CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30

Author Topic: 6/19/2014  (Read 74393 times)

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/19/2014
« Reply #195 on: June 19, 2014, 01:15:12 PM »

Smoking a cheap ass Calle Ocho that a buddy gifted me. Not a bad lazy day smoke for a cheap ass cigar.
Fred is it any good ? .
Fred-Bob, if I remember it was pretty mild, and salty.
we still talking about CG87 sucking enough dick to get a green star?

sfish

« Reply #196 on: June 19, 2014, 01:15:15 PM »

Yeah, so not a lot of time this week, but managed to sneak a bid on the devil and the flier payed out... Box of Cuarenta 11/18's for $76. I thought that was pretty good.
Holy shit that was you? I was watching that bid, (25) in the box which helps

Ha. Yeah. I was hoping I wasn't driving the bid up on anyone here, but I had to keep watching once I set the max.

I'm still in for that split on the Namakubi's. Maybe we could work a trade. Just let me know.
Sounds good, I keep looking for a deal on them

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #197 on: June 19, 2014, 01:16:20 PM »

Gotta run. See ya'll later.

sfish

« Reply #198 on: June 19, 2014, 01:20:54 PM »

Kentucky Fire Cured Flying Pigs????........really?

http://halfwheel.com/kentucky-fired-cured-flying-pig-debuting-ipcpr-2014/61619
I saw that yesterday, still haven't had a KFC...other than the chicken...

I really like the KFC.  I think it's the "best" of the cigars with fire cured tobacco/latakia, it's most similar to the strength of flavors you get from latakia in pipe tobacco blends.  The Spectre and the Leccia Black have only the slightest hints of it, which leaves them oddly mild.  The KFC is in-your-face smokey and you'll feel like you've just spend three hours sitting over a campfire.  I can't smoke them all the time, and I don't think I could even handle more than the very smallest vitola they come in, so I don't think I'll be getting any of the Flying Pigs.  Tough cigar to recommend because it's SO outside of the norm, but if you want latakia/fire cured/smokey tobacco, that's the best example from the ones I've had (haven't had the George Rico that uses it), but I could see it being peoples' least favorite.
Sums it up well.  As the KFC is almost over the top for me, I just can't imagine a Pig vitola.

The 4x46 is what I've had.  It's tough to get through.  I can't imagine anything larger, the flavors are just too intense.  Something in between the Spectre and the KFC would be perfect.  Or maybe it's just best for pipes. 

Hard to talk about it without making it sound like a totally disgusting cigar.  It's not.  Booze analogy (I'll try, anyway):  I think of it like what I imagine a 25% ABV beer would taste like.  You'd get some massive flavors but the body would probably be a little too much to get through.  Definitely a bottle you'd want to split with someone else.
So if I bought one I'd have to split it with someone? Gross. I can certainly appreciate the beer analogy, feel that way about the Chocolate Yeti though I'm going to try it again this weekend though

glassken

« Reply #199 on: June 19, 2014, 01:21:30 PM »

Smoking a cheap ass Calle Ocho that a buddy gifted me. Not a bad lazy day smoke for a cheap ass cigar.
Fred is it any good ? .
HaHa! I knew somebody would catch that! But, really could not think of another word: briney? Oh, and thanks for the gifts, david/oyam18! Much appreciated.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #200 on: June 19, 2014, 01:23:57 PM »

Fred is it any good ? .
HaHa! I knew somebody would catch that! But, really could not think of another word: briney? Oh, and thanks for the gifts, david/oyam18! Much appreciated.
you guys are bad.... hello to one and all.  Avatars off today, so I might hang around.

glassken

« Reply #201 on: June 19, 2014, 01:25:10 PM »

howdy, flip.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #202 on: June 19, 2014, 01:25:58 PM »

Fred is it any good ? .
Sheesh...gone for lunch and lookie what happens! Fishing lures purchased, ready for the 4th!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #203 on: June 19, 2014, 01:27:10 PM »

Kentucky Fire Cured Flying Pigs????........really?

http://halfwheel.com/kentucky-fired-cured-flying-pig-debuting-ipcpr-2014/61619
I saw that yesterday, still haven't had a KFC...other than the chicken...

I really like the KFC.  I think it's the "best" of the cigars with fire cured tobacco/latakia, it's most similar to the strength of flavors you get from latakia in pipe tobacco blends.  The Spectre and the Leccia Black have only the slightest hints of it, which leaves them oddly mild.  The KFC is in-your-face smokey and you'll feel like you've just spend three hours sitting over a campfire.  I can't smoke them all the time, and I don't think I could even handle more than the very smallest vitola they come in, so I don't think I'll be getting any of the Flying Pigs.  Tough cigar to recommend because it's SO outside of the norm, but if you want latakia/fire cured/smokey tobacco, that's the best example from the ones I've had (haven't had the George Rico that uses it), but I could see it being peoples' least favorite.
Sums it up well.  As the KFC is almost over the top for me, I just can't imagine a Pig vitola.

The 4x46 is what I've had.  It's tough to get through.  I can't imagine anything larger, the flavors are just too intense.  Something in between the Spectre and the KFC would be perfect.  Or maybe it's just best for pipes. 

Hard to talk about it without making it sound like a totally disgusting cigar.  It's not.  Booze analogy (I'll try, anyway):  I think of it like what I imagine a 25% ABV beer would taste like.  You'd get some massive flavors but the body would probably be a little too much to get through.  Definitely a bottle you'd want to split with someone else.
So if I bought one I'd have to split it with someone? Gross. I can certainly appreciate the beer analogy, feel that way about the Chocolate Yeti though I'm going to try it again this weekend though

Think of it as a 12oz bottle of the Chocolate Yeti.  KFC is good, but a small vitola is more than enough.

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #204 on: June 19, 2014, 01:29:27 PM »

Fred is it any good ? .
not bad at all. Good draw and burn, one dimensional mild smoke. Reminds me of the EO 21. I think it would make a great handout and cheap too, 40 toros $53.

dogdays

« Reply #205 on: June 19, 2014, 01:34:33 PM »

Fred is it any good ? .
not bad at all. Good draw and burn, one dimensional mild smoke. Reminds me of the EO 21. I think it would make a great handout and cheap too, 40 toros $53.
Thank you for the info , Fred  :)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #206 on: June 19, 2014, 01:36:28 PM »

...Booze analogy (I'll try, anyway):  I think of it like what I imagine a 25% ABV beer would taste like.  You'd get some massive flavors but the body would probably be a little too much to get through.  Definitely a bottle you'd want to split with someone else.
http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/35/25759/

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #207 on: June 19, 2014, 01:38:24 PM »

Fred is it any good ? .
Thank you for the info , Fred  :)
Anytime,  dd.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #208 on: June 19, 2014, 01:47:07 PM »

Fred is it any good ? .
Enjoy Ken

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #209 on: June 19, 2014, 01:48:49 PM »

Fred is it any good ? .
Sheesh...gone for lunch and lookie what happens! Fishing lures purchased, ready for the 4th!
going for the small mouth bass?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30