CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on March 08, 2016, 12:00:16 AM

Title: 3/8/2016
Post by: CigarBanter on March 08, 2016, 12:00:16 AM
It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: bluecollar on March 08, 2016, 12:52:38 AM
Chip, our thoughts are with you.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 08, 2016, 01:18:44 AM
Chip, our thoughts are with you.
Very cute. And +1 on the sentiment.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: bluecollar on March 08, 2016, 05:28:44 AM
You all need to get up and go to work or something or I'm gonna start making fudge with the pan I use to fry chicken wings in ROTFLMAO. Now who fry's chicken wings in a pan? You must not be from Buffalo.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: sfish on March 08, 2016, 06:18:58 AM
You all need to get up and go to work or something or I'm gonna start making fudge with the pan I use to fry chicken wings in ROTFLMAO. Now who fry's chicken wings in a pan? You must not be from Buffalo.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday Rick, someone needs to buy him a deep fryer
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: bluecollar on March 08, 2016, 06:19:54 AM
Gonna fire up a smoke from home. Check in a bit sleepy heads  :P
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: bluecollar on March 08, 2016, 06:21:07 AM
You all need to get up and go to work or something or I'm gonna start making fudge with the pan I use to fry chicken wings in ROTFLMAO. Now who fry's chicken wings in a pan? You must not be from Buffalo.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday Rick, someone needs to buy him a deep fryer
lol Scott, I'll catch you in a bit.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: sfish on March 08, 2016, 08:12:06 AM
Sheesh and a half!
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 08:20:39 AM
You all need to get up and go to work or something or I'm gonna start making fudge with the pan I use to fry chicken wings in ROTFLMAO. Now who fry's chicken wings in a pan? You must not be from Buffalo.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday Rick, someone needs to buy him a deep fryer
Then she'll put fudge in it....
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 08:21:21 AM
Morning CatchingUpRick, EarlyRiserTony and UpAndAtemFish.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 08:24:06 AM
For her birthday or Christmas, BD should get her a nice copper kettle to do her fudge in properly.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 08, 2016, 08:39:02 AM
Good morning BC, Tony, Fish & Dave.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: CigarGuy87 on March 08, 2016, 08:39:50 AM
Good morning BC, Tony, Fish & Dave.
Gmornin gents
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: sfish on March 08, 2016, 08:47:34 AM
For her birthday or Christmas, BD should get her a nice copper kettle to do her fudge in properly.
Fudge and chicken wings in the same pan...doesn't seem like anything's happening properly over there. Morning San Diego Dave
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 08:48:10 AM
Morning Sam and YellowStar.  Things moving a little slow around these parts this morning.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 08:49:26 AM
For her birthday or Christmas, BD should get her a nice copper kettle to do her fudge in properly.
Fudge and chicken wings in the same pan...doesn't seem like anything's happening properly over there. Morning San Diego Dave
The toaster oven is just fine.  Didn't even know they had pots and pans.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: CigarGuy87 on March 08, 2016, 08:54:01 AM
Morning Sam and YellowStar.  Things moving a little slow around these parts this morning.
Good mornin Dave - where abouts have you been travelin lately?
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: bluecollar on March 08, 2016, 08:55:19 AM
Good morning laughing my butt off over the last couple of posts
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: bluecollar on March 08, 2016, 08:56:14 AM
Haunted bookshop in my savinelli Canadian billiard with decaf coffee
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 08, 2016, 08:56:43 AM
For her birthday or Christmas, BD should get her a nice copper kettle to do her fudge in properly.
Fudge and chicken wings in the same pan...doesn't seem like anything's happening properly over there. Morning San Diego Dave
i normally put a mixture of Frank's Red hot sauce and melted butter on my wings,  I will dip them in blue cheese dressing, but not fudge, no can't see wings and fudge going over well.  Good morning boys.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 09:01:47 AM
Morning Sam and YellowStar.  Things moving a little slow around these parts this morning.
Good mornin Dave - where abouts have you been travelin lately?
In San Diego this week.  Looking to meet up with JWacky on Wednesday.
Quick turnaround, heading to France next week.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 08, 2016, 09:03:03 AM
Got me an $86 dollar order over at cigarbid. high shipping priced items: two 20 ct mazo's of Villiager cigars, 5 Vegas boardroom ashtray, two black Ice pie jars, one humicare rectangle humidifier, 5 pack of MOW SP 52C's, and some other items.  having free shipping, keeps the order at $86, not over a $100.  8)
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 09:03:32 AM
For her birthday or Christmas, BD should get her a nice copper kettle to do her fudge in properly.
Fudge and chicken wings in the same pan...doesn't seem like anything's happening properly over there. Morning San Diego Dave
i normally put a mixture of Frank's Red hot sauce and melted butter on my wings,  I will dip them in blue cheese dressing, but not fudge, no can't see wings and fudge going over well.  Good morning boys.
Wonder what gets made more often there, the chicken or the fudge...
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: CigarGuy87 on March 08, 2016, 09:03:46 AM
Morning Sam and YellowStar.  Things moving a little slow around these parts this morning.
Good mornin Dave - where abouts have you been travelin lately?
In San Diego this week.  Looking to meet up with JWacky on Wednesday.
Quick turnaround, heading to France next week.
NICE!  Business in France?  I need to get a new job!
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 09:05:01 AM
Got me an $86 dollar order over at cigarbid. high shipping priced items: two 20 ct mazo's of Villiager cigars, 5 Vegas boardroom ashtray, two black Ice pie jars, one humicare rectangle humidifier, 5 pack of MOW SP 52C's, and some other items.  having free shipping, keeps the order at $86, not over a $100.  8)
Morning Flip.  You ever used the black ice before?  I'm truly amazed at how much that stuff expands.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 09:05:40 AM
Morning Sam and YellowStar.  Things moving a little slow around these parts this morning.
Good mornin Dave - where abouts have you been travelin lately?
In San Diego this week.  Looking to meet up with JWacky on Wednesday.
Quick turnaround, heading to France next week.
NICE!  Business in France?  I need to get a new job!
Actually I am going to Nice.... ;)
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 09:05:56 AM
Morning all.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 09:07:31 AM
Another shitstorm start today.

