CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: 8/27/2014  (Read 40809 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 8/27/2014
« Reply #165 on: August 27, 2014, 11:21:53 AM »

OK, smoke down is done I guess just ordered 55 cigars and 3 cutters. There is a special for 2 "disposable quality" cutters free with $99 purchase so might as well get those for travel, etc.  Also the MF's had a cutter for $5 option so what the heck did that too.  Took off the New Worlds since they were dipsticks about that 20% off or was going to get 10 of those.
Best price on those New Worlds is Atlantic with VIP!
Anybody smoke one yet?
Sr. Wacky gave them a thumbs UP
What he said.

sfish

« Reply #166 on: August 27, 2014, 11:21:59 AM »

OK, smoke down is done I guess just ordered 55 cigars and 3 cutters. There is a special for 2 "disposable quality" cutters free with $99 purchase so might as well get those for travel, etc.  Also the MF's had a cutter for $5 option so what the heck did that too.  Took off the New Worlds since they were dipsticks about that 20% off or was going to get 10 of those.
Anybody smoke one yet?
That means a lot coming from him about an AJF product

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #167 on: August 27, 2014, 11:25:35 AM »

Anybody smoke one yet?
Gotta stick with what works! But agreed, lots of AJF fanboys here

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #168 on: August 27, 2014, 11:28:10 AM »

Anybody smoke one yet?
Seems like Dean tried one and liked it.  And where the hell is Dean he has not reported in yet after 6 hours on the road.  Hopefully we get a lunch time report at least.

sfish

« Reply #169 on: August 27, 2014, 11:29:08 AM »

Anybody smoke one yet?
Seems like Dean tried one and liked it.  And where the hell is Dean he has not reported in yet after 6 hours on the road.  Hopefully we get a lunch time report at least.
Who's this Dean character?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #170 on: August 27, 2014, 11:29:45 AM »

Anybody smoke one yet?
I am generally one but they usually require some months of aging to reach the outstanding level.  But after about 3 or 4 months the Fallen Angel's have shown little improvement to me.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #171 on: August 27, 2014, 11:30:56 AM »

Anybody smoke one yet?
Now appropriately re-named by Travellin Dave as  Travellin Dean.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #172 on: August 27, 2014, 11:32:34 AM »

Anybody smoke one yet?
I like that...he is in need of a new name.

sfish

« Reply #173 on: August 27, 2014, 11:36:57 AM »

Anybody smoke one yet?
Yeah but that one will only last a day and a half

sfish

« Reply #174 on: August 27, 2014, 11:38:32 AM »

Morning, Gents. I see everyone is finding creative ways to utilize the 20% off coupon. The 15pk mowpa is even cheaper than the Jam 10pk this way. Training is paying off. =)
Mornin sir! I should have used it on the papas I had saved! I guess I still could...the Little Devils are a good deal too!
How do the Little Devils compare to the MoWPA's? Never smoked a LD, have one but didn't try it yet
I found them pretty similar.  Been quite a while since I've compared...may be worth revisiting.
By that rationale the MoWPA's are a better deal

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #175 on: August 27, 2014, 11:39:42 AM »

Anybody smoke one yet?
I am highly confident that we will find a great name by then based on the Travel Tales of Dean and/or the New Landlord and Trailer.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #176 on: August 27, 2014, 11:41:02 AM »

Morning, Gents. I see everyone is finding creative ways to utilize the 20% off coupon. The 15pk mowpa is even cheaper than the Jam 10pk this way. Training is paying off. =)
Mornin sir! I should have used it on the papas I had saved! I guess I still could...the Little Devils are a good deal too!
How do the Little Devils compare to the MoWPA's? Never smoked a LD, have one but didn't try it yet
I found them pretty similar.  Been quite a while since I've compared...may be worth revisiting.
I don't think the MOW PAs rest/age well, IMO...they get bland, whereas the LDs stay more constant.  Or at least that was my finding.

sfish

« Reply #177 on: August 27, 2014, 11:44:58 AM »

Anybody smoke one yet?
I am highly confident that we will find a great name by then based on the Travel Tales of Dean and/or the New Landlord and Trailer.
Are you sure he'll tell us? He's pretty tight-lipped  :D

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #178 on: August 27, 2014, 11:48:13 AM »

Okay... Famous isn't making this any easier.

Option 1, CI = $58.40, 15 mowpa + 5 mowsp/ld

Option 2, Monster = $58.89, 10 NR's + 5 4Kicks cg

Unfortunately, can't be both.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #179 on: August 27, 2014, 11:48:23 AM »

I don't think the MOW PAs rest/age well, IMO...they get bland, whereas the LDs stay more constant.  Or at least that was my finding.
Purchased some PA's today but have never tried them.   I have mostly had Ruinations which rest just fine but they are also pretty good a few weeks off the truck.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21