CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on November 21, 2018, 12:00:46 AM

Title: 11/21/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on November 21, 2018, 12:00:46 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 04:39:54 AM
it's Golf Day!!
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 04:45:26 AM
https://halfwheel.com/la-aurora-hors-dage-toro/285260
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 04:45:55 AM
https://halfwheel.com/drew-estate-creates-special-undercrown-shade-for-john-aylesbury/285274
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 04:46:41 AM
https://halfwheel.com/balmoral-anejo-xo-lancero-ft-returning/284744
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 04:47:08 AM
https://halfwheel.com/black-works-killer-bee-connecticut-heads-to-retailers/284781
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 04:47:35 AM
https://halfwheel.com/crux-limitada-pb5-2018-ships/285005
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 04:48:04 AM
https://halfwheel.com/gran-habano-los-tres-reyes-magos-returns-for-2018/284921
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 04:48:36 AM
https://halfwheel.com/new-herrera-esteli-lines-soft-launch-in-arizona-this-week/284865
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 04:49:10 AM
https://halfwheel.com/viaje-ships-2018-stuffed-turkey/284690
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 04:49:49 AM
https://halfwheel.com/viaje-ships-zombie-farmer-bill-hatchet-to-retailers/285158
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 04:50:52 AM
Deals From Our Sponsors

Atlantic Cigar Co. — Liga Privada T52 Corona ˇViva! (Box of 24, $262.50)
Cigars.com — Rocky Patel A.L.R. Robusto + Ashtray & Lighter (Box of 24, $234)
Corona Cigar Co. — The America No. 4 Pre-Order ($18)
Famous Smoke Shop — S.T.Dupont miniJet ($59.95)
JR Cigar — Monte-Romeo Sampler (Sampler of 10, $34.95)
Lighter USA — Colibri Quasar Cutter ($59)
Serious Cigars — Caldwell Iberian Express Sevillana Reserva Corona Gorda (Box of 25, $76.95)
Thompson Cigar — Macanudo Inspirado Black Robusto + 5-Pack & Backpack (Box of 20, $111.84)
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 05:06:38 AM
testicles
BY CAMERON PROBERT

CPROBERT@TRICITYHERALD.COM

November 20, 2018 12:49 PM

Kennewick, WA
A 57-year-old Kennewick man suffering from alcohol withdrawal cut off his testicles with a pocket knife, Kennewick police said.

A neighbor called officers around 11:40 a.m. Friday to report a man on a porch across the street on North Kent Place was cutting up an animal.

When police arrived, they found the man walking in the area with blood on his hands and pants.

He had wrapped up the body part in newspaper and left it in a nearby yard, said police.

Medics rushed the man and the severed organ to Trios Southridge Hospital, and mental health professionals also were notified.

It’s unclear how the man is doing now, but he was able to talk to police.

