Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

  • Administrator
4/21/2020
« on: April 21, 2020, 01:19:41 AM »

Happy Tuesday! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 05:35:37 AM »

Good morning. Rain turning into snow today. High winds. I had to take the grill in from outside. I hope most of you get outta your PJs

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 06:09:12 AM »

Good morning. Rain turning into snow today. High winds. I had to take the grill in from outside. I hope most of you get outta your PJs
I think I have to pick up some scripts for the wife today, so that will be 2 days in a row where I put on regular pants. Morning, Rick, and the rest of you 2fers.

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 07:09:07 AM »

Good morning, Rick and Dave.

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 07:12:35 AM »

Good morning. Rain turning into snow today. High winds. I had to take the grill in from outside. I hope most of you get outta your PJs
My only shortcut was not shaving today. I have a number of meetings where I'm certain someone will not be content if we don't turn on the webcams.

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 07:24:07 AM »

Good morning Tony and Dave. At least we know who wears the pants.

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 07:28:44 AM »

Good morning. Rain turning into snow today. High winds. I had to take the grill in from outside. I hope most of you get outta your PJs
My only shortcut was not shaving today. I have a number of meetings where I'm certain someone will not be content if we don't turn on the webcams.
I'm going for the quarantine beard right now. And seeing as I've got over a month still to go, minimum, should be pretty great by then.

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 07:29:52 AM »

Oh, and they officially put the kibosh on the kids going back to school this year here. Which is good, because putting all those kids back together is just what we would've needed to set us back from all the progress we've made against this thing.

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2020, 07:35:06 AM »

Good morning Tony and Dave. At least we know who wears the pants.
Was there ever a question?

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2020, 07:38:39 AM »

Morning SnowjobRick, ScruftyTony and LumberjackDave.

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2020, 07:42:11 AM »

Good morning Tony and Dave. At least we know who wears the pants.
Was there ever a question?
No, I'll hold the Wife's purse. Good morning Clemson Dave.

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2020, 07:55:31 AM »

Good morning boys, back at work today. Took the day off yesterday and went fishing with Andy and my son (after school work). Beautiful day with a couple smokes

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2020, 07:55:56 AM »

Good morning boys, back at work today. Took the day off yesterday and went fishing with Andy and my son (after school work). Beautiful day with a couple smokes
Very nice. Did he bring any smokes of his own?

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2020, 07:56:13 AM »

Good morning Tony and Dave. At least we know who wears the pants.
Was there ever a question?
No, I'll hold the Wife's purse. Good morning Clemson Dave.
That's good, we need someone to take over purse duty since cb doesn't show up much anymore.

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2020, 08:00:48 AM »

Today is Tuesday, April 21, the 112th day of 2020. There are 254 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On April 21, 1976, clinical trials of the swine flu vaccine began in Washington, D.C.

On this date:
In 1509, England’s King Henry VII died; he was succeeded by his 17-year-old son, Henry VIII.
In 1789, John Adams was sworn in as the first vice president of the United States.
In 1816, Charlotte Bronte, author of “Jane Eyre,” was born in Thornton, England.
In 1836, an army of Texans led by Sam Houston defeated the Mexicans at San Jacinto, assuring Texas independence.
In 1910, author Samuel Langhorne Clemens, better known as Mark Twain, died in Redding, Connecticut, at age 74.

In 1918, Manfred von Richthofen, 25, the German ace known as the “Red Baron” who was believed to have downed 80 enemy aircraft during World War I, was himself shot down and killed while in action over France.
In 1926, Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II was born in Mayfair, London; she was the first child of The Duke and Duchess of York, who later became King George VI and the Queen Mother.

In 1930, fire broke out inside the overcrowded Ohio Penitentiary in Columbus, killing 332 inmates.
In 1975, with Communist forces closing in, South Vietnamese President Nguyen Van Thieu resigned after nearly 10 years in office and fled the country.
In 1989, the baseball fantasy “Field of Dreams,” starring Kevin Costner, was released by Universal Pictures.

In 2009, the sole survivor of a pirate attack on an American cargo ship off the Somali coast, on which Captain Richard Phillips was held for ransom, was charged as an adult with piracy in federal court in New York. (A prosecutor said Abdiwali Abdiqadir Muse (AHB’-dih-wah-lee AHB’-dih-kah-dir moo-SAY’) had given wildly varying ages for himself before finally admitting he was 18. Muse later pleaded guilty to hijacking, kidnapping and hostage-taking and was sentenced to more than 33 years in prison.)
In 2016, Prince, one of the most inventive and influential musicians of modern times, was found dead at his home in suburban Minneapolis; he was 57.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5