@ Travellin Dave - I may be going to NY tomorrow (Manhattan, financial district/Washington Square), what would be the preferred airport to use?
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 08, 2016, 09:12:32 AM
For her birthday or Christmas, BD should get her a nice copper kettle to do her fudge in properly.
Here's looking up your ol' double boiler.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: CigarGuy87 on March 08, 2016, 09:14:01 AM
Morning Sam and YellowStar.  Things moving a little slow around these parts this morning.
Good mornin Dave - where abouts have you been travelin lately?
In San Diego this week.  Looking to meet up with JWacky on Wednesday.
Quick turnaround, heading to France next week.
NICE!  Business in France?  I need to get a new job!
Actually I am going to Nice.... ;)
;D ;D
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 08, 2016, 09:14:25 AM
Got me an $86 dollar order over at cigarbid. high shipping priced items: two 20 ct mazo's of Villiager cigars, 5 Vegas boardroom ashtray, two black Ice pie jars, one humicare rectangle humidifier, 5 pack of MOW SP 52C's, and some other items.  having free shipping, keeps the order at $86, not over a $100.  8)
Morning Flip.  You ever used the black ice before?  I'm truly amazed at how much that stuff expands.
this is my third buy, When i got the first jar, i wanted to immediately call customer service to let them know they  Seriously shortchanged me in filling up the jars.  what those few dried up scraps, isn't going to fill this jar, when I add water.  I was wrong.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: CigarGuy87 on March 08, 2016, 09:14:25 AM
Morning all.
GMornin AlmostRetiredbutnotquiteyetTex
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 08, 2016, 09:15:12 AM
Morning Sam and YellowStar.  Things moving a little slow around these parts this morning.
Good mornin Dave - where abouts have you been travelin lately?
In San Diego this week.  Looking to meet up with JWacky on Wednesday.
Quick turnaround, heading to France next week.
NICE!  Business in France?  I need to get a new job!
Actually I am going to Nice.... ;)
;D ;D
nice....
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 08, 2016, 09:18:01 AM
Haunted bookshop in my savinelli Canadian billiard with decaf coffee
The dreaded PIPE talk.  Morning Leo's dad.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 08, 2016, 09:18:53 AM
Morning Sam and YellowStar.  Things moving a little slow around these parts this morning.
Good mornin Dave - where abouts have you been travelin lately?
In San Diego this week.  Looking to meet up with JWacky on Wednesday.
Quick turnaround, heading to France next week.
NICE!  Business in France?  I need to get a new job!
Actually I am going to Nice.... ;)
;D ;D
nice....
Niece.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 08, 2016, 09:26:56 AM
Good morning BC, Tony, Fish & Dave.
Gmornin gents
Mornin' Shaun.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 08, 2016, 09:28:17 AM
For her birthday or Christmas, BD should get her a nice copper kettle to do her fudge in properly.
Fudge and chicken wings in the same pan...doesn't seem like anything's happening properly over there. Morning San Diego Dave
i normally put a mixture of Frank's Red hot sauce and melted butter on my wings,  I will dip them in blue cheese dressing, but not fudge, no can't see wings and fudge going over well.  Good morning boys.
Good morning Flip.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 08, 2016, 09:29:03 AM
Morning all.
Good morning TR.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 08, 2016, 09:29:43 AM
For her birthday or Christmas, BD should get her a nice copper kettle to do her fudge in properly.
Here's looking up you ol' double boiler.
Good morning CB.  Hope you are finally feeling better to enjoy some of the nice weather headed our way.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 09:32:09 AM
Another shitstorm start today.

@ Travellin Dave - I may be going to NY tomorrow (Manhattan, financial district/Washington Square), what would be the preferred airport to use?
I think Newark that has a direct link to the train station, and take the train in.  JFK and LaGuadia are a hassle getting into the city.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: bluecollar on March 08, 2016, 09:33:51 AM
Hey guys we got a crowd here and now too bad I got to take a nap from working all night
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 08, 2016, 09:37:20 AM
Hey guys we got a crowd here and now too bad I got to take a nap from working all night
you can come back later and catch up, right now, go catch some zzzz's
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on March 08, 2016, 09:42:32 AM
good morning guys.
Oliva O robusto and coffee.
going back to the driving range after I get my laundry done.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 08, 2016, 09:48:45 AM
For her birthday or Christmas, BD should get her a nice copper kettle to do her fudge in properly.
Here's looking up you ol' double boiler.
Good morning CB.  Hope you are finally feeling better to enjoy some of the nice weather headed our way.
Still hacking around some.  Up into the 70's the next couple of days.  Morning Sam.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 10:13:43 AM
Another shitstorm start today.

@ Travellin Dave - I may be going to NY tomorrow (Manhattan, financial district/Washington Square), what would be the preferred airport to use?
I think Newark that has a direct link to the train station, and take the train in.  JFK and LaGuadia are a hassle getting into the city.
Thanks
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 10:14:53 AM
At the dermatologist office to get my annual inspection.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 08, 2016, 10:27:30 AM
Another shitstorm start today.