Addiction centers warn that trying to go through detox for alcohol use at home is risky, and in severe cases results in hallucination, anxiety and seizures, according to WebMD.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 05:13:57 AM
Marilyn Monroe’s iconic film “Some Like It Hot” (which in 2000 was named the greatest American comedy film of all time by the American Film Institute) originally was titled “Not Tonight, Josephine!”
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 05:14:27 AM
At one time the Catholic Church considered it sinful to eat a hot dog.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 05:16:18 AM
Richard Warren arrived in North America on the Mayflower in 1620. A few years later, his wife, Elizabeth, and their children joined him. Two more children were born in Massachusetts, bringing the total to seven. And that's where the story begins. The prolific Warren family produced generation after generation of prominent progeny who you might be surprised to learn are related (albeit distantly) to one another. Among the famous folks with Warren lineage: Amelia Earhart, Julia Child, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Taylor Swift and Sarah Palin.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 05:21:21 AM
Wednesday , November 21, 2018
Great leaders are never born that way. They create themselves through hard work and determination, a lifelong process of learning, self-assessment, and struggle.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2018, 06:25:10 AM
Wow. Good morning, Dean. Seems you've been busy.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 06:30:02 AM
Wow. Good morning, Dean. Seems you've been busy.
morning Tony. just making up for my absence while at golf and take up some slack from the slackers on Thanksgiving Eve.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2018, 06:46:33 AM
Wow. Good morning, Dean. Seems you've been busy.
morning Tony. just making up for my absence while at golf and take up some slack from the slackers on Thanksgiving Eve.
I'm at an early doctor's appointment. Didn't realize any of 'em started this early. It's a good thing too so I don't need to take more unpaid leave.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 07:13:10 AM
Wow. Good morning, Dean. Seems you've been busy.
morning Tony. just making up for my absence while at golf and take up some slack from the slackers on Thanksgiving Eve.
I'm at an early doctor's appointment. Didn't realize any of 'em started this early. It's a good thing too so I don't need to take more unpaid leave.
I can't get in any earlier than 8am for any of my doctors, but it leaves the rest of the day open.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2018, 07:19:04 AM
Wow. Good morning, Dean. Seems you've been busy.
morning Tony. just making up for my absence while at golf and take up some slack from the slackers on Thanksgiving Eve.
I'm at an early doctor's appointment. Didn't realize any of 'em started this early. It's a good thing too so I don't need to take more unpaid leave.
I can't get in any earlier than 8am for any of my doctors, but it leaves the rest of the day open.
I was shocked when I called yesterday and they told me they had a 6:45 appointment. With that said, I'm still waiting. Already paid though.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2018, 07:21:51 AM
[...]

That takes balls.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 07:25:50 AM
[...]

INDEED.

glad I wasn't THAT bad.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: Threebean on November 21, 2018, 07:27:04 AM
Good morning PWDean and TurnYourHeadAndCoughTony.  Light traffic coming in this morning, but it will be a far different story this afternoon.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 07:27:09 AM
Wow. Good morning, Dean. Seems you've been busy.
morning Tony. just making up for my absence while at golf and take up some slack from the slackers on Thanksgiving Eve.
I'm at an early doctor's appointment. Didn't realize any of 'em started this early. It's a good thing too so I don't need to take more unpaid leave.
I can't get in any earlier than 8am for any of my doctors, but it leaves the rest of the day open.
I was shocked when I called yesterday and they told me they had a 6:45 appointment. With that said, I'm still waiting. Already paid though.
write up a bill while you're waiting. your time is just as important as the doctor's.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 07:30:26 AM
Good morning PWDean and TurnYourHeadAndCoughTony.  Light traffic coming in this morning, but it will be a far different story this afternoon.
good morning Mark.
I was asked what I was doing tomorrow and if I would drive to the Orlando airport to pick up a relative of theirs. I said "fuck no, who the hell is dumb enough to fly in on Thanksgiving?" their responce was basically the same as mine and may have him pay a cab.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2018, 07:39:50 AM
it's Golf Day!!

Feeling better?
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: Threebean on November 21, 2018, 07:40:15 AM
Good morning PWDean and TurnYourHeadAndCoughTony.  Light traffic coming in this morning, but it will be a far different story this afternoon.
good morning Mark.
I was asked what I was doing tomorrow and if I would drive to the Orlando airport to pick up a relative of theirs. I said "fuck no, who the hell is dumb enough to fly in on Thanksgiving?" their response was basically the same as mine and may have him pay a cab.
The only thing dumber is flying in the day before Thanksgiving.  I have a friend who works for SWA in San Antonio, and he says it's the busiest day of the year.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 07:41:19 AM
it's Golf Day!!

