CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on February 27, 2018, 01:02:25 AM

Title: 2/27/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on February 27, 2018, 01:02:25 AM
It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 27, 2018, 05:37:48 AM
Morning, boyos.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 27, 2018, 06:06:44 AM
Morning, boyos.
Good morning, Dave. How about that for a Joe cigar deal of the day?
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 27, 2018, 06:14:00 AM
Morning, boyos.
Good morning, Dave. How about that for a Joe cigar deal of the day?
Don't like your cigars to have a "plumpin' stature", eh? Lol
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 27, 2018, 06:16:58 AM
Morning, boyos.
Good morning, Dave. How about that for a Joe cigar deal of the day?
Don't like your cigars to have a "plumpin' stature", eh? Lol
Actually, there was a time that I thought these were decent cigars. It's no longer that time.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 06:18:20 AM
Morning Tony and Dave.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 06:19:07 AM
Ave Maria Day at the Sis in addition to those CI Brutes.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 06:19:30 AM
Happy National Pancake Day!
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 06:20:53 AM
Today is Tuesday, Feb. 27, the 58th day of 2018. There are 307 days left in the year.
Today's Highlights in History:
On Feb. 27, 1968, at the conclusion of a CBS News special report on the Vietnam War, Walter Cronkite delivered a commentary in which he said that the conflict appeared "mired in stalemate." Former teen singing idol Frankie Lymon, known for such songs as "Why Do Fools Fall in Love" and "Goody Goody," was found dead of a drug overdose in New York at age 25.
On this date:
In 1700, English explorer William Dampier became the first known European visitor to the island of New Britain in the Southwest Pacific.
In 1801, the District of Columbia was placed under the jurisdiction of Congress.
In 1911, inventor Charles F. Kettering demonstrated his electric automobile starter in Detroit by starting a Cadillac's motor with just the press of a switch, instead of hand-cranking.
In 1922, the Supreme Court, in Leser v. Garnett, unanimously upheld the 19th Amendment to the Constitution, which guaranteed the right of women to vote.
In 1933, Germany's parliament building, the Reichstag (RYKS'-tahg), was gutted by fire; Chancellor Adolf Hitler, blaming the Communists, used the fire to justify suspending civil liberties.
In 1943, during World War II, Norwegian commandos launched a successful raid to sabotage a German-operated heavy water plant in Norway. An explosion inside a coal mine near Bearcreek, Montana, killed 74 miners and one rescue worker. The U.S. government, responding to a copper shortage, began circulating one-cent coins made of steel plated with zinc (the steel pennies proved unpopular, since they were easily mistaken for dimes).
In 1951, the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution, limiting a president to two terms of office, was ratified.
In 1960, the U.S. Olympic hockey team defeated the Soviets, 3-2, at the Winter Games in Squaw Valley, California. (The U.S. team went on to win the gold medal.)
In 1973, members of the American Indian Movement occupied the hamlet of Wounded Knee in South Dakota, the site of the 1890 massacre of Sioux men, women and children. (The occupation lasted until the following May.)
In 1986, the U.S. Senate approved telecasts of its debates on a trial basis.
In 1991, Operation Desert Storm came to a conclusion as President George H.W. Bush declared that "Kuwait is liberated, Iraq's army is defeated," and announced that the allies would suspend combat operations at midnight, Eastern time.
In 1993, actress Lillian Gish died in New York at age 99.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 06:21:29 AM
Ten years ago: William F. Buckley Jr., 82, the author and conservative commentator, was found dead at his home in Stamford, Connecticut. Civil rights leader John Lewis, a Democratic congressman from Atlanta, dropped his support for Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton in favor of Barack Obama.

Five years ago: The Senate confirmed Jacob Lew to be Treasury secretary by a vote of 71-26. President Barack Obama unveiled a statue of civil rights icon Rosa Parks at the U.S. Capitol. Van Cliburn, the internationally celebrated pianist whose triumph at a 1958 Moscow competition launched a spectacular career that made him the rare classical musician to enjoy rock star status, died in Fort Worth, Texas, at age 78.

