Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 2000, Democratic presidential candidate Al Gore conceded to Republican George W. Bush, a day after the U.S. Supreme Court shut down further recounts in Florida.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 2003, Saddam Hussein was captured by U.S. forces while hiding in a hole under a farmhouse in Adwar, Iraq, near his hometown of Tikrit.

good morning Chip. 61° out. Oliva Connie robusto and coffee. a lay low day for me until early afternoon.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Ten years ago: Crips gang co-founder Stanley Tookie Williams, whose supporters argued had redeemed himself inside prison, was executed in California for killing four people in robberies. Iraqis living abroad began voting in the country's parliamentary elections. American Red Cross President Marsha Evans announced her resignation.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

good morning Chip. 61° out. Oliva Connie robusto and coffee. a lay low day for me until early afternoon.
Good morning Dean, just another work day for me.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Five years ago: President Barack Obama's historic health care overhaul hit its first major legal roadblock as a federal judge in Richmond, Virginia, declared that the law's central requirement that nearly all Americans carry insurance was unconstitutional. Veteran U.S. diplomat Richard Holbrooke, 69, died in Washington. A South Korean fishing boat sank near Antarctica, leaving 22 of the 42 crew members dead or missing.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

One year ago: Thousands of protesters marched in New York, Washington and other U.S. cities to call attention to the killing of unarmed black men by white police officers who faced no criminal charges. Congress cleared a $1.1 trillion spending bill for President Barack Obama's signature. Marcus Mariota won the Heisman Trophy, becoming the first Oregon player to earn the award. Bill Bonds, an iconic Detroit anchorman who'd also worked for ABC stations in New York and Los Angeles, died at age 82.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Today's Birthdays: Former Secretary of State George P. Shultz is 95. Actor-comedian Dick Van Dyke is 90. Actor Christopher Plummer is 86. Country singer Buck White is 85. Music/film producer Lou Adler is 82. Singer John Davidson is 74. Actress Kathy Garver (TV: "Family Affair") is 70. Singer Ted Nugent is 67. Rock musician Jeff "Skunk" Baxter is 67. Country musician Ron Getman is 67. Actor Robert Lindsay is 66. Country singer-musician Randy Owen is 66. Actress Wendie Malick is 65. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack is 65. Former Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke is 62. Country singer John Anderson is 61. Singer-songwriter Steve Forbert is 61. Singer-actor Morris Day is 59. Actor Steve Buscemi (boo-SEH'-mee) is 58. Actor Johnny Whitaker (TV: "Family Affair") is 56. Rock musician John Munson (Semisonic; Twilight Hours) is 53. Actress-reality TV star NeNe Leakes is 49. Actor-comedian Jamie Foxx is 48. Actor Bart Johnson is 45. TV personality Debbie Matenopoulos is 41. Rock singer-musician Thomas Delonge is 40. Actor James Kyson Lee is 40. Actress Chelsea Hertford is 34. Rock singer Amy Lee (Evanescence) is 34. Actor Michael Socha is 28. Country singer Taylor Swift is 26. Actress Maisy Stella is 12.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Thought for Today: "An orator without judgment is a horse without a bridle." — Theophrastus, Greek philosopher (c.371 BC - c.287 BC).

good morning Chip. 61° out. Oliva Connie robusto and coffee. a lay low day for me until early afternoon.
Good morning Dean, just another work day for me.
if it makes you feel any better Chip I may do a little yard work around here today.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Would You Get Married Again?
-------------------------

A husband and wife are sitting quietly in bed reading when the wife looks over at him and asks the question.

WIFE: "What would you do if I died? Would you get married again?"

HUSBAND: "Definitely not!"

WIFE: "Why not? Don't you like being married?"

HUSBAND: "Of course I do."

WIFE: "Then why wouldn't you remarry?"

HUSBAND: "Okay, okay, I'd get married again."

WIFE: "You would?" (with a hurt look)

HUSBAND: (makes audible groan)

WIFE: "Would you live in our house?"

HUSBAND: "Sure, it's a great house."

WIFE: "Would you sleep with her in our bed?"

HUSBAND: "Where else would we sleep?"

WIFE: "Would you let her drive my car?"

HUSBAND: "Probably, it is almost new."

WIFE: "Would you replace my pictures with hers?"

HUSBAND: "That would seem like the proper thing to do."

WIFE: "Would you give her my jewelry?"

HUSBAND: "No, I'm sure she'd want her own."

WIFE: "Would she use my golf clubs?"

HUSBAND: "No, she's left-handed."

WIFE: -- silence-

HUSBAND: "sh*t."

watching the Geninid meteor shower her, quite a nice little show. suppose to continue through Monday.

Good morning Dean and Chip

....off to work. See you in a bit.
Logged

LSUFAN