Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #270 on: January 13, 2017, 07:12:38 PM »

Anyone had the La Traviata Maduro? Down to only a couple normal LTs left. Contemplating which to buy. Both?  ???
I like the maduro a lot. I like both but would give the edge to the maduro. Bought some recently at a good price from CigarPage.com.

Alright. Got a 10 of the maduro animados on the way. Looks good.
Tempted to pull on the naturals, but will probably wait a bit. Looks like they come up on the page regularly...at least for the time being.
We definitely see them pretty regularly. I'm not a huge CAO fan but that La Trav maddie is one of the exceptions. Also love the Flathead Steel Horse.
Add the Brazil, Italia and Amazon to that CAO approval list but I have not tried the horse.

I'd had no experience with a Brazilian cigar until the other day. There was an AB Brazilian in a sampler I got the others in. Not bad.

« Reply #271 on: January 13, 2017, 07:19:44 PM »

Anyone had the La Traviata Maduro? Down to only a couple normal LTs left. Contemplating which to buy. Both?  ???
I like the maduro a lot. I like both but would give the edge to the maduro. Bought some recently at a good price from CigarPage.com.

Alright. Got a 10 of the maduro animados on the way. Looks good.
Tempted to pull on the naturals, but will probably wait a bit. Looks like they come up on the page regularly...at least for the time being.
We definitely see them pretty regularly. I'm not a huge CAO fan but that La Trav maddie is one of the exceptions. Also love the Flathead Steel Horse.
Add the Brazil, Italia and Amazon to that CAO approval list but I have not tried the horse.

I'd had no experience with a Brazilian cigar until the other day. There was an AB Brazilian in a sampler I got the others in. Not bad.
Laranja is Brazilian too.
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #272 on: January 13, 2017, 07:23:28 PM »

Anyone had the La Traviata Maduro? Down to only a couple normal LTs left. Contemplating which to buy. Both?  ???
I like the maduro a lot. I like both but would give the edge to the maduro. Bought some recently at a good price from CigarPage.com.

Alright. Got a 10 of the maduro animados on the way. Looks good.
Tempted to pull on the naturals, but will probably wait a bit. Looks like they come up on the page regularly...at least for the time being.
We definitely see them pretty regularly. I'm not a huge CAO fan but that La Trav maddie is one of the exceptions. Also love the Flathead Steel Horse.
Add the Brazil, Italia and Amazon to that CAO approval list but I have not tried the horse.

I'd had no experience with a Brazilian cigar until the other day. There was an AB Brazilian in a sampler I got the others in. Not bad.
Laranja is Brazilian too.

Ah. Indeed, it is. With Dominican filler. Seems to me the Brazilian wrapper is a little more dark, but Dominican is usually mild, correct? It seems most connies (maybe all connies??) are Dominican?

« Reply #273 on: January 13, 2017, 07:33:11 PM »

@Shank... Here's the Holt's email link that was just sent out. I haven't smoked any of these in awhile, but you had a couple on your list. 10/$30 w/free ship.

http://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=FS011316&utm_content=FS011316

Awesome. Thank you. I'm not set up with them yet and don't get there emails; I probably should fix that!
This is the part we refer to as "Enabling" just so you know...
It's all about choices - a humi full of cigars or wife.

The former and something fun on the side sounds like the ticket! ;D
And IMFO it only needs to be a small travel humi full.
We're not talking about what is equivalent to what there Tex.

« Reply #274 on: January 13, 2017, 07:34:09 PM »

[...]

Not all Brazilian tobacco is Maduro cured.
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #275 on: January 13, 2017, 07:37:07 PM »

[...]

Most?

« Reply #276 on: January 13, 2017, 07:38:28 PM »

[...]

Tru dat.

« Reply #277 on: January 13, 2017, 07:47:38 PM »

Anyone had the La Traviata Maduro? Down to only a couple normal LTs left. Contemplating which to buy. Both?  ???
I like the maduro a lot. I like both but would give the edge to the maduro. Bought some recently at a good price from CigarPage.com.

Alright. Got a 10 of the maduro animados on the way. Looks good.
Tempted to pull on the naturals, but will probably wait a bit. Looks like they come up on the page regularly...at least for the time being.
We definitely see them pretty regularly. I'm not a huge CAO fan but that La Trav maddie is one of the exceptions. Also love the Flathead Steel Horse.
Add the Brazil, Italia and Amazon to that CAO approval list but I have not tried the horse.
Brazilia and Italia are decent but not on my "buy" list. Have Amazons marinating in the humi but haven't had one yet. Should smoke it soon so I'll know if I should buy more. Can only get those every 3 years.

« Reply #278 on: January 13, 2017, 07:54:30 PM »

I have an early travel day tomorrow with meetings/workshops from 9am to 9pm, and Sunday 9am until noon hopefully.
so I'm crashing early.

« Reply #279 on: January 13, 2017, 07:59:29 PM »

I have an early travel day tomorrow with meetings/workshops from 9am to 9pm, and Sunday 9am until noon hopefully.
so I'm crashing early.
Sleep tight Dean

« Reply #280 on: January 13, 2017, 08:00:41 PM »

[...]

When we speak of connies, we're referring to the wrapper. They are usually very pale; sometimes called claro. The real deal is from the U.S (Connecticut). Much of that wrapper comes from Ecuador these days. They tend to be milder cigars. Not necessarily Dominican made. Honduran and Nicaraguan too.

« Reply #281 on: January 13, 2017, 08:01:36 PM »

I have an early travel day tomorrow with meetings/workshops from 9am to 9pm, and Sunday 9am until noon hopefully.
so I'm crashing early.
Good night, Dean. Sleep tight. Don't let the redhead bite.

« Reply #282 on: January 13, 2017, 08:18:07 PM »

I have an early travel day tomorrow with meetings/workshops from 9am to 9pm, and Sunday 9am until noon hopefully.
so I'm crashing early.
Good night, Dean. Sleep tight. Don't let the redhead bite.
What a "happy ending"

« Reply #283 on: January 13, 2017, 08:38:42 PM »

@Tex, any comparison notes between El Oso Mamas and Papas?
I have not even smokes a Papa just quite a few Mamas.
The Mamas are excellent, Papas must be also

« Reply #284 on: January 13, 2017, 09:11:34 PM »

@Tex, any comparison notes between El Oso Mamas and Papas?
I have not even smokes a Papa just quite a few Mamas.
The Mamas are excellent, Papas must be also
That is what I figured too.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20