One year ago: President Donald Trump proposed a huge $54 billion surge in U.S. military spending for new aircraft, ships and fighters in his first federal budget while slashing big chunks from domestic programs and foreign aid to make the government "do more with less." The Senate confirmed billionaire investor Wilbur Ross as commerce secretary by a vote of 72-27.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 06:21:56 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actress Joanne Woodward is 88. Consumer advocate Ralph Nader is 84. Opera singer Mirella Freni is 83. Actress Barbara Babcock is 81. Actor Howard Hesseman is 78. Actress Debra Monk is 69. Rock singer-musician Neal Schon (Journey) is 64. Rock musician Adrian Smith (Iron Maiden) is 61. Actor Timothy Spall is 61. Rock musician Paul Humphreys (Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark) is 58. Country singer Johnny Van Zant (Van Zant) is 58. Rock musician Leon Mobley (Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals) is 57. Basketball Hall of Famer James Worthy is 57. Actor Adam Baldwin is 56. Actor Grant Show is 56. Rock musician Mike Cross (Sponge) is 53. Actor Noah Emmerich is 53. Actor Donal Logue (DOH'-nuhl LOHG) is 52. Rhythm-and-blues singer Chilli (TLC) is 47. Rock musician Jeremy Dean (Nine Days) is 46. Rhythm-and-blues singer Roderick Clark is 45. Country-rock musician Shonna Tucker is 40. Chelsea Clinton is 38. Actor Brandon Beemer is 38. Rock musician Cyrus Bolooki (New Found Glory) is 38. Rock musician Jake Clemons (Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band) is 38. Rhythm-and-blues singer Bobby Valentino is 38. Singer Josh Groban is 37. Banjoist Noam (cq) Pikelny is 37. Rock musician Jared Champion (Cage the Elephant) is 35. Actress Kate Mara is 35. Actress Lindsey Morgan is 28.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 06:22:33 AM
Thought for Today: "There is no inevitability in history except as men make it." - Felix Frankfurter, U.S. Supreme Court Justice (1882-1965).
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 06:23:26 AM
Thought for Today: "There is no inevitability in history except as men make it." - Felix Frankfurter, U.S. Supreme Court Justice (1882-1965).
Wonder if Felix is any relation to Anthony Weiner?
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on February 27, 2018, 06:26:15 AM
good morning guys. off to see the allergist this morning.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 06:37:07 AM
Morning Dean.  Hopefully no revelations with this visit.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 27, 2018, 06:39:04 AM
Morning, boyos.
Good morning, Dave. How about that for a Joe cigar deal of the day?
Don't like your cigars to have a "plumpin' stature", eh? Lol
Actually, there was a time that I thought these were decent cigars. It's no longer that time.
The Cuba Libre Ones weren't bad, but I never tried these. Don't believe I have any desire to, either.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 27, 2018, 06:39:51 AM
good morning guys. off to see the allergist this morning.
If he asks you to turn your head and cough, you might want to ask to see his credentials.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 27, 2018, 06:41:48 AM
Morning Tony and Dave.
Good morning, NJDave.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 27, 2018, 06:42:24 AM
good morning guys. off to see the allergist this morning.
Good morning, Dean. Are you finally free from influenza?
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 27, 2018, 06:44:28 AM
Morning, boyos.
Good morning, Dave. How about that for a Joe cigar deal of the day?
Don't like your cigars to have a "plumpin' stature", eh? Lol
Actually, there was a time that I thought these were decent cigars. It's no longer that time.
The Cuba Libre Ones weren't bad, but I never tried these. Don't believe I have any desire to, either.
We've become such snobs.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 27, 2018, 06:50:43 AM
Morning, boyos.
Good morning, Dave. How about that for a Joe cigar deal of the day?
Don't like your cigars to have a "plumpin' stature", eh? Lol
Actually, there was a time that I thought these were decent cigars. It's no longer that time.