@ Travellin Dave - I may be going to NY tomorrow (Manhattan, financial district/Washington Square), what would be the preferred airport to use?
I think Newark that has a direct link to the train station, and take the train in.  JFK and LaGuadia are a hassle getting into the city.
Thanks
this week should be ok, it is a NJ transit train that makes stops at Newark/liberty airport Air train station, for trips to the terminals.  NJ Transit, might be on strike starting Sunday 3/13.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 08, 2016, 10:27:53 AM
At the dermatologist office to get my annual inspection.
Yes, TR you have skin...
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 10:28:37 AM
Another shitstorm start today.

@ Travellin Dave - I may be going to NY tomorrow (Manhattan, financial district/Washington Square), what would be the preferred airport to use?
I think Newark that has a direct link to the train station, and take the train in.  JFK and LaGuadia are a hassle getting into the city.
Thanks
this week should be ok, it is a NJ transit train that makes stops at Newark/liberty airport Air train station, for trips to the terminals.  NJ Transit, might be on strike starting Sunday 3/13.
I will just take a cab probably
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: razgueado on March 08, 2016, 10:45:05 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 10:59:09 AM
Another shitstorm start today.

@ Travellin Dave - I may be going to NY tomorrow (Manhattan, financial district/Washington Square), what would be the preferred airport to use?
I think Newark that has a direct link to the train station, and take the train in.  JFK and LaGuadia are a hassle getting into the city.
Thanks
this week should be ok, it is a NJ transit train that makes stops at Newark/liberty airport Air train station, for trips to the terminals.  NJ Transit, might be on strike starting Sunday 3/13.
I will just take a cab probably
If you're going to do a cab, the other two would be acceptable.  Guess it mostly depends on what has the best flight from Austin.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 10:59:35 AM
Morning Raz, Sam and CB.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 11:07:58 AM
Not a bargain, but if you are interested in trying the Tatuaje Jackal, on sale today (25%) at http://www.cdmcigars.com/
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 08, 2016, 11:10:16 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Raz!
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: razgueado on March 08, 2016, 11:26:28 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Raz!
Sam!
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: razgueado on March 08, 2016, 11:28:48 AM
Morning Raz, Sam and CB.
Howdy, TD
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 08, 2016, 11:52:39 AM
Morning Raz, Sam and CB.
Morning TravelMeister.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 08, 2016, 11:53:55 AM
At the dermatologist office to get my annual inspection.
Yes, TR you have skin...
Oh, you got to have skin to keep your insides in...
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 08, 2016, 12:09:26 PM
La Palina Classic - tasty.  Mikey likey.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 12:34:45 PM
La Palina Classic - tasty.  Mikey likey.
Good line.  Enjoyed the Red label recently.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 12:35:12 PM
At the dermatologist office to get my annual inspection.
Yes, TR you have skin...
Although thin at times.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 08, 2016, 12:38:00 PM
La Palina Classic - tasty.  Mikey likey.
Good line.  Enjoyed the Red label recently.
Prefer the Red Label over the Black Label.  The Red is suppose to be the Black but with Hababo wrapper instead of the Oscuro not the the Black ain't to shabby.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 08, 2016, 12:39:35 PM
At the dermatologist office to get my annual inspection.
Yes, TR you have skin...
Although thin at times.
"Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either..."
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 12:48:58 PM
At the dermatologist office to get my annual inspection.
Yes, TR you have skin...
Although thin at times.
"Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either..."
Tony lies.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 08, 2016, 12:56:13 PM
At the dermatologist office to get my annual inspection.
Yes, TR you have skin...
Although thin at times.
"Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either..."
Tony lies.
Like a dog!
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 08, 2016, 01:00:02 PM
Chip, our thoughts are with you.
Even got the pup pulling for you and yours.  Hang in there Chip.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 08, 2016, 01:25:54 PM
Morning Flip.  You ever used the black ice before?  I'm truly amazed at how much that stuff expands.
TWSS!
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 01:26:02 PM
At the dermatologist office to get my annual inspection.
Yes, TR you have skin...
Although thin at times.
"Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either..."
Warning:  GFY
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 01:28:38 PM
Looks like I will be flying to Newark tomorrow afternoon and be in the Washington Square Area of Manhattan on Thursday if anyone happens to be around there for a smoke.  Flying back here Friday evening.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: SLY on March 08, 2016, 01:29:11 PM
Chip, our thoughts are with you.
Amen.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 01:29:27 PM
At the dermatologist office to get my annual inspection.
Yes, TR you have skin...
Although thin at times.
"Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either..."
Tony lies.
:o
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: SLY on March 08, 2016, 01:32:58 PM
You all need to get up and go to work or something or I'm gonna start making fudge with the pan I use to fry chicken wings in ROTFLMAO. Now who fry's chicken wings in a pan? You must not be from Buffalo.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday Rick, someone needs to buy him a deep fryer
Best Southern Fried Chicken I ever had was made by a neighbor lady who had many generations of Virginia roots.  She made it in a cast iron skillet on the stove in Crisco or lard, I can't remember which, probably the first, and then she would lay it on paper towels to drain.  I was a kid and I still remember it as the best.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 01:33:31 PM
Another shitstorm start today.

