Fred Bumpus

« Reply #180 on: June 19, 2014, 12:53:13 PM »

Wow! A nice package just came in the mail:
who from,  Ken?
My Rabbi!
he must like you if he saved your address!
Logged

glassken

« Reply #181 on: June 19, 2014, 12:55:22 PM »

Wow! A nice package just came in the mail:
who from,  Ken?
My Rabbi!
he must like you if he saved your address!
HaHa! I had just sent him a small package a week or two ago. He must have jotted it down then!
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #182 on: June 19, 2014, 12:57:45 PM »

Smoking a cheap ass Calle Ocho that a buddy gifted me. Not a bad lazy day smoke for a cheap ass cigar.

« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2014, 12:59:08 PM »

Kentucky Fire Cured Flying Pigs????........really?

http://halfwheel.com/kentucky-fired-cured-flying-pig-debuting-ipcpr-2014/61619
I saw that yesterday, still haven't had a KFC...other than the chicken...

I really like the KFC.  I think it's the "best" of the cigars with fire cured tobacco/latakia, it's most similar to the strength of flavors you get from latakia in pipe tobacco blends.  The Spectre and the Leccia Black have only the slightest hints of it, which leaves them oddly mild.  The KFC is in-your-face smokey and you'll feel like you've just spend three hours sitting over a campfire.  I can't smoke them all the time, and I don't think I could even handle more than the very smallest vitola they come in, so I don't think I'll be getting any of the Flying Pigs.  Tough cigar to recommend because it's SO outside of the norm, but if you want latakia/fire cured/smokey tobacco, that's the best example from the ones I've had (haven't had the George Rico that uses it), but I could see it being peoples' least favorite.
Sums it up well.  As the KFC is almost over the top for me, I just can't imagine a Pig vitola.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #184 on: June 19, 2014, 12:59:32 PM »

Smoking a cheap ass Calle Ocho that a buddy gifted me. Not a bad lazy day smoke for a cheap ass cigar.
I smoked a couple back in '09. Lounge Lizard sent them to me. I wonder how many of you ex-Joe banter guys remember him?
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/19/2014
« Reply #185 on: June 19, 2014, 12:59:50 PM »

I see Tony has been busy showing some post count favoritism... Even fuckin Deuce has 10000. Sheesh. ;)
Nah, Tony just responds to the request.  We are post-whores after all.

Ha. More messing with CG87... Deuce Littleblow. =)

« Reply #186 on: June 19, 2014, 01:02:48 PM »

Smoking a cheap ass Calle Ocho that a buddy gifted me. Not a bad lazy day smoke for a cheap ass cigar.
I smoked a couple back in '09. Lounge Lizard sent them to me. I wonder how many of you ex-Joe banter guys remember him?
I remember him.
Logged

dogdays

« Reply #187 on: June 19, 2014, 01:02:58 PM »

Smoking a cheap ass Calle Ocho that a buddy gifted me. Not a bad lazy day smoke for a cheap ass cigar.
Fred is it any good ? .

« Reply #188 on: June 19, 2014, 01:04:00 PM »

Wow, post 10,000...never thought I would get there.  Thanks Tony for letting me pull in the bullshit posts from CI-Joe Cigar, saved me a lot of PWing and ground to make up, and made me feel like a better person seeing that high post count.

GFY...everyone
Ohh yeah, no congratulations posts please.
Yea, you're still only a gold star.
I couldn't suck enough dick to get a green star  :P
You can try.  Just sayin'.

« Reply #189 on: June 19, 2014, 01:04:52 PM »

Yeah, so not a lot of time this week, but managed to sneak a bid on the devil and the flier payed out... Box of Cuarenta 11/18's for $76. I thought that was pretty good.
Holy shit that was you? I was watching that bid, (25) in the box which helps
Logged

dogdays

« Reply #190 on: June 19, 2014, 01:05:51 PM »

Wow, post 10,000...never thought I would get there.  Thanks Tony for letting me pull in the bullshit posts from CI-Joe Cigar, saved me a lot of PWing and ground to make up, and made me feel like a better person seeing that high post count.

GFY...everyone
Ohh yeah, no congratulations posts please.
Yea, you're still only a gold star.
I couldn't suck enough dick to get a green star  :P
You can try.  Just sayin'.
Now that was funny .
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/19/2014
« Reply #191 on: June 19, 2014, 01:05:52 PM »

Yeah, so not a lot of time this week, but managed to sneak a bid on the devil and the flier payed out... Box of Cuarenta 11/18's for $76. I thought that was pretty good.
Damn.  I'd have like to have seen that.  I'm very low on Cuarentas and CLE connies.  Gotta fix that soon.

Absolutely, Bret. Just kind of fell into my lap. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #192 on: June 19, 2014, 01:11:31 PM »

Smoking a cheap ass Calle Ocho that a buddy gifted me. Not a bad lazy day smoke for a cheap ass cigar.
Fred is it any good ? .
Fred-Bob, if I remember it was pretty mild, and salty.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/19/2014
« Reply #193 on: June 19, 2014, 01:13:38 PM »

Yeah, so not a lot of time this week, but managed to sneak a bid on the devil and the flier payed out... Box of Cuarenta 11/18's for $76. I thought that was pretty good.
Holy shit that was you? I was watching that bid, (25) in the box which helps

Ha. Yeah. I was hoping I wasn't driving the bid up on anyone here, but I had to keep watching once I set the max.

I'm still in for that split on the Namakubi's. Maybe we could work a trade. Just let me know.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #194 on: June 19, 2014, 01:13:53 PM »

[...]

The 4x46 is what I've had.  It's tough to get through.  I can't imagine anything larger, the flavors are just too intense.  Something in between the Spectre and the KFC would be perfect.  Or maybe it's just best for pipes.

Hard to talk about it without making it sound like a totally disgusting cigar.  It's not.  Booze analogy (I'll try, anyway):  I think of it like what I imagine a 25% ABV beer would taste like.  You'd get some massive flavors but the body would probably be a little too much to get through.  Definitely a bottle you'd want to split with someone else.