Feeling better?
not really, but if all else fails I ride in a golf cart and smoke cigars. win win.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 07:42:52 AM
good morning Dave.
so, what's this new business venture of yours or is it 'need to know' and I don't need to know?
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2018, 07:45:14 AM
Morning Dean, Tony and Mr. Bean.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 07:45:35 AM
Good morning PWDean and TurnYourHeadAndCoughTony.  Light traffic coming in this morning, but it will be a far different story this afternoon.
good morning Mark.
I was asked what I was doing tomorrow and if I would drive to the Orlando airport to pick up a relative of theirs. I said "fuck no, who the hell is dumb enough to fly in on Thanksgiving?" their response was basically the same as mine and may have him pay a cab.
The only thing dumber is flying in the day before Thanksgiving.  I have a friend who works for SWA in San Antonio, and he says it's the busiest day of the year.
Orlando airport is almost a 3 hour drive from my house and they want me to spend my day picking up someone I don't even know!
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: sfish on November 21, 2018, 07:50:00 AM
Good morning boys
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 08:04:23 AM
Good morning boys
I guess.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: Threebean on November 21, 2018, 08:09:24 AM
Good morning PWDean and TurnYourHeadAndCoughTony.  Light traffic coming in this morning, but it will be a far different story this afternoon.
good morning Mark.
I was asked what I was doing tomorrow and if I would drive to the Orlando airport to pick up a relative of theirs. I said "fuck no, who the hell is dumb enough to fly in on Thanksgiving?" their response was basically the same as mine and may have him pay a cab.
The only thing dumber is flying in the day before Thanksgiving.  I have a friend who works for SWA in San Antonio, and he says it's the busiest day of the year.
Orlando airport is almost a 3 hour drive from my house and they want me to spend my day picking up someone I don't even know!
How very deadbeatish of them.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 08:11:55 AM
Good morning PWDean and TurnYourHeadAndCoughTony.  Light traffic coming in this morning, but it will be a far different story this afternoon.
good morning Mark.
I was asked what I was doing tomorrow and if I would drive to the Orlando airport to pick up a relative of theirs. I said "fuck no, who the hell is dumb enough to fly in on Thanksgiving?" their response was basically the same as mine and may have him pay a cab.
The only thing dumber is flying in the day before Thanksgiving.  I have a friend who works for SWA in San Antonio, and he says it's the busiest day of the year.
Orlando airport is almost a 3 hour drive from my house and they want me to spend my day picking up someone I don't even know!
How very deadbeatish of them.
I must have a target on my back.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: Threebean on November 21, 2018, 08:13:03 AM
Good morning boys
Good morning, ChipFish. That kitchen ready to pump out its first Thanksgiving meal?
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2018, 08:18:04 AM
Good morning Mark, Dave (no need to specify), and Scott.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2018, 08:25:33 AM
Good morning PWDean and TurnYourHeadAndCoughTony.  Light traffic coming in this morning, but it will be a far different story this afternoon.
Finally on my way in. Sheesh. Hoping traffic won't be too bad.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 08:50:32 AM
Good morning PWDean and TurnYourHeadAndCoughTony.  Light traffic coming in this morning, but it will be a far different story this afternoon.
Finally on my way in. Sheesh. Hoping traffic won't be too bad.
so much for the 6:45am appointment.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: sfish on November 21, 2018, 08:54:16 AM
Good morning boys
Good morning, ChipFish. That kitchen ready to pump out its first Thanksgiving meal?
Yes but we don't host until X-mas Eve. Minor trims and final spackle left before painter the week of Dec 10
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2018, 08:55:39 AM
Good morning PWDean and TurnYourHeadAndCoughTony.  Light traffic coming in this morning, but it will be a far different story this afternoon.
Finally on my way in. Sheesh. Hoping traffic won't be too bad.
so much for the 6:45am appointment.
I'm back in Manhattan before 9? I call that a win.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: sfish on November 21, 2018, 09:25:40 AM
Good morning PWDean and TurnYourHeadAndCoughTony.  Light traffic coming in this morning, but it will be a far different story this afternoon.
Finally on my way in. Sheesh. Hoping traffic won't be too bad.
so much for the 6:45am appointment.
I'm back in Manhattan before 9? I call that a win.
I'm sure Manhattan is also happy
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2018, 09:46:45 AM
Good morning PWDean and TurnYourHeadAndCoughTony.  Light traffic coming in this morning, but it will be a far different story this afternoon.
Finally on my way in. Sheesh. Hoping traffic won't be too bad.
so much for the 6:45am appointment.
I'm back in Manhattan before 9? I call that a win.
I'm sure Manhattan is also happy
It smells better here now, thanks to me.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2018, 09:47:59 AM
Haven't had coffee yet. Sheesh on me.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: Threebean on November 21, 2018, 10:21:31 AM
Haven't had coffee yet. Sheesh on me.
I need cup #2 here.  Wouldn't mind firing up a stick with it, but will have to wait until a few people leave.  Sheesh on me.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: Threebean on November 21, 2018, 10:22:33 AM
Good morning PWDean and TurnYourHeadAndCoughTony.  Light traffic coming in this morning, but it will be a far different story this afternoon.
Finally on my way in. Sheesh. Hoping traffic won't be too bad.
so much for the 6:45am appointment.
I'm back in Manhattan before 9? I call that a win.
I'm sure Manhattan is also happy
It smells better here now, thanks to me.
Travel size Poopourri?  Smart.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 10:25:22 AM
it's that time.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2018, 10:46:51 AM
it's that time.