@ Travellin Dave - I may be going to NY tomorrow (Manhattan, financial district/Washington Square), what would be the preferred airport to use?
I think Newark that has a direct link to the train station, and take the train in.  JFK and LaGuadia are a hassle getting into the city.
Thanks
this week should be ok, it is a NJ transit train that makes stops at Newark/liberty airport Air train station, for trips to the terminals.  NJ Transit, might be on strike starting Sunday 3/13.
I will just take a cab probably
If you're going to do a cab, the other two would be acceptable.  Guess it mostly depends on what has the best flight from Austin.
Newark worked out better for my air travel so Newark it is.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 01:34:58 PM
You all need to get up and go to work or something or I'm gonna start making fudge with the pan I use to fry chicken wings in ROTFLMAO. Now who fry's chicken wings in a pan? You must not be from Buffalo.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday Rick, someone needs to buy him a deep fryer
Best Southern Fried Chicken I ever had was made by a neighbor lady who had many generations of Virginia roots.  She made it in a cast iron skillet on the stove in Crisco or lard, I can't remember which, probably the first, and then she would lay it on paper towels to drain.  I was a kid and I still remember it as the best.
Chicken is fried at home in a skillet, not a fuk'n deep fryer and it is best cooked in an iron skillet.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: SLY on March 08, 2016, 01:35:24 PM
You all need to get up and go to work or something or I'm gonna start making fudge with the pan I use to fry chicken wings in ROTFLMAO. Now who fry's chicken wings in a pan? You must not be from Buffalo.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday Rick, someone needs to buy him a deep fryer
Then she'll put fudge in it....
I just read through yesterday's banter.  What's funny is that BD's saga is still being mentioned today.  I enjoy his posts, he has a gift for writing them out.
He should keep a journal of his life, but especially the wifescapades.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: SLY on March 08, 2016, 01:36:16 PM
You all need to get up and go to work or something or I'm gonna start making fudge with the pan I use to fry chicken wings in ROTFLMAO. Now who fry's chicken wings in a pan? You must not be from Buffalo.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday Rick, someone needs to buy him a deep fryer
Best Southern Fried Chicken I ever had was made by a neighbor lady who had many generations of Virginia roots.  She made it in a cast iron skillet on the stove in Crisco or lard, I can't remember which, probably the first, and then she would lay it on paper towels to drain.  I was a kid and I still remember it as the best.
Chicken is fried at home in a skillet, not a fuk'n deep fryer and it is best cooked in an iron skillet.
Amen, Brother TR.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: razgueado on March 08, 2016, 01:41:17 PM
You all need to get up and go to work or something or I'm gonna start making fudge with the pan I use to fry chicken wings in ROTFLMAO. Now who fry's chicken wings in a pan? You must not be from Buffalo.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday Rick, someone needs to buy him a deep fryer
Best Southern Fried Chicken I ever had was made by a neighbor lady who had many generations of Virginia roots.  She made it in a cast iron skillet on the stove in Crisco or lard, I can't remember which, probably the first, and then she would lay it on paper towels to drain.  I was a kid and I still remember it as the best.
Lard does have its place, but I think Crisco shortening tastes better with Chicken. Dipping the chicken in buttermilk before dredging is also required, as is the cast-iron skillet.  The warden does a quite tasty oven-fry method, but for the real deal, gotta be Crisco in a skillet on a stove.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 08, 2016, 01:41:34 PM

Looks like I will be flying to Newark tomorrow afternoon and be in the Washington Square Area of Manhattan on Thursday if anyone happens to be around there for a smoke.  Flying back here Friday evening.

I might be able to swing something. That's about a mile south of where I am.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 01:42:28 PM
Looks like I will be flying to Newark tomorrow afternoon and be in the Washington Square Area of Manhattan on Thursday if anyone happens to be around there for a smoke.  Flying back here Friday evening.
Hook up with Tony.  Maybe he can take you to Paley Park for a smoke.  Weather is supposed to be beautiful.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 01:44:00 PM
[...]
Don't forget a good brine soak before you start.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 01:44:09 PM
[...]
Correct, but the buttermilk dipping is an option, old days in the south mostly was just seasoned with salt and pepper then shaken in some flour with salt and pepper in it also.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 01:44:48 PM
[...]
Dahh, not in the south I am from.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: SLY on March 08, 2016, 01:45:14 PM
Afternoon, TR, TD, Tony, CB, CG, BC, Flip, SFish, LTG, 3B and Raz when they come on.
Had bad cough come on Sat. am., had a very busy day, had a couple cigars that night, then Sunday am, more coughing, cold, body aches, didn't come out from under the covers all day, except to go to the bathroom.  A phone call just before 11pm got me up for a bowl of soup and to watch the news, then headed back to bed. Chills and body aches have left, but coughing has not.  Now on antibiotics and prednisone, but dang Clarithromycin seems to be causing the runs.  Where are my Depends?  Now that the temps have gone up into the 70's I want to get out on the motorcycle.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 01:46:05 PM

Looks like I will be flying to Newark tomorrow afternoon and be in the Washington Square Area of Manhattan on Thursday if anyone happens to be around there for a smoke.  Flying back here Friday evening.

I might be able to swing something. That's about a mile south of where I am.
That would be fun!   I am staying at the Holiday Inn (not my choice) on Washington Ave and my time on Thursday is highly flexible.

Edit:

This is where my meeting is:

 WHERE: NYU Kimmel Center
 60 Washington Square South
 New York, NY 10012

And this is where I am staying:

Holiday Inn MANHATTAN-FINANCIAL DISTRICT
99 Washington Street
New York, NY 10006
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 01:46:25 PM
Afternoon, TR, TD, Tony, CB, CG, BC, Flip, SFish, LTG, 3B and Raz when they come on.
Had bad cough come on Sat. am., had a very busy day, had a couple cigars that night, then Sunday am, more coughing, cold, body aches, didn't come out from under the covers all day, except to go to the bathroom.  A phone call just before 11pm got me up for a bowl of soup and to watch the news, then headed back to bed. Chills and body aches have left, but coughing has not.  Now on antibiotics and prednisone, but dang Clarithromycin seems to be causing the runs.  Where are my Depends?  Now that the temps have gone up into the 70's I want to get out on the motorcycle.
Afternoon Sly
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: SLY on March 08, 2016, 01:48:18 PM
[...]
Yum ... I wish I could find someplace in the area that cooked it that way for a decent price.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: SLY on March 08, 2016, 01:49:23 PM

Looks like I will be flying to Newark tomorrow afternoon and be in the Washington Square Area of Manhattan on Thursday if anyone happens to be around there for a smoke.  Flying back here Friday evening.

