CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: 1/11/2019  (Read 8093 times)

sfish

Re: 1/11/2019
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2019, 02:51:05 PM »

Interesting, I liked the originals I smoked

https://halfwheel.com/diesel-to-add-limited-edition-hair-of-the-dog/290271
Wonder if the blend will have any similarities, because I loved the original. But the article makes it sound like this is something brand new.
Right, almost like it didn't exist previously

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2019, 03:28:41 PM »

So tomorrow I have to take a run out by the Indian reservation. There are Two nice humidor/cigar shops. I will have to browse

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2019, 04:28:26 PM »

morning RazMan.
was given a 'new to me' for my 'collection'. it NEEDS a good cleaning, can't even break it down yet.
Free guns are always fun.  Is that a Kel-Tec?
yes, P11 9mm. got the manual downloaded and finally got the frozen slide lock freed up.
Sweet.  That'll be a handy little pistol.  My friend "MacGuyver" carries one of those as his backup gun. 

I wish people would give me firearms.
I wish I could afford to buy more.
nice addition to my Taurus 738 TPC.
A very nice addition.  A little more oomph behind the bullet. 

I like Kel Tec's stuff.  I have a Sub-2000 in .40s&w and a PMR-30 (.22mag).  Both very fun guns.
I wish I could afford the Smith & Wesson M&P 9 Shield. some day. but by the time I could I would have something else on my wish list.
I have the Shields in 9mm and .45acp.  I've promised the 9mm to #1 son when he gets his carry permit.  I like the Shields, got them back when everybody was blowing them out cheap and Smith was running a rebate.  But in general I despise the newly minted category of "carry" guns that's become so popular. People don't realize that it is a hell of a lot harder to shoot a little gun well, and they require a lot more training and practice.  But they get their lightweight little gun and a box of Hornady Critical Defense and figure they're good to go. 

I have the little guns if I find I really need them, i just haven't yet encountered a situation where the Glock 23 was a problem to conceal, even in hot weather.  But that's me.
but do you wear flipflops, shorts and tee shirts 10 months out of the year?

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2019, 04:36:22 PM »

morning RazMan.
was given a 'new to me' for my 'collection'. it NEEDS a good cleaning, can't even break it down yet.
yes, P11 9mm. got the manual downloaded and finally got the frozen slide lock freed up.
Sweet.  That'll be a handy little pistol.  My friend "MacGuyver" carries one of those as his backup gun. 

I like Kel Tec's stuff.  I have a Sub-2000 in .40s&w and a PMR-30 (.22mag).  Both very fun guns.
I wish I could afford the Smith & Wesson M&P 9 Shield. some day. but by the time I could I would have something else on my wish list.
I have the Shields in 9mm and .45acp.  I've promised the 9mm to #1 son when he gets his carry permit.  I like the Shields, got them back when everybody was blowing them out cheap and Smith was running a rebate.  But in general I despise the newly minted category of "carry" guns that's become so popular. People don't realize that it is a hell of a lot harder to shoot a little gun well, and they require a lot more training and practice.  But they get their lightweight little gun and a box of Hornady Critical Defense and figure they're good to go. 

I have the little guns if I find I really need them, i just haven't yet encountered a situation where the Glock 23 was a problem to conceal, even in hot weather.  But that's me.
I've lost my shooting partner due to loss of eyesight, he's legally blind and can no longer see to shoot. he was my in at the Sheriff's Youth Ranch, his wife runs the camp but always needed him to get on the range.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2019, 04:53:22 PM »

lady on her way with BLT fixins'.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2019, 05:31:07 PM »

morning RazMan.

but do you wear flipflops, shorts and tee shirts 10 months out of the year?

I don't wear flip-flops ever. I do wear shorts and tee shirts 12 months a year, I just wear them under my clothing. 

Seriously, in the summer under light clothing I use a belly band holster, and instead of tee shirts I wear wifebeaters under untucked and mostly unbuttoned linen short sleeve shirts. Keeps me cool, and hides the gun. I prefer to make the clothing work with the gun rather than the other way round.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2019, 05:34:10 PM »

Happy with the buy.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2019, 05:35:06 PM »

Under $3 a stick  ;D

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2019, 05:41:11 PM »

Under $3 a stick  ;D
Score!  Where did you find that deal?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2019, 06:10:05 PM »

And with that, I bid you hazzuh!
Later Dave. Never did ask ha. How is the better half doing?
She's fine. A little sore today, but that's normal. Hopefully this gets her right for a couple of months.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2019, 06:33:34 PM »

Under $3 a stick  ;D
Score!  Where did you find that deal?
holts, but Andy at cigar.com matched it.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....