CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: 5/30/2016 - Memorial Day  (Read 8295 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 5/30/2016 - Memorial Day
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2016, 04:53:46 PM »

On the patio with a Room 101 Uncle Lee lit while I wait to let the warden out.
About 2/3 done with this uncle Lee and an interestingly different smoke.  I rather like it so put another box in my cart while CI still has them 1/2 price.

Threebean

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2016, 05:02:21 PM »

@ Tony, had a note from Chip this morning.  Mother is still hanging on, daughter not doing well but hope to be able to get her on some new medicine soon that might make a difference and Chip has had some health problems himself but doing better.  Been really tough times for him.
Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I will continue to keep them all in my thoughts and prayers.
He sure needs all the prayers he can get.
Indeed.

Threebean

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2016, 05:05:48 PM »

How do the banter boys feel about stainless steel grates versus porcelain covered cast iron?
Well this boy has a Webber with stainless grates and they are fine but I prefer cast iron without porcelain.  That said stainless lasts longer.  That is my 2 cents worth at no charge.
The porcelain over cast iron gives a better cook and those nice grill marks, but the SS lasts longer.  And since TWSS, I prefer the lasts longer.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2016, 05:09:11 PM »

How do the banter boys feel about stainless steel grates versus porcelain covered cast iron?
Well this boy has a Webber with stainless grates and they are fine but I prefer cast iron without porcelain.  That said stainless lasts longer.  That is my 2 cents worth at no charge.
Appreciate the 2 cents. My last grates were cast iron but eventually rusted away. (I didn't take good care of them) Trying to figure out what else to try.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2016, 05:10:47 PM »

The porcelain over cast iron gives a better cook and those nice grill marks, but the SS lasts longer.  And since TWSS, I prefer the lasts longer.
That's two votes for stainless.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2016, 06:04:05 PM »

Got the Warden locked in the pantry and she can't get out until she fills two 55 gallon contractor bags with crap.
Mission accomplished, let her out and even gave her a glass of elixer  :)

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2016, 06:04:44 PM »

I will take a thick ribeye rare.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2016, 06:12:32 PM »

That sounds nummy.

Threebean

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2016, 06:33:37 PM »

Same here but medium-well.  Prefer mine to have stopped mooing. 

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2016, 06:41:43 PM »

Chef can't guarantee anything past medium rare so good luck.

Threebean

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2016, 06:57:23 PM »

Chef can't guarantee anything past medium rare so good luck.
I have faith in Chef Tony.  Something tells me he has some experience in this area.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2016, 07:02:45 PM »

Holy Jeez, Travellin Dave must be jizz'n in his britches.  Clemson is leading FL State for the ACC Tournament Championship 13-1 in the 3rd inning.   

Seems the just cleared the field due to  rain and lightning.
;D  Champions!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2016, 07:05:13 PM »

May have to take your Texas card away.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2016, 07:10:00 PM »

Good Memorial Day Gents.  Got rid of the DIL's deadbeat father and brother, son, DIL and grandmunchkins left after three, got back a bit ago after a long ride to clear my head.  Sitting down now with a Grapefruit Sculpin and a Curivari Reserva Limitada. 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2016, 07:10:38 PM »

Flight out at 8:00 AM tomorrow to Guadalajara through Houston.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6