The Cuba Libre Ones weren't bad, but I never tried these. Don't believe I have any desire to, either.
We've become such snobs.
Indeed. I remember when all I was looking for was the Gran Habano Vintage 2002. And those suckers went fast, too.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 06:52:27 AM
good morning guys. off to see the allergist this morning.
If he asks you to turn your head and cough, you might want to ask to see his credentials.
Or puts both hands on your shoulders.
Remember they give allergy shots in the arm.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 06:53:45 AM
Morning, boyos.
Good morning, Dave. How about that for a Joe cigar deal of the day?
Don't like your cigars to have a "plumpin' stature", eh? Lol
Actually, there was a time that I thought these were decent cigars. It's no longer that time.
The Cuba Libre Ones weren't bad, but I never tried these. Don't believe I have any desire to, either.
We've become such snobs.
I prefer to think of it as enlightened.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on February 27, 2018, 06:54:52 AM
good morning guys. off to see the allergist this morning.
Good morning, Dean. Are you finally free from influenza?
been almost 2 weeks, a bit of chest congestion that may or may not be from flu, possibly pollen. we shall see.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 06:58:27 AM
I'm guessing this senator doesn't have to worry about any NRA backlash.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/south-carolina-rep-hosts-drawing-for-teachers-to-win-a-free-handgun/ar-BBJDUp6?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 27, 2018, 06:59:21 AM
Morning, boyos.
Good morning, Dave. How about that for a Joe cigar deal of the day?
Don't like your cigars to have a "plumpin' stature", eh? Lol
Actually, there was a time that I thought these were decent cigars. It's no longer that time.
The Cuba Libre Ones weren't bad, but I never tried these. Don't believe I have any desire to, either.
We've become such snobs.
Indeed. I remember when all I was looking for was the Gran Habano Vintage 2002. And those suckers went fast, too.
Which makes me think that the deals haven't gotten worse, they just haven't "evolved" with us.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 27, 2018, 07:04:11 AM
I'm guessing this senator doesn't have to worry about any NRA backlash.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/south-carolina-rep-hosts-drawing-for-teachers-to-win-a-free-handgun/ar-BBJDUp6?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
I think we should arm some students instead. That will give them the incentive to finish school.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 27, 2018, 07:09:46 AM
I'm guessing this senator doesn't have to worry about any NRA backlash.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/south-carolina-rep-hosts-drawing-for-teachers-to-win-a-free-handgun/ar-BBJDUp6?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
I don't know why we need to bother arming teachers, President Bonespurs says he'll just run in there with his wits and gumption and take care of any situation. Just need to deploy him when necessary. Problem solved.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 07:41:28 AM
I'm guessing this senator doesn't have to worry about any NRA backlash.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/south-carolina-rep-hosts-drawing-for-teachers-to-win-a-free-handgun/ar-BBJDUp6?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
I don't know why we need to bother arming teachers, President Bonespurs says he'll just run in there with his wits and gumption and take care of any situation. Just need to deploy him when necessary. Problem solved.
There you have it!
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 07:44:05 AM
Morning, boyos.
Good morning, Dave. How about that for a Joe cigar deal of the day?
Don't like your cigars to have a "plumpin' stature", eh? Lol
Actually, there was a time that I thought these were decent cigars. It's no longer that time.
The Cuba Libre Ones weren't bad, but I never tried these. Don't believe I have any desire to, either.
We've become such snobs.
Indeed. I remember when all I was looking for was the Gran Habano Vintage 2002. And those suckers went fast, too.
Which makes me think that the deals haven't gotten worse, they just haven't "evolved" with us.
I would like to give them that benefit of the doubt as well, but I can't.  There used to be a variety offered.  Used to be some real surprise deals with different sticks, used to be appearances by newly released sticks and even preview sticks that we didn't know about.  Unfortunately both Daily Deals and Jams HAVE gotten worse.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 27, 2018, 07:53:26 AM
[...]