Hit 'em straight!
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: Threebean on November 21, 2018, 10:50:18 AM
it's that time.

Hit 'em straight!
(http://golf.swingbyswing.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Judge_Smails_Caddyshack1b.gif)
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: Threebean on November 21, 2018, 11:23:48 AM
Haven't seen Ovals this low in a while.  Not cheapy cheapo, but about as good as it gets without trying the auction sites.
https://www.holts.com/specials/black-friday-cigar-deals/san-lotano-oval-robusto.html (https://www.holts.com/specials/black-friday-cigar-deals/san-lotano-oval-robusto.html)
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2018, 11:48:29 AM
Haven't seen Ovals this low in a while.  Not cheapy cheapo, but about as good as it gets without trying the auction sites.
https://www.holts.com/specials/black-friday-cigar-deals/san-lotano-oval-robusto.html (https://www.holts.com/specials/black-friday-cigar-deals/san-lotano-oval-robusto.html)
Not too shabby, indeed. I like the robusto.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on November 21, 2018, 11:50:49 AM
Haven't seen Ovals this low in a while.  Not cheapy cheapo, but about as good as it gets without trying the auction sites.
https://www.holts.com/specials/black-friday-cigar-deals/san-lotano-oval-robusto.html (https://www.holts.com/specials/black-friday-cigar-deals/san-lotano-oval-robusto.html)
Cigar prices have gone through the roof over the past 6 months and even decent deals are almost non-existent.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2018, 12:18:26 PM
Haven't seen Ovals this low in a while.  Not cheapy cheapo, but about as good as it gets without trying the auction sites.
https://www.holts.com/specials/black-friday-cigar-deals/san-lotano-oval-robusto.html (https://www.holts.com/specials/black-friday-cigar-deals/san-lotano-oval-robusto.html)
Cigar prices have gone through the roof over the past 6 months and even decent deals are almost non-existent.
Howdy, SCTex. Very true. That's probably why I haven't been buying.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2018, 12:30:41 PM
Haven't seen Ovals this low in a while.  Not cheapy cheapo, but about as good as it gets without trying the auction sites.
https://www.holts.com/specials/black-friday-cigar-deals/san-lotano-oval-robusto.html (https://www.holts.com/specials/black-friday-cigar-deals/san-lotano-oval-robusto.html)
Cigar prices have gone through the roof over the past 6 months and even decent deals are almost non-existent.
I think we have lived through the true discount phase and will forever be disappointed if we compare to those prices.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2018, 12:31:21 PM
Good Day TexDave.
Gettin' to be Chicken Kickin' time.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 21, 2018, 12:33:21 PM
good morning Dave.
so, what's this new business venture of yours or is it 'need to know' and I don't need to know?
Not so much a business venture and formalization of doing some consulting work.  Need to establish an LLC, get insurance etc. to CMA just in case.  Found out yesterday that I would be able to write off my purchased healthcare insurance as a businisess coverage.  Win!
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2018, 01:02:08 PM
good morning Dave.
so, what's this new business venture of yours or is it 'need to know' and I don't need to know?
Not so much a business venture and formalization of doing some consulting work.  Need to establish an LLC, get insurance etc. to CMA just in case.  Found out yesterday that I would be able to write off my purchased healthcare insurance as a businisess coverage.  Win!
The write-offs are good. Thanks, Trump.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: Threebean on November 21, 2018, 01:09:25 PM
good morning Dave.
so, what's this new business venture of yours or is it 'need to know' and I don't need to know?
Not so much a business venture and formalization of doing some consulting work.  Need to establish an LLC, get insurance etc. to CMA just in case.  Found out yesterday that I would be able to write off my purchased healthcare insurance as a businisess coverage.  Win!
The write-offs are good. Thanks, Trump.
Dems are already planning tax increases, so get them while you can.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: sfish on November 21, 2018, 01:56:01 PM
Haven't seen Ovals this low in a while.  Not cheapy cheapo, but about as good as it gets without trying the auction sites.
https://www.holts.com/specials/black-friday-cigar-deals/san-lotano-oval-robusto.html (https://www.holts.com/specials/black-friday-cigar-deals/san-lotano-oval-robusto.html)
Not too shabby, indeed. I like the robusto.
Good price on the Norteno Coronitos as well
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2018, 04:35:47 PM
Haven't seen Ovals this low in a while.  Not cheapy cheapo, but about as good as it gets without trying the auction sites.
https://www.holts.com/specials/black-friday-cigar-deals/san-lotano-oval-robusto.html (https://www.holts.com/specials/black-friday-cigar-deals/san-lotano-oval-robusto.html)
Not too shabby, indeed. I like the robusto.
Good price on the Norteno Coronitos as well
I never went that far. Once I saw $5.47 for a Short Story, I gave up.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2018, 04:50:05 PM
$3 for The Griffins Nicaragua might be a good deal too. Haven't tried the cigar but have every reason to believe it would be decent. Except for the fact that I generally do not like Davidoffs.