I might be able to swing something. That's about a mile south of where I am.
That would be fun!   I am staying at the Holiday Inn (not my choice) on Washington Ave and my time on Thursday is highly flexible.
Tony's good people, you will have a fun time.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 08, 2016, 01:50:13 PM

Looks like I will be flying to Newark tomorrow afternoon and be in the Washington Square Area of Manhattan on Thursday if anyone happens to be around there for a smoke.  Flying back here Friday evening.

I might be able to swing something. That's about a mile south of where I am.
That would be fun!   I am staying at the Holiday Inn (not my choice) on Washington Ave and my time on Thursday is highly flexible.
I can't chat now but I'll pm you my contact info a little later. Let's see if we can get an NYC herf going.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 08, 2016, 01:50:36 PM
Afternoon, TR, TD, Tony, CB, CG, BC, Flip, SFish, LTG, 3B and Raz when they come on.
Had bad cough come on Sat. am., had a very busy day, had a couple cigars that night, then Sunday am, more coughing, cold, body aches, didn't come out from under the covers all day, except to go to the bathroom.  A phone call just before 11pm got me up for a bowl of soup and to watch the news, then headed back to bed. Chills and body aches have left, but coughing has not.  Now on antibiotics and prednisone, but dang Clarithromycin seems to be causing the runs.  Where are my Depends?  Now that the temps have gone up into the 70's I want to get out on the motorcycle.
Feel better, brother.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 01:50:51 PM

Looks like I will be flying to Newark tomorrow afternoon and be in the Washington Square Area of Manhattan on Thursday if anyone happens to be around there for a smoke.  Flying back here Friday evening.
OK

I might be able to swing something. That's about a mile south of where I am.
That would be fun!   I am staying at the Holiday Inn (not my choice) on Washington Ave and my time on Thursday is highly flexible.
I can't chat now but I'll pm you my contact info a little later. Let's see if we can get an NYC herf going.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 01:50:52 PM
Another shitstorm start today.

@ Travellin Dave - I may be going to NY tomorrow (Manhattan, financial district/Washington Square), what would be the preferred airport to use?
I think Newark that has a direct link to the train station, and take the train in.  JFK and LaGuadia are a hassle getting into the city.
Thanks
this week should be ok, it is a NJ transit train that makes stops at Newark/liberty airport Air train station, for trips to the terminals.  NJ Transit, might be on strike starting Sunday 3/13.
I will just take a cab probably
If you're going to do a cab, the other two would be acceptable.  Guess it mostly depends on what has the best flight from Austin.
Newark worked out better for my air travel so Newark it is.
Train would be easier from there to the city, then get a cab.  Take the AirTrain (monorail) to the train station (best to get tickets before you get on the AirTrain, at base of escalator), then cab at Penn Station.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: SLY on March 08, 2016, 01:51:28 PM
Afternoon, TR, TD, Tony, CB, CG, BC, Flip, SFish, LTG, 3B and Raz when they come on.
Had bad cough come on Sat. am., had a very busy day, had a couple cigars that night, then Sunday am, more coughing, cold, body aches, didn't come out from under the covers all day, except to go to the bathroom.  A phone call just before 11pm got me up for a bowl of soup and to watch the news, then headed back to bed. Chills and body aches have left, but coughing has not.  Now on antibiotics and prednisone, but dang Clarithromycin seems to be causing the runs.  Where are my Depends?  Now that the temps have gone up into the 70's I want to get out on the motorcycle.
Afternoon Sly
Afternoon, TR, going to stick my head out the door, and maybe go for a walk, have to get some sun and enjoy this beautiful weather.  Maybe it will help me feel better.  Have to resist lighting up for a few days until I'm out of the woods.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 08, 2016, 01:52:15 PM
You all need to get up and go to work or something or I'm gonna start making fudge with the pan I use to fry chicken wings in ROTFLMAO. Now who fry's chicken wings in a pan? You must not be from Buffalo.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday Rick, someone needs to buy him a deep fryer
Best Southern Fried Chicken I ever had was made by a neighbor lady who had many generations of Virginia roots.  She made it in a cast iron skillet on the stove in Crisco or lard, I can't remember which, probably the first, and then she would lay it on paper towels to drain.  I was a kid and I still remember it as the best.
Hi Sly,  if you were a kid when she was doing this, it was lard.  Just sayin.   :P
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 01:53:24 PM
[...]

