CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: 6/28/2021  (Read 6987 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 6/28/2021
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2021, 10:36:25 AM »

Holt's Stars and Stripes Super Sale

https://www.holts.com/

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2021, 10:40:08 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Hi there, Raz. Sounds like you better get your winter coat ready for tomorrow. That's the most insane weather I've ever heard of.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2021, 10:51:46 AM »

Cigar.com:

Door #1 - Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve churchill (7.0"x54) - 10 / $49.99 {$73.00}

Door #2 - CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon robusto (5.0"x50) - 5 / $22.50 {$30.50}

Door #3 - Sons of Anarchy by Black Crown robusto (5.0"x54) - 10 / $34.99 {$55.00}

Same as yesterday but only more expensive.
Seems to be a recurring thing for them now.
It looks like they just don't have as good a flipper as we do here.
Think after midnight the prices revert back to regular, but the new offerings don't populate....until later.
Good morning, ClemsonDave. We tried our best on this non-jam Monday.
Page 4 before 10.  Deano has really put a charge in the banter!
positive or negative?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2021, 10:58:46 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Hi there, Raz. Sounds like you better get your winter coat ready for tomorrow. That's the most insane weather I've ever heard of.
This whole thing is insane, scientifically speaking.  The climate scientists out here all have hard-ons about it.  And it's brutal.  I've lived through some killer (literally) heat in my time, but this is relentlessly oppressive. 

The 50-degree tumble will be an experience.  They say we'll go to bed sweating and sometime during the night the cold will wake us up freezing.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2021, 11:01:27 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
This whole thing is insane, scientifically speaking.  The climate scientists out here all have hard-ons about it.  And it's brutal.  I've lived through some killer (literally) heat in my time, but this is relentlessly oppressive. 

The 50-degree tumble will be an experience.  They say we'll go to bed sweating and sometime during the night the cold will wake us up freezing.
It definitely sounds like something. Not something I'd like to experience, though. We get enough rapid temp changes here on the lake, but not sure we've ever gotten a 50 degree change so quickly.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2021, 11:12:32 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

the 16 year old Greta Thonberg was right! Holy shit.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2021, 11:15:23 AM »

Cigar.com:

Door #1 - Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve churchill (7.0"x54) - 10 / $49.99 {$73.00}

Door #2 - CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon robusto (5.0"x50) - 5 / $22.50 {$30.50}

Door #3 - Sons of Anarchy by Black Crown robusto (5.0"x54) - 10 / $34.99 {$55.00}

Same as yesterday but only more expensive.
Seems to be a recurring thing for them now.
It looks like they just don't have as good a flipper as we do here.
Think after midnight the prices revert back to regular, but the new offerings don't populate....until later.
Good morning, ClemsonDave. We tried our best on this non-jam Monday.
Page 4 before 10.  Deano has really put a charge in the banter!
positive or negative?
With you Dean, always positive!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2021, 11:17:43 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

Heat domes, polar vortexes...sheesh!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2021, 11:19:48 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

Is seems you had more snow than usual this past winter.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2021, 11:21:27 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

Yeah...not.  I'm really getting tired of hearing that out here.  I'm not a climate-change denier.  But this is a natural, if exceedingly rare, circumstance. 

It is, however, a taste of what climate-change could lead to. 

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2021, 11:37:04 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

Yeah...not.  I'm really getting tired of hearing that out here.  I'm not a climate-change denier.  But this is a natural, if exceedingly rare, circumstance. 

trust me, I agree. although we (man) do tend to contribute to alot of issues, I believe it's just Mother Nature's natural sequences.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2021, 11:37:39 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

Is seems you had more snow than usual this past winter.
Yup.  Most of it was in the highlands, but yeah.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2021, 11:52:59 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

Feels like you should challenge yourself to smoke a cigar somewhere in between.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2021, 11:54:51 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

trust me, I agree. although we (man) do tend to contribute to a lot of issues, I believe it's just Mother Nature's natural sequences.
A lot more so than people seem to want to think, yes.  There has been an unmistakably enormous spike in the levels of atmospheric carbon since the dawn of the industrial revolution.  That's true, we can see it in the soil cores, and it's not a good thing.  There has not, however, been a demonstrably correlative increase in temperatures.  We've had these kinds of temperature increases without human interference and that also can be seen in the soil cores.  So while it's true that pumping carbon into the atmosphere at a fantastic rate is not good for the planet or its inhabitants, it is far from established that humans are the cause of the current temperature levels.  We could be, and Occam's Razor would suggest we are contributing, but it just isn't established that the temperature increases are not on a cyclic upswing.  The sheer tonnage of what we do not understand about our own planet, let alone the cosmos, is enough to create a supermassive black hole.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11