https://www.holts.com/specials/black-friday-cigar-deals/the-griffin-s-nicaragua-short-torpedo-units.html
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2018, 05:58:10 PM
Got in late, took a long lunch, and left early. Ain't that America?
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: Threebean on November 21, 2018, 06:01:45 PM
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and are able to enjoy an after dinner cigar or two.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: Threebean on November 21, 2018, 06:02:33 PM
Got in late, took a long lunch, and left early. Ain't that America?
No, but sounds like some France has rubbed off on you.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 06:03:20 PM
good morning Dave.
so, what's this new business venture of yours or is it 'need to know' and I don't need to know?
Not so much a business venture and formalization of doing some consulting work.  Need to establish an LLC, get insurance etc. to CMA just in case.  Found out yesterday that I would be able to write off my purchased healthcare insurance as a businisess coverage.  Win!
sounds interesting. thanks.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 21, 2018, 06:04:52 PM
golf was fun. hurting now pretty good now though.
meatloaf and mashed taters for dinner, then early bed.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: Johnny on November 21, 2018, 07:11:51 PM
golf was fun. hurting now pretty good now though.
meatloaf and mashed taters for dinner, then early bed.
Meat Loaf and lumpy mashed taters, don't get much better than that!
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2018, 11:26:09 PM
golf was fun. hurting now pretty good now though.
meatloaf and mashed taters for dinner, then early bed.
Meat Loaf and lumpy mashed taters, don't get much better than that!
Hey, look who showed up. Been wondering if your password issues was ever resolved. Guess I can close that ticket.

Good to see you.
Title: Re: 11/21/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 21, 2018, 11:27:58 PM
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and are able to enjoy an after dinner cigar or two.
Thanks. Happy gobble gobble gobble day to you and yours.