+1 It's not us, it's them.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 27, 2018, 08:18:44 AM
Good morning Daves, Tony, and MucinexDean.  Heading back to NE for the rest of the week shortly.  Looking forward to asking about the Patriots.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 27, 2018, 08:21:45 AM
Good morning Daves, Tony, and MucinexDean.  Heading back to NE for the rest of the week shortly.  Looking forward to asking about the Patriots.
LALTS. Morning, CruisinForABruisinMark.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 09:30:55 AM
Good morning Daves, Tony, and MucinexDean.  Heading back to NE for the rest of the week shortly.  Looking forward to asking about the Patriots.
You do that...it will make for a nice icebreaker Bean.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 27, 2018, 09:32:40 AM
Good morning Daves, Tony, and MucinexDean.  Heading back to NE for the rest of the week shortly.  Looking forward to asking about the Patriots.
You do that...it will make for a nice icebreaker Bean.
He's gonna end up getting run over by a cah.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 09:36:32 AM
Good morning Daves, Tony, and MucinexDean.  Heading back to NE for the rest of the week shortly.  Looking forward to asking about the Patriots.
Sunny and nice couple of days followed by possible NorEaster at the end of the week.  Precip uncertain.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 09:36:59 AM
Good morning Daves, Tony, and MucinexDean.  Heading back to NE for the rest of the week shortly.  Looking forward to asking about the Patriots.
You do that...it will make for a nice icebreaker Bean.
He's gonna end up getting run over by a cah.
I see what you did there.... :o
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 27, 2018, 09:55:12 AM
Good morning Daves, Tony, and MucinexDean.  Heading back to NE for the rest of the week shortly.  Looking forward to asking about the Patriots.
You do that...it will make for a nice icebreaker Bean.
Speaking of ice breakers, I'm enjoying your avvys.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 27, 2018, 09:57:16 AM
Good morning Daves, Tony, and MucinexDean.  Heading back to NE for the rest of the week shortly.  Looking forward to asking about the Patriots.
You do that...it will make for a nice icebreaker Bean.
Speaking of ice breakers, I'm enjoying your avvys.
SideBAM!
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: razgueado on February 27, 2018, 09:58:40 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: razgueado on February 27, 2018, 10:02:19 AM
Thought for Today: "There is no inevitability in history except as men make it." - Felix Frankfurter, U.S. Supreme Court Justice (1882-1965).
Which is to say, "There is no inevitability in history." Except that history is to look at the present and the past. So the quip is nonsensical.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 10:11:29 AM
Good morning Daves, Tony, and MucinexDean.  Heading back to NE for the rest of the week shortly.  Looking forward to asking about the Patriots.
You do that...it will make for a nice icebreaker Bean.
Speaking of ice breakers, I'm enjoying your avvys.
Thanks Tony.  Just trying to do my part.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 10:12:31 AM
Thought for Today: "There is no inevitability in history except as men make it." - Felix Frankfurter, U.S. Supreme Court Justice (1882-1965).
Which is to say, "There is no inevitability in history." Except that history is to look at the present and the past. So the quip is nonsensical.
As is most political and legal mumbo jumbo.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 10:12:44 AM
Good Day Mr. Raz.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: razgueado on February 27, 2018, 10:14:04 AM
Thought for Today: "There is no inevitability in history except as men make it." - Felix Frankfurter, U.S. Supreme Court Justice (1882-1965).
Which is to say, "There is no inevitability in history." Except that history is to look at the present and the past. So the quip is nonsensical.
As is most political and legal mumbo jumbo.
Let us endeavor to persevere.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: razgueado on February 27, 2018, 10:14:33 AM
Good Day Mr. Raz.
Morning, TD. How's the market this morning? Haven't had a chance to look.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 27, 2018, 11:09:07 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning to ya, Razmandoo.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: razgueado on February 27, 2018, 11:09:58 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning to ya, Razmandoo.
Good morning, Mr. Ambassador.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 27, 2018, 11:10:39 AM
Good Day Mr. Raz.