Thanks, will try and do that.  I have only been to NYC one time and it was from JFK via Cab.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: SLY on March 08, 2016, 01:53:32 PM
Afternoon, TR, TD, Tony, CB, CG, BC, Flip, SFish, LTG, 3B and Raz when they come on.
Had bad cough come on Sat. am., had a very busy day, had a couple cigars that night, then Sunday am, more coughing, cold, body aches, didn't come out from under the covers all day, except to go to the bathroom.  A phone call just before 11pm got me up for a bowl of soup and to watch the news, then headed back to bed. Chills and body aches have left, but coughing has not.  Now on antibiotics and prednisone, but dang Clarithromycin seems to be causing the runs.  Where are my Depends?  Now that the temps have gone up into the 70's I want to get out on the motorcycle.
Feel better, brother.
Thanks, Tony.  Can't waste this beautiful weather ... I've got to get out and walk a bit.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: razgueado on March 08, 2016, 01:54:19 PM
Afternoon, TR, TD, Tony, CB, CG, BC, Flip, SFish, LTG, 3B and Raz when they come on.
Had bad cough come on Sat. am., had a very busy day, had a couple cigars that night, then Sunday am, more coughing, cold, body aches, didn't come out from under the covers all day, except to go to the bathroom.  A phone call just before 11pm got me up for a bowl of soup and to watch the news, then headed back to bed. Chills and body aches have left, but coughing has not.  Now on antibiotics and prednisone, but dang Clarithromycin seems to be causing the runs.  Where are my Depends?  Now that the temps have gone up into the 70's I want to get out on the motorcycle.
Feel better, brother.
Indeed.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 01:54:22 PM
[...]
I had to get a shot in my thumb and that was less than pleasant.   Then 3 spots burned so I look like I have been in a car wreck.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: SLY on March 08, 2016, 01:54:46 PM
You all need to get up and go to work or something or I'm gonna start making fudge with the pan I use to fry chicken wings in ROTFLMAO. Now who fry's chicken wings in a pan? You must not be from Buffalo.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday Rick, someone needs to buy him a deep fryer
Best Southern Fried Chicken I ever had was made by a neighbor lady who had many generations of Virginia roots.  She made it in a cast iron skillet on the stove in Crisco or lard, I can't remember which, probably the first, and then she would lay it on paper towels to drain.  I was a kid and I still remember it as the best.
Hi Sly,  if you were a kid when she was doing this, it was lard.  Just sayin.   :P
Who are you calling an old goat, Sam (I am)?  ;)  You just may be right.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 08, 2016, 01:56:08 PM
[...]
+1  and personal tastes set aside, lard, not Crisco.  best fried in animal fat, vegetables were meant to boil or steam.  Nothing like a healty dose of serious stick to your veins fat & cholesterol for fryin!    :D
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: SLY on March 08, 2016, 01:57:06 PM
Afternoon, TR, TD, Tony, CB, CG, BC, Flip, SFish, LTG, 3B and Raz when they come on.
Had bad cough come on Sat. am., had a very busy day, had a couple cigars that night, then Sunday am, more coughing, cold, body aches, didn't come out from under the covers all day, except to go to the bathroom.  A phone call just before 11pm got me up for a bowl of soup and to watch the news, then headed back to bed. Chills and body aches have left, but coughing has not.  Now on antibiotics and prednisone, but dang Clarithromycin seems to be causing the runs.  Where are my Depends?  Now that the temps have gone up into the 70's I want to get out on the motorcycle.
Feel better, brother.
Indeed.
Thanks, Raz.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 01:57:17 PM

Looks like I will be flying to Newark tomorrow afternoon and be in the Washington Square Area of Manhattan on Thursday if anyone happens to be around there for a smoke.  Flying back here Friday evening.

I might be able to swing something. That's about a mile south of where I am.
That would be fun!   I am staying at the Holiday Inn (not my choice) on Washington Ave and my time on Thursday is highly flexible.
I can't chat now but I'll pm you my contact info a little later. Let's see if we can get an NYC herf going.
Bring a good lighter and cutter for Tex to use as he can't bring them in his carryon.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 08, 2016, 01:57:43 PM
Afternoon, TR, TD, Tony, CB, CG, BC, Flip, SFish, LTG, 3B and Raz when they come on.
Had bad cough come on Sat. am., had a very busy day, had a couple cigars that night, then Sunday am, more coughing, cold, body aches, didn't come out from under the covers all day, except to go to the bathroom.  A phone call just before 11pm got me up for a bowl of soup and to watch the news, then headed back to bed. Chills and body aches have left, but coughing has not.  Now on antibiotics and prednisone, but dang Clarithromycin seems to be causing the runs.  Where are my Depends?  Now that the temps have gone up into the 70's I want to get out on the motorcycle.
OUCH!  hope you are feeling better very soon!
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 01:58:00 PM
You all need to get up and go to work or something or I'm gonna start making fudge with the pan I use to fry chicken wings in ROTFLMAO. Now who fry's chicken wings in a pan? You must not be from Buffalo.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday Rick, someone needs to buy him a deep fryer
Best Southern Fried Chicken I ever had was made by a neighbor lady who had many generations of Virginia roots.  She made it in a cast iron skillet on the stove in Crisco or lard, I can't remember which, probably the first, and then she would lay it on paper towels to drain.  I was a kid and I still remember it as the best.
Hi Sly,  if you were a kid when she was doing this, it was lard.  Just sayin.   :P
Who are you calling an old goat, Sam (I am)?  ;)  You just may be right.
Call for an old goat around here and 2/3 of the posters will think you are calling them.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 01:58:41 PM

Looks like I will be flying to Newark tomorrow afternoon and be in the Washington Square Area of Manhattan on Thursday if anyone happens to be around there for a smoke.  Flying back here Friday evening.

