Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2022, 06:43:36 PM »

Went to buy the Wasabis, and for some reason, Ccom charges much more for the excise tax than other places. I thought maybe I was remembering incorrectly, but I went through the buy process for a sampler of the same price at the Page, and the tax there was more than 40% cheaper. Can't imagine why that would be. Oh well.
And now, the Page won't stop emailing me about "something you left in the cart." Yeesh.
They just want to make sure. Better safe than sorry.
It smacks of desperation. Especially the second email in an hour.

« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2022, 08:05:55 PM »

Hey Dave, good minds think alike.

« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2022, 08:09:40 PM »

Went to buy the Wasabis, and for some reason, Ccom charges much more for the excise tax than other places. I thought maybe I was remembering incorrectly, but I went through the buy process for a sampler of the same price at the Page, and the tax there was more than 40% cheaper. Can't imagine why that would be. Oh well.
And neither of them hold a candle to the Place, who doesn't charge the tax at all.
Must be because you're in ohio? I'm paying roughly $0.09 on the dollar. Here in New York at the b&ms get charged going in the door and out the door.

« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2022, 08:11:02 PM »

9 cents on the dollar when I buy online when I buy local much much more.

« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2022, 08:42:17 PM »

Went to buy the Wasabis, and for some reason, Ccom charges much more for the excise tax than other places. I thought maybe I was remembering incorrectly, but I went through the buy process for a sampler of the same price at the Page, and the tax there was more than 40% cheaper. Can't imagine why that would be. Oh well.
And neither of them hold a candle to the Place, who doesn't charge the tax at all.
Must be because you're in ohio? I'm paying roughly $0.09 on the dollar. Here in New York at the b&ms get charged going in the door and out the door.
Yeah, Ohio definitely has the excise tax, so it being there isn't a surprise. The surprise is why it's so much more at Ccom for cigars that cost the same at the Page.

« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2022, 09:14:09 PM »

La Palina Classic

Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]