2018, 07:55:31 AM »

Morning Dean, Tony, Dave and Fishy.
Good morning, MNDave.
So I technically escaped daylight savings for three days!
When are you meeting up with Oy?
Wednesday, pay attention

I had to check the calendar to figure out what today was.
You blaming Daylight Savings again?
Nah, I had these issues before Sunday.

Edit: Maybe the decades of switching back and forth?
Maybe cigarbanter.com should come out with annual calendars for it's members.
What month will be Oy's manboobs?
April (Fools)

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2018, 08:01:42 AM »

Morning Dean, Tony, Dave and Fishy.
Good morning, MNDave.
So I technically escaped daylight savings for three days!
When are you meeting up with Oy?
Wednesday, pay attention

I had to check the calendar to figure out what today was.
You blaming Daylight Savings again?
Nah, I had these issues before Sunday.

Edit: Maybe the decades of switching back and forth?
Maybe cigarbanter.com should come out with annual calendars for it's members.
That's not likely.
We knew
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9