I might be able to swing something. That's about a mile south of where I am.
That would be fun!   I am staying at the Holiday Inn (not my choice) on Washington Ave and my time on Thursday is highly flexible.
I can't chat now but I'll pm you my contact info a little later. Let's see if we can get an NYC herf going.
Bring a good lighter and cutter for Tex to use as he can't bring them in his carryon.
I can bring my punch though. ;)
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: SLY on March 08, 2016, 02:00:53 PM
[...]
  Crap, that's no fun.  Retired dermatologist at my Church, hollered at me, while crossing the parking lot at Mass ... where's your hat?
He recommended a hat with at least a three inch broad brim.  That afternoon, I was coming up an escalator at J.C. Penny's and right at the top was a display with Docker broad brimmed straw hats on SALE 25% off.  Couldn't pass it up ... providential.  Now, I'm out ... where's my straw hat?
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 08, 2016, 02:01:52 PM
You all need to get up and go to work or something or I'm gonna start making fudge with the pan I use to fry chicken wings in ROTFLMAO. Now who fry's chicken wings in a pan? You must not be from Buffalo.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday Rick, someone needs to buy him a deep fryer
Best Southern Fried Chicken I ever had was made by a neighbor lady who had many generations of Virginia roots.  She made it in a cast iron skillet on the stove in Crisco or lard, I can't remember which, probably the first, and then she would lay it on paper towels to drain.  I was a kid and I still remember it as the best.
Hi Sly,  if you were a kid when she was doing this, it was lard.  Just sayin.   :P
Who are you calling an old goat, Sam (I am)?  ;)  You just may be right.
LOL, just old,  no goat!
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: razgueado on March 08, 2016, 02:03:22 PM
[...]
Yeah, and like I said, I like lard. But to me, for fried chicken pig fat just imparts a slightly odd taste that vegetable shortening doesn't. But I've used both.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 02:04:20 PM
[...]
Lard is good but I actually prefer the old white Crisco in the can.  With a couple of extra livers on the side too.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 02:07:50 PM
You all need to get up and go to work or something or I'm gonna start making fudge with the pan I use to fry chicken wings in ROTFLMAO. Now who fry's chicken wings in a pan? You must not be from Buffalo.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday Rick, someone needs to buy him a deep fryer
Best Southern Fried Chicken I ever had was made by a neighbor lady who had many generations of Virginia roots.  She made it in a cast iron skillet on the stove in Crisco or lard, I can't remember which, probably the first, and then she would lay it on paper towels to drain.  I was a kid and I still remember it as the best.
Hi Sly,  if you were a kid when she was doing this, it was lard.  Just sayin.   :P
Who are you calling an old goat, Sam (I am)?  ;)  You just may be right.
Call for an old goat around here and 2/3 of the posters will think you are calling them.
>:(     :-\
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 08, 2016, 02:09:26 PM
You all need to get up and go to work or something or I'm gonna start making fudge with the pan I use to fry chicken wings in ROTFLMAO. Now who fry's chicken wings in a pan? You must not be from Buffalo.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday Rick, someone needs to buy him a deep fryer
Best Southern Fried Chicken I ever had was made by a neighbor lady who had many generations of Virginia roots.  She made it in a cast iron skillet on the stove in Crisco or lard, I can't remember which, probably the first, and then she would lay it on paper towels to drain.  I was a kid and I still remember it as the best.
I think that is still the way they do it at Sylvia's in NYC. they swear by cast iron.  We have a cast iron
dutch oven, with a glass lid, that the wife uses for pot roast.  Had to convince her it is not a good chile pot(too much
acid in the tomatoes....).
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 08, 2016, 02:11:35 PM
had a Fallen Angel robusto at lunchtime, and it was much harsher than it's toro counterpart.  was surprised at the difference in the 2.  really like the toro, but not so much the robusto.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 08, 2016, 02:12:57 PM
We definitely agree on the cast iron skillet for frying.  Anyone who tries to argue that point has never cooked in a good seasoned iron skillet.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: razgueado on March 08, 2016, 02:15:09 PM
[...]
Damned straight.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: razgueado on March 08, 2016, 02:15:33 PM
We definitely agree on the cast iron skillet for frying.  Anyone who tries to argue that point has never cooked in a good seasoned iron skillet.
Amen, hallelujah.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: razgueado on March 08, 2016, 02:16:23 PM
You all need to get up and go to work or something or I'm gonna start making fudge with the pan I use to fry chicken wings in ROTFLMAO. Now who fry's chicken wings in a pan? You must not be from Buffalo.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday Rick, someone needs to buy him a deep fryer
Best Southern Fried Chicken I ever had was made by a neighbor lady who had many generations of Virginia roots.  She made it in a cast iron skillet on the stove in Crisco or lard, I can't remember which, probably the first, and then she would lay it on paper towels to drain.  I was a kid and I still remember it as the best.
Hi Sly,  if you were a kid when she was doing this, it was lard.  Just sayin.   :P
Who are you calling an old goat, Sam (I am)?  ;)  You just may be right.
Call for an old goat around here and 2/3 of the posters will think you are calling them.
Bah.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 02:38:45 PM
Time to head out, maybe catch the taco truck for lunch.  BBL
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on March 08, 2016, 02:41:37 PM
You all need to get up and go to work or something or I'm gonna start making fudge with the pan I use to fry chicken wings in ROTFLMAO. Now who fry's chicken wings in a pan? You must not be from Buffalo.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing yesterday Rick, someone needs to buy him a deep fryer
Best Southern Fried Chicken I ever had was made by a neighbor lady who had many generations of Virginia roots.  She made it in a cast iron skillet on the stove in Crisco or lard, I can't remember which, probably the first, and then she would lay it on paper towels to drain.  I was a kid and I still remember it as the best.
Hi Sly,  if you were a kid when she was doing this, it was lard.  Just sayin.   :P
Who are you calling an old goat, Sam (I am)?  ;)  You just may be right.
Call for an old goat around here and 2/3 of the posters will think you are calling them.
Say what?
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 08, 2016, 02:42:13 PM
[...]
that's a sheep.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 08, 2016, 02:42:26 PM
[...]
what
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 08, 2016, 03:24:39 PM
so, if you do happen to have 23 odds & ends on a table, and 22 fall off, what the hell do you have left, an odd or an end?
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 03:28:20 PM
so, if you do happen to have 23 odds & ends on a table, and 22 fall off, what the hell do you have left, an odd or an end?
Never ends well having people around here think....
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 03:29:21 PM
so, if you do happen to have 23 odds & ends on a table, and 22 fall off, what the hell do you have left, an odd or an end?
Never ends well having people around here think....
Damn dangerous thing for sure!
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 03:33:16 PM
This should relieve everyone's mind from thinking!

