CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: 11/8/2015  (Read 8404 times)

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 11/8/2015
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2015, 02:30:11 PM »

This is all that's left.  And one of my daughters hasn't had a chance to taste 'em yet.

They weren't to bad were they? Quick and easy and no driving to the store. 

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2015, 03:51:27 PM »

How 'bout them Packers?  Need to eat they cheese or something.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2015, 06:06:28 PM »

I am so sick of the rednecks here flying the 'srars and bars' on their pickup trucks I ordered a Union flag and decal.
You are the visitor to their culture not them to yours and you live their by your choice.
but the war is over.
Indeed.  Stars and bars does not currently represent what it's original designers had in mind.  It was originally a battle flag.  Not supporting anybody's views here.  Just pointing out some historical truths.
In industry, you call it brand protection making sure nobody uses your saying itsymbol for any oother purpose. Whatever the stars and bars was originally meant to represent, its use has been usurped by hate groups and whatever rendering its original use moot.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2015, 06:08:34 PM »

Sitting in the airport lounge waiting on a 7:15 flight.

Threebean

« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2015, 06:27:53 PM »

Sitting in the airport lounge waiting on a 7:15 flight.
Where to this week?

Threebean

« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2015, 06:30:34 PM »

I am so sick of the rednecks here flying the 'srars and bars' on their pickup trucks I ordered a Union flag and decal.
You are the visitor to their culture not them to yours and you live their by your choice.
but the war is over.
Indeed.  Stars and bars does not currently represent what it's original designers had in mind.  It was originally a battle flag.  Not supporting anybody's views here.  Just pointing out some historical truths.
In industry, you call it brand protection making sure nobody uses your saying itsymbol for any oother purpose. Whatever the stars and bars was originally meant to represent, its use has been usurped by hate groups and whatever rendering its original use moot.
I am aware of only one "hate group" which usurped the Confederate flag, and that was the KKK. I really doubt those who defend the flag think the KKK has any place in legitimate society. 

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2015, 06:45:28 PM »

but the war is over.
I am aware of only one "hate group" which usurped the Confederate flag, and that was the KKK. I really doubt those who defend the flag think the KKK has any place in legitimate society.
KKK strongest rise to political power was never in the South.  Indiana in the 1920's.

Threebean

« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2015, 07:22:18 PM »

but the war is over.
KKK strongest rise to political power was never in the South.  Indiana in the 1920's.
That does not fit the narrative, CB. Everyone knows it's the south which is racist. And Republicans. 150 yrs of history notwithstanding.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2015, 08:00:31 PM »

but the war is over.
That does not fit the narrative, CB. Everyone knows it's the south which is racist. And Republicans. 150 yrs of history notwithstanding.

Threebean

« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2015, 08:27:50 PM »

but the war is over.
Absolutely. Politically incorrect, to be sure.  Probably best to stick with discussions of cigars, booze, women, and sports here. 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]