Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

  • Administrator
3/23/2017
« on: March 23, 2017, 12:00:03 AM »

Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about?  Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 05:07:37 AM »

Morning Slackers.

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 05:54:45 AM »

Off to work time.

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 06:30:42 AM »

Good morning boys, looks like my wallet is safe yet again

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 06:56:55 AM »

Good morning boys, looks like my wallet is safe yet again
And has been for months.

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 06:57:06 AM »

Morning, all. Happy Little Friday.

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 06:58:59 AM »

Good morning boys, looks like my wallet is safe yet again
And has been for months.
Yeah, which is good for me but it's been a really long time since we've seen a deal.

Morning Dave

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 07:09:22 AM »

Good mooring, guys.

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 07:10:49 AM »

Good morning boys, looks like my wallet is safe yet again
And has been for months.
Building reserves.

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 07:13:24 AM »

Off to work time.
Thought you were off Fridays?

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 07:14:36 AM »

Morning CarolinaDave, OhioDave, PedalingFish and Mr. Mayor.

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 07:14:39 AM »

Off to work time.
Thought you were off Fridays?
It's Thursday. Man, this daylight saving time has still got you all messed up.

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 07:15:43 AM »

Home again, now gearing up for another birthday celebration weekend.

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2017, 07:16:28 AM »

Off to work time.
Thought you were off Fridays?
It's Thursday. Man, this daylight saving time has still got you all messed up.
Yea, no argument there.

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2017, 07:17:53 AM »

Today is Thursday, March 23, the 82nd day of 2017. There are 283 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On March 23, 1792, Joseph Haydn's Symphony No. 94 in G Major (known as the "Surprise" symphony because of an unexpected crashing chord in the second movement) had its first public performance in London.

On this date:

In 1775, Patrick Henry delivered an address to the Virginia Provincial Convention in which he is said to have declared, "Give me liberty, or give me death!"

In 1806, explorers Meriwether Lewis and William Clark, having reached the Pacific coast, began their journey back east.

In 1914, the first installment of "The Perils of Pauline," the legendary silent film serial starring Pearl White, premiered in the greater New York City area.

In 1933, the German Reichstag adopted the Enabling Act, which effectively granted Adolf Hitler dictatorial powers.

In 1942, the first Japanese-Americans evacuated by the U.S. Army during World War II arrived at the internment camp in Manzanar, California.

In 1956, Pakistan became an Islamic republic.

In 1965, America's first two-person space mission took place as Gemini 3 blasted off with astronauts Virgil I. Grissom and John W. Young aboard for a nearly 5-hour flight.

In 1973, before sentencing a group of Watergate break-in defendants, Chief U.S. District Judge John J. Sirica read aloud a letter he'd received from James W. McCord Jr. which said there was "political pressure" to "plead guilty and remain silent."

In 1983, President Ronald Reagan first proposed developing technology to intercept incoming enemy missiles - an idea that came to be known as the Strategic Defense Initiative. Dr. Barney Clark, recipient of a Jarvik permanent artificial heart, died at the University of Utah Medical Center after 112 days with the device.

In 1994, Aeroflot Flight 593, an Airbus A310, crashed in Siberia with the loss of all 75 people on board; it turned out that a pilot's teenage son who was allowed to sit at the controls had accidentally disengaged the autopilot, causing the jetliner to go out of control.

In 2001, Russia's orbiting Mir space station ended its 15-year odyssey with a planned fiery plunge into the South Pacific.

In 2011, Academy Award-winning actress Elizabeth Taylor died in Los Angeles at age 79.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13