As his days of being an employed NFL player dwindle, Johnny Manziel continues to keep anything but a low profile.

The beleaguered Cleveland Browns quarterback - for now - was at UFC 196 last weekend in Las Vegas, where he partied with notorious reality TV "personality" Scott Disick, a member of the Kardashian entourage.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 03:50:05 PM
Who would have ever guessed it???? ::)

Burger King hot dogs reviewed: ‘culinary calamity’
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 03:59:07 PM
2 minutes prior to closing (I am going home):

DOW  -101
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 03:59:15 PM
Who would have ever guessed it???? ::)

Burger King hot dogs reviewed: ‘culinary calamity’
Well, don't remember their burgers or other offerings being at the top of anyone's favorites list either.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 03:59:57 PM
I was hoping for an update from you about the lady dancing naked on the truck TexDave.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 04:00:24 PM
BBL from the patio with a Seagar!
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 04:01:57 PM
I was hoping for an update from you about the lady dancing naked on the truck TexDave.
As a matter of fact I have that:

Naked woman who stopped traffic on U.S. 290 receiving psychiatric treatment

A woman found dancing nude on the top of a big rig, snarling the mid-morning commute for miles along westbound U.S. 290, is getting psychiatric help at an area hospital, officials said.

The bizarre incident began around 9 a.m. Monday, according to Harris County Sheriff's Dep. Thomas Gilliland, who said the 25-year-old naked woman wandered into traffic on U.S. 290 near Huffmeister, causing a three-car pileup.

Authorities closed both sides of the highway while responding to the incident, backing up traffic for miles and baffling commuters. Pictures of the woman began circulating around social media as the incident stretched nearly two hours.

It’s believed that she was involved in two separate hit-and-run traffic incidents in the Jersey Village area just before the highway shutdown.

Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 04:02:17 PM
Now, I am gone!
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 08, 2016, 04:14:00 PM
Now, I am gone!
take care...
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 08, 2016, 04:14:31 PM
[...]

I wonder if they have a pole in the room for her dancing......
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: razgueado on March 08, 2016, 04:20:55 PM
so, if you do happen to have 23 odds & ends on a table, and 22 fall off, what the hell do you have left, an odd or an end?
Never ends well having people around here think....
You have one odd and end. Grammar, what a concept.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: ss2 on March 08, 2016, 04:26:42 PM
so, if you do happen to have 23 odds & ends on a table, and 22 fall off, what the hell do you have left, an odd or an end?
Never ends well having people around here think....
You have one odd and end. Grammar, what a concept.
yes, an odd ending for sure.  I am out.  have an El Rey Del Mundo Oscuro for the ride.  everyone have a great evening!
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 04:32:19 PM
[...]

I was kinda going there as well...maybe she needs dance lessons more than psychiatric help.  Most of those people need more help then they give anyway.  ....but I won't go on a rant about worthless shrinks  now....
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 04:36:33 PM
so, if you do happen to have 23 odds & ends on a table, and 22 fall off, what the hell do you have left, an odd or an end?
Never ends well having people around here think....
You have one odd and end. Grammar, what a concept.
yes, an odd ending for sure.  I am out.  have an El Rey Del Mundo Oscuro for the ride.  everyone have a great evening!
Safe travels Sam, keep eyes on the road and not naked dancing women.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on March 08, 2016, 05:03:28 PM
so, if you do happen to have 23 odds & ends on a table, and 22 fall off, what the hell do you have left, an odd or an end?
Never ends well having people around here think....
You have one odd and end. Grammar, what a concept.
yes, an odd ending for sure.  I am out.  have an El Rey Del Mundo Oscuro for the ride.  everyone have a great evening!
Safe travels Sam, keep eyes on the road and not naked dancing women.
smae here Sam, running away myself...
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 05:09:33 PM
Partagas Cifuentes gifted by a fine BOTL lit with a Ballast Point Dead Ringer poured.  Found that beer hiding back in a corner of the fridge.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 06:02:27 PM
SHEESH
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: razgueado on March 08, 2016, 08:01:16 PM
SHEESH
Indeed. Hard to imagine looking forward to the vanpool, but today I'm delighted to be here.

Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 08, 2016, 08:14:39 PM
Time to head out, grab a cigar then off to the beach for dinner and a sunset.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 08, 2016, 09:20:16 PM
Time to head out, grab a cigar then off to the beach for dinner and a sunset.
Sounds like a nice evening!
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: bluecollar on March 08, 2016, 09:31:14 PM
Back at the old grind again enjoy your smokes in the nice weather
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 08, 2016, 10:19:38 PM
Back at the old grind again enjoy your smokes in the nice weather
That sounds like a great idea, Rick.

Actually had the opportunity to smoke something on my commute home. It was an El Baton torp. Hadn't had one in ages. Not sure why, because it was as good as I remembered.
Title: Re: 3/8/2016
Post by: bluecollar on March 08, 2016, 10:20:57 PM
Very nice Tony I haven't had one of them in a long time