Morning, TD. How's the market this morning? Haven't had a chance to look.
I hope you aren't holding your breath... It appears to be holding its own.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: razgueado on February 27, 2018, 11:12:14 AM
Good Day Mr. Raz.
Morning, TD. How's the market this morning? Haven't had a chance to look.
I hope you aren't holding your breath... It appears to be holding its own.
Everyone's jittery when the Fed chair speaks.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 27, 2018, 11:12:27 AM
Thought for Today: "There is no inevitability in history except as men make it." - Felix Frankfurter, U.S. Supreme Court Justice (1882-1965).
Which is to say, "There is no inevitability in history." Except that history is to look at the present and the past. So the quip is nonsensical.
As is most political and legal mumbo jumbo.
Let us endeavor to persevere.
Sounds like someone has been working on their Ladder of Successful Opportunities Ladder.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: razgueado on February 27, 2018, 11:13:59 AM
Thought for Today: "There is no inevitability in history except as men make it." - Felix Frankfurter, U.S. Supreme Court Justice (1882-1965).
Which is to say, "There is no inevitability in history." Except that history is to look at the present and the past. So the quip is nonsensical.
As is most political and legal mumbo jumbo.
Let us endeavor to persevere.
Sounds like someone has been working on their Ladder of Successful Opportunities Ladder.
Haven't you heard? I'm white and privileged. Everything gets handed to me. I don't need no stinkin' ladder.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 27, 2018, 11:14:51 AM
Not too shabby boarding aisle scenery this morning.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 27, 2018, 11:19:15 AM
Not too shabby boarding aisle scenery this morning.
Getting pretty nice out here, I was just thinking the same thing about the fitness class that's taken its talents outdoors today.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 11:23:38 AM
Good Day Mr. Raz.
Morning, TD. How's the market this morning? Haven't had a chance to look.
Taking a breather as one would expect from yesterdays outburst.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 11:25:00 AM
Not too shabby boarding aisle scenery this morning.
Silver linings!
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 11:25:43 AM
Found my vocabulary word for the day, kakistocracy!
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 27, 2018, 11:28:15 AM
Found my vocabulary word for the day, kakistocracy!
#fakewords
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: ss2 on February 27, 2018, 11:43:20 AM
good almost afternoon all.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: razgueado on February 27, 2018, 12:11:51 PM
good almost afternoon all.
Howdy, Sam.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: razgueado on February 27, 2018, 12:14:46 PM
Good Day Mr. Raz.
Morning, TD. How's the market this morning? Haven't had a chance to look.
Taking a breather as one would expect from yesterdays outburst.
It stopped taking a breather and decided to have a temper tantrum.  Yesterday has ceased to exist.

I guess it didn't like what it heard from Powell.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 27, 2018, 12:30:39 PM
good almost afternoon all.
Good it's the afternoon now, Sam.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on February 27, 2018, 01:07:05 PM
just a thought:
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: ss2 on February 27, 2018, 01:32:28 PM
just a thought:
Good thinking on your part!  Hi Flip!
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 01:34:02 PM
just a thought:
That's not a bar, that's a wine rack.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 01:36:19 PM
Good Day Mr. Raz.
Morning, TD. How's the market this morning? Haven't had a chance to look.
Taking a breather as one would expect from yesterdays outburst.
It stopped taking a breather and decided to have a temper tantrum.  Yesterday has ceased to exist.

I guess it didn't like what it heard from Powell.
Not THAT bad....it would be pretty hard to erase all of yesterday.  Currently only giving back about 15%
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 01:36:49 PM
So what's for lunch GastroFlip?
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 01:37:08 PM
So what's for lunch GastroFlip?
Or are you still starving that fever?
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 27, 2018, 01:37:10 PM
just a thought:
That's not a bar, that's a wine rack.
Nothing wrong with a rack in the shower either!
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 27, 2018, 01:38:18 PM
just a thought:
That's not a bar, that's a wine rack.
Nothing wrong with a rack in the shower either!
I see what you did there...
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 27, 2018, 01:41:05 PM
just a thought:
That's not a bar, that's a wine rack.
Nothing wrong with a rack in the shower either!
That avy series is still to come.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 27, 2018, 01:41:56 PM
It's winter, why are these damn planes so full?
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 01:56:58 PM
just a thought:
That's not a bar, that's a wine rack.
Nothing wrong with a rack in the shower either!
That avy series is still to come.
Always open for requests.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 01:59:21 PM
It's winter, why are these damn planes so full?
They have their ridership mapped out pretty well, and have reduced flights to optimize.  While we may like stretching out over three seats, doesn't do much for their cash flow.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 02:00:15 PM
It's winter, why are these damn planes so full?
They have their ridership mapped out pretty well, and have reduced flights to optimize.  While we may like stretching out over three seats, doesn't do much for their cash flow.
Just like upgrades....few and far between, especially on hub routes.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 27, 2018, 02:13:31 PM
just a thought:
That's not a bar, that's a wine rack.
Nothing wrong with a rack in the shower either!
That avy series is still to come.
Always open for requests.
TWSS?
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 27, 2018, 02:20:42 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 02:27:43 PM
just a thought:
That's not a bar, that's a wine rack.
Nothing wrong with a rack in the shower either!
That avy series is still to come.
Always open for requests.
TWSS?
Maybe for Dean, but not the S's I know knew.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 02:28:06 PM
Onward and upward Dave.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on February 27, 2018, 02:34:40 PM
So what's for lunch GastroFlip?
Hot & sour soup, and an egg roll.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on February 27, 2018, 02:35:13 PM
Hazzuh!
bye golf.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 27, 2018, 03:01:20 PM
Decided on a Caldwell The T toro for after work. I believe this one was courtesy of Mr.  Fischer.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 03:05:41 PM
Decided on a Caldwell The T toro for after work. I believe this one was courtesy of Mr.  Fischer.
::)
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 03:06:22 PM
Decided on a Caldwell The T toro for after work. I believe this one was courtesy of Mr.  Fischer.
Fine day to enjoy it.  Bring a good one for tomorrow too!
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 03:08:15 PM
Good Day Mr. Raz.
Morning, TD. How's the market this morning? Haven't had a chance to look.
Taking a breather as one would expect from yesterdays outburst.
It stopped taking a breather and decided to have a temper tantrum.  Yesterday has ceased to exist.

I guess it didn't like what it heard from Powell.
Not THAT bad....it would be pretty hard to erase all of yesterday.  Currently only giving back about 15%
Then again.  These days, not worth commenting before the final bell.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 27, 2018, 03:46:00 PM
Decided on a Caldwell The T toro for after work. I believe this one was courtesy of Mr.  Fischer.
Fine day to enjoy it.  Bring a good one for tomorrow too!
If I really like it, maybe I'll smoke the robusto you gave me tomorrow.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: razgueado on February 27, 2018, 04:06:26 PM
Good Day Mr. Raz.
Morning, TD. How's the market this morning? Haven't had a chance to look.
Taking a breather as one would expect from yesterdays outburst.
It stopped taking a breather and decided to have a temper tantrum.  Yesterday has ceased to exist.

I guess it didn't like what it heard from Powell.
Not THAT bad....it would be pretty hard to erase all of yesterday.  Currently only giving back about 15%
Then again.  These days, not worth commenting before the final bell.
Well, I don't know about your portfolio, but in mine, yesterday no longer exists.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: ss2 on February 27, 2018, 04:20:24 PM
Well, it's that magical time of day where I have to leave all of this behind and go home to wait for another chance to get back at it.  to facilitate the experience, I've selected an El Mas Chingon super churchill (reminds me of a Gurkha size wise).  Can't remember what was said about this one, but i'm giving it a try.  have a great evening all!
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: ss2 on February 27, 2018, 04:21:51 PM
Decided on a Caldwell The T toro for after work. I believe this one was courtesy of Mr.  Fischer.
Fine day to enjoy it.  Bring a good one for tomorrow too!
If I really like it, maybe I'll smoke the robusto you gave me tomorrow.
I'm curious, how can you smoke something he hasn't given you yet?  (you said he gave it to you tomorrow.  neat trick!)  :p
sorry for that, but I am on the way out of here so...
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 04:22:14 PM
Well, it's that magical time of day where I have to leave all of this behind and go home to wait for another chance to get back at it.  to facilitate the experience, I've selected an El Mas Chingon super churchill (reminds me of a Gurkha size wise).  Can't remember what was said about this one, but i'm giving it a try.  have a great evening all!
You expecting traffic for the ride home?
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 04:24:48 PM
Good Day Mr. Raz.
Morning, TD. How's the market this morning? Haven't had a chance to look.
Taking a breather as one would expect from yesterdays outburst.
It stopped taking a breather and decided to have a temper tantrum.  Yesterday has ceased to exist.

I guess it didn't like what it heard from Powell.
Not THAT bad....it would be pretty hard to erase all of yesterday.  Currently only giving back about 15%
Then again.  These days, not worth commenting before the final bell.
Well, I don't know about your portfolio, but in mine, yesterday no longer exists.
Still holding on to about a 20% gain from yesterday.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 04:25:44 PM
Decided on a Caldwell The T toro for after work. I believe this one was courtesy of Mr.  Fischer.
I think I will join Tony on that choice....ignoring the part about the Fish.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 27, 2018, 05:44:46 PM
Decided on a Caldwell The T toro for after work. I believe this one was courtesy of Mr.  Fischer.
So far, so great. Awesome burn and draw. Lots of cocoa and espresso notes.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180227/9cc4cb866932464c7a2ef06da384fdde.jpg)
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 27, 2018, 07:03:32 PM
Decided on a Caldwell The T toro for after work. I believe this one was courtesy of Mr.  Fischer.
Fine day to enjoy it.  Bring a good one for tomorrow too!
If I really like it, maybe I'll smoke the robusto you gave me tomorrow.
I'm curious, how can you smoke something he hasn't given you yet?  (you said he gave it to you tomorrow.  neat trick!)
sorry for that, but I am on the way out of here so...
Commas. Oops.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 07:57:01 PM
Can't speak to these, but here's the SBC deal:

Bespoke Cigars Has Arrived!
Just in Bespoke Cigars and to offer a intro to the brand we are offering 20% off for the next 24 hours! We also have created a special Bespoke sampler!

CODE: BESPOKE = 20% off + 5% in reward points off Bespoke Cigars!
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 09:35:33 PM
Mr. Bean must be working into the night....either that or he found a good bar.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 09:36:14 PM
Getting through page 7 is going to be as hard as getting off page 1.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 10:38:06 PM
Bueller?   Bueller?
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 27, 2018, 10:41:30 PM
Bueller?   Bueller?
I'm back.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 27, 2018, 10:43:19 PM
I went to see a friend perform at a dive bar on the lower east side. She is a good songwriter and her band is awesome.

Time to catch the bus home and find some dinner.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 27, 2018, 10:47:02 PM
I went to see a friend perform at a dive bar on the lower east side. She is a good songwriter and her band is awesome.

Time to catch the bus home and find some dinner.
Tabi is pretty impressive. We used to work together and both got laid off around the same time. She's a computer programmer.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180228/144c1c63a2b244f8843597772fdce60d.jpg)
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 11:33:31 PM
Good that you got a nice evening out.  You pre-make something for the kids?
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 11:34:22 PM
Bout time to wrap the evening, but not before getting to 8...
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 11:35:16 PM
Good travels home Tony...heck, why bother, just crash somewhere in the city for the night.
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 11:35:50 PM
As long as you get the flip.....'cause ultimately it's about us!
Title: Re: 2/27/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 27, 2018, 11:36:28 